HELP TOPIC - [RYZEN] macOS 10.12.x (Sierra)

spakk

410 posts in this topic

For starters kernel belongs in his respective path in the OS or needs to point a value where it placed in the bootloader config.

boot file goes into root /

and Rest of the bootloader lifes in usr/standalone/i386 ( u normaly shouldnt be touching at all  if not mentioned somewhere by a dev ) 

do not forget to disable SIP  ( csr config )  no kext summary most likely points to that 

hope this helps a bit ;) 

• Like 1

Finally In, I was making it too complicated for myself.   Started anew with a fresh 12.4 install and a fairly simple configuration. 

What kexts did you use in your extra folder? Are you able to upload your files / configs? 

I am having no luck at all :I

What kexts did you use in your extra folder? Are you able to upload your files / configs? 

I am having no luck at all :I

Did you study my Gigabyte bios settings? Try to mimic that on your Asus board as best you can. I switched out processors and Bios reset, so I followed my bios settings pics. I'm just finished cloning and want to do a few more things before I reboot, if it will? Wish me luck.

Other important things Ethernet and Wifi are needed to clear as well as the most important graphics support. Do you have the proper hardware (supported) like graphics card, Wifi, Bluetooth, and Ethernet? It wants to hang at each of those and stops you.

Download: Pacifist, kext wizard, Chameleon wizard, EFIMounter, and (IORegistryExplorer and iHex optional).

I'll do what I can and explain how I made my bootloader "low tech" and Kernel placement. Kexts will depend on your hardware a bit but you can probably get it working.

I have realtec8111 Ethernet, Atheros 93xx Wifi, and Nvidia 8400gs which all run natively in OsX.

I have progressed a little bit, but now I am getting AppleUSBHostController:setpowerstate gated spam...

Is there a USB patch that I need to do? 

Edit:

I installed Spaks usb drivers, got past that AppleUSBHostController issue to be greeted with "Process Crashed: Language Chooser. Too many corpses being created."

arghhhhhhhhhhhh

I have progressed a little bit, but now I am getting AppleUSBHostController:setpowerstate gated spam...

Is there a USB patch that I need to do? 

Edit:

I installed Spaks usb drivers, got past that AppleUSBHostController issue to be greeted with "Process Crashed: Language Chooser. Too many corpses being created."

arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Install a fresh copy of Sierra and then update it to latest version 12.4, and leave it alone.   Instal only the Bronya files Merge them don't replace.. There is a trick to one of the Framework files to get it to set.    Select the A- folder and merge it with the existing folder.   you can't replace it.    see pic for A- folder.

Add all these folders to S/L/(Extensions, Frameworks and Kernels) folders.    Don't forget to use Kext Wizzard after to clear caches.     Don't add the space files to S/L/E yet they are not necessary to boot.    I added them to Extra "extensions" folder but am not sure if they are loading.    They may be needed to smooth out things later but all you need are the basics provided by Bronya to get started.

Download and run Chameleon 2667, use custom settings.    See pics.      I'll post more soon here so come back to this page.

You will need to use your own serial number for the Mac Pro 6.1 definiition.

post-1753549-0-63604200-1493544750_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-08838700-1493545205_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-32884800-1493545339_thumb.png

post-1753549-0-06797100-1493545478_thumb.png

Ryzen Essentials 2.zip

• Like 3

Install a fresh copy of Sierra and then update it to latest version 12.4, and leave it alone.   Instal only the Bronya files Merge them don't replace.. There is a trick to one of the Framework files to get it to set.    Select the A- folder and merge it with the existing folder.   you can't replace it.    see pic for A- folder.

Add all these folders to S/L/(Extensions, Frameworks and Kernels) folders.    Don't forget to use Kext Wizzard after to clear caches.     Don't add the space files to S/L/E yet they are not necessary to boot.    I added them to Extra "extensions" folder but am not sure if they are loading.    They may be needed to smooth out things later but all you need are the basics provided by Bronya to get started.

Download and run Chameleon 2667, use custom settings.    See pics.      I'll post more soon here so come back to this page.

Where did you find your voodooTSCsyncAMD-8-core.kext? I noticed it in your Extra/Extensions..

Where did you find your voodooTSCsyncAMD-8-core.kext? I noticed it in your Extra/Extensions..

These are files from Spakk. The Rysen Kernel testing thread around pg 2-5 somewhere. They are not in S/L/Extensions, just leave inside the Extra folder in boot loader.

Here I added them for you. I believe they are scanning and trying to load as the boot process is long and full of attempted kext loading. See the stuff on top? The bottom lines are the normal loading the top look like atttmepted loading of the Extra folders extensions files. I will remove them later and try to narrow down the Extra folder to only essential kexts. But for now it works.

post-1753549-0-06976800-1493566248_thumb.jpg

Ryzen Essentials 2.zip

• Like 1

The VoodooTSCsyncAMD can be patched for various CPUs, I have this already explained somewhere here in the AMD area.

• Like 1

So clone a running Mac and then modify it? I will try this out . I have been attempting to run the installer. Thanks,

I succeded with sierra on my ryzen 1700 and asus prime b350m. however I can't get it working with overclock. cinebench score it s always low and bad. don't know if I need some custom work on dsdt and ssdt. on intel days I used a completely different approach based con clover, dsdt patch and ssdtprgen. my question is how to do this on ryzen? there is any way to properly get pstates and correct cpu frequency on actual kernel? I get best performance setting busratio=29 cb will score approx 1400. I tried other settings like busratio 34 but systems it s uncontrollable (usb mouse and keyboard get too fast). any help would be greatly appreciated.

