ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  • Interests:computer science, programming, hardware, software developing

POPULAR

Hi guys, this thread is to show you a new and open source app, created by me, that I called TINU:

The name means: TINU Is Not #####, the U refers to a popular software that is used to create Mac OS hackintosh installers (that for good reasons is banned on this forum), but the aim of the name is to explain that this app is a totally different thing from that software and works in a totally different way.

This app basically is a graphical interface for the createinstallmedia executable that is inside the Mac OS installer apps, it is capable to create a Mac OS installer on a drive completely vanilla like what you do using the command line method, and also this method is recommended by apple itself.

Allows you to create easily a macOS install media without messing around with command line stuff and without using disk utility, all you need to do is use the app and then install clover on the usb drive once TINU has finished or leave it as is you want to use it on a Mac.

Features:

- Simple to use UI that allows you to easily start the macOS install media creation process
  - It can work with every Mac OS installer app that has the createinstallmedia executable inside of it's resources folder (including also beta and newly released installers)
  - You can use any drive or partition you want that can be erased and is at least 7 GB of size
  - Works on Mac OS recovery, so you can create a macOS install media from a bootable macOS installer or from the macOs recovery
  - All vanilla, the macOS install medias created with this tool are 100% vanilla, just like you created them using the command line "createinstallmedia" method
  - Open source, you will know what this program does on your computer and also you can create your own version by downloading and playing with the source code
  - Does not requires to do anything of special first, just open the program
  - No need to go in disk utility first, TINU can format your drive for you
  - Uses recent and more modern APIs and SDKs and Swift 3 language
  - Transparent graphics style available (use alt + s on the keyboard or View->Use transparent style)
  - Works using the latest versions of macOS and will also support newer Mac installers out of the box without needing for an update

Features that I'd like to add in the future:
   - Advanced section, to customize your macOS install media
  - Installer customization: Kernelcache/prelinkedknerel and boot files replacement (a feature that can be handy while dealing with old Macs or with beta installers when you need to mod or change the boot files some times)
  - Install clover and configure clover
  - Install kexts inside the kexts folder of clover
  - Clover drivers customization
  - Use custom dsdt in clover
  - integrated pre-made clover config templates database from a remote and open repository
  - Support for other languages, at least Italian

Rquirements:
 - A computer that runs Mac OS X Yosemite or a more recent version (Mac OS X El Capitan is required to use TINU in a macOS recovery or installer)
 - A drive or a free partition of at least 7 GB that you want to turn into a macOS/Mac OS X installer
 - A copy of a macOS/Mac OS X installer app (Maveriks or newer versions are supported) in the /Applications folder or in the root of any storage drive in your machine (excepted the drive or volume you want to turn into your macOS install media)

Note that this app is under the GNU GPL v3 license so any reuse of the source code must follow the license's terms

Download available here:

Source code: 

Frequently asked questions about TINU:

I leave also some screenshots as well

Attached Files

ricoc90

ricoc90

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 666 posts

-integrated pre-made clover config tamplets database

I think that will be quite hard for the end-user, because of the {censored}load on different system configurations.

Other than that it looks pretty interesting  :yes:

As of the language: I'd be happy to provide you a Dutch translation by time

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

I think that will be quite hard for the end-user, because of the {censored}load on different system configurations.

for that I can simply get a folders with the config.plist collection into the app resources folder, for langue I speak only English and Italian, so that is what I can do by my own, but when I implement support to other languages I can add more easily different languages

WaldMeister

WaldMeister

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,945 posts

The description makes it look like a clone of Pandora before it was released, thumbs up or this one.

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

The description makes it look like a clone of Pandora before it was released, thumbs up or this one.

yes, but there are some things i don't like in pandora, mainly i don't think that it's design is good, i learned how to develops apps from a special academy of apple and i learned their design philosophy.

And i came up to create my own app that does the same thing but using a more clear and simple design inspired by what i learned at apple and also i am using some of the latest technologies in the sdk with support to all the latest OSes.

I am creating this app also as a personal coding challenge because i believe that i can make something better than that {censored} of the {censored} Tonymacx86

Edited by ITzTravelInTime, 09 September 2017 - 01:20 PM.
Indeed, we do not support the tonymac's tools, but always remain respectuous, so please do the same for you. Thank you.

WaldMeister

WaldMeister

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,945 posts

First version of pandora was all bash, it was great. I reckon you aim at v2 and up. Was not to fond of it since v1 just worked, no fancy stuff.

Great what you are doing, and the forum has some good coders to fight the beast :D

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

First version of pandora was all bash, it was great. I reckon you aim at v2 and up. Was not to fond of it since v1 just worked, no ancy stuff.

i am talking abut pandora 2 and 3 and also i think that you can have the best command line tool in the world, but for the general user propose of those tools a well made ui is way better from their point of view, while creating this tool we have to thing abut something that works well and that the noob user can understand easily, because apple is focused to create also products for everyone even the most noob of them, but i agree with you, the command line pandora just works well, but i decided to create my own solution from zero, just because i like to have the full control of it

WaldMeister

WaldMeister

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,945 posts

Well spoken and thanks for clarifying. I wish you the best of luck with this project. 

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

thank you for your support

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

i am posting just to tell you that the version that you will receive will look different from the preview screenshots

ricoc90

ricoc90

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 666 posts

I am replying just to tell you that maybe you should update the screenshots then  :P

PoisonApple666

PoisonApple666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 182 posts

this looks interesting...i'd like to give it a try.

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Yes, but when I release to you the finished version, now it's in testing with mine closed group of testers

I am also working with some friends at European ios developer academy here in Naples, Italy to improve the design and the functionality of the app and also I need to change the license I am using to release the app, I will work very hard to get to you a finished build to start using it

Gigamaxx

Gigamaxx

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 943 posts

This will be nice, especially for beta software versions and kernel testing.

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

Small announcement, TINU will also be able to format for you the drive you selected, so no need to go in disk utility first, and also it's receiving a lot of changes for the Ui thanks to a designer that is giving me some help (just of you are asking UI design is not about make something to look fancy or to look cool, the UI design is to make the interface of a software usable and understandable for the final user, so that's why i am not using special art or graphics or ui, the goal of my app is to work well and be simple and easy to use, without strange and unnecessary things or graphics, just what you need to easily complete the task)

• Api likes this

JuniorGump

JuniorGump

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

for that I can simply get a folders with the config.plist collection into the app resources folder, for langue I speak only English and Italian, so that is what I can do by my own, but when I implement support to other languages I can add more easily different languages

I can provide the translation for PT-BR.  ^_^

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

I can provide the translation for PT-BR.  ^_^

ok, cool, probably for the multi language stuff i will do it when i have inserted into the app almost all the features i want to add, so when i have the UI almost finished that will not change too much in other updates

PoisonApple666

PoisonApple666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 182 posts

any update on this?

ITzTravelInTime

ITzTravelInTime

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts

any update on this?

The public version is almost ready, I am waiting for the designer to review it, but in the meanwhile I have updated the screenshots, so you can see how the final version will look like

PoisonApple666

PoisonApple666

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 182 posts

Thanx for the update...the new screen shots look great.

R.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mac, app, tinu, installer, creator, usb, bootable, vanilla, createinstallmedia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy