Build_Clover.command, another Script to build standard Clover (or customized)

Micky1979
2,126 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

948242062_Screenshot2018-06-16at17_19_40.thumb.png.8487744611a3dd26a8c94eb0bf89486c.png

This error is not Build_Clover.command-related. buildmtoc.sh fails for some reason and the log is in that mtoc.make.log.txt file.

If you want the same output to be produced by buildmtoc.sh, add the following to the script at line 2 (right after #!/bin/bash)

set -x

Edited by Philip Petev

1 minute ago, Philip Petev said:

This error is not Build_Clover.command-related. buildmtoc.sh fails for some reason and the log is in that mtoc.make.log.txt file.

Sorry, this process and error is Build_Clover.command related! It does not happen with Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command!

9 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

Take a close look at the script. Building all those modules start after both edk2/udk and Clover have already been downloaded.

Bro' no matter when downloaded, but  they are the first drivers you want to build before every things is setup and BaseTools compiled. Isn't?

Anyway forgot me:P, I'm here because I like all that.... no intention to bother you!

Edited by vector sigma

2 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Sorry, this process and error is Build_Clover.command related! It does not happen with Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command!

Guys...maybe I'm missing something...but why should they be different? Also...why are we still using edk with a custom version for this, instead of switching to udk?:)) Seems a lot faster to me. I mean, to anyone who tried it, I'm really curious what you think about it. But in my experience (aside from the few issues I already mentioned before), God damn that's speedy!

1 minute ago, arsradu said:

Guys...maybe I'm missing something...but why should they be different? Also...why are we still using edk with a custom version for this, instead of switching to udk?:)) Seems a lot faster to me. I mean, to anyone who tried it, I'm really curious what you think about it. But in my experience (aside from the few issues I already mentioned before), God damn that's speedy!

Unfortunately they are still different.. It is just evident...

let's fix one thing before suggesting to open new doors even :wink_anim:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, vector sigma said:

The OS has nothing to do with  this Clover, what matter is your firmware ..if 32 bit.

the os was not exactly the point.

when you run the clover build script it explicitly asks you what arch to build but it seems to disregard that if it still builds 32bit code in the process. it was just an observation Vector Sigma.

Screen Shot 2018-06-16 at 8.31.03 AM.png

1 minute ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Unfortunately they are still different.. It is just evident...

let's fix one thing before suggesting to open new doors even :wink_anim:

Alright. If you have it handy, could you, please, reupload the mojave script for me to give it a try? :) 

4 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

I'm sorry, but I think you misunderstand how exactly the scripts work. How exactly an error, provided by external script (actually, it's not the script itself, it's the ./configure command, bundled with the source, that generates this output and errors respectively) is related to the script that calls it?

13 minutes ago, vector sigma said:

Bro' no matter when downloaded, but  they are the first drivers you want to build before every things is setup and BaseTools compiled. Isn't?

Dude, I need more facts! How about you run the script with bash -x as prefix and show to all of us what exactly doesn't happen in Mojave?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FredWst said:

Hi,

From fresh git edk2 + clover : ApfsDriverLoader.efi does not works. (Build with Build_Clover.command)

Works with macbuild.tool.

Build from ubuntu 18.04 works.

• Like 1

Hi

Build_Clover.command 4.8.8 work fine on Mojave: no issue with Xcode detection :)

I don't know if it's the right topic. But I do not understand why the order of the drivers is different between High Sierra and Mojave for non-mandatory drivers, after compiling. I post image below

High Sierra_Xcode 9.4.1.png

Mojave Xcode10.png

Edited by Matgen84

2 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

I'm sorry, but I think you misunderstand how exactly the scripts work. How exactly an error, provided by external script (actually, it's not the script itself, it's the ./configure command, bundled with the source, that generates this output and errors respectively) is related to the script that calls it?

Dude, I need more facts! How about you run the script with bash -x as prefix and show to all of us what exactly doesn't happen in Mojave?

Well, sure I might not exactly know or understand each part of the script..  But I know that the script of @vector sigma works and your's doesn't. Even if it depends only on the way or time in calling or implementing external scripts and sources.. 

Unfortunately I cannot change anything which is a fact. 

2 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi

Build_Clover.command work fine on Mojave: no issue with Xcode detection :)

I don't know if it's the right topic. But I do not understand why the order of the drivers is different between High Sierra and Mojave for non-mandatory drivers, after compiling. I post image below

High Sierra_Xcode 9.4.1.png

Mojave Xcode10.png

Are you running the script with Xcode 10 Beta?

7 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Are you running the script with Xcode 10 Beta?

Of course. Clean install for Mojave (standalone hard disk), install Xcode 10 Beta + CLT: Build_Clover.command 4.8.8 work fine. :)

But I do not understand why the order of the drivers is different between High Sierra (Top image) and Mojave (bottom)  for non-mandatory drivers, after compiling (see my previous post)

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, KGP-iMacPro said:

Sure! :)... Do you want to have the one which works so far at least for me and @vector sigma

Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command

Well, you might be surprised to know that, actually...BOTH scripts (the regular one, which I already have and just upgraded to v4.8.7) and the one above (which seems to be v4.8.8 now), worked fine with Mojave and Xcode 10. Fresh /src/ folders for each one of them. I'm surprise SF servers held on for so long.

The one above only needed a:

chmod + x Build_Clover_mojave_Xcode10.command

So...thank you. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Well, you might be surprised to know that, actually...BOTH scripts (the regular one, which I already have and just upgraded to v4.8.7) and the one above (which seems to be v4.8.8 now), worked fine with Mojave and Xcode 10. Fresh /src/ folders for each one of them. I'm surprise SF servers held on for so long.

Terminal logs when building, plz! ^_^

8 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Well happy for you.. in my case 4.8.8 still

doesn’t. Thus scripts still can’t be identical. 

If however 4.8.8 works for all others, it shall be fine for me too. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, arsradu said:

Sorry but Build_Clover_mojave.command isn't v4.8.8 work branch. There is some difference. I test official v4.8.8 with success on Mojave/Xcode 10 Beta.

26 minutes ago, Philip Petev said:

Do as you like! I don't think you want any help from no one, I had to made a script to prove the checkXcode() function was bad, but I don't have the time now nor an hack handy because I'm in office where the last OS I have is Sierra. You will see by your self:).