HOW TO: Get the Sapphire X1950XT(id7244) and X1900XT (id7249) to work NOT THE PRO (Jccool Method)

jccool

804 posts in this topic

MaDxCrEaM:

I've been trying to install many various drivers at that time… Finally I've decided to return to native drivers…

If you do nothing after update to 10.5.3, you shouldn't reinstall anything.

Just edit your ATIRadeonX1000.kext, and go to terminal… or do, as wrote macmaniac in previous post…

macmaniac:

All regards to Bronya ;) I just used his method…

THANK YOU SHAMMAN! This is confirmed working for me.

I had 10.5.2 with EFI gfx strings all working well.

Installed 10.5.3 update dmg, as per netkas, then reinstalled .kexts particular to my mobo, then rebooted.

Result 10.5.3 without CI/QE

Applied SHAMMAN/BRONYA fix:

1. sudo -s [password]

2. nano /System/Library/Extensions/ATIRadeonX1000.kext/Contents/Info.plist

3. edit device ID 7244

4. chown -R 0:0 /system/library/extensions

5. chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions

6. rm /system/library/extensions.mkext

7. rm /system/library/extensions.kextcache NB. I got a file not found error. I kinda knew there was no kextcache.

8. kextcache -k -z /system/library/extensions

REBOOT! into working CI/QE~!

Cheers!

I'm assuming you have the Sapphire x1950xt? according to that ID=7244.

I myself have the X1950XT and I installed the 10.5.3 kalyway update. updated Vanila 9.3.0 Kernel and had trouble with the QE/CI - so I re-installed 10.5.2 got everything working:

ATI Radeon X1900 XT:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1900

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7244

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: ATYinject X1900 0.0.1

Displays:

DELL2407WFPHC:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

DELL 2007FP:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

Now I want to understand your process.

you installed 10.5.3 update, and NO Graphic KEXTS or drivers?

If you did please mention which once?

By saying "Applied SHAMMAN/BRONYA fix:"

you mean applying this string in Terminal?

1. sudo -s [password]
3. edit device ID 7244
7. rm /system/library/extensions.kextcache NB. I got a file not found error. I kinda knew there was no kextcache.

Or there was installation of Kexts,Plists,drivers involved?

If you have the X1950XT and all you had to do is type those few code lines in terminal than Im gonna try installing 10.5.3 again!

:thumbsdown_anim:

Waiting for your reply...

PS - excuse the poor ENG :(

Do not install any different ATI .kexts. You use the 10.5.3 ones.

Does this answer the question?

Install 10.5.3 update

Edit device id

Do the bronya thing.

Thats it.

Worked like a charm. Thanks alot everyone for helping!

Thnaks for the reply man!

Do not install any different ATI .kexts. You use the 10.5.3 ones.

Does this answer the question?

Install 10.5.3 update

Edit device id

Do the bronya thing.

Thats it.

Well.. the "ID change" part I understand.

But I didn't understand "Bronya's thing" I followed the link but I can't really understand what to do... I saw all kind of files to Dload but nothing that reffers to the 7244 (x1950xt) that I have for the 10.5.3 update.

Can some1 please explain what to do? which file to Dload?

Thanks!

Thnaks for the reply man!

Well.. the "ID change" part I understand.

But I didn't understand "Bronya's thing" I followed the link but I can't really understand what to do... I saw all kind of files to Dload but nothing that reffers to the 7244 (x1950xt) that I have for the 10.5.3 update.

Can some1 please explain what to do? which file to Dload?

Thanks!

ArkaPro, this is all you have to do.

First, install the 10.5.3 update following netkas instructions. Then follow these instructions from Bronya in Terminal.

1. sudo -s [password]
3. edit device ID 7244

No need to download any files from Bronya's post. Hope this helps.

ArkaPro, this is all you have to do.

First, install the 10.5.3 update following netkas instructions. Then follow these instructions from Bronya in Terminal.

1. sudo -s [password]
3. edit device ID 7244

No need to download any files from Bronya's post. Hope this helps.

Thanks MAN!

When you say "following netkas instructions." what do you mean?

Are you reffering to this

I have the "kalyway_10.5.3_ComboUpdate" if I use it can it bypass the NETKAS (confusing) instructions?

Thanks MAN!

When you say "following netkas instructions." what do you mean?

Are you reffering to this

I have the "kalyway_10.5.3_ComboUpdate" if I use it can it bypass the NETKAS (confusing) instructions?

Yea, I was referring to that link. I think it should still be the same using kalyway update, but can't say for sure since I didn't use that method.

Hi,

I feel really bad not being able to make an istaller 4 10.5.3, my mac harddrive gave out about a month ago and not i'm w/o a mac partition.... if anyone could produce an installer containing the patched 5.3 kexts, i'd be happy to upload and post it....

Jccool

Hi, jccool!

Your proposition is interesting for me… but I’m newbie and I did nothing of the kind before…

Can you give me a link to a guide about installers producing, or tell me about this process shortly?

Friends, I have got my qe/ci back. So, you can try this solution too.

