InsanelyMac is for sale

Swad

149 posts in this topic

Guest Kal-v2

Right. Guess we need a few points addressed here.

1. Not one single word of the digg article and the comments were incorrect. You know this, of course, but that's okay. We don't expect you to admit it. So let’s just get everything clear for those of you just tuning in.

AppleLegal, a *current* member of your IRC staff was one of the ones saying it, many were ex staff like myself, Star, and it was posted by a recent staff member at the request of another recent staff member. Nearly all of who left *because* you are most definitely not a good admin, and why on earth would they say it if it wasn't true?

There's nothing in it for us or them. Never was. Why we still care will be explained later in this post.

As for us having "changed names" supposedly well, you may notice that on digg you also have a different name. Not exactly uncommon. AppleLegal did sign his post with his more recognisable name too, so that statement and inferring that we were being sneaky is either wrong or you're a hypocrite. None of us have changed our name in the last two years or so at all. I'm still Kal, Star is still Star, Porcupine is still Porcupine, sampson is still sampson, Zappy is still {censored} and a PSP owner, jtle still drives into water far too often in BF2142... and so on. Of course you have done but hey... different rule for you, is it?

We've never hidden and sneaked around, nor have we actively had someone spy on the "enemy". Remember that little incident Mash? Or how hypocritical you are to claim you don't "condone" or "support" piracy, when past actions say otherwise. As do current ones, seeing as how you have STAFF MEMBERS actively posting in the AppleTV hacking section asking clearly for the hdd image from one quite openly.

Why don't we go to the trouble? We don't care about you enough to do so, sorry to say. Again, none of us expect you to accept this publically. Money to be made, after all. We however are perfectly willing to talk to people about it if they want to know, because we have no revenue stream to lose. We can afford to be honest. Nothing to gain, nothing to lose. Can you say the same?

2. On behalf of the older staff let's clarify a few things that people always wondered about, hopefully to make people realise how much you guys cover up and gloss over things that aren't "good for your image". We were credited staff on this site once. A lot of you also wondered what did happen to the original #osx86 IRC group. This was covered in the digg thread too but humour us here. Again, all of this is provable, and we're more than willing to take questions here or back on r-type - the original home of #osx86 where we still reside today. That’s how “hidden” we are.

We were not `fired`. We were not `removed` from the positions. Not in any way, shape or form. Therefore, we have no "grudge" or "axe to grind" as you may like to cause people to believe. This is why we are still on the original network, where you were all forced off of it. sHARD in particular was simply no longer welcome there.

Truth is, you even tried to get us to come back, didn't you? We declined again. We left because we all got together and chose to do so. Why was that again? Simple. The staff were, in more or less yours and sHARD's exact words, "there to do the {censored} job we can't be bothered with/don't have time for." and "dealing with the noobs". Those are more or less your words about the people reading this right now. Your beloved community that you love so dearly.

We were volunteers. We worked for zero, even though we all knew by that point you were doing quite well from the site. We kept on working for zero, even as the conditions there got worse. There because we wanted to help people. WE provided the support to the people in the very beginning, not you. This is also something you are well aware of. We did it again when we set up our own very successful version of the channel - WITH JaS, no less (for anyone wanting credibility for this, there you go) - which was not only far more intelligent but again, had us working for nothing because we enjoyed it. We still do it today albeit on our own terms. None of us has made a penny. None of us has wanted to. WE were the ones behind getting JaS donations for a Mac Pro as a thankyou, and convincing him to allow it (he never asked for it either, as you did), again with no real benefit to us, because we knew he deserved it for all his hard work. You never did a thing to pay him back. If you honestly believe you haven't been making money by standing on the shoulders of hard work done by him, myzar, aRT, semthex, Paulicat and the others, you're clearly deluded. They know it. It's why people come here. Everyone can see that.

