Kx audio driver mod [Sound blaster live!, audigy 1/2/4/RX emu edsp]

ITzTravelInTime

587 posts in this topic

Have you tried the same setup with El Capitan and Sierra?

it will work in the same way with both os, for this driver there isn't much difference in running under sierra or yosemite or other versions, also because the cpu used on this testing machine does not works with sierra, but the driver has also been tested on sierra an el capitan on other machines and it works in the same way because iokit, that is used by the driver, is not changed so much in these years, an theoretically the source code can be compiled to run also on mac os x 10.4, there is a built in power pc support, i just need the right version of Xcode and the libraries to compile it for older versions of mac os, currently it is compiled for the lp64 kernels that runs in 64 bit mode that are used in mac os x 10.6 +, but as i said i just need an older version of mac os x and Xcode to compile the driver for older mac os x versions

it will work in the same way with both os, for this driver there isn't much difference in running under sierra or yosemite or other versions, also because the cpu used on this testing machine does not works with sierra, but the driver has also been tested on sierra an el capitan on other machines and it works in the same way because iokit, that is used by the driver, is not changed so much in these years, an theoretically the source code can be compiled to run also on mac os x 10.4, there is a built in power pc support, i just need the right version of Xcode and the libraries to compile it for older versions of mac os, currently it is compiled for the lp64 kernels that runs in 64 bit mode that are used in mac os x 10.6 +, but as i said i just need an older version of mac os x and Xcode to compile the driver for older mac os x versions

Thanks for the information.

• 2 weeks later...

I have some great news for you! The current version of the driver I have released, supports 5.1 and 7.1 configurations on supported cards, you have to open the midi configuration app that comes with Mac OS and select your sound card, close all applications that uses the audio, in midi configuration click on the configure outputs button and the select 5.1 or 7.1, apply, exit from the app and reboot and attach to the sound card your 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system, , using the various sound outputs that you find on the cards, in this way you will have  fully working outputs with this driver, and a new version is coming, I am testing it, I will keep you updated

Hi I have a Audigy 2 NX usb and it was working OOB till El Capitan. I tested your kext in Sierra but no success. The card is detected but no output. Hope you could help me on this. I have a audigy 2 zs but my mobo H97M-e/CSM has no slot for the card.

Hi I have a Audigy 2 NX usb and it was working OOB till El Capitan. I tested your kext in Sierra but no success. The card is detected but no output. Hope you could help me on this. I have a audigy 2 zs but my mobo H97M-e/CSM has no slot for the card.

the audigy 2 nx is not supported by this driver, because it uses an incompatible chip that does not belongs to the 10kX series for which this driver is designed for, you have to find a solution elsewhere, maybe by trying to use the old system audio driver of mac os x 10.10 on sierra. For the audigy 2 zs it's one of the best card you can use with this driver, you have just to use it in a working hackintosh machine with a "legacy" pci slot and mac os x 10.9 or more recent version (as i said in previous posts, my driver mod is compiled for 10.9 or newer), i can confirm to you that if you have a compatible card it will work fine on sierra

• Like 1

I have some great news for you! The current version of the driver I have released, supports 5.1 and 7.1 configurations on supported cards, you have to open the midi configuration app that comes with Mac OS and select your sound card, close all applications that uses the audio, in midi configuration click on the configure outputs button and the select 5.1 or 7.1, apply, exit from the app and reboot and attach to the sound card your 5.1 or 7.1 speaker system, , using the various sound outputs that you find on the cards, in this way you will have  fully working outputs with this driver, and a new version is coming, I am testing it, I will keep you updated

Where can I download your latest version?

Where can I download your latest version?

You can find the latest version on the download links on the first post of this thread,  I suggest to you to download the kext only package, then to install in you clover efi folder in efi/clover/kexts/10.12, I am also working on a newer version of the driver that will come soon

Hi! I know I've strange question to do. Could you compile a windows version of your driver with your correction and optimization to the code? I've a sound blaster rx 5 sb1550 to try with it.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Tony

i currently can't because i am missing a visual studio installation on windows with the driver development libraries, but if you have windows xp sp2 or newer version of windows, you can use the official drivers from creative that should just work fine, for the mac side i am testing the same card on my machine and the only way is this driver, you can also use the latest official version of kx driver for windows and it should work but the card will be recognized as a generic kx card, and you have also to install windows drivers for the plx 8112 chip (on mac they are already into the system IOPCIFamily.kext)

But i will try to compile them for windows and do some tests when i can

Thanks for fast response. I'm on windows 7 64bit. Kx driver 3552 are the latest one? I would try them to achieve minimum asio latency on Asus Hero VIII motherboard. I would try to transport 5.1 or 7.1 output from games inside a vst host for example bidule then inside it use asio 7.1 or 5.1 input (KX ASIO) to vst binaural then KX stereo output. What about 8112 bridge I need to install a driver? Which one ? Could you please point me out?

for the bridge chip, you have to download the driver from the web site of the manufacturer, for the driver, try the official creative driver for windows 7 first, because the latest official kx driver release for windows has an incomplete support to the audigy rx

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes, that's just for debugging, I deleted that in the new version that is in development, but it will not compromise your system, don't worry

Hi, one question:
When watching youtube my macOS log gets spammed with "output frames converted" from kX Audio. Could you possibly minimise that, ITzTravelInTime?

ok, guys, just a quick update, you have to know that I am a registered developer, so I can download and install the new Mac OS betas, so i worked all the last 2 days to get Mac OS high Sierra beta to work and now, thanks to the new beta builds of clover, it works fine on my hackintosh machine, and also the version of my kx audio driver mod, I already released to you, works on the new Mac OS version, using my sound blaster live, audigy , audigy 2 zs and audigy rx cards, so you can use it without problems if you are running the latest beta of the new Mac os

• Like 2

Where do we get that latest kext? On the first page of this forum the linked file dates back to march...

that's the latest version i have released, i have tested then and works on the new mac os high sierra beta, i am also working on a new version, but right now it is too unstable to be released, if you want i can post an unstable beta, compiled today, but it is untested and i don't know if it works or not, i have also another older beta, more recent than the one on the first post, that seems to work stable, but i can't guarantee it at the 100%

• Like 1

My Audigy2 ZS the system detect, but there is no output sound. How to fix it?

P.S. Sorry for my English.

it's strange, first of all check everything if the card is plugged correctly, if the speakers and everything is plugged correctly and turned on and in the midi configuration app, set the card to work in surround 2.0 configuration and then reboot and also try other outputs

it's strange, first of all check everything if the card is plugged correctly, if the speakers and everything is plugged correctly and turned on and in the midi configuration app, set the card to work in surround 2.0 configuration and then reboot and also try other outputs

Tried all of the above, but there is no sound((

Tried all of the above, but there is no sound((

it's strange, have you checked that the sound card works on other operating systems? because if the driver sees it, it should work