HP dv6000 & dv9000 series

Mammoth

432 posts in this topic

Well I have a DV9064EU and I've been playing with it since thuesday. It's been a rough ride but it's working incredibly fast. It boots under a minute and olmost everything works. Only the webcam ( I tried macam), cardreader and wifi doesn't work. Prolly well need only time but I'm sticking to mac os !

Thnx everyone on this forum for making this possible. I've found a ton of information to get things working.

The powermanagement link allowd you to track battery usage. Strange this about it is that the battery icon didn't show

up after I installed it, but then I unplugged my computer and it came on. Now its working fine. MacOS definitely eats

up my power faster than Vista.

I don't think the power options work as well in Vista, but it does lower the screen brightness when you go on battery,

so it is doing something right. I still think its worth installing, since it adds some power management.

I have 1gb and 1.73 ghz T2250. I haven't tried running vista on parallels yet, just XP. What are your specs?

Btw - did you install vista on a virtual HD, or are you running it off the original vista partition?? I would like to

run from partition and not make another virtual HD.

also hoping for headphone/mic to work.. but I'm happy as it is.. MacOSX is what I run all the time now.. so

much better than Vista! and I love Parallels!

Btw - any other tips you know of? btw - I just figured out how to allow MacOSX to read AND write to NTFS Vista partition

(using MacFUSE and NTFS-3G)

Cheers !

Same processor, I believe, but I have 2gigs of memory; I give Parallels 1gig. In bios I set the video memory to 128, though oddly in the machine's paper spec they only mention 64mb for the good ol' Intel G950 graphics chip. I boot Vista from a virtual partition. Oddly I rarely use Vista (hmm, I wonder why that would be...?. I'm going for a full hard drive reinstall, including getting rid of the HD rescue partition, which I have imaged to a DVD and CD. Vista doesn't seem much slower than XP on Parallels. That said, I stupidly installed Vista Ultimate from the MS DVD that came with my laptop, when I should have just gone with Vista Basic. Once the demo has timed out I will install Basic. In terms of tweaks, there are the obvious ones in Vista/XP or playing with the Performance settings. They make a big difference. The deservedly famous Black Viper has a section on skinnying down Vista on his website, which is to say stopping unneeded services; I used to find his Services tips for XP made a big difference on my XP IBM laptop. They do say it runs about third slower than it would if you were running Vista normally on the same computer. If I can find a cheap oem version of Office 2007 I want to run that. Not much other reason to have Parallels, reallly! You wouldn't do transcoding or video editing on it but for the basic every day stuff it's fine. Oddly, when I defragmented my Vista boot partition the other day, Vista took a lot longer to load up, going from nine cheesecake wedges to twenty. I'm nodding off! Hope this made some kind of sense. ;))

Hi all, I have a DV6000Z CTO with a AMD Turion TL-56 I installed OS X from VMware (using Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2].iso) and when I try to boot in native using the kext here OS X at least recognizes my drive but it cannot boot 100% it lokes some where when statring virtual memory. does any one here know how to get past this or if i have to wait for a better kext/install image?

and help or guidance would be appreciated thanks.

-papodaca

I'm here to report that sleep & wake are fully working on my v6000t!

I found out by accident when I was running on batteries, it went into sleep after like 20 mins,

then I thought "oh {censored}.. now I'll have to reboot". The power light was blinking.. hmmm looks like sleep.. then I pressed the quickplay button and then the computer came on... fan turns on.. HD starts going... no screen.. just about then I was going to hit the power.. and then blink! screen lit up! it was running again! guess I have to wait a bit and not be so impatient!! :P

this v6000t is looking to be the most compatible laptop. the only things left to resolve are:

5-1 Media reader

Express Card Slot

Microphone/Headphone

One thing I haven't checked is to see if I get video out of my VGA connector.

Read my how-to a couple posts back. it has a link on how to activate your wireless.

NOTE: it is only for v6000t with Broadcom wireless 4311 card! Intel a/b/g/n cards are not working yet!

if you upgraded to an intel a/b/g/n then you will have to wait until somebody makes

the driver

This is an awesome thread, tons of good info. Thanks everyone. I have a couple of questions for the experiance users out there.

This is my first time trying this. I have a HP DV6000 Intel Centrino Duo with Vista (32bit) and I'm downloading the 10.4.3 8f1111 DMG file + the 1111a Generic Patch. I know this is an old version and was wondering if it would be a good start? I've been downloading it now for almost a day and a half and I just would hate to stop the download.

Should I get the latest version and start from there?

This is an awesome thread, tons of good info. Thanks everyone. I have a couple of questions for the experiance users out there.

This is my first time trying this. I have a HP DV6000 Intel Centrino Duo with Vista (32bit) and I'm downloading the 10.4.3 8f1111 DMG file + the 1111a Generic Patch. I know this is an old version and was wondering if it would be a good start? I've been downloading it now for almost a day and a half and I just would hate to stop the download.

Should I get the latest version and start from there?

Not sure I am familiar with that. I used the most recent JAS10.4.8 DVD and then the JAS 10.4.9 update, not forgetting to adjust the FSB to 133 after you have installed the latter. I have a HP DV6205us.

*Hopefully* you'll be able to get networking, well, working. Wireless, Audio, and Gfx are perfect. But if you need LAN, ur gonna get real frustrated trying to get 'Configure Local Area Network Adapter' to show up.

dv6225us here.

Nd

Hello,

Im a newb!