The developers are sick of it too with this news by the sounds of it, hence the backlash and why they have moved off to their own IRC network now. OSx86 is dying out because of THIS attitude. You don't respect them, and you sure as hell don't accept that they are at least a good 99% of the `news` people come here for. That's wrong. This is why we are speaking up now. Remember people who are reading this - WE are the ones who helped JaS, because he helped us and everybody tirelessly and endlessly and he never once did so for any "reward" that you "deserve", so realise that clearly we care despite us being the `enemy` here.

Mash/Swad however? Everyone remember him asking for donations for a Macbook as a "reward" or a "thank you"? Remember that while he was doing that, he was making these supposed $1,500-2000 profits per month (more of which in a moment). How on earth is that right? Especially while the devs who do the real work see no reward for it? Now THAT is sneaky.

3. Ah the supposed $1500-2000 per month. Let's look at that for the potential buyer, shall we now? Sounds a lot doesn't it? Not bad anyway.

On the auction, Mash/Swad states that on a "good day" they make around $140. Of course day to day that varies widely, but let's say there was somehow an average of $120. Estimating high there. That amounts to roughly $44,000 being made, max, per year. Again, sounds wonderful, doesn't it?

If the site was to sell for around a `low` $50,000 - 25,000 less than the buy it now price and not uncommon for a site of this size - well, look at the math there. Add in server and running costs, assuming a "good" day the majority of the time even, it would take you well over a year just to break even after buying, never mind turn a profit. Still seem like a good deal?

Ah but it's not unusual to not make money in the first year for a business, I hear you say. Well. Who would go in for a deal where they end up losing money the first year *except* someone who wants to make a profit in the future? So the site would have to be run more a business, otherwise it's running at a loss. Simple. Buyer take note. This has and is damaging the relationship the site has left with the devs. The storm's getting worse, and we who know what is going on *don't* expect it to pass soon enough that it'd be worth it. If those figures include running costs already deducted, you'll be losing money. If they don't, you'll be losing more money. Does that seem like a good investment?

4. Fine. You still doubt us, users. Well, let's go onto something even our "bias" can't dispute.

Your "projections" do not add up Mash. This was pointed out by Zappy:

January 2007: 384,563 Unique visitors 8,293,774 Page Views 59,517,643 Hits

February 2007: 346,252 Unique visitors 7,815,998 Page Views 55,805,064 Hits

March 1-24 2007: 340,098 Unique visitors 6,615,180 Page Views 49,712,206 Hits

Now, potential buyers and users... do we spot a trend there that perhaps things are going downhill? Remember this is Mash/Swads own evidence of how the site is doing. Posted on his own auction.

February had nearly FORTY THOUSAND less unique visitors than January, 477,776 less page views and close to FOUR MILLION LESS HITS.

Ouch. Quite a drop isn't it. Nothing left going on and people are losing interest. Still, let's see what this month has been like.

March so far has dropped another 6,000+ unique visitors. Almost 1.2 MILLION less page views, and 5+ million less hits than February - which again had already fallen hugely since January. I think anyone with a basic grasp of math can see that's a pretty damn sharp decline the site is experiencing. A declining site, staff leaving... people, doesn't this signal *anything* to you about how "great" an admin Mash has been? So we have a definite decline, devs leaving as it is, staff going, and now the site is up for sale as it just happens to be making less money. Hmm, bit suspect that isn't it people?

Why? Who wants to go down with a clearly sinking ship like that?

Not good business. Ahem.

Our reasons for saying this, as I promised at the beginning, are simple. A final little piece of trivia for you all that should make that fairly simple.

Yesterday we talked. About the good, early days of OSx86. We were there in the very beginning, along with Mash, in the days that most of you don't remember, because you weren't around yet. We *were* the community that you are now. Each of us contributed as much as we could in the work that went on, even if it was only writing or helping out someone to find out what the situation was. We loved it and we had a lot of fun. *WE* were the heart of it all, the ones helping out so it grew. So don't dismiss us as "jealous ex staff". We cared about all this a lot, nobody can argue with that. Also notice that the people who have been around OSx86 the longest, are the ones who do not like Mash now. Isn't that interesting? You want to know why this is?

