Marvell Support Effort

mortis

223 posts in this topic

I haven't gotten it to successfully work for me yet, but I am getting that exact error message that you described.

So I don't even need to think about following your instructions until I get it to work for the first time?

Will any of the steps that I followed in your instructions possibly cause an issue for me with trying to make it work (getting my cart in front of my horse)?

I'm sorry but I'm having a really tough time with this.

For reference, I am running 10.4.3 8f111a with Jas Patch. My motherboard is an Asus K8N-E Deluxe with Marvell Gigabit LAN with the following markings on the chip:

88E1111-RCJ

G495761-3

0403 B0P

I also have a Linksys LNE 100TX Version 4.1 NIC that I have tried to get working using the tulip.kext file with the same lack of success. :D

Could anyone help me a little bit with this? Thanks so much!

BTW, I am currently reinstalling 10.4.3 to make sure there is nothing that I did to mess the process up.

@madcow

I have the same board!

At first all my network cards didn't work. Wanted to get a 3Com card working. I compiled the kext for the 3Com from Darwin 10.4.3 source and replaced the kext. All of a sudden, both my 3Com card and the Yukon got loaded. Didn't change anything on the AppleYukon.kext!

Sorry. I'm such a fool! Somehow I really managed to mixup my kexts and it seems like I used the one where I entered my devid for 10.4.3! I still use my 3Com card so I didn't realised it. When using the Yukon OSX crashes hard after a few seconds. :pirate2:

I'm really sorry I spread some false info and hopes... :o

Well thanks to Maxxy boy and others, I am online in 10.4.4 on an AMD Mobile Athlon64 3700+ sse3 nx/xd and using the AppleYukon.kext file with my PCI-E 10/100 card on my laptop, 435111AB. I had to configure the speed manually, but as u can see its working. There are still other bugs that I need to work out in 10.4.4 such as CI and Quartz, but those will come in time. There's still something weird going on with the wireless drivers though, broadcom 4318 with AppleBrcm...**.kext from IO80211Family.kext. Hope this information helps other people.

Hi i've read this post and i have a p5gl2 motherboard from asus with a integrated marvell lan (53) so it should work. But i got several questions...

where to download the file appleyukon*.* and how to get my deviceID and then how to apply it all!?

i got 1.4.3 apple running succesfully and pleased with it.

The only thing is no LAN and no Audio.

Perhaps someone know how to change the res or somethin.

thx in advance

OK, I think we all agree, that the AppleYukon drivers from 10.4.3 through 10.4.5 work for the Yukon2 chipsets but not for the Yukon1 chipsets.

Since MacOSX uses a darwin kernel, why can't we use the original driver, Marvell is providing for FreeBSD?

Has anybody tried, downloading it from here:

http://www.marvell.com/drivers/search.do

Then putting it into the correct subdirectory where the binary driver ins MacOS X resides and edititing the Info.plist to match the Vendor ID.

Could that work?

.I had to configure the speed manually, but as u can see its working.

EdFlyer, do you mind eleborating on what you did to configure the speeds? im having trouble getting my card working and this sounds like an interesting option.

Technolion- Unfortunatly, the BSD drivers will not work "out of the box". They will require a port to the MacOSX system. If you read the very beginning of this thread, you can see that people have already considered this. Using BSD and Linux sources could help us write our own drivers, but it is still a hell of a lot of work.

-SaberSHO

Hey, my network card don't work in x86 10.4.4. I've modified info.plist with my ID ([/b]0x423011ab[/b]) but message in console is always: Bug error bla bla bla...

Can help me anyone?

P4 3GHz

ASUS P5P800

Marvell Yukon 88E8001/8003/8010

The AppleYukon.kext from 10.4.4 seems to work for me without further modification with my onboard Yukon of my NF4. 10.4.5 update also seems to have a new AppleYukon.kext.

Did only try it on native 10.4.4 not 10.4.3!

Working on your DFI board?...wonderfull, but I tought your board has Yukon with devID 0x432011ab.....

So check it again if I am right...

I emailed marvel about this and they replied that its Apple themselves thats written the drivers for all their os-x products. Which I guess means marvel aint gonna be bothered, and I highly doubt Apple is gonna do anything about it. So unless someone figures out how to make a working "hack" of some sort I guess the 8001 owners are f**k*d. :(

I emailed marvel about this and they replied that its Apple themselves thats written the drivers for all their os-x products. Which I guess means marvel aint gonna be bothered, and I highly doubt Apple is gonna do anything about it. So unless someone figures out how to make a working "hack" of some sort I guess the 8001 owners are f**k*d. :blink:
:D

With 88E8001 and 10.4.5 kext, I could not select the NIC in System Preferences (it was grey). I added the device ID and now I can select the NIC in System Prefs, however it says that the cable is unplugged. The cable is not unplugged -- when I added this device ID the port on the switch it's connected to lights up, detected as 1000mbit device. However, MenuMeters incorrectly reports this interface as 10mbit. The light on the switch would drop and reappear periodically, so I removed the other device ID from the Info.plist and now it will always stay lit, again detected as 1000mbit device. No other change in the OS, though.

I have the same error, cable uplugged.

Now, it recognizes the plate, if I not me deceit, the third ball is green, but the remaining portion continues red.

Somebody with this ethernet obtained to sail to have access internet?

How I make to discover device ID?

Somebody knows as I configure the InterNet in OSX 10,4,4, therefore I use ADSL and shares with one another computer, by means of one router and switch, would like to know as I make to catch IP, direct DCHP of the router. Thanks.

This Device Id 0x432011AB is correct for 88E8001???

Which is the difference between 88E8001, 88E8050, etc???