I have a DV9200 CTO notebook...I used the JaS 10.4.8 DVD and install went pretty smooth.....when I first loaded OS X for the first time It had a resolution of 1050X1680...the native resolution of my screen except backwards>......also i had no mouse cursor....I navigated by guessing over to system preferences and went to the display box and hit detect display...after that it fixed my rez and everyting looks beautiful.....

I had a problem with sound at first by I downloaded the patch for it and it works fine now.....

Ultimately I would love to find a driver for the 3945 wireless so I can use my intel MAC at school :().......Also it does not give me an estimated battery life.....just started using today will keep updated......

Thanks,

Steve

Hi guys.First of all i wanna give my congratulations to the creators of the topic and anyone participating to it.I believe the new pavilion series is GREAT and it would be even greater with OSX runnin on it.I would like to tell you my problem.

I own a HP Pavilion DV 6105EU.It has an AMD turion,nforce4 chipset and a gefroce 6150 gpu.Here is my problem:When i try to install the 10.4.4 image,i get to the disk utility but it doesnt even recognize my Sata hard disk.

I would like to ask you,if i aquire the 10.4.8 image will i be able to "see" my hard drive? (i am aware of the vmware method but i would like to do a native installation).

Thanks for your time and help

GFOnyX: Use Acronis or another third-party partitioning app and set the partition type as 0xAF (ShagOS Swap). Then boot with the JaS DVD, and Disc Utility will be able to format/erase it. Then you can install as normal.

For wireless I used the Broadcom 4311 fix, I'll see if I can find the tut link if ne1 needs it.

Nd

EDIT: Bad Grammar :)

I have a HP Pavilion DV 9010US.

It has an AMD Turion 64 X2, Nforce4 chipset and a gefroce 6150 gpu.

I'm using JaS 10.4.8 AMD PPF1+PPF2 version and I had the same problem than GFOnyX, my sata hard disk isn't recognize by OS.

I used Acronis to set partition type as 0xAF (ShagOS Swap), but it didn't work, my sata hd still isn't recognize by OS.

Any ideas?

Thanks

in relation to the SATA HD problem......also try disabling native sata support in the BIOS...IM STILL looking for 3945ABG drivers!!!!

there is no such option in my bios.I am using version F28.Are u sure that something like that actually exists?

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

This is a summary of my system:

HP Pavilion dv6179ea (very very similar to dv6175ea)

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo processor T7600 (1.83 GHz)

15.0" SXGA BrightView Widescreen (1280x800)

128MB NVIDIA® GeForce® Go 7400

Microphone/Webcam

2048MB DDR2 System Memory

120GB 5400 RPM SATA Hard Drive

LightScribe DVD+/-RW w/Double Layer

Intel® PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network

Intel HD (Conexant) audio

Intel Pro/1000 network

Screen works at 1280x800 with Titan or Natit (I've tried both). I really would like to have dual display working and it's not. Any suggestions are very welcome? I'm ready do do some tries/experiments... just need some guidance.

Sound is not working. I've seen some reports that it should, but I coudn't get it working. Any suggestion on a good link to have sound with HDA/Conexnt chips?

Thanks,

João

I keep getting a ACPI kernel panic with the JAS 10.4.8 + 10.4.9 ISO I used from Demonoid. I followed the instructions posted in the topic but can't reproduce the results, and there is no place to turn off the ACPI in the bios. I've tried it a couple of times now and I get the same results.

I've tried installing the drive on 60 GB partition with the rest of the drive blank. That's the only thing I'm doing unique.

Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong or could someone list the know version of JaS or other build they used?

-TIA

Here's my rig Spec.

HP DV 9000t

Intel 1.83 C2D mobile

2Gigs RAM

2 - SATA WD 120 GB SATA Drives. (Removed one during the install)

Nvidia 256 7600 Go Series

1680x1050 Resolution LCD

I have DV6108NR And I have 10.4.6 installed, and working fine, but no sound, and no network. Can Anyone help or point me in the right direction I have tried numerous audio drivers, and I`m having trouble finishing the patch for the network using the Terminal window.

I keep getting a ACPI kernel panic with the JAS 10.4.8 + 10.4.9 ISO I used from Demonoid. I followed the instructions posted in the topic but can't reproduce the results, and there is no place to turn off the ACPI in the bios. I've tried it a couple of times now and I get the same results.

I've tried installing the drive on 60 GB partition with the rest of the drive blank. That's the only thing I'm doing unique.

Any Ideas what I'm doing wrong or could someone list the know version of JaS or other build they used?

-TIA

Here's my rig Spec.

HP DV 9000t

Intel 1.83 C2D mobile

2Gigs RAM

2 - SATA WD 120 GB SATA Drives. (Removed one during the install)

Nvidia 256 7600 Go Series

1680x1050 Resolution LCD

I'm having the same issue with kernel panic. No place to disable the ACPI in the bios as far as I can tell.

Have you tried any previous versions like 10.4.7 or .6?

hey everyone,

I have a dv6245us running Jas 10.4.8... I used the Jas 10.4.8 Install DVD w/ PPF1. (EDIT: Jas 10.4.9 Combo Update--Replaced 8.9.1 kernel w/ 8.8.1)

System Specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 1.6 Ghz

1 GB DDR533 Ram

GMA950 (QE/CI working with Jas patches)

Intel Wifi (not working)

Connexant--Intel HD Audio [working with this: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...=36520&st=0] (no headphone/mic)

Sonix SN9C102 Webcam (not working EDIT: Working with 10.4.9)