Your Next Computer

Your next computer  

230 members have voted

1. 1. Which you will buy?

• Mac
    • PC

99 posts in this topic

I dream of a Mac Pro, but not in its present form (it should use less "esoteric" hardware).

I don't know if and when I'll be able to afford one. However my hackintosh is only 7 or 8 months old, built with quality components.

And BTW, isn't it remarkable? Only 9 votes so far, but nobody wants to buy a PC.

isn't it remarkable? Only 9 votes so far, but nobody wants to buy a PC.

I'll be the first.

I will never own a mac, if I cant run an OS on a PC, I dont need it. I like osx86 but it hasn't influenced me to buy an overpriced Apple product.

i will get a new macbook pro in 2008 or 2009 i think ... for that time the power has to be enough ;-)

maybe, in 2 years, if i earn any money after studies, i would like to have an imac or a mac mini, so that my macbook pro is really only the portable device...

Already have my MBP, gonna buy Leopard when I finish paying my dad for the computer.

If Leopard's ever suitably hacked, my next computer will be a custom-built Hackintosh. Otherwise, another Mac of some sort. Not really looking that far ahead ATM - I expect this MBP to last me through college. Should do it easily, too. I hope.

Edited by ErBiC

I want a Mac! Any mac, i'd be happy with a Macbook, MBP or iMac. I mean this computer is *very* nice, it runs all my oses wonderfully, it's been really stable and fast, and cheap, I'm very happy with it.

But compared to an imac, it's just so ugly, inside and out. I cannot compare it to an iMac, those computers are just amazing. The design and everything, all the little details, the fact that it's completely silent, has digital audio, things like that...

Even my friend's G4 emac which was basically the cheapest mac around 2 years ago...it's fantastic!

Yeah, when Leopard comes I'm seriously gonna want a mac, just hope I can sell this sucker to some other sucker and get enough money together...

I just ordered my new laptop.

A Dell Latitude D820.

I was looking at the Macbook pro, and in the end, after doing the research, I saved apile of dough by not gettign a MBP.

I sue my computer for audio production, and for that I need a special PCMCIA card.

Apple, stupidly, decided to not have a PCMCIA cardslot. IMO, they should have included it with this series of MBP, as a gtransition.

In my case a similar configured MCP would have cost me $600,- CDN more. Add to that the cost of a replacement Express card for my application, and I'm up at $1000,- more.

Add to that, the fact that bootcamp is not addressing all hardware interfaces etc, yet, and it simply was a no go.

On the dell, I can pull out the media bay cartridge holding the DVD burner, and slip in anoither bay, with a secondary harddrive.

This way I can simply boot from that drive into OSX. No need for dualbooting set-ups.

I can also easily upgrade the processor when quadcore are easily availble, and come down in price, as the CPU is socketed on the Dell.

So, I saved$1000,- Can run both OSX and Windows natively.

And we won't even start talking about all the quality issues I read about regarding the MBP.

We'll see where laptops are in about 2 years, when I am ready to buy another one.