470 posts in this topic

Update to Mojave tonight. 

Everything works except AppleALC and sleep (reboot after sleep). =/

upd. sound works after change layout

upd2. everything works with clover 4531 and updated Lilu, AppleAlC (sound, sleep ...)

Edited by dreamwork

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2018 at 11:10 PM, SavageAUS said:

Has anyone tried this board with 2 x nvme m.2. I would like the speed boost as opposed to a standard ssd.

Yes. Quite nice, quite speedy. Only catch is that it'll take up all your lanes, like Cyberdevs said, which limits the amount of other drives you can use.

Yes. Quite nice, quite speedy. Only catch is that it'll take up all your lanes, like Cyberdevs said, which limits the amount of other drives you can use.
As long as i could run 2 x nvme and 2 x ssd that wouod be plenty for me.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

As long as i could run 2 x nvme and 2 x ssd that wouod be plenty for me.

Just a friendly reminder, booting macOS from a NVMe drive takes longer than a SATA SSD but one the macOS is loaded the performance is better.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, thanks. Then I'll skip High Sierra and install it on another SSD once nvidia drivers are available.
High Sierra is at 10.13.6 now and very stable for me. But yeah Mojave release should be good once nvidia release drivers. Maybe even the ones from 10.13.6 will work, I haven't tested yet.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

has been awhile that i have been following the thread. 

My 10.12.6 system has been working fine gaming 7 board instead of 5. and using 1080ti. 

Is it safe to do updates from app store or will it mess things up. Might try to do a 10.13.6 new install on another ssd since i heard its stable.

thanks for this thread

1 hour ago, nitty917 said:

has been awhile that i have been following the thread. 

My 10.12.6 system has been working fine gaming 7 board instead of 5. and using 1080ti. 

Is it safe to do updates from app store or will it mess things up. Might try to do a 10.13.6 new install on another ssd since i heard its stable.

thanks for this thread

I'm glad that you've found this thread helpful :)

A long while ago I attempted to update Sierra to High Sierra with success, but there are few pointers that you might find useful:

1. Always make a backup of your data before attempting to update any version of macOS just in case

2. Make sure you have the latest Clover and the most updated kexts installed.

3. Backup your existing EFI folder and keep it on a USB disk

4. You might need to make some adjustments to your EFI folder to have the best experience with High Sierra.

A lot has changed in both macOS High Sierra and the Clover so make sure you know all the facts before performing the update.

If you need more information feel free to ask.

• 2 weeks later...

I did update of clover and it I got black screen on boot. So I explore it more and it seem that during update of clover deleted OsxAptioFix2Drv-64. So I had to copy it from backup.

And then I reinstall clover with AptionMemoryFix-64 instead of OsxAptioFix2Drv-64 and added ApfsDriverLoader-64 (you have to delete apfs.efi)

Everything is now ok.

Edited by radek

On 7/19/2018 at 11:44 PM, Cyberdevs said:

3. Backup your existing EFI folder and keep it on a USB disk

I just find out there is also backup folder EFI-backups on Mackintosh HD, where clover does backup every time you install new version. Its done only during update, so it does not have to be current configuration, but should be enough to get MacOS to boot.

So small file changes you can do in EFI shell (which is accessible during boot):

• PgUp, PgDw - for page scrolling
  • on first page you can see what drives you have FSx (X is number) and you change drive - FSx:
  • for example on my machine was FS0 - EFI and FS2 - Mackintosh HD
  • use classic commands ls, cd, cp

source

• 1 month later...

hey guys, my system using this guide has been working great for awhile now on 10.12.6. now when i select the Boot macOS screen it won't boot into my os anymore just dark screen now. I can only get to to screen where i need to reinstall OSX. 

**seemed to get it to boot, selected verbose on options, screen flickered on startup, had to select my nvidia driver and restart** 

thanks for this thread

Edited by nitty917
fixed
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Did anyone upgrade to Mojave yet on this board? My main system is on sierra still but I have a 2nd ssd which is on high sierra right now. I'd upgrade to mojave on the 2nd disk to test if it is running welll with my audio production tool. 

I tried to install it, but when I launched the installer from USB I got a crossed out circle instead of a apple logo.

I basically extracted the installer from the app store via terminal command to usb, installed clover on there and replaced the EFI folder on it with the one from the ssd. And copied kexts to the 10.14 folder of course. 

Yes macOS Mojave runs pretty well on this board, I have tested all the DP and Beta versions and recently I just upgraded my High Sierra to Mojave without any issues.

You have to update all the kext that you are using to their latest version, update the apps.efi or install ApfsDriverLoader.efi and AppleImageLoader.efi with the latest clover installer.

If the audio stops working on audio layout-id=1 you can change it to layout-id=2.

In macOS Mojave there's an issue regarding the Quick Look and Preview that you can read all about how to fix it here:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334881-how-to-fix-quick-look-and-preview-issues-in-mojave/

If you encounter any issues I'm here to help out.

Just make sure that you backup all your important data before performing the upgrade just in case.

maybe that's the problem, luckily my iMessage was working ok from the beginning, I had it on El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra and now Mojave.

Can you post your EFI folder please? I think I will try a clean install of the new OS next week when I get home as I have a graphics issue with the Intel integrated GPU ever since I upgraded Clover.

1 hour ago, f00b4r said:

Can you post your EFI folder please? I think I will try a clean install of the new OS next week when I get home as I have a graphics issue with the Intel integrated GPU ever since I upgraded Clover.

Sure, I will post my latest working EFI folder in couple of days, I'm on a trip and I don't have access to my SkyLake rig right now.

5 minutes ago, f00b4r said:

Cheers.
I'm out the the country for a few days but will try it when I get back, do you know if anything needs adding/removing for using the 530 IGPU only?

No the config.plist is already set for Intel HD 530

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Great. Thank you. After I create the new Serial, MLB etc and save the config, do I have to replace or merge the EFI Folder on the Boot Stick with yours?

You can replace your EFI with mine but you might need to add your own DSDT/SSDT files, or just replace the config.plist, kexts and the drivers if you like.

Just make sure you backup your own EFI before replacing it.

You can detach other hard disk and only keep your Mojave SSD, boot with the installer and erase the SSD and do a clean install. If that works out then there might be an issue with having multiple hard disks attached (I did the upgrade with multiple hard disks attached without any issues though)

Then once the macOS is installed correctly attach the hard disk and use the macOS's Migration Assistant to copy your existing user and apps demo macOS Sierra.