[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12 - Dell Optiplex 780 (760) (755) (790) (990)

MacPeet

1,596 posts in this topic

@MacPeet: Both mic ports are functioning for me.  :yes:

EDIT: Strange. Every app that uses mic input works on both ports, but Siri doesn't work when the mic is plugged into the back port  :surprised:

@Quinzie XO, @Chris1111, @ricoc90 and all other Optiplex 790 users.

Try this with Lilu 1.1.7:

Front Mic now as internal Mic with boost 3.
Back Mic as LineIn with Boost 3.

LayoutID 16 (10)

DSDT/HDEF:

"layout-id", 
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

Whats the default layout ID in the DSDT.aml for Optiplex 790 in post 1 ?

Thanks

- Quinzie

@Quinzie XO, @Chris1111, @ricoc90 and all other Optiplex 790 users.

Try this with Lilu 1.1.7:

Front Mic now as internal Mic with boost 3.
Back Mic as LineIn with Boost 3.

LayoutID 16 (10)

DSDT/HDEF:

"layout-id", 
Buffer (0x04)
{
0x10, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
}, 

Works  :)  Thank you  B)

Show as Internal Mic 

I record a little track for you MacPeet  :thumbsup_anim:

post-951341-0-89859200-1505757069_thumb.png

The best.m4a.zip

• Like 4

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

:wub:

Edit:

You also have to test the Trial AppleALC from Post # 1075 with the new DSDT. Until now no download from you. Then please do not say, it does not go!

So ive tried to but alas no dice! Im still having the same problem! Since it works for rico I'm beginning to think it might be a problem with my board ?

I mean it works in Windows! And now its like it hears my voice but just not enough! I have attached a screen shot

- Quinzie

post-33882-0-32447200-1505781089_thumb.png

So ive tried to but alas no dice! Im still having the same problem! Since it works for rico I'm beginning to think it might be a problem with my board ?

I mean it works in Windows! And now its like it hears my voice but just not enough! I have attached a screen shot

- Quinzie

Did you try in Front

• Like 1

I tried both back and front! Then whenever I try to say anything to Siri, its as if she didn't hear me lol

- Quinzie

Yeah... women, huh?!  :P  :lol:

How's it with other apps? Download soundsource for example, it's a little app that plays back sound input. 

Like I said, for me both my mic ports are working, though Siri only receives input from the front port. 

post-1502423-0-12822200-1505782878_thumb.png

@Chris1111 Yup, but for me the port on the back has the exact same issue as Quinzie XO.

Either Siri doesn't hear me at all, or wrong (for example, when I say "everything okay?", Siri will respond with "Who do you want to call?". It's like the sound input is too noizy for Siri to make something of it, while in other apps the sound input is completely fine. But Again, this is only when the mic is connected to the back port. Siri works fine when the mic is connected to the front port.

@Chris1111 Yup, but for me the port on the back has the exact same issue as Quinzie XO.

Either Siri doesn't hear me at all, or wrong (for example, when I say "everything okay?", Siri will respond with "Who do you want to call?". It's like the sound input is too noizy for Siri to make something of it, while in other apps the sound input is completely fine. But Again, this is only when the mic is connected to the back port. Siri works fine when the mic is connected to the front port.

With a my Cam 

Not here even with my Cam, I need roll back my DSDT and AppleALC for make it work Siri with the Life Cam :D

Hahah so I'm the only that has nothing working looool. Sadness. But let me check other apps and see if it works. 

Yeah... women, huh?!  :P  :lol:

How's it with other apps? Download soundsource for example, it's a little app that plays back sound input. 

Like I said, for me both my mic ports are working, though Siri only receives input from the front port. 

attachicon.gifSchermafbeelding 2017-09-19 om 03.11.57.png

On it!!! Im doing that right now and getting back to your with the results! 

- Quinzie

EDIT: Tested and this is weird. With Sounsource, if I speak in to the right earpiece then it I can use it as a "mic" i.e. I here my self. But if the right ear piece is in my ear and I talk, then I can't hear my self as much. 

Super weird though. And also, right now there is no mic connected but the internal input seems to be getting some kind of static input. Ive attached a screenshot. 

post-33882-0-61617400-1505788152_thumb.png

Can you suggest me any bluetooth device to connect my apple trackpad and keyboard?

I'm using the Asus BT400 bluetooth dongle. Also works with Handoff (as long as you have a supported Broadcom wifi card)

post-1502423-0-60444900-1505820950_thumb.png

@Chris1111:

[since this isn't really a High Sierra issue I'll post it here]

I formatted a FAT32 USB and put Clover on it. 

Changed BIOS mode to UEFI, wanted to add the boot entry for Clover but that indeed made my BIOS freeze.
After a reboot I was able to add the boot entry, but it wouldn't let me select the bootfile (text was unreadable and unselectable).
I manually pointed to \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi, as well as \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi but the result was the same: Clover was unbootable.

So I guess Clover in UEFI won't work on our machine?

post-1502423-0-10677500-1505828886_thumb.jpg

post-1502423-0-19111800-1505828891_thumb.jpg

@Chris1111:

[since this isn't really a High Sierra issue I'll post it here]

I formatted a FAT32 USB and put Clover on it. 

Changed BIOS mode to UEFI, wanted to add the boot entry for Clover but that indeed made my BIOS freeze.

After a reboot I was able to add the boot entry, but it wouldn't let me select the bootfile (text was unreadable and unselectable).

I manually pointed to \EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.efi, as well as \EFI\BOOT\BOOTX64.efi but the result was the same: Clover was unbootable.

So I guess Clover in UEFI won't work on our machine?

attachicon.gifIMG_0340.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_0343.JPG

Its work !

Enable UEFI 

your only have to select USB storage Device in the list  :)

If I remember correctly The UEFI entry is ad by default after :P

Also your only to ad A default Volume UEFI to Boot 

Its work !

Enable UEFI 

your only have to select USB storage Device in the list  :)

If I remember correctly The UEFI entry is ad by default after :P

But then it's under Legacy boot options. Clover does not show up in the UEFI boot list if I don't add it manually...

When I do add it manually, it doesn't boot (screen stays just black)

post-1502423-0-37531900-1505832637_thumb.png

But then it's under Legacy boot options. Clover does not show up in the UEFI boot list if I don't add it manually...

When I do add it manually, it doesn't boot (screen stays just black)

attachicon.gifSchermafbeelding 2017-09-19 om 17.02.18.png

Ok better like that  :)

Create a small Fat 32 Part , name CLOVER  on any SSD you have

Put your EFi Folder on CLOVER fat 32 Partition

See Picture 

Enable UEFI and you have new Entry by default

Just boot   :thumbsup_anim:

This is my CLOVER  EFI Fat 32 Partition  :)

captu162.png

EDIT ******

I had tested it a few months ago already, its work good

But I disable the UEFI because I did not find it stable after my bios is freeze

post-951341-0-53603900-1505835303_thumb.png

post-951341-0-87377400-1505835312_thumb.png

post-951341-0-09187300-1505835322_thumb.jpg