470 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

So, after Mojave install was finished and booting fine, I reattached my main SSD with Sierra on it, booted into that and now I have no network connectity in there any longer. :( How do I fix that now? I didn't change anything in that EFI Folder.

Are you positive that you booted from the correct EFI for macOS Mojave? you can use the same folder for Sierra and Mojave, just update the kexts.

37 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Damn, I messed up my Sierra install by installing the latest security update. Now it doesn't boot again. I trief safe mode, vesa for graphics and it just crashes. This drives me nuts. What can I do?

The last security update shouldn't mess anything up.

Can you boot into Mojave? or use Mojave's Clover to boot into Sierra?

7 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I can boot into Sierra now using Mojaves Clover but now grafics don't really work. Sometimes the do, sometimes don't (I use vesa bootflag at the moment). Now, Mojave no longer boots which I don't care about really, because this was a test. When I remove the mojave disk, the sierra disk does not boot.

I would just overwrite the Sierra EFI with the Mojave EFI but in order for my iLok audio plugin activations to be accessible (to activate/deavtivate) I need to have the System to have the same ID as before (RT Varibles, SMBIOS, System info). Otherwise it would register as a new machine and I'd lose activations.

Can I duplicate the mojave plist and just paste the old RT Variables and System Info from the Sierra config.plist into that and save it as the new config.plist for sierra? Then I could overwrite the Sierra EFI Folder and drop in the new config with the old system ID. Or is that a bad idea?

I think all you need to do is to update the clover and the kexts on your Sierra's EFI folder. There's no need to change the config.plist use the same as you did with Sierra.

If you need to update the config.plist just keep the Serial Number, Board Serial Number, MLB and other specific numbers that you use on your Sierra.

Replace the following folder's from Mojave in your Sierra's folder:

/EFI/Clover/DriversUEFI64

/EFI/Clover/Kexts

/EFI/Boot

/EFI/Clover/CLOVERX64.efi

Make sure that you backup your existing EFI folder just in case.

37 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Replacing the Drivers and kexts in the Sierra EFI did not work. So I ended up Replacing it with the Mojave EFI Folder and a modified version of the Config with the Old System Info (RT Vars, SMBIOS, etc).

That worked and I can now boot into Sierra (even faster than before) and into Mojave from the Sierra Drive. But the iLok Licenser still recognizes it as a new machine, so I had to contact the plugi vendors to have them reset the old activations.

Thanks a lot for your help (again and again). :thumbsup_anim:

You're welcome, I'm glad that it worked out :)

4 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Sorry to bother you again, but I just now realized that USB 3 is now no loger working in Sierra. "USBInject" all is present and theres also an Entry in the KextsToPach List in Clover Configirator:

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI Find: 837D880F 0F83A704 0000 Replace: 837D880F 90909090 9090

This should work.

This is the 10.13.6 USB port limit patch.

Are you using 10.13.6? because this patch only works on 10.13.6

For macOS Sierra use this:

com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCIPCI

83BD74FF FFFF10

83BD74FF FFFF1B

Change 15 port limit

10.12.x

Edited by Cyberdevs

18 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I have a question concerning the GUI section of Clover Configurator. I am trying to hide every partition from the Bootmenu that does not start OSX or Windows. Now, the hide volume function is working fine for the mac partitions like Preboot and Recovery, but for windows not so much.

I understand that I can tell clover to only display custom entries only and I know that I have to assign these with the proper Disk UUIDs in order to make them work. Because although I created custom entries, all the other windows entries are still visible on boot.  So which options do I have to enable/disable in the Scan section to make it work?

I've searched the web but didn't find a good tutorial yet

Take a look at this post it might help you:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/326494-how-to-make-clover-default-bootloader-after-installing-windows-on-uefi/?do=findComment&comment=2485555

3 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Mojave is playing dirty if it cannot go online to verify apps you install!

So, the first thing I always do when I setup a new System is installing Little snitch, then I disable Gatekeeper and DMG Verification. Then I install my apps and everything is fine. Usuallly…

But in Mojave, even though gatekeeper is disabled the system wants to verify instatalled apps online first. And since I told Little Snitch "No, you don't go online to verify my apps you little peasant!", system Replies, "I think this app is broken, shall I move it to the trash bin for you" in other words it's telling me "Okay a**hole, if you don't let me go online to check thiss s*** you can't use it – go ef yourself". ;)

Did I miss something about the gatekeeper or is there some terminal wizardry I have to do to bypass this block?

There are new security features in Mojave and even if you disable the Gatekeeper you'll be prompted with the same alerts and windows. You need to right click on many DMG files or apps and then select Open as if Gatekeeper is still enabled.

Until we know more about these security changes and how to disable them, this is how to use them on Mojave at least for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/22/2018 at 12:55 AM, SavageAUS said:

Same steps just update kexts and clover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I update my cover using last configurations from main post.

and press to update in App Store. 
It don't work. to update to Mojave ( installer refuse to continue).
error.thumb.jpeg.65e9c014e24676cdf98e8b570686053e.jpeg
What I do wrong ?  

Edited by novasdream

12 hours ago, novasdream said:

I update my cover using last configurations from main post.

and press to update in App Store. 
It don't work. to update to Mojave ( installer refuse to continue).
error.thumb.jpeg.65e9c014e24676cdf98e8b570686053e.jpeg
What I do wrong ?  

