XxX_OSX86 10.4.10 Install DVD

BJMoose

223 posts in this topic

would anyone know if the new apple (aluminum) keyboard will work in the osx86 running in my pc? since i'm already into the mac os, might as well try to have the "look" also - at least little by little. ;)

pls. advise. tnx in advance!

Yes, I am typing on one right now.

You don't get all the special mac only keys, but everything works.

Also the command key doesn't have the windows logo for the windows key.

Other requirements are you need 10.4.10 in order to take advantage of the additional keys (which also has a special download from apple).

Thanks

i've been trying to get OSX86 native for almost a year now without much success. i've gotten it to work in vmware just never in native. i've tried every release since 10.4.4 with everything imagineable (SATA DVD-ROM, IDE-->USB adapter, IDE/AHCI/RAID, plugged SATA into each of the 6 available slots, every BIOS release since this board came out, editing AHCI and ATA kexts w/ my device ID, using the new 10.4.10 kexts which support ICH8-R, vmware to native, everything!!!) and i'm about to give up for good. here are my specs. could anyone please gimme some tips on which options to install w/ this XxX release to make it boot. usually i get "waiting for device" or ACPI State S3 errors.

Intel DG965WH w/ latest BIOS

X3000 integrated video

SATA DVD-ROM

IDE DVD-RW

Core2 Duo E6300

PS/2 keyboard and mouse

thanks in advance.

would anyone know if the new apple (aluminum) keyboard will work in the osx86 running in my pc? since i'm already into the mac os, might as well try to have the "look" also - at least little by little. :P

pls. advise. tnx in advance!

. . to add to swag's response, yes, they work fine: I am using the wireless version right now & all keys/function keys work except the screen brightness control keys. KeyboardSoftwareUpdate 1.2 installed OK.

. . to add to swag's response, yes, they work fine: I am using the wireless version right now & all keys/function keys work except the screen brightness control keys. KeyboardSoftwareUpdate 1.2 installed OK.

tnx for the reply. thank u too swag01. at least now i already have the green light. tnx again.

Intel DG965WH w/ latest BIOS

X3000 integrated video

SATA DVD-ROM

IDE DVD-RW

Core2 Duo E6300

PS/2 keyboard and mouse

thanks in advance.

That board should work. I would try JaS 10.4.8 PPF1+PPF2 on it.

The X3000 is not supported yet though.

When I have a bit of free time I'll try to make a x86 install dvd out of a macbook 'santa rosa' (965) install disk I got recently... but it wont be soon...

I had XxX osx86 DVD,but it didn't work in my computer. When I installed to my computer, and restart it just hold on some load driver...... didn't go to login screen. I didn't know what's going on.

I install Uphunk v1.4 .it's working in my computer .......How to fix my problem?

My computer:

Dell E310

2G Ram

300 HD

Audio Simgitel 9200

Intel v10/100

do you mean the grey screen with the apple?

You have to edit the boot.plist file located in /Library/Preferences/SystemPreferences... (if I remember well). copy it to the desktop, open it with textedit, delete the '-v' flag you will find below 'kernel flags'. Save it and copy it back to the original folder.

blackchungo - Hi - when sorting out the Dictionary issue(s), would you mind double-checking 'Character Palette.component' in /system/library/components?

. . I had to manually copy this over & delete 'com.aple.CharPalette.Server.plist' in order to be able to use/insert symbols in my install of your excellent 10.4.10 [ppf1] DVD.

I think that this system is great, thanks!

I loaded it on an old celeron I had in the shed, every thing works except the ac97 audio and I can fix that.

Only problem I have is it wants the install disc in the drive, otherwise it won't start up. (ANY IDEA'S)

(Yes I have set the bios to start on the h/disk)

I think that this system is great, thanks!

I loaded it on an old celeron I had in the shed, every thing works except the ac97 audio and I can fix that.

Only problem I have is it wants the install disc in the drive, otherwise it won't start up. (ANY IDEA'S)

(Yes I have set the bios to start on the h/disk)

You probably didnt check the "Master Boot Record" option while formating you HD.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=454399

Has anyone gotten SpeedStep working on this release? If so, how?

My previous uphuck 10.4.9 release had SpeedStep in the installer, but this release doesn't have it... so any clues as to how I can get it working? My computer is running with the fans blasting all the time without it.

Yesterday i installed this ISO, and it is very very fast and support my hard, and SSE2 pentium centrino 1.6GHz with GM855. I recommend this one. The only problem is audio, im looking a solution. My audio is AC97 so i checked alza audio from install but dont know what happend.

you must retrive the the vendor & device ID numbers of your soundcard, and with a bit of luck you might be able to custom a kext for your AC97...

you can get this numbers from windows (myComputer/(rightClick)Properties/Hardware/DeviceManager). search for your soundcard there (under "Sound, video and game Controllers"). then (rightClick)properties/details...

mine looks like this

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_4341&SUBSYS_FF101179&REV_00\3&61AAA01&0&A5

vendor:1002

Device ID:4341

Read this to have an idea of what it has to be done:

http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Audio

I tried to install this version, but after a smooth installation, it doesn't show up the login screen and shows "Login Window Application started" but nothing more...

I've got a Dell 4550, P4 2,5Ghz SSE2, ATI Radeo 9800Pro and installed using the 8.9.1 kernel, recommended patches and callisto driver...

What could be the reason for the problem?

Edit: Ok, now it's working (don't know why...^^).

But: The performance is pretty poor (I think I have to tweak the ATI settings a little) and more important: the onboard lan is not working (Intel Pro/100 VE). How can I enable the networking?

Theres not a driver for your lan in the DVD. I think some guys are developing one... search the forum.

About the performance, I wouldnt spect too much from an SSE2 only CPU... Maybe a earlyer relase, like JaS 10.4.8 ,would work better for your machine. Theres some ppl running this relase on SSE2 with OK results though...

here:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showpost.p...mp;postcount=41

he has the same graphic card, maybe you can ask him about how to...

Theres not a driver for your lan in the DVD. I think some guys are developing one... search the forum.

About the performance, I wouldnt spect too much from an SSE2 only CPU... Maybe a earlyer relase, like JaS 10.4.8 ,would work better for your machine. Theres some ppl running this relase on SSE2 with OK results though...

here:

http://www.hackint0sh.org/forum/showpost.p...mp;postcount=41

he has the same graphic card, maybe you can ask him about how to...

Thank you, i'll ask him and give the JaS version a try.

just a share. i successfully installed kalyway 10.4.10 but experiencing some issues. first, the safari can't log me in to my .mac account. safari also can't load gmail and yahoo mail or perhaps other mail servers. second, the mail app also won't connect to the server.

another very minor thing, my display is 1440x900 and the apple logo in the boot screen is stretched. is there a way to have it displayed as it should be displayed? :(

looking forward to someone's advice. tnx.