How many of you know what Mash really did in those early days? Again question this if you want because we can prove it:

Not one of the true original group can remember Mash doing *anything* worth note. At all. We sat and tried to. Some of us read old, old channel logs. He wasn't ever one of the ones who sat there, figuring things out for other people to help them, on their own time. Even Star, who has never even touched a hacked osx86 install, was providing tech support. Was he as good as the more knowledgable members? By his own admittance not. But even he was trying and helped people. Mash however... Most of the time, he wasn't even there - vanishing for weeks at a time - or was idle when he was. If he wasn't, it was to get people to digg articles to promote "his" site. Really. We were, and we were doing as much as we could because we wanted the community to become what it has now. That's what is so offensive about this sale and the profits he's been making. It insults *you*, the community, as he once again is vastly overstating his true involvement. That is what we don't like, because hey - we started this too.

"So what, he started the channel and the wiki and ran this site and so on" I hear you say. Guess what? That's not true either.

Shuddertrix - the original *true* admin - started things. He set up the wiki (as best as any of us recall), WE filled it with information. He didn't even design the site. ignorantcow did. sHARD was the one who dealt with the technical side of the current site up until recently - because Mash didn't know how to by his own admittance. And you know what? Mash stabbed Shuddertrix in the back to do it. Really. So what *did* he do in those early days..?

Mash... idled. Occasionally talked about how big this could be. Didn't exactly help anyone in a real sense that any of the people who were there to see it can remember. Nor did he staff the fledgling IRC channel that formed. Again providing the early difficult help and support when things were a LOT more complex than just putting one of JaS's wonderful creations into your dvd drive... was us. Darwin commands, anyone? dd'ing images from vmware and setting up hardware that didn't want to work? The devs did the work getting things running and they deserve endless respect for that. We did what we could offer, helping people actually use the end results. Mash was absent weeks at a time, and when he was there again it was mostly idling. I wouldn't expect him to dispute this either.

So here's us. On the raggedy edge. The ones who were helping in our small way to get the developers work to the community. Our little part of their much bigger contribution. We did it for the fun, and the satisfaction, never once asking for money or "reward" even though those people worked a lot harder than you. sHARD did more than you in real terms, and even we can respect him on that. Think on that.

This isn't right Mash. You know it if you realise for one single second the devs have been a huge part of "your" site's growth. Look at your own user figures that are there and you can see it. They (the devs) have been quieter for a while now, and the site figures are falling drastically because they have been. I think anyone here could see that, and I don't think anyone except you would really deny it. You don't respect them, not in a real sense. Which is why they have already left your IRC network, and some like myzar sound as if they will leave here too with the revelations. You talk of it as a "reward" deserved for hard work. Hopefully in reading this, people will question how deserved that really is and realise that we've been saying this all along. You've glossed over and denied things to yourself for the sake of the public image. We've told the truth to the community *we* started. The difference is we do respect the developers and don't claim to have done more than we really have. So no Mash, this isn't right. The figures you give prove it. It's their work that mattered most, not yours. The community *should* be pissed about it, because I'm sure they still have a sense of fairness that can't be covered by vague political rhetoric about how `unfair` they're being to not expect you to profit. You have done all along. You're caught. At least be decent enough to own up that it's not all your work and do the right thing. Give THEM the reward. We helped JaS get his. Will you help them and recognise their contribution now?

Kal - former member of staff and original IRC staff. (Who is not hiding and can be found with the others at r-type should anyone want to ask about this. And would have posted from his original account but hey, disabled...)

Wow. This page of the topic is changing at a crazy rate. I'm going to go do the homework I've been procrastinating on and check back later to see how this eventually turns out.

