470 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, dreamwork said:

Using OpenCore since 0.1 version. Now it just works. ;) Updates, Sleep, USB and everything else. Sometimes i forgot that it's a hack, not mac ˆ)

Can you please upload your OpenCore EFI? Remove the serial number and private stuff of course.

• 2 months later...

could anyone give me a hand my 10.12.6 system has been working well with audio, using a pc speaker system. it has been working fine with the rear headphone jack. not sure why it stopped working.  I have almost the same similar hardware in this install. 

updated clover, and kext with clover configurator. now it just boots to grey clover screen with no option to boot into OS. Did i mess it up?

Edited by nitty917

3 hours ago, nitty917 said:

could anyone give me a hand my 10.12.6 system has been working well with audio, using a pc speaker system. it has been working fine with the rear headphone jack. not sure why it stopped working.  I have almost the same similar hardware in this install. 

updated clover, and kext with clover configurator. now it just boots to grey clover screen with no option to boot into OS. Did i mess it up?

The EFI folder I attached to the first post should work fine for booting into macOS Sierra. give them a try.

31 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

@nitty917

Make sure that HFSPlus.efi or the VboxHfs.efi are available inside the drivers folder and beware of the changed in the drivers folder structure inside EFI folder in new Clover revisions.

thank you for the reply. i am unable to access it now unfortunately. it just boots into clover screen with no boot option as before i updated. do i need to boot from usb

1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

The EFI folder I attached to the first post should work fine for booting into macOS Sierra. give them a try.

the high sierra folder? 

i do not see the sierra one anymore.

5 minutes ago, nitty917 said:

thank you for the reply. i am unable to access it now unfortunately. it just boots into clover screen with no boot option as before i updated. do i need to boot from usb

the high sierra folder? 

i do not see the sierra one anymore.

You're welcome.

The EFI folder for Sierra

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=242040

Yes you need to put the EFI folder on a USB disk and boot from the USB and once you're back into macOS you can replace your HDD/SSD's clover with that one.

You can also use the High Sierra EFI folder to boot into macOS too (I guess)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cyberdevs said:

You're welcome.

https://www.insanelymac.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=242040

Yes you need to put the EFI folder on a USB disk and boot from the USB and once you're back into macOS you can replace your HDD/SSD's clover with that one.

thank you. just downloaded.

do i need to put the sierra installer back on the usb also for it able to boot back into macOS?

1 minute ago, nitty917 said:

thank you. just downloaded.

do i need to put the sierra installer back on the usb also for it able to boot back into macOS?

Good,

You can put it on any USB Disk and boot from it it shouldn't necessarily need to be the installer, just has to be GUID HFS formatted disk.

• Like 1

Just now, Cyberdevs said:

Good,

You can put it on any USB Disk and boot from it it shouldn't necessarily need to be the installer, just has to be GUID HFS formatted disk.

thank you so much for this thread and your patience with my questions. i will put the EFI on the usb and try booting into it. I will get back to this thread. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nitty917 said:

thank you so much for this thread and your patience with my questions. i will put the EFI on the usb and try booting into it. I will get back to this thread. 

You're welcome this thread is the result of a team effort and I'm glad that you have found it useful and I do hope that you get your system up and running again :)

I'll be here if you need any more assistance.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

You're welcome.

Cyber, 

I think i misunderstood your instructions, its been a few months away from hackintosh scene. When you say i need to put it on usb drive, and boot it. do i need to change in bios to boot from usb? I didnt pick up my usb otherwise when it went to clover screen. I believe i did it incorrect by just dragging the EFI onto the USB drive. Should I be installing the clover bootloader like the pdf instructions. 

just seeing the bottom row of options on clover. dont see any boot options

also would me making a high sierra usb installer to upgrade fix this issue. or will it just wipe out my prior OS and would be fresh install

Edited by nitty917

You can use F12 key on the keyboard to use the boot up menu to select a temporary boot option. You don't need to actually change the boot order in the BIOS.

once the system is turned on and when you see the Gigabyte logo press F12 key and you'll see the list of bootable devices and then select the USB Disk the you've already put the EFI folder on and the clover will boot from there and you should be able to boot into macOS Sierra from your HDD/SSD.