Firstly, I've restored original Apple files from 10.5.3 update package (ATIRadeonX1000.kext, ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin, ATIRadeonX1000GLDriver.bundle, ATIRadeonX1000VADriver.bundle and ATIRNDRV.kext) using Pacifist.

Then I've edited original ATIRadeonX1000.kext and manually add to Info.plist my cards ID (0x72441002).

But after repairing permissions and reboot I have no qe/ci :)

So I've tried this solution from Bronya (see the first post):

sudo -s also enter the password root!
chown -R 0:0 /system/library/extensions
chmod -R 755 /system/library/extensions
rm /system/library/extensions.mkext
rm /system/library/extensions.kextcache
kextcache -k -z /system/library/extensions

And it did work for me :) Now I have Leo 10.5.3 and full qe/ci support:

Many thanks, worked for me !

PS To Everyone:

As I have mentioned, I bought a new HD which cost 80$, I bought it mainly so that I could continue making and supporting the Jccool Method.

During the course of the 10.5.3 installer there has been 600 downloads of the file;

of those 600 people only 2 have donated totaling 10$ worth of donations;

I'am asking for everyone who uses the Jccool Method and for all those that want it to stay alive to please make a donation. If 1 in 6 of you who downloaded it donated a dollar, it would covr the whole HDD cost!

Thank You For Your Support,

Jccool

Hello Everyone,

good news,

I decided to go buy a hard drive today and I made some installers for 5.3!! they are on the jccool site (the place you usualy go),

enjoy,

Jccool

PS To Everyone:

As I have mentioned, I bought a new HD which cost 80$, I bought it mainly so that I could continue making and supporting the Jccool Method.

During the course of the 10.5.3 installer there has been 600 downloads of the file;

I'am asking for everyone who uses the Jccool Method and for all those that want it to stay alive to please make a donation. If 1 in 6 of you who downloaded it donated a dollar, it would covr the whole HDD cost!

Jccool

Hello good people!

I just wanted to say thanks to Jccool for making those easy to use installers!

I had his driver for my tiger version.

Now that I installed Leopard I had trouble with the 10.5.3 update (the QE-CE problem)

but today I found out Jccool released the 10.5.3 patch!

I installed it and it worked like a charm!

ATI Radeon X1900 XT:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1900

ROM Revision: ATYinject X1900 0.0.1

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.219

Displays:

DELL2407WFPHC:

Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

DELL 2007FP:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 60 Hz

*the only thing I dont understand is why it says x1900xt and not x1950xt

But as long as everything is working it really doesnt matter

And now for the most important thing!!!

I'm sure many of you are using those great installers.

those installers are making the hole OSX86 experience like a walk in the park - AND FUN!

The way for you ppl to to show respect and appreciation is by DONATING!!!

Use Paypal to give any amount!

creating these installers takes time and money - Jccool bought a new HDD and now we can use his new installer!

Support Jccool support the OSX86 project.

DoNaTE HeRe!!!

Increase da peace!

:)

Anybody play some x.264 coded video on quicktime lately? I'm getting what looks like 8 bit color. Its not hackintosh related, because my other hack (same mobo, same OS) with nVidia card doesn't do it. Seems specific to radeon x1900, or more? Core video bug?

264compare.gif

Quicktime on the left, VLC on the right.

On my nVidia hackintosh, and quicktime, this DOES NOT happen. So its a X19XX and/or EFI GFX issue. Thoughts?

Hi, today i installed the 10.5.3 version and my video card (radeon x1950) work without qe/ci!

Unbeliveble for me, because when i had 10.5.1 installed it works fine!

I read your experience with jjcool installer but i'm not sure 4 some things.

The 3 IN 1 10.5.3 Installers are this the right file?

when I unpack it, I see 3 different files, do I install every three?

Please give me a quick respnse so I can resolve my problems! Thanks

@nuffio

ONLY INSTALL ONE!

Do you use EFI vanilla kernel or a hacked kernel, if hacked kernel use NON EFI INSTALLER if vanilla and p35 or g33 mobo chipset use EFI P35+G33 if just efi with vanilla kernel use EFI installer

jccool

PS To Everyone:

Jccool

Up front: Thanks jccool and everyone else for all your hard work!

I'm having trouble getting my Sapphire X1950xt (7244) to work with QE/CI. I originally used the kext listed in the HCL, and got native resolution going... but no QE/CI. I tried installing the EFI patch on this thread, which removed my previously working kext (as it should), and System Profiler said it wasn't loading a kext at all - I got high resolution (not my native res, though), but still no QE/CI. I tried the non-EFI installer just in case... no change. Finally I thought I'd try the update to 10.5.3, and follow the instructions for that. Sadly, the update broke my install.

So - I just reinstalled Kalyway 10.5.2 EFI. It overwrote the Vista MBR, so now I have (for all intents and purposes) a pure 10.5.2 EFI install. I ran the EFI patch on this thread, and got back to "no kext loaded". I manually edited ATIRadeonX1000.kext and added my device ID - no change. I still get:

Display:

Kernel Extension Info: No Kext Loaded

Displays:

Display:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Core Image: Software

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Anyone got any suggestions? This should be really easy, and lots of other people on the thread seem to have my exact setup working! I must be missing something stupid....