EDIT:

dude, stop posting your bull!!!

EDIT: you deleted your second one

This is getting sketchy. :unsure: Kal, I've lost track of how many times you edited that one post.

Wow, Kal-v2 was banned very fast...

I know too little in order to have an opinion, but he is definitely right when he says that a site like this becomes irrelevant very soon without the devs (and I'd like to remember bofors once again: of course install DVDs are very important, but if you don't have the right hardware you won't go very far).

This is getting sketchier. I've seen Swad reading this no less than 3 separate times since Kal aka "Kal-v2" and "loldonations" started posting, but he hasn't done anything aside from banning Kal-v2. No replies, nothing. I would have expected him to follow suit by banning loldonations.

I know I'm a bit of a nobody, but I would like to know what's going on. I do like this community and the OSx86 project, but things are really getting sketchy IMO.

And we still don't know who "paulmuk" is...

EDIT:

EDIT: Why delete bwhsh8r's post now that this was in response to? Because he said the same things from other sources..?

Interesting that one, isn't it?

Oh well made for a good screengrab.

I thought there was a post missing from the last time I checked... turns out there was.

EDIT2: Make that two posts. <_< Is Kal deleting his own posts? I haven't seen Swad (or any mods) here in the last couple of minutes...

Hi there,

So here in Austria it's now exactly Midnight, so I couldn't read all posts in this thread. I read the mail, and understood why you want to sell this all. You need time to "design" your future, this is good. Maybe the new owner of this all will not follow your footsteps. Maybe he/she will do. But thats not so important. Important is, that you created a great community. I think a strong community. If the new owner will do the wrong things, the community maybe will get smaller. But no one can destroy such a community. These people found this forum and each other because the most of them are living something. They will find a new forum. They will find each other again. Many would say this is worng. It's wrong to bring OSX against apple's will to the PC. They are also saying, it's wrong to develop opensource software, because it reduces the income of companies like M$. But these people are wrong. They don't want to see, that such a community where different people around the world are solving problems togeteher, building new things together and making the impossible possible together, makes these people really happy. More than for example Bill Gates with his money will ever be. So go to your university and don't worry to much about the future of this all. The forum is only a thing which can be replaced if necessary. But no one can destroy the really important work you did in the last few years. To create this community.

So I wish you only the best for your future and beg you to excuse my bad english <_<

Ghost

If anyone has read Kal's post above, I plead with them to read this rebuttal. Logs, statistics, and all evidence supporting my arguments will be available to anyone who asks.

Kal-

You were banned once because you’ve proven you have no interest in being an active part of this community, only to spew hate-filled nonsense that is a discredit to the human race. Your post has no merit, you make assertions without any evidence, and even though I should have deleted all of your posts (as we typically do for those evading bans), I decided to let one stay and to respond to it so that everyone can see how utterly nonsensical what you say is.

1. AppleLegal, a *current* member of your IRC staff was one of the ones saying it, many were ex staff like myself, Star, and it was posted by a recent staff member at the request of another recent staff member. Nearly all of who left *because* you are most definitely not a good admin, and why on earth would they say it if it wasn't true?
Well, there are a lot of reasons. You’ll never agree with everyone. Frankly, I’ve never done a thing to you, Star, AppleLegal, or the mysterious “recent staff member.” Nothing. I’m sure you’ll get to what I’ve done to be “not a good admin” later, but your list of people with n sao credibility outside your own clique proves nothing.

As for us having "changed names" supposedly well, you may notice that on digg you also have a different name.
It’s not that using a different nick is wrong – I have no problem having more than one – but when someone posts as nvidiauser, and that wasn’t who was actually posting, it’s clear you’re trying to impersonate someone, which is wrong. Don’t try to take the moral high ground here.

We've never hidden and sneaked around…
See above. Post as yourself next time instead of trying to demean someone else's name.

