HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

JCCOOL, I have a quick question. I installed this on a machine that has a different card (for testing) and now after I cant get into the desktop, I'd like to uninstall the drivers. I can boot into single user mode (-s) and mount the disk, I'm just not sure what files to remove/what to run to remove the driver.

Any tips?

Hi,

*ed...: yes, this means that there is no hardware acceloration, it is like removing directx and opengl for windows, I will not be working on support for this card because I don't own it, upgrade to an xt if you want qe/ci

*wild: this is a common problem because the driver is really intended for what I wrote down (7244,7249 and 7240 seems to work too)

to get your desktop back which I have mentioned 2 times in 2 different posts in this thread,

sudo rm /system/library/extensions/Natit.kext

sudo rm /system/library/extensions/ATINDRV.kext

I understand that it is long to search through the whole thread but you could have done a filter search *uninstall before asking me,

I will however post this on the 1st post for anyone whom needs it,

Jccool

*update: this is really strange, it seems that insanely mac doesnt remember any of the posts i made since the day I canged my avitar and it isnt letting me edit my first post, odd, I wonder if anyone else has expirienced this.

Edited by jccool

big thanks to you jccool, because with your work i've been finally able to run a fully

stable system on my machine. before using this is would randomly crash in whatever

application - for no apparent reason. since using this driver for my x1900xt i have

not had a single lockup in days.

before this i would get the spinning rainbow ball and that was that, nothing but a

reset would get me anything anymore.. all gone now. (now i would want something

like that for my asus 6600topsilent to get qe/ci :poster_oops: )

Hi,

Glad the driver has helped you, sorry about your Nvidia card but I don't own any Nvidia cards (except my xbox 1 gpu but that doesn't count) not that I don't like them, in fact if it were up to me i'd get an 8800 but I need mac compatibility. I went with the 1950xt because it has fairly good performance and its very inexpensive, and I had heard 2 testamonies (that turned out to be false) that the xt was 100% compat but it wasn't, nothing worked, so I decided to do it myself and I'v been able to help many people too, even x1900 users :thumbsup_anim:.

Jccool

Hello, would someone help me with x1950pro by Visiontek it has id of 7280

I think the chip set is based on RV570 and not R580 as the other x1950 cards

I've tried other methods and even yours x1950xt modified to 7280. I endup with kernel panics or black screens...

Pleas Help!! B)

Hi,

binimot,

first off, are you using jccool installer 0.3?

second if it doesn't work, i'm not surprised because the driver is made for the x1950xt not pro, some have gotten dual dvi to work, may not work for you,

sorry,

Jccool

*darkmac, i'v written about support for the xtx, it seems to work ok but fan is always 100% (full blast) please look around b4 posting, search keyword xtx,

Just to let you all know - I have an HIS X1950XTX with 512Mb

Using your driver it seems to work perfectly

The card shows up with ID 0x7240

Core Image supported

Quartz Extreme Supported

Rotation Supported

The only slight problem is that the cooling fan now runs at top speed all the time - makes a hell of a racket :-(

@jccool: is there any way that people with a xtx card can seen you debug info so that (fingers crossed) you might be able to sort out the max fan speed bug??

i have a 1950 xtx and would be willing to help the community with this, it is just an idea.

thanks for the driver though much appreciated

Hi,

no, as I said before, i'm not working on anything pro or xtx related, the driver is made spicificly for the xt and other ones also work 1/2-9/10 perfect, if I ever buy an xtx (which i doubt because my next card is dx10) I will look into it, other than that, someone else will have to do it,

(maybe you could buy a condenser that limits it to "X" rpm?

thank you,

Jccool

First post here, hi! :wacko:

I figured my GeForce 8800 GTS is useless if I'm going to install 10.4.8, however I have a spare ASUS Radeon X1900XT with 512 mb's of memory, hopefully this will fully work when using 1680x1050 through DVI? I downloaded the file from an earlier post called "ATIX1x00_3.5.mpkg", is this all I need to get?

I'm a complete newbie at this, so bear with me :rolleyes: Thanks!

Hi,

with your x1900, can you go o /applications/utillities/System Profiler.app

could you go to graphics/displays and tell me your device id, it's probably 0x72**

If you tell me this I can tell you weather my method will work for you or not,

Jccool

I did not touch atindrv at all. I just went into info plist of x1000.kext and swaped 7240 id for 7244 (under X1900 series) then went to x1000ga plugin kext and swapped 72c1 twice for 7244 and rebooted with only dvi hooked and monitor sez dvi no signal

what id's in the X1000ga plugin? theres nothing to change unless you hex edit it.

Hello good people...

Jcool could you please tell me if this is the correct card for these working :star_smile: drivers?

I just bought this one:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?...N82E16814102067

Does this match the one you have? Device ID is hopefully the same!!? I had a 1650 pro and 1950 pro but always had terrible (tearing) picture over DVI connection so I am hoping this will fix this?

Thanks for any info and keep up the good work

J

Edited by jzjz

Thanks for the info JCOOL...

I was hoping to get card today..but i missed newegg cutoff by 1 min...so it looks like monday..i will post results

Also...When i first install OS do i chose any of the ati options or just intel sse3 and install jcool driver when done with install??

Hi,

*Diablolik,

I have made a picture for you to better understand which values I had modded, it is much like part of boris method, this in combination with other things gave my card res change (with lotsa artifacts) now i use modded version of Natit aswell as atindrv and x1000.kext,

post-7618-1172868808_thumb.png

*jzjz,

Hi,

When you first install, do not select anything ATi related or NV40 related, just sse3 patch or whatever your processor needs. Also please use 10.4.8. Then once it is installed, use the self installing jccool method and reboot and voila!

Enjoy

Jccool

Edited by jccool

Hey nice driver, I got my x1950xtx up and running.

I know Jcool said he wasn't going to offer any x1950xtx support and that's fine so my question is directed at everyone else who DOES have it or want to use it.

I was wondering, about the fan issue that everyone is experiencing. Could the fan be running at 100% because the GPU is running at 100%? If so how can I find out in OSX? I'd be happy knowing that the fan wasn't running at fullspeed because the core was running at fullspeed requiring the huge fan speed boost.

Hi,

I think you can atleast check if something is running at 100% in /applications/utilities/activity monitor.app,

although I doubt this is the problem because every 120 or so boots my x1950xt's fan goes 100% (has happened 2 times) and the system still ran at full speed, I really think this is a driver issue, (maybe no communication with fan voltage so vbios goes to default safety regulation (full blast like when it is booting))

Jccool

I just wanted to say 'thanks' for these drivers! ;) I have a fully accelerated desktop with my Radeon X1900XT (0x7249), the UI is so very smooth :tomato: Although, DVI does not work at all, the monitor goes to sleep when it starts loading the desktop, so I'll need to use VGA.

Now I just need to find a nice new non-black Apple-style widescreen that uses VGA :P heh