This solution works for me, i got a Sony Vaio VGN-C140F/B with Core 2 Duo 1.66GHz, so i have the realtek high definition audio sound card in windows Xp works excellent, so when i install mac os x 10.4.6HOTiSO didn't work, so i search for almost all the forum to get a solution so i found it, so this solution works for me so let's go:
You must to check this things before you do something:
1. Your codec is the Realtek ALC262 (vendor id=10EC ; device id=0262).
2. The controller chip you will have to look up. Go into Windows' Device Manager. In Device Manager, go to "System devices". Find "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver For High Definition Audio"and get Properties. Then click the Details tab and get the vendor and device ids, you must have this (vendor id=8086, device id=27D8).
3. When you got this information change to mac os x.
4. First, Backup the AppleHDA.kext, in a location wherever you want. You find it on /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext
5. Find the kext AppleAzaliaAudio.kext and edit it:
In Terminal, type:
sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/Info.plist
then search for IOHDAudioCodecVendorID, when you find it
Change <string>0x10ec0880</string> -- to -- <string>0x10ec0262</string>
For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit.
6. In Terminal, type:
sudo pico AppleAzaliaAudio.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AppleAzaliaController.kext/Contents/Info.plist
Search for IOPCIPrimaryMatch.
<string>0xNNNN8086</string> (where NNNN are any 4 characters)
Change <string>0xNNNN8086</string> -- to -- <string>0x27d88086</string>
For exit pico: press Ctrl + O to save and then Ctrl + X to exit
7. Repair Peri¡missions using the disk utility in Utilies in the Finder or typing in terminal: sudo diskutil repairpermissions /
8. In Terminal type: sudo chown -R root:wheel AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
9. In Terminal type: sudo chmod -R 755 AppleAzaliaAudio.kext
10. In Termina type: cd /System/Library
sudo rm -rf Extensions.mkext Extensions.kextcache
11. Then if you do this well, reboot and you have SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!
Of course works for me, please feedback and let me know anything about the solution.
Core 2 Duo T5500 1.66GHz FSB 667MHz
1000 GB HDD
Intel GMA950 (works) (resolution 1280 x 800)
Marvell Yukon Ethernet (works)
Realtek High Definition Audio (works)
Intel Pro Wireless 3945 (didn't work)
USB Ports (works)
Thnx for you guide, but i'm sorry. i have a question:
This work for ALC260 sound card, i think that the two sound cards are the same, but i;m not sure, please help me... i realy need Line In in my pc hackntosh, for use garageband and others