…nor have we actively had someone spy on the "enemy". Remember that little incident Mash?
No, actually, I don’t. We’ve never had an “enemy” here. We’ve had competing sites in the past, but no enemies. And no, we've never spied on anyone.

2. On behalf of the older staff let's clarify a few things that people always wondered about, hopefully to make people realise how much you guys cover up and gloss over things that aren't "good for your image".
Indeed, let’s look at the evidence, shall we?

We were not `fired`. We were not `removed` from the positions. Not in any way, shape or form.
Lie #2. You were on IRC staff (and many from your clique were forum staff), but you made it clear you didn’t want to work on making the site better, only cause trouble. You mean to tell me you or Star ever cared at all about this site? You didn’t. That was clear from the beginning.

Truth is, you even tried to get us to come back, didn't you? We declined again.
Haha. I tried to get us to a point where we could all be cordial and work on the same network, yes. Now being a peacemaker is a bad thing? Please - it was you and Star who wasn't willing to work with anyone on reconciliation.

The staff were, in more or less yours and sHARD's exact words, "there to do the {censored} job we can't be bothered with/don't have time for."
First, those weren't sHARD>>s words at all, but I’ll agree that they had that implication. Second, they weren’t mine and I was quite upset with him when I found out he had said them! We’re not one and the same, in case you hadn't noticed.

We provided the support to the people in the very beginning, not you.
I’ve never said otherwise. You worked on IRC. What I did was manage this site and try to hold things together on IRC. I finally gave IRC over to others, but I provide support by providing a venue for that support.

If you honestly believe you haven't been making money by standing on the shoulders of hard work done by him, myzar, aRT, semthex, Paulicat and the others, you're clearly deluded.

Well, I’d argue the delusion is elsewhere, but I won’t lower myself to your ad hominem attacks. Nevertheless, how have I made money from these guys? I just host the forum, man. People are free to go where they’d like – if it bothered you so much, you could have started up another site that fit your own interests better.

But let’s not forget how many donations those “devs” have taken. Hmmm… it seems I’m not only one who has benefited from this work.

The developers are sick of it too with this news by the sounds of it, hence the backlash and why they have moved off to their own IRC network now.
Get your facts straight. They moved two weeks ago, before I had even decided to sell. They moved because of conflict with IRC staff members – not me.

Mash/Swad however? Everyone remember him asking for donations for a Macbook as a "reward" or a "thank you"? Remember that while he was doing that, he was making these supposed $1,500-2000 profits per month (more of which in a moment).
I didn’t ask for donations for the MacBook – it was a referral program, which was very clear to everyone. You’re bad at making arguments, but apparently even worse at reading. “Revenue” is not the same as “Profit” and no one with any ounce of business expense would spend their entire business account for one thing, computer or otherwise. I didn’t have the money to buy a laptop, even with all the site money, at the time. Referrals were the only way to get it. Also, everyone who “donated” as you call it was paid back for their referral. Every dime. Next time, do some research before you just make these wild claims.

Ah the supposed $1500-2000 per month. Let's look at that for the potential buyer, shall we now? Sounds a lot doesn't it? Not bad anyway.
Did you even read the full auction? I posted the Adsense revenues and showed that the $2000 was a GREAT month and that $140 was a GREAT day – not the norm. That was clear to everyone. What we generally made was a lot lower than that. Why do you keep talking about things you have no clue about?

Who would go in for a deal where they end up losing money the first year *except* someone who wants to make a profit in the future?
What a stupid question. Who wouldn’t lose money (it’s called ‘cost of purchase, BTW, not losing money, which implies a negative income stream) if they thought the future would make up for it? If they were passionate about running a community like this and thought they could recoup their expenses in a year? And what’s your point here anyway?

