Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

588 posts in this topic

ok, so the system does not loads the driver, checks that the card is properly plugged in and if you can tell me the pci ids and the subsist ids for the card it would be helpful 

ok id's are correct, so for some reason the system does not loads the driver, in the first post i linked an installer pack for the driver, download it and try it, it has an .sh file that you need to run to do the install, it will install the driver and also some needed libraries for it

ok id's are correct, so for some reason the system does not loads the driver, in the first post i linked an installer pack for the driver, download it and try it, it has an .sh file that you need to run to do the install, it will install the driver and also some needed libraries for it

No effect.

I have yet to get my Audigy 2 zs working since I switched to Clover starting with El Capitan. With Chameleon it always worked including El Capitan. I would like to see a config.plist, and a list of kexts used from someone who has this same card working.with Clover. I do see the sound blaster output in the setting.

I have yet to get my Audigy 2 zs working since I switched to Clover starting with El Capitan. With Chameleon it always worked including El Capitan. I would like to see a config.plist, and a list of kexts used from someone who has this same card working.with Clover. I do see the sound blaster output in the setting.

i use clover and it work for me, see previous posts, i have uploaded my efi folder

Hello! Thank you for your work!

Is it possible to run pciE 1616m with this driver? i have kx driver in sound menu after install, but the setting for the selected device has no output controls and no sound

it is normal to have no output control in the settings, because you have to do it in the midi configuration app, because the driver uses 8 audi channel for output, and then you have to check and see if the audio is outputted on another audio out jack, but some other people repeated similar issues, i am still investigating on it, if you send me a video of your system booting in -v (verbose mode) it could be helpful, until now on the system of one guy i have seen that maybe there is an issue with microcode initialization that could be the cause, but i have to do more investigation on that because i have examine only one system

No effect.

really strange, first, make sure inject kext is set to yes in clover, then test also voodoo hda, if you cal get voodoo hda to work, this kext can work too

i use clover and it work for me, see previous posts, i have uploaded my efi folder

it is normal to have no output control in the settings, because you have to do it in the midi configuration app, because the driver uses 8 audi channel for output, and then you have to check and see if the audio is outputted on another audio out jack, but some other people repeated similar issues, i am still investigating on it, if you send me a video of your system booting in -v (verbose mode) it could be helpful, until now on the system of one guy i have seen that maybe there is an issue with microcode initialization that could be the cause, but i have to do more investigation on that because i have examine only one system

really strange, first, make sure inject kext is set to yes in clover, then test also voodoo hda, if you cal get voodoo hda to work, this kext can work too

Do you see anything  wrong here?  The same line in your config.plist compared to mine.                       

Your's

<key>Audio</key>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>ResetHDA</key>

<true/>

</dict>

Myself

<key>Audio</key>

<dict>

<key>AFGLowPowerState</key>

<true/>

<key>Inject</key>

<string>28</string>

<key>ResetHDA</key>

<true/>

</dict>

Do you see anything  wrong here?  The same line in your config.plist compared to mine.                       

Your's

<key>Audio</key>

<dict>

<key>Inject</key>

<string>1</string>

<key>ResetHDA</key>

<true/>

</dict>

Myself

<key>Audio</key>

<dict>

<key>AFGLowPowerState</key>

<true/>

<key>Inject</key>

<string>28</string>

<key>ResetHDA</key>

<true/>

</dict>

as far as i know this settings are for on board audio, but try also using mine, but nothing should change, the problem could be also related to kext injection

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Quick update for people using sound blaster Audigy RX with this driver: The toshlink/optical out works fine , I finally got some equipment to test it and I can confirm that you can use your optical audio devices with the audits rx on Mac! only limitation is that you are limited to 48khz, so only devices that supports that frequency will work

This topic could be helpful for me, I need a good audio card an I found this one : Creative Sound Blaster FX 5.1 SBX. ProStudio.

that card is not supported by this driver, because it uses a different chipset family, this driver does support only cards with emu10kX chipsets, like the sound blaster audigy rx or the sound blaster live/audigy/audigy 2 zs/audigy 4 and many others

For pcie I suggest to you an audigy rx, but keep in mind that this is the only driver that gets it to work on Mac and the inputs are currently unsupported

• Like 1

Should i buy this one , seems to be more compatible ?

Creative Sound Blaster Audigy Rx Carte son interne 7.1 SBX ProStudio

this one is fine, I won one too, work well in Mac using the driver that you can find in the first post of this thread, only problem is that inputs are currently not supported by this driver, so you can use it only for listening on Mac, but you will have working optical spdf and 7.1/5.1 (for 7.1/5.1 you have to setup them into the midi configuration app that is a system app)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

yes, i have seen, can you send me a video of your screen while your system boots with -v? 

I post the video of the system boot and system settings. The video is not very good, but it shows that your driver is loading (........32bit). But there is no sound in the system((

http://dropmefiles.com/5laj9

http://dropmefiles.com/x6feO

P.S. I'm using UEFI Clover with "no CSM" in BIOS

• Like 1

I post the video of the system boot and system settings. The video is not very good, but it shows that your driver is loading (........32bit). But there is no sound in the system((

http://dropmefiles.com/5laj9

http://dropmefiles.com/x6feO

P.S. I'm using UEFI Clover with "no CSM" in BIOS

ok, for the audio controls it's normal to not have them in the settings, because the driver uses all 8 output channels of the driver and the volume control on the settings appears only if there are 2 channels for that audio device, then for the inputs, this driver does NOT currently support inputs, for the 32 bit it's just how the card uses the sound, because the drivers work with 32 buts sample and the audigy serie and with 16 but on sound blaster live series, so don't worry for that, in the video seems to be all ok, have you plugged the headphones or your speakers into the right plug in the back of your audigy 2 zs?

ok, for the audio controls it's normal to not have them in the settings, because the driver uses all 8 output channels of the driver and the volume control on the settings appears only if there are 2 channels for that audio device, then for the inputs, this driver does NOT currently support inputs, for the 32 bit it's just how the card uses the sound, because the drivers work with 32 buts sample and the audigy serie and with 16 but on sound blaster live series, so don't worry for that, in the video seems to be all ok, have you plugged the headphones or your speakers into the right plug in the back of your audigy 2 zs?

I connected the headphones (speakers) to all the outputs, but there's no sound anywhere. Only on the red output (Digital Out) is a veeeeeery quiet sound with white noise.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello. I'm using Hackintosh High Sierra and I have Sound Blaster Audigy RX. I installed "Kx audio driver mod" (from installer.sh and put kext to EFI) and now I have audio output, but no one input devices found. What I can repair input?

My sound card: "Sound Blaster Audigy RX SB1550 10k2 CA10300"

My config.plist: https://pastebin.com/S1t5MT7x