[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Check

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

Chipset is serie 20 or 10?

The system settings says it is 20 series.

The power management is not working as it used to.

Now I have "CPU P-States [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 (31) ]" reported by AppleIntelInfo.kext.

I used to have "CPU P-States [ 4 7 (8) 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ]".

The lower states under 13 seem to all be missing.

Is this because you put FakeCPUID in the config.plist? What would be the damage of not using FakeCPUID?

• Like 1

The system settings says it is 20 series.

The power management is not working as it used to.

Now I have "CPU P-States [ 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 23 24 25 26 (31) ]" reported by AppleIntelInfo.kext.

I used to have "CPU P-States [ 4 7 (8) 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 ]".

The lower states under 13 seem to all be missing.

Is this because you put FakeCPUID in the config.plist? What would be the damage of not using FakeCPUID?

send me new ioreg with new folder

ur old config, u dont have PM, check ur old ioreg

MaLd0n 2017-06-16 às 09.39.40.png

send me new ioreg with new folder

ur old config, u dont have PM, check ur old ioregot have PM

attachicon.gifMaLd0n 2017-06-16 às 09.39.40.png

Yes I did not have X86PlatformPlugin loaded, but the CPU did alot of stepping anyway. I have no idea how it worked, but is that normal?

You can see from output here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts47pe7egdxc84r/HWE-enabled.txt?dl=0

Here is the new ioreg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/74hrb8kteeo1j5f/Andreas%20Hackintosh_new.ioreg?dl=0

If you could also please patch the DSDT with Rehabman's batterypatch for S55SL/Vivobook that would be awesome. Missing battery display at the moment.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Yes I did not have X86PlatformPlugin loaded, but the CPU did alot of stepping anyway. I have no idea how it worked, but is that normal?

You can see from output here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ts47pe7egdxc84r/HWE-enabled.txt?dl=0

Here is the new ioreg: https://www.dropbox.com/s/74hrb8kteeo1j5f/Andreas%20Hackintosh_new.ioreg?dl=0

If you could also please patch the DSDT with Rehabman's batterypatch for S55SL/Vivobook that would be awesome. Missing battery display at the moment.

Thank you!

now, u have a HWP work

check with Intel Power Gadget

battery, just apply and compile

SwedishGojira.zip

• Like 1

now, u have a HWP work

check with Intel Power Gadget

battery, just apply and compile

attachicon.gifSwedishGojira.zip

Sorry, but what do you mean "battery, just apply and compile"? The attached file is the already compiled dsdt.aml. Did you patch it already, or did you mean to include the uncompiled dsl? When I use the attached dsdt still no battery icon. And if I decompile it to apply the patch I get error when I try to recompile it.

• Like 1

the patch is done

but for Asus have two patches, u try other?

Sorry MaLd0n, the patch and battery WAS working. I saw them in the ioreg, it was only that the menu icon had somehow got disabled. I had to go to '/System/Library/CoreServices/Menu Extras' and click 'Battery.menu' to get it to show.

Thank you so much for the help! Now I will just see if I can adjust the speedstepping of the CPU on my own so I can get some lower idle freqs. I will buy you a beer when my paycheck show up in a weeks time ;)

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, i'm trying to install the sierra on my notebook for some days, but no sucess in every attempt.. and i can't find too much about my model, so i'm trying differents clovers folder, some of them i can boot, and even install.. but no boot after the installation, and with your folder, i get stuck on install boot, after a flick on screen, and everything on screen starts to go crazy... I'm hoping that you could help me, i don't know what is wrong.. so here's my clover folder. Thanks!  :D  It's a Asus X556URK, with a KabyLake i5

CLOVER.rar

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n, i'm trying to install the sierra on my notebook for some days, but no sucess in every attempt.. and i can't find too much about my model, so i'm trying differents clovers folder, some of them i can boot, and even install.. but no boot after the installation, and with your folder, i get stuck on install boot, after a flick on screen, and everything on screen starts to go crazy... I'm hoping that you could help me, i don't know what is wrong.. so here's my clover folder. Thanks!  :D  It's a Asus X556URK, with a KabyLake i5

what ur GPU?

EFI.zip@Mald0n  do you mind taking a look @ my EFI folder to see if u can tell what's not letting me use graphics acceleration (NvidiaWeb). FWIW, I've tried the three solutions that have been posted elsewhere, changing system ID's, clearing kernel cache and everything else that I can think of, all to no avail. :(

• Like 1

attachicon.gifEFI.zip@Mald0n  do you mind taking a look @ my EFI folder to see if u can tell what's not letting me use graphics acceleration (NvidiaWeb). FWIW, I've tried the three solutions that have been posted elsewhere, changing system ID's, clearing kernel cache and everything else that I can think of, all to no avail. :(

try

tstc.zip