Well, let's go onto something even our "bias" can't dispute...
Ok, you (or actually, Zappy) can add and subtract. Your mothers would be proud. But what you’re not seeing is the stats for all of 2005 and 2006. January was a great month for us (ever hear of Macworld?). We don’t always have the same amount of traffic and a lot of the traffic is based on what Apple is doing at the time, digs we get, etc. You make this huge claim that the site is dying based on 3 months of data? Please. You’d be a good fit for Congress, but I hope that analyzing trends doesn’t become your day job.

If you had access to all the stats, like the buyers did, you’d see that the site has been steadily growing since it started.

Not one of the true original group can remember Mash doing *anything* worth note.
Hmm… starting #osx86, working with Shuddertrix to start the wiki and forum, taking over when personal issues forced him to leave, letting the world know about the TPM, the leaks, bringing people to a central site to talk about things and find info… I’d hate to see what the collective IQ of this “true original group” (which includes whom?) is, because when you “sit around and try to think” the results aren’t that great.

Shuddertrix - the original *true* admin - started things.
Wrong again. He and I worked together. He did the tech stuff since he could, but I organized it, did all the post-installation customization, picked out skins, etc.

He didn't even design the site. ignorantcow did.
Right. And we paid icow handsomely for it, even though he was in breach of the original terms of our agreement. He didn’t fulfill the contract in time, but I paid him everything I said I would. Is that something that someone so sinister would do?

Mash stabbed Shuddertrix in the back to do it.
Shuddertrix was having a nervous breakdown and was put on medication and was, by his own admittance, not at the place he could be an Admin. You’re skipping over all the times he cause huge flare-ups on IRC and on the forum. The day that I asked him to step down, he said, “You’ve been a good friend to me, Jason Swadley.” Those are his own words. Originally he was just going to take a break for a few months, but at the end of those months we both decided that he was better off to stay away from the drama. You knew he was having issues at the time, yet you force me to drag out someone else’s personal issues here for all to see, just to refute a baseless accusation. You should be ashamed.
Mash... idled.
...and did a lot of work on the forum. If you’d notice, IRC has never been my top priority – the forum was once it was established. You wouldn’t know that since you really didn’t care about it, but I was here. Working.

This isn't right Mash. You know it if you realise for one single second the devs have been a huge part of "your" site's growth.
People come here for the community and discussion, not what the “devs” do. They don’t make up the site – it’s bigger than me or them or you. Do they contribute a lot to the content? Yes. Are they important? Of course. But they don’t make up the site any more than I do.

We've told the truth to the community *we* started.
This is most laughable comment of all! Who started the IRC channel? Who worked so hard on getting this forum and wiki up and running, which is how most people found out about IRC anyway? Me. Not you, Kal. Not Star. Me. And Shuddertrix. And shard>>>, cmoski, other, etc. I’ve worked with people, but for you to claim that your little posse of idiots started this community is an insult to everyone here.

Kal - former member of staff and original IRC staff.
You’ve really made yourself out to be the hero in this, but let’s talk about what you’ve really done... and haven't done. First, you’ve never done anything for this site. Ever. Not one moderator edit. Not one single improvement. Nothing. Secondly, on IRC, while you did help people (I’ll give you that) you were also one of the two people I could always count on cause problems – you and Star. I did nothing to you – nothing – yet you two began to hate me (mostly because you'd just believe IRC rumors and never ask me, like a real man, for my side). For no reason at all. And you hated sHARD>> and, instead of working to bring things together, threw your hands up at the first sign of trouble and immediately began a campaign to get us to leave or leave yourself. Yeah, that’s noble. Finally, you were eventually banned from the forum because you proved you were too selfish to actually contribute anything worthwhile, but instead spread these lies in an effort to discredit the very people who have supported this community all along.

I allowed your post to stay since I’m not afraid of the truth. But if this is the best you have to give InsanelyMac, I’d ask that you give nothing at all. Keep acting like a two year old and reregister as many times as you’d like, but I’ll continue to ban you. No one takes you seriously any more. You have no credibility here. I’m glad you’ve wasted these hours of my life and your life by talking about these accusations that have no basis in fact.

