[Guide] Catalina / BigSur / Monterey on mobos Serie 100 / 200 / 300 / 400 / 500 / 600 SkyLake / KabyLake / CoffeeLake / CometLake / RocketLake / AlderLake DSDT

MaLd0n
5,455 posts in this topic

Hey there ! Thanks for this . I've some problem . 

Nvidia Drivers doesn't work =(

my config

i7 7700

Asus strix z270f  gaming

Asus gtx 1080 turbo

I use Display port .

Thanks ! 

Hey ChrisMoler and NaLd0n, 

Actually after a couple of days of testing I'm noticing the same thing. the DSDT you made for me works, everything works but my GPU performance has gone way down. from 85 score on octane bench to less than  20- score. The GPU is detected and Nvidia drivers seem to be turned on. but The performance I'm getting is really low. Do I need to load additional kexts / Settings in clover config? 

As always, thank you :)

• Like 1

thank you for your work) I have already fixed everything Works perfectly and without problems. Thank you

what fix u use?

Disable Intel HD in bios ever, never work good!  ;)

• Like 1

Im still stuck with the same issue as Chrismoler for some reason. I've disabled intelHD, It boots now but the GPU drivers don't  load now.  Did a clean  copy of the clover folder you sent me along with the DSDT. I must be missing something? 

• Like 1

thank you for your work) I have already fixed everything Works perfectly and without problems. Thank you

Im still stuck with the same issue as Chrismoler for some reason. I've disabled intelHD, It boots now but the GPU drivers don't  load now.  Did a clean  copy of the clover folder you sent me along with the DSDT. I must be missing something? 

he found a solution, let's wait
  • Like 1

Now system falls asleep and wakes again after one second

2018-01-06 16:41:51.315972+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI XHC

2018-01-06 16:41:51.315973+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI XHC

2018-01-06 16:43:14.354294+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI XHC

2018-01-06 16:43:14.354294+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI XHC

• Like 1

for nvidia web driver

-EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

-NvidiaWeb= Yes in System parameters

-Correct Nvidia Web Driver

you're right, in the meantime I'm going to test some more 

Now system falls asleep and wakes again after one second

2018-01-06 16:41:51.315972+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI XHC

2018-01-06 16:41:51.315973+0100  localhost kernel[0]: (AppleACPIPlatform) Wake reason: XDCI XHC

try, need some tests, i prefer wake only from power button, avoid problems

DSDT.02.zip

you're right, in the meantime I'm going to test some more 

u can try a last version Clover without EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

for nvidia web driver

-EmuVariableUefi-64.efi

-NvidiaWeb= Yes in System parameters

-Correct Nvidia Web Driver

Hahaha, how did it miss that, cheers! Testing now and benchmarks show GPU performance is back to normal. sleep works as well :)

So I just read in another threadon this forum that the USB limit patch can create issues.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/330677-successguide-glasgoods-high-sierra-coffeelake-asus-strix-z370-g-i7-8700-gtx1080ti-uhd/?do=findComment&comment=2551079

Ports fix Is required for potential ports conflicts and bugs with sleep, restart and shutdown.Continuing to use the port limit patch can cause problems as it causes access outside a fixed array bounds. Access outside a fixed array bound can result in other memory locations being overwritten, those other memory locations will contain data that you don't won't overwritten!. So the port limit patch is not recommended for long term use. Ports limit patch is good for macOS USB installer purpose. 

I guess the best plan is to disable these and load a ssdt?

• Like 1

The wake reason has changed to XHC only now instead of XDCI XHC. But the behaviour is the same.

Is there some way to find out which device exactly caused the wakeup? Could it be that useless AURA LED Controller?

try

DSDT.03.zip

i don't have any 100/200/300 series now for tests

next week I'll test

Hahaha, how did it miss that, cheers! Testing now and benchmarks show GPU performance is back to normal. sleep works as well :)

So I just read in another threadon this forum that the USB limit patch can create issues.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/330677-successguide-glasgoods-high-sierra-coffeelake-asus-strix-z370-g-i7-8700-gtx1080ti-uhd/?do=findComment&comment=2551079

Ports fix Is required for potential ports conflicts and bugs with sleep, restart and shutdown.Continuing to use the port limit patch can cause problems as it causes access outside a fixed array bounds. Access outside a fixed array bound can result in other memory locations being overwritten, those other memory locations will contain data that you don't won't overwritten!. So the port limit patch is not recommended for long term use. Ports limit patch is good for macOS USB installer purpose. 

I guess the best plan is to disable these and load a ssdt?

I've never had problems with this patch, work good a long time, but u can create ur custom

some problems caused by CsmVideoDxe-64, never use it :D

now work without emuvariable driver too

Clover Team is working hard

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

send me ioreg, check first post

Hi MaLd0n! 

Here the ioreg file.

With your Clover folder USB is stable so far, Audio is ok.

The only problem is a Display port. Clover doesn't boot with DP, only with HDMI.

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

send me ioreg, check first post

Here the other one with Run me extraction

MIT test iMac.zip

Send me Mac’s iMac.zip

• Like 1

Hi MaLd0n! 

Here the ioreg file.

With your Clover folder USB is stable so far, Audio is ok.

The only problem is a Display port. Clover doesn't boot with DP, only with HDMI.

Here the other one with Run me extraction

u need check if have a solution for it, idk, but i think yes ;)

the ioreg is good ;)

• Like 1

u need check if have a solution for it, idk, but i think yes ;)

the ioreg is good ;)

Thank you again bro.

I would like to make a donation to you. Do you have a PayPal? Just cause I don't have bitcoins :blush:.

• Like 2

Hi MaLd0n,

I have an Asus Prime Z270-A with i7-7700K.

I am attaching the files as per post # 1, please check if I need a dsdt, and what should I optimize?

This is the link to download: http://www.terminalstrip.net/MaLdOn/For_MaLdOn.zip

Let me know

thanx

Replace, Reboot, New ioreg with new files

CLOVER.zip