macOS 10.13.2 Update is out

Mork vom Ork

122 posts in this topic

Update went smooth after downloading three times from app store   :wallbash:

I did not remove EmuVariable, I have rc scripts, all i did prior to update was run NvWeb_Patcher to modify NVDARequiresOS to 17C88

Clover 4334 is the winner!

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-12-07 at 8.11.20 pm.png

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2017-12-07 at 8.13.07 pm.png

Got a link for NVWeb_Patcher?

I have good acceleration, but mine thinks it is using the macOS driver XD

Also, how are your drive speeds?

My ssd speeds are either almost the same or extremely low testing with Novabench.

On building 4334, I only see 4330.

Okay, this is my story! Up to 13.1 SU, I have always had graphic acceleration and always with DP 4K connection! From the moment I installed the first 13.2 beta and until the final 13.2, even with the latest Nvidia Web Driver, I can only have black screen. I did not change anything in DSDT or plist config. Although all the updates are done without any errors, something has gone wrong with the graphics or graphics card or the Web Driver...

Next step is to replace the DSDT with an SSDT All and if it does not work, I send my GTX to the trash and buy an AMD...

Try patching the NVDAStartup.kext first like others have done, if that doesn't help and you are seriously going to throw your video card away... I'll be the trash can.

Got a link for NVWeb_Patcher?

I have good acceleration, but mine thinks it is using the macOS driver XD

Also, how are your drive speeds?

My ssd speeds are either almost the same or extremely low testing with Novabench.

Try patching the NVDAStartup.kext first like others have done, if that doesn't help and you are seriously going to throw your video card away... I'll be the trash can.

with your 1050 ti ???

OSX default driver are not for pascal gpu.....

Okay, this is my story! Up to 13.1 SU, I have always had graphic acceleration and always with DP 4K connection! From the moment I installed the first 13.2 beta and until the final 13.2, even with the latest Nvidia Web Driver, I can only have black screen. I did not change anything in DSDT or plist config. Although all the updates are done without any errors, something has gone wrong with the graphics or graphics card or the Web Driver...

Next step is to replace the DSDT with an SSDT All and if it does not work, I send my GTX to the trash and buy an AMD...

in which slot is your gpu?

if the one (first one) near cpu socket i will send to you my ssdt 

with your 1050 ti ???

OSX default driver are not for pascal gpu.....

For some reason after installing the kext MaLd0n posted and rebooting the drivers are working properly as best as I can tell, but it thinks it is using the driver macOS supplies.

I looked at the Info.plist for NVDAStartup.kext and NVDAStartupWeb.kext, in that same order the string for required os is blank for NVDAStartup.kext and correct for NVDAStartupWeb.kext.

If you have acceleration you are using Nvidia web driver and no osx driver in my opinion.

For some reason after installing the kext MaLd0n posted and rebooting the drivers are working properly as best as I can tell, but it thinks it is using the driver macOS supplies.

I looked at the Info.plist for NVDAStartup.kext and NVDAStartupWeb.kext, in that same order the string for required os is blank for NVDAStartup.kext and correct for NVDAStartupWeb.kext.

Updated via macOS update installer downloaded from apple's web site.

This was the first time I've ever encountered an issue installing an update. Upgrading to Clover v4334 and updating Lilu.kext, AppleALC, and Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext were essential.

When I tried updating through Mac App Store, the installer was corrupted. After downloading the macOS 10.13.2 update from Apple directly worked. Not sure why Mac App Store version didn't work for me.

• Like 2

Had some issues with the App Store update for some reason. It booted after update but it was like some frameworks weren't updated correctly meaning Safari, App Store and even Console wouldn't show anything. Installed the Combo via my 10.12 drive and now it's up and running again :D

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 20.47.06.png

• Like 2

This was the first time I've ever encountered an issue installing an update. Upgrading to Clover v4334 and updating Lilu.kext, AppleALC, and Nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext were essential.

When I tried updating through Mac App Store, the installer was corrupted. After downloading the macOS 10.13.2 update from Apple directly worked. Not sure why Mac App Store version didn't work for me.

It happens from time to time, I never use App Store to update the macOS for several reasons:

1. I have several computers and I'd rather to download the update once so I always download the updates directly from Apple's web site.

2. When I download the update installer it's usually the safest way to perform the update (IMHO) if the installer is corrupted I'll know before the installation starts.