Inviato dal mio SM-G930F utilizzando Tapatalk

The VoodooTSCsyncAMD can be patched for various CPUs, I have this already explained somewhere here in the AMD area.

Ive been trying to find this info all morning. Can you send me in the right direction? Thanks :)

arghhhhhhhhhhhh

Lol yep I've had both those errors as well!

Now I have a problem regenerating the prelinked kernel - I tried using EasyKext Pro to fix the errors, but now it tries to rebuild the cache while booting, errors and resets.

This is what happens when I do it manually

sudo kextcache -t -u /Volumes/Untitled/
Unsupported.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
Private.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
Mach.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
MACFramework.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
Libkern.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
IOSystemManagement.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
IONVRAMFamily.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
IOKit.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
BSDKernel.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
ApplePlatformFamily.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleNMI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
System.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
GenericUSBXHCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AHCIPortInjector.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use Mach.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.softraid.driver.SoftRAID; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIParallelFamily; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[1319] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

Lol yep I've had both those errors as well!

Now I have a problem regenerating the prelinked kernel - I tried using EasyKext Pro to fix the errors, but now it tries to rebuild the cache while booting, errors and resets.

This is what happens when I do it manually

sudo kextcache -t -u /Volumes/Untitled/
Unsupported.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
Private.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
Mach.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
MACFramework.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
Libkern.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
IOSystemManagement.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
IONVRAMFamily.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
IOKit.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
BSDKernel.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
ApplePlatformFamily.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AppleNMI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
System.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
GenericUSBXHCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
DummyUSBXHCIPCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
DummyUSBEHCIPCI.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
AHCIPortInjector.kext has incorrect permissions; omitting.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Mach.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/IOKit.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Libkern.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Private.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/Unsupported.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/BSDKernel.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
/Volumes/Untitled/System/Library/Extensions/System.kext/PlugIns/MACFramework.kext is not authentic; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOStorageFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.softraid.driver.SoftRAID; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIParallelFamily; aborting prelink.
Failed to generate prelinked kernel.
Child process /usr/sbin/kextcache[1319] exited with status 71.
Error 107 rebuilding /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel

How did you fix the Corpse error?

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I copied the kernel, kexts and frameworks into their respective directories and booted with -v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=no -UseKernelCache=no

It does some booting stuff, hangs and then powers off after a minute. Does anybody have any ideas? I recorded a video showing what happens

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here. I copied the kernel, kexts and frameworks into their respective directories and booted with -v -x npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=no -UseKernelCache=no

It does some booting stuff, hangs and then powers off after a minute. Does anybody have any ideas? I recorded a video showing what happens

did you try npci=0x3000?

What about overclocked Ryzen? My 1700 is running at 3.7GHz on Windows machine.

i also have difficulties about make the oc work on osx86. maybe some bios settings and/or dsdt patch could be helpful.

Let's share the experiences. On my side I wrote some feedback in the help thread.

Don't know if the drop in performance may be related to busratio boot command. My best results/performance (about 1400 CB score) comes out lefting everything cpu-related on auto in BIOS and setting busratio=29 at chameleon.

• Like 1

Fresh feedback

All working nice,after clean installation (many times :lol: on Sierra 10.12.4)

Ethernet,Sound,nvme patching,nVidia web drivers usb 3 and usb 3.1 (not perfect but works satisfactorily)

If I have nvme ssd on my motherbord my GPU works 8x without nvme works 16x

both ways the Cinebench has verry low score for GTX 1070 (45) .. any idea for this ?

One more question is has anyone try a AmdCPUMonitor.kext to work on Ryzen ? (link?)

Thanks guys.

attachicon.gifFullscreen_01_05_2017__20_40.png

The Nvidia drivers for pascal have had less than perfect results, they seem to be running on Haswell drivers.     Even with an Intel hack I don't think you'd be better off.     Open GL apps work OK but the OpenCl seems to be spotty for the pascal drivers.           

i also have difficulties about make the oc work on osx86. maybe some bios settings and/or dsdt patch could be helpful.

Let's share the experiences. On my side I wrote some feedback in the help thread.

Don't know if the drop in performance may be related to busratio boot command. My best results/performance (about 1400 CB score) comes out lefting everything cpu-related on auto in BIOS and setting busratio=29 at chameleon.

I ran my 1700 at 3.9 ghz, and crashed Geekbench, lowered it to 3.8 same result but further in the bench.   At 3.7 it completed bench but at least 500 points lower than the 2.9 setting.     I leave it at 2.9 and auto for best stability, tis is apple and they like to control everything so I figure just go with the flow.

• Like 1

Yes, are they loading from the extra folder?    Is the Voodoo 8 core loading as well?   The boot as I mentioned has a lot going on or in and takes close to 2 minutes.    

Here's my IORegistry I don't see FakeSMCclient or NullCPUPower kexts?     

Hi Gigamaxx please share Sierra Files (Extra files, config.plist and kexts )

Thank you.

Hi everyone,

In my ryzen system, I using rc2 kernel from Bronya with boot flags "-v -f npci=0x2000" as well as CsrActiveConfig=103.

And i am using USB disk as my installation media.

However, i keep getting error: "too many corpses being created."

Does anyone have this problem?

Any tip could help! thanks!

I got it working . I cloned a fresh sierra image and followed instructions by @Gigamaxx thanks. I will attempt to package it up or make a python script to help other people out . Only flag I needed on my system was npci=0x3000.

https://github.com/jaytarang92/ryzenPatcher

I will fix the credits on the github later on tonight after work!

Thanks

@bronya

@Spakk

@GigaMaxx

Edit by spakk:

thx, but I do not want to be mentioned with my nick name, other users have brought a great sacrifice :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical: and should be mentioned with their names :)

• Like 3