Try downloading the update / installer again.

Make sure kexts are up to date.

Make sure smbios information is up to date.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
looking to go from my working system 10.12.6 to High Sierra. Is it difficult to upgrade?  I have a current 1080 ti nvidia card thats working 

fine. 

Just make sure you update kexts and clover and should be good to go. It’s Mojave that doesn’t have nvidia drivers yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

So, I finally managed to upgrade to Mojave from 10.14 to 10.14.3 which took some time. I had to update to 10.14.2 first. That didn't work at first. I had to change language to english, then reboot twice from the update partition with NVDISABLE=1. The first time it always crashed durin the progress dialog. When updating to 10.14.3 it was the same: change language to english, reboot from update partition (twice) and then it worked.

The funny thing is: with 10.14. my GPU worked with disabled metal, now it doesn't any longer. Is Apple holding back Nvidia from relesing the drivers for Mojave???

Is there an alternative GPU you would recommend? I don't need it for gaming. Just producing Music and Sounddesign with occasional video editing (cutting and putting audio into it).

There are plenty of articles and rumors regarding the issues and lack of support for nVidia GPUs from Apple and most likely there won't be any update in that regard any time soon so your best bet is to go either with the nVidia GPUs that have native support in macOS which support metal or go for AMD GPUs which are fully compatible with mcOS like R9 Series or RX Series, the chipset version of the RX series is the RX 560 with 2 or 4 GB but if you need to edit videos in 4K resolution I suggest the 4GB RX 560 or better yet the RX 570.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello,

Is the kext utility still necessary in 2019, 
can kexts be downloaded through the Clover configurator?
I have a High Sierra 10.13.5 install file,

Z170X Gaming 5,

AMD Radion 580,
i7 6700k, skylake

I have tried so many installs, and various bios settings.
But cannot fix the finder video preview problem.
Quicktime and VLC freeze.

I would happily run Sierra or High Sierra, or Mojave.
Ideally high sierra though as some Music software I have does not seem to work with Mojave.

In 2019 should I go about a vanilla install as it is in this guide.

Also in terms of the RX580, should that be attached to MB from the start of vanilla install or not?
And in Bios I don't think I can choose secondary graphics,
just 'Initial Display Output'  IGFX, PCIE 1, 2, or 3 
and then 'Internal Graphics' Enable/Disable

1 minute ago, kevasaurus said:

Hello,

Is the kext utility still necessary in 2019, 
can kexts be downloaded through the Clover configurator?
I have a High Sierra 10.13.5 install file,

Z170X Gaming 5,

AMD Radion 580,
i7 6700k, skylake

I have tried so many installs, and various bios settings.
But cannot fix the finder video preview problem.
Quicktime and VLC freeze.

I would happily run Sierra or High Sierra, or Mojave.
Ideally high sierra though as some Music software I have does not seem to work with Mojave.

In 2019 should I go about a vanilla install as it is in this guide.

Also in terms of the RX580, should that be attached to MB from the start of vanilla install or not?
And in Bios I don't think I can choose secondary graphics,
just 'Initial Display Output'  IGFX, PCIE 1, 2, or 3 
and then 'Internal Graphics' Enable/Disable

Hi

If you follow the same steps in creating the USB installer you can use the vanilla installation no need for any 3rd party tool to create the installer.

The preview and the Quick Look issue was discussed here in detail:

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/334881-how-to-fix-quicklook-and-preview-loading-issues-in-mojave/?page=13&tab=comments#comment-2673762

and Kext Utility is needed if you are gonna install kext files inside /System/Library/Extensions or /Library/Extensions if you are going to use the /EFI/Clover/kexts/Other folder to inject kexts you won't need to use kext utility.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dreamwork said:

Cyberdevs

Do you use dual boot with windows 10? 

I have experience issue that after booting to win10 my macOS won't boot unless bios reset =(

That behavior reproduce on Clover and OpenCore.

Yes I do have windows installed on another disk which I rarely use but I have no issues with booting into either one of them. I'm having the latest BIOS F22f I guess and I use Clover (always latest version) but thing is that I usually use mainboard's boot menu for switching the between the Ones rather than using Clover's GUI (old habits die hard I guess). :D

• 2 weeks later...

Hi to all. 

I made OpenCore EFI folder for our config. 

Before try you need to change these values on your own in PlatformInfo/Generic at config.plist:

MLB

SystemSerialNumber

SystemUUID

I have full working 10.15 beta 3 without any issues (except beta related)

EFI.zip

Edited by dreamwork
  • Like 1

• 6 months later...
18 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Has soneone tried opencore bootloader on their system yet?

Is it better than clover?

I did give it a try once, it was successful but I switched back to Clover.

I still rather to use clover to be honest.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/27/2020 at 9:20 PM, 5T33Z0 said:

I think I'm gonna fiddle around with this a bit on my other ssd. I saw a tutorial by Snazzy Labs which also showed off how to create the ACPI thingy list automatically with a Windows app so it works optimally for my build.

There's also a solid configurator out there (which is not done by the clover guy which should be sloppy).

Using OpenCore since 0.1 version. Now it just works. ;) Updates, Sleep, USB and everything else. Sometimes i forgot that it's a hack, not mac ˆ)

• Like 1