Ryzen Clover Installation Guide macOS Sierra

Gigamaxx

1,334 posts in this topic

You can try to make a USB installer but it will be quicker and easier to load Sierra on a disk and do the disk edit method.    For the USB installer anything after Sierra 12.5 stopped working for the installer method.    However this was with the 12.4 kernel now we have a 12.6 kernel which might work as an installer.    

Can you load Sierra onto a disk using a working Mac or Hack?    This is the easiest method.

Here is the latest 12.6 kernel package.    Just use the kernel and System kext and run kexts wizard before booting.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=262066

I loaded 10.12.5 on a stick from my Macbook Pro and it's booting i can see the Apple logo but it freezes at about 2% of the loading bar. Are there any settings that i need to do on the bios side?

I loaded 10.12.5 on a stick from my Macbook Pro and it's booting i can see the Apple logo but it freezes at about 2% of the loading bar. Are there any settings that i need to do on the bios side?

what mobo do you have??

on clover make sure you have your 

npci and busratio setting

also your graphic card settigs 

what mobo do you have??

on clover make sure you have your 

npci and busratio setting

also your graphic card settigs 

I have Krait x370 from MSI, how do i do npci and busratio settings ?

My video card is Radeon 7950

Thanks

I have Krait x370 from MSI, how do i do npci and busratio settings ?

My video card is Radeon 7950

Thanks

Try downloading my efi that I posted a few post back and use that one.

My MSI cpu clock is 3.0 so

ncpi=0x3000 busratio=30

For your graphics card 

Your fb is Hamachi

Oob yes

0x679A

This means that your graphics card will work out of box

You can make theses changes in clover try to boot without selecting any graphic settings in clover

t set your cpu to 3.0 (stock for me)

try this efi (back up yours) just in case

i set it to verbouse mode in case you get an error you can remove later 

EFI.zip

Try downloading my efi that I posted a few post back and use that one.

My MSI cpu clock is 3.0 so

ncpi=0x3000 busratio=30

For your graphics card 

Your fb is Hamachi

Oob yes

0x679A

This means that your graphics card will work out of box

You can make theses changes in clover try to boot without selecting any graphic settings in clover

t set your cpu to 3.0 (stock for me)

try this efi (back up yours) just in case

i set it to verbouse mode in case you get an error you can remove later 

I managed to load the EFI and it's stuck in a loop trying to do something here is a screenshot, never boots

https://imgur.com/a/MqeY5

Anyone knows how to load Sierra on a hdd (bootable) from High Sierra and then patch it?

If you make a usb bootable for intel. Install on intel machine then do disk edits and add clover the put hard drive on ryzen it would be much easier.

If you make a usb bootable for intel. Install on intel machine then do disk edits and add clover the put hard drive on ryzen it would be much easier.

Can i make the thumb on my Macbook pro and then boot from it and install Sierra on external hdd?

Can i make the thumb on my Macbook pro and then boot from it and install Sierra on external hdd?

I think you can do it from the application. Click on the installer and you can install to your external hd(you wouldn’t need usb installer)

How is the same process but different files? Do you guys have any link for High Sierra install?

You just need to install mac Sierra high on a hard drive. Once that is complete with your mac do disk edits for ryzen and add clover and that's it

You need

prelinkedkernel.zip. (http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=263998)

Use the efi I sent you

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=267061

(I use Pandora for mac to mount efi )

And download Sierra kernel for ryzen (Bronya Kernel HS 10.13 for Ryzen testing)

http://www.insanelym...-1?do=findComment&comment=2466908

In kernel 10.3 you'll see

Extension

Frameworks

Kernals

That's all the files you need

Paths for your hard drive

System/library/extension

System/library/frameworks

System/library/kernels

System/library/prekernals

Next, open the "System" folder on installer and then "Library" scroll to "Extrensions" folder and open. Drag the Extensions files from 10.13 kernal folder to hard drive Extensions folder tab. Choose replace option. Close Extensions folder tab when done.

Open frameworks folder on hard drive and go to 10.13 kernel files and drag Frameworks files one at a tine to Frameworks folder tab. you should get replace or Merge option. Choose Merge option. Close folder tab when done.