3. I keep the installers for future use so I don't have to re-download the update over and over.

I don't use nvidiagraphicsfixup.kext I use the Clover patch but I updated AppleALC, Lilu.kext and FakeSMC.kext along with the Clover itself.

• Like 3

No issue with the App Store update.

​Before I did installed Clover_v2.4k_r4334 , puted the latest Apfs.efi , lilu and watevegreen kexts on esp.

After reboot I did rollback to Clover_v2.4k_r4243 because since Clover_v2.4k_r4297 after trying also Clover_v2.4k_r4318 Intel Power gadget don't show properly my CPU speed.

post-1879825-0-25954800-1512681099_thumb.png

• Like 2

Finally made it working! RX560 with Sleep and HDMI-Audio without Whatevergreen. I modified @Toledo's AMD-HDMI-SSDT and @MorkvomOrks's Controller kext. You have to use newest Clover that support Radeon deinit. Feel free to try!

For me the kext did not work as is, having still the sleep / wake issues - however I used the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and edited the Info.plist to change CFG_FB_LIMIT from 0 to 5 (the number of my card's ports) - and now the sleep/wake issue is resolved. Combined with RadeonDeInit and I'm back on track. 

The other option is to use WhateverGreen and a patch to change the value - but that's a bit more involved. Hopefully Clover will incorporate the patch by default at some point. Attached the modified kext if someone needs it and is too lazy to change the value :)

AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext.zip

For me the kext did not work as is, having still the sleep / wake issues - however I used the AMD9xxxControllerPatcher.kext and edited the Info.plist to change CFG_FB_LIMIT from 0 to 5 (the number of my card's ports) - and now the sleep/wake issue is resolved. Combined with RadeonDeInit and I'm back on track. 

The other option is to use WhateverGreen and a patch to change the value - but that's a bit more involved. Hopefully Clover will incorporate the patch by default at some point. Attached the modified kext if someone needs it and is too lazy to change the value :)

nice what gpu are you using? 

The display would turn off, but system fans kept running. It did not respond when attempting to "wake" it. In fact it never fully went into sleep mode. Only solution was to reboot.

nice i will give it a try i have the exact same card!

before you got it to work what was your pc doing when you try putting it to sleep?

The display would turn off, but system fans kept running. It did not respond when attempting to "wake" it. In fact it never fully went into sleep mode. Only solution was to reboot.

Are you using lilu and whatevergreen?

No, I'm using Clover r4334 with "RadeonDeInit" setting checked in the graphics tab. No WhateverGreen.

I deleted whatever green used radeondeinit

Place the kext you uploaded and placed in s/l/e

Getting same issue with sleep. It just hangs

And I’m using the latest clover you mentioned

Updated via macOS update installer downloaded from apple's web site.

How and where download macOS update installer from Apple's web site?

Thanks

Hi

I update apfs.efi to 10.13.2 version. Is there any way to disable the verbose boot that apfs.efi chucks out before the Clover boot menu. I don't have this issue with previous version (but I delete it)

Thanks

Thanks

Hi

I update apfs.efi to 10.13.2 version. Is there any way to disable the verbose boot that apfs.efi chucks out before the Clover boot menu. I don't have this issue with previous version (but I delete it)

Thanks

The APFS logs could be removed with using CmsVideoDxe.efi or you can use the log free versions of the APFS.efi

I'm not sure if it works with the latest version of the APFS.efi but it's worth to try

look here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/327584-apfsefi-without-verbose-boot/page-3?hl=apfs

• Like 2

The APFS logs could be removed with using CmsVideoDxe.efi or you can use the log free versions of the APFS.efi

I'm not sure if it works with the latest version of the APFS.efi but it'w worth to try

look here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/327584-apfsefi-without-verbose-boot/page-3?hl=apfs

CmsVideoDxe.ef is already installed on my system. I will try mod apfs.efi

Thanks

Edit: work very well with perl patch

CmsVideoDxe.ef is already installed on my system. I will try mod apfs.efi

Thanks

Edit: work very well with perl patch

Usually short after when apple pushes the updates in App Store they will add the full installer in their support/download page you can find the updates there

https://support.apple.com/en_US/downloads/macos

I always download the Combo update and then install it on my Macs and Hacks.

• Like 1