On a much lighter note, the website has been sold and I'll be introducing everyone to the new owners tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

I wait to let them tell you about themselves, but I will say that they're Mac users with a heart for this type of community. We'll be having a couple of scheduled discussions on IRC so that everyone can meet them and ask any questions they'd like.

Thanks! <_>

After all that i belive swad give a good stong, beliveable argument. If swad wishes to sell the site that He OWNS He has every right to, He didnt force the devs into helping, He didnt force JaS into making the dvds, they contributed at there own will. Because swad is making a "profit" dosn't mean that he has to give some of the profit to them, if they wanted profit im sure they could of started there own websites like this one.

after that i wish the best of luck to swad and i hope he sticks around. <_<

On a much lighter note, the website has been sold and I'll be introducing everyone to the new owners tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.

I wait to let them tell you about themselves, but I will say that they're Mac users with a heart for this type of community. We'll be having a couple of scheduled discussions on IRC so that everyone can meet them and ask any questions they'd like.

Thanks! <_>

Thanks Swad! I'm very excited to meet them (how many are there?). :)

Kal, there's no point in talking about 'rewards' and what you believe Swad owe's the dev's, because signing up to this community and starting projects isn't like going on a three month contract with full pay.

Dev's aren't without support, they have the entire community behind them.

It's just easier to blame one person at the end of it all. Very easy.

Goodbye Swad.
don't be a stranger around here swad!
Part of the contract was that I'll stick around for at least the next 3 years in a similar role to the one I have now - so don't worry, I'll still be around when time allows. :(

The new owners (one of whom, Paul, was the one who made the bid, thus the nick) are really committed to seeing InsanelyMac grow. I chose them over other bidders (even several at the same or higher private bids) because the changes they want to make are improvements, many of which I'd be wanted to make for some time. They're excited about the future - I can't wait for you all to meet them.

First, you’ve never done anything for this site. Ever. Not one moderator edit. Not one single improvement. Nothing. Secondly, on IRC, while you did help people (I’ll give you that) you were also one of the two people I could always count on cause problems – you and Star. I did nothing to you – nothing – yet you two began to hate me (mostly because you'd just believe IRC rumors and never ask me, like a real man, for my side). For no reason at all. And you hated sHARD>> and, instead of working to bring things together, threw your hands up at the first sign of trouble and immediately began a campaign to get us to leave or leave yourself.

WHO DARES SUMMON ME?!

on a more serious note, hello Mash,

I'm kinda flattered you seem as annoyed with me as Kal when I haven't posted more than a handfull of messages here since the site was made, nor even made contact with you since you left r-type, but I would like to counterpoint some of your words about me.

You are right I didn't care a whole lot for the site. It was nothing personal as I rarely post anything to any forums. I prefer IRC or other forms of IM communication, thus I stayed on IRC and if I could help out people I did. For the claim of "always causing problems" as I said earlier, once #osx86 left r-type I never followed you anywhere and caused any issues. At one point near the end of the room's time on r-type I did request to be promoted to a sop. This was done because the number of ops was going down fast, so we needed to be able to promote others to aop, and set akicks for frequent problem users. Neither of these were possible with you and sHARD rarely showing up. The only thing I did on IRC that could even be considered "causing problems" was walking out on the room when I (Along with many other ops at the same time.) felt it was pointless to continue. So yes I will admit to doing that.

Regarding the part with sHARD, he made it VERY clear the network was going to bend to his rules by letting him link servers and requiring us filter our users and rooms so only ones he approved of were able to see anything from "his servers". Or he was, as he said, going off to start a new network and taking #osx86 with him. This was all way before anyone stopped moderating the room. "Working things out" with him would have ment drasticly changing the network to give him control, which I was not willing to do as I felt the network comes first before the demands of any user or room.

It might supprise you, but no I don't hate you, and I'm not here to post on either side of the debate about you selling the site. If you want to feel angry at me thats fine and your right to, but I personally don't hate you. I only posted since you mentioned me and I wanted to give my side of the arguement against me.

Star

Quick edit to fix a typo

Star,

Thanks for your message - I appreciate the civil tone and it's nice to know you don't have anything against me. I've never had anything against you or Kal, I just wish we could discuss this like gentlemen. Sorry if I was a little upset earlier - I haven't slept much in the past two days.

As for the points on sHARD>>... he made most of his IRC decisions without my consent and the things that made you angry generally made me upset as well. I was always sorry that we couldn't come together on some things. But those mistakes, on both sides, are in the past and we're about to enter into an exciting future. It should be fun - I hope you'll be around. :(

Star,

Thanks for your message - I appreciate the civil tone and it's nice to know you don't have anything against me. I've never had anything against you or Kal, I just wish we could discuss this like gentlemen. Sorry if I was a little upset earlier - I haven't slept much in the past two days.

As for the points on sHARD>>... he made most of his IRC decisions without my consent and the things that made you angry generally made me upset as well. I was always sorry that we couldn't come together on some things. But those mistakes, on both sides, are in the past and we're about to enter into an exciting future. It should be fun - I hope you'll be around. :(

You are welcome.

I feel your original statement saying you felt as if we weren't willing to talk with sHARD is the main reason I replied to this thread. You admit here he was making statements on his own. His "take it or leave it" additude towards what he wanted, combined with telling every op in the room they were all expendable and didn't matter, is why we saw no point in trying hard to make things work. No matter what your opinion of Kal is, I felt that sort of labeling us as being the ones not willing to "work with someone" wasn't correct, so I replied to it.

Star

Well,...

Mash or ... Swad,

this is my first and I think the last personal adressed message, for you.

Ok, kal's arguments are strongly emotional..., and not really good.

From the date of my registration here, I am observing the work of the community

and other things on the forum. I can't talk about the IRC because I've been there for 2 times.

But, I think I understand why he kal so pissed about you, and not only he but others here too.

The forum is going out of control now, this site is too big, the community to fragmented.

Have you ever tried to solve your OSX86 problem by searching the forum? Do you know,

how many trash you have to let through your brain to get a piece of information. For every piece of

information... This is not, because the admins and the people with knowledge, the devs, and cool girls and guys are doing bad

work! The information this people produce is great and let me remember the early days of the OSX86project.

My theory is, that this site has been totaly over-promoted. Yes!! Why? Why 80.000+ Members, why 65 Millions hits and so on?

If you have been interested in the community or in the OSX86 this site would never be like it is now. The plan

to make your buck with it seems to be older, at least since the insanelymac.com transition. I never understood this

transition from the non commercial point of view! Expansion is always commercial!

I want to give a last substancial argument:

Why should we trust you? You are going to be a polititian! It is your professionality, to lie for getting things

going like you want.

phi

P.S.: In the case that my account will be banned now, I would like to thank the people, who did,

the really usefull work, all of you. All the installers kernels and solutions. Thank you very much for your time!

maxxuss rules! :(

The forum is going out of control now, this site is too big, the community to fragmented.

Have you ever tried to solve your OSX86 problem by searching the forum? Do you know,

how many trash you have to let through your brain to get a piece of information.

This has been something we've always dealt with - for legal reasons, we just allow people to post. We can't try to make things too easy, to make software to do it for you. If we encouraged OSx86 by actively making sure that everyone could do it, Apple would have had us long ago. As it stands, as a place where people are free to post what they'd like and search what they'd like, we're fine.

To all-

Thanks all for your comments. Today has been quite an emotional day, with a lot of ups and downs, so I'm taking the night off.

I'm also closing this thread since the site has been sold and everyone has had their say. Be watching over the next day or so as we introduce the road ahead! Thanks!