Scroll to Kernel folder on hard drive and open kernel from 10.3 kernel and replace

Next, scroll to PreLinked Kernel folder and replace in same manner as above.

@Gigamaxx can I use a rx 470 and 480 together for my hackintosh ? Would I have to do anything special to get it running?!

They should be compatible, just put the 470 in lower slot. I think I ran my 460 and 480 together which was tricky because the IDs clash. 470 and 480 IDs are the same.

How is the same process but different files? Do you guys have any link for High Sierra install?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/328834-a-note-about-support-questions/?do=findComment&comment=2521414

Hey Gigamaxx,

First of all, thanks for all your work on Ryzen OS X.  I'm posting here because I've seen your marvelous geek bench scores on your 1700 based system and I had some questions.  I've got my system fully up and running, it's an R7 1700 @ 3.6GHz with 16GB DDR4 running at 3200MHz on an MSI B350 PC MATE with a GTX 660.  Everything runs quite smoothly, but I can't seem to get close to your benchmark scores.  Is there anything in particular you would recommend for getting the most out of a Ryzen hackintosh system speed wise?  I realize it's kind of a vague question, but I'm having trouble getting even over 4500 on the single core score and seeing your 8548 score makes me jealous.  Thoughts?

Hey Gigamaxx,

First of all, thanks for all your work on Ryzen OS X.  I'm posting here because I've seen your marvelous geek bench scores on your 1700 based system and I had some questions.  I've got my system fully up and running, it's an R7 1700 @ 3.6GHz with 16GB DDR4 running at 3200MHz on an MSI B350 PC MATE with a GTX 660.  Everything runs quite smoothly, but I can't seem to get close to your benchmark scores.  Is there anything in particular you would recommend for getting the most out of a Ryzen hackintosh system speed wise?  I realize it's kind of a vague question, but I'm having trouble getting even over 4500 on the single core score and seeing your 8548 score makes me jealous.  Thoughts?

i think your overthinking things

4166 22974

thats my score ma

i think what happed is that the machine was not provided correct benchmarks but the score of 4000 is normal for our machines 

i think your overthinking things

4166 22974

thats my score ma

i think what happed is that the machine was not provided correct benchmarks but the score of 4000 is normal for our machines 

Ah, yea thanks.  I was referring to this result:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/4400457

I'm aware that benchmark results can vary wildly depending on a number of factors, it just seemed odd to me that he has a number of results in the 5000 - 8000 range.  Cheers!

Ah, yea thanks.  I was referring to this result:

https://browser.geekbench.com/v4/cpu/4400457

I'm aware that benchmark results can vary wildly depending on a number of factors, it just seemed odd to me that he has a number of results in the 5000 - 8000 range.  Cheers!

In High Sierra I was playing with busratio. My bios CPU setting was 3.0GHz but I set busratio=60 I was able to go up to 10GHz simulated busratio and scored a vega compute of 470,000 points more than double the score of a TitanXp which is impossible. I asked others to try it but nobody replicated it.

Boot arg. Npci=0x3000 busratio=60 give it a try but do so at own risk.

My normal Geekbench single core score is between 4000-4300 depending on real CPU frequency settings.

In High Sierra I was playing with busratio. My bios CPU setting was 3.0GHz but I set busratio=60 I was able to go up to 10GHz simulated busratio and scored a vega compute of 470,000 points more than double the score of a TitanXp which is impossible. I asked others to try it but nobody replicated it.

Boot arg. Npci=0x3000 busratio=60 give it a try but do so at own risk.

My normal Geekbench single core score is between 4000-4300 depending on real CPU frequency settings.

Oooh, neat!  Maybe I'll try that, it's got to be messing with the low level math that those benchmarks use.  Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I managed to update to High Sierra but have some issues.

1. USB info in System Profiler shows "no information available"
  2. I bought the Orico 403 which according to the specs uses the CSR8510 which should just work, but is not detected.

I managed to update to High Sierra but have some issues.

• USB info in System Profiler shows "no information available"
  • I bought the Orico 403 which according to the specs uses the CSR8510 which should just work, but is not detected.
[/quote

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/325514-amd-high-sierra-kernel-release-and-testing/page-24

These is a usb script fix check the thread