If you successfully booted into macOS the you can upgrade your Sierra to High Sierra or you can directly upgrade it from High Sierra Installer USB disk.

The Clover EFI folder should be copied inside the EFI Partition on the USB Disk not in the root partition of the USB Disk.

I hope I explained it more clearly.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

You can use F12 key on the keyboard to use the boot up menu to select a temporary boot option. You don't need to actually change the boot order in the BIOS.

once the system is turned on and when you see the Gigabyte logo press F12 key and you'll see the list of bootable devices and then select the USB Disk the you've already put the EFI folder on and the clover will boot from there and you should be able to boot into macOS Sierra from your HDD/SSD.

If you successfully booted into macOS the you can upgrade your Sierra to High Sierra or you can directly upgrade it from High Sierra Installer USB disk.

The Clover EFI folder should be copied inside the EFI Partition on the USB Disk not in the root partition of the USB Disk.

I hope I explained it more clearly.

I reformatted USB flash , mac os journaled , guid partition map. copied the EFI folder from the sierra link from first page. changed to boot from USB to option 1.

it goes to clover but only has the bottom row of options, dont see any of the boot os or boot recovery option like before. 

thank you. Im not sure if i am doing it correctly

Screen Shot 2020-04-18 at 10.22.57 PM.png

Edited by nitty917

3 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

That's because you copied it into the root of the USB Disk, use the ESP Mounter Pro to mount the EFI partition on the USB Disk and put the EFI (Clover) folder inside it and then reboot and use F12 key to select the USB Disk to boot from.

Reveal hidden contents

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 9.59.15 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.01.28 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-19 at 10.01.47 AM.png

ok that makes sense, i will give that a try. 

thank you for your patience!

Just now, nitty917 said:

trying the ESP mounter and getting mount failed.

is there another way i can do it

That's weird :wacko:

You can use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition or you can user terminal and use "Diskutil list" command to (without quotes) to list the disks and partitions and the use "Diskutil mount disksXsX" to mount the EFI partition on the disk. replace the X with numbers of the disk.

if that failed again reformat the USB Disk.

Just now, Cyberdevs said:

You can use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition or you can user terminal and use "Diskutil list" command to (without quotes) to list the disks and partitions and the use "Diskutil mount disksXsX" to mount the EFI partition on the disk. replace the X with numbers of the disk.

ok i was able to search and use the terminal commands and it mounted and i dragged the EFI folder on there and ejected. Crossing fingers this works.

Thank you. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

thank you! it worked! I will continue tomorrow but I am able to get back into the OS. 

Now i will need to replace the clover folder on the EFI on my OS hard drive correct? 

As for audio, i will try different speakers, but i tried using an external pc sub surround speaker. i can here some light audio but unable 

to increase volume. I will follow up tomorrow

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

just following up, i was able to fix my issues thanks to you. used the clover folder (sierra) from first post . replaced it on my hard drive EFI and it was able to boot. 

Audio is also working now. 

Thank you again.

Edited by nitty917

2 hours ago, nitty917 said:

just following up, i was able to fix my issues thanks to you. used the clover folder (sierra) from first post . replaced it on my hard drive EFI and it was able to boot. 

Audio is also working now. 

Thank you again.

That's great, you're welcome

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

HI, want to share my updated EFI folder for OpenCore 0.5.8 release.

All you need is to change this values in OC/config.plist:

delete "agdpmod=pikera" if you are not using RX 5700 XT or other Navi graphics:

299140493_ScreenShot2020-05-05at03_22_08.thumb.png.71849abd399dcc3b025f6155e3dfd1a0.png

Generate new values:

1494624446_ScreenShot2020-05-05at03_21_57.thumb.png.6f7f7def92bddc5ff30a0cf28a448eb5.png

EFI.zip

• Like 1