Specs:

Intel Core2 Duo 2.1

Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3

2GB Corsair RAM

Sapphire ATI X1950XT (7244)

Kalyway 10.5.2 fresh install

UPDATE: I noticed that the output of dmesg includes several "display: family specific matching fails" entries. I also tried loading the modified ATIRADEONX1000.kext by hand, and it loads OK.

SOLVED! I fixed a USB problem I was having, by making sure that my kernel version and system.kext version were the same, as per this thread. Magically, a reboot got my QE/CI working! It may have been the regenerating the kext cache, or it might actually have been the version problem. No idea. But give it a try if you're having the same problem!

NOT-SO SOLVED :) Apparently QE/CI are ok now, but I get artifacts and mousetrails, and I can't change my resolution from 1152x864 no matter what I do! I tried SwitchresX and editing boot.plist by hand. What have I done?

People in this thread seemed to have so much luck with 10.5.3 that I did the Kalyway update. Everything went smoothly, and I installed from jccool's EFI "3 in 1" for 10.5.3... But same results. I have hardware accelleration now, which is great... but I can't set my monitor's native 1440x900 resolution! And I still have tearing with the mouse cursor.... sigh.Any ideas?Just solved it - I gave in and used the non-EFI installer, and everything is fantastic. Full resolution, hardware accellerated goodness. What's the point in having EFI enabled, if I can't use it? sigh.Whatever - the important thing is that it works! Thanks JCCOOL and everyone else!

People in this thread seemed to have so much luck with 10.5.3 that I did the Kalyway update. Everything went smoothly, and I installed from jccool's EFI "3 in 1" for 10.5.3... But same results. I have hardware accelleration now, which is great... but I can't set my monitor's native 1440x900 resolution! And I still have tearing with the mouse cursor.... sigh.Any ideas?Just solved it - I gave in and used the non-EFI installer, and everything is fantastic. Full resolution, hardware accellerated goodness. What's the point in having EFI enabled, if I can't use it? sigh.Whatever - the important thing is that it works! Thanks JCCOOL and everyone else!

The only difference and I mean ONLY difference between efi and non efi is that with efi vga your native res boots up at start up ie: the white apple screen is hi res, the only reason i make multiple installes is because people that have efi (like myself) perefer not using natit/atiinject and instead real efi strings (like me) it wont affect performance

BTW you will always get tearing when your res is not proper,

Jccool

PS To Everyone:

Jccool

Well I upgraded my working 10.5.3 x1900xt (via ol' skool jccool) to the new EFI method. The new 1900XT EFI installer didn't work for me, in that it disabled res change and dual monitor. I solved it with the Jccool 1950 EFI installer. It now lists the card as a 1950, but works perfectly (must have the 7249 dev id somewhere in the modded ati1000.kext?).

Unfortunately, I only installed the EFI version to get the stupid boot screen, and I still don't have it. I suspect that it is because my native resolution is 2560x1600 which requires a dual link connection, and just adding the "Graphics Mode" string isn't enough to make a dual link connection.

Does anyone have a working setup with a 30" panel?

Hi,

I have a sapphire X1950XTX (Id 7240), don't exactly remember what I used, but it works great (dual dvi, quartz, etc...)

Well, everything is working but wake from sleep.

It goes to sleep perfectly but when it wakes up, only part of the screen (upper left, both screens) is showing (rest is black) and flickering.

NB: System is not crashed as I'm able to make a shutdown of the computer via the menu (hopefully it's in the upper left part of the screen).

Any hint on how I could fix that?

Is is graphics drivers or kernel related ?

Btw, system is 10.5.3, P5w dh.

Thanks.

Hi,

I have a sapphire X1950XTX (Id 7240), don't exactly remember what I used, but it works great (dual dvi, quartz, etc...)

Well, everything is working but wake from sleep.

It goes to sleep perfectly but when it wakes up, only part of the screen (upper left, both screens) is showing (rest is black) and flickering.

NB: System is not crashed as I'm able to make a shutdown of the computer via the menu (hopefully it's in the upper left part of the screen).

Any hint on how I could fix that?

Is is graphics drivers or kernel related ?

Btw, system is 10.5.3, P5w dh.

Thanks.

Hi Xhala,

This issue is common and has nothing to do with the ati driver. It has everything to do with AppleSMBios.kext the way most ppl acheive it is by trying diferent ones... There are different ones for different mobo's which is why I dont supply it...

Jccool

PS To Everyone:

I'am asking for everyone who uses the Jccool Method and for all those that want it to stay alive to please make a donation. If 1 in 6 of you who downloaded it donated a dollar, it would cover the whole HDD cost!

Jccool

I am running 10.5.3 and I've got an x1900xtx (0x72491002) and I've tried every driver package available (efi, injector, etc), and the only benefit I get is 1280x1024 instead of 1024x768 as the default resolution, but I don't get any acceleration (no qe/ci/res change) - what should I try from here?