Nvidia Web Driver updates for macOS Sierra (UPDATE 12/07/2017)

nvidia web driver updates macOS Sierra

• Please log in to reply
1005 replies to this topic

harimax

harimax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

impossible to download New Nvidia Web Driver 367.05.10.05.b07 for DP2

DevBoyLars

DevBoyLars

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

No, download works fine for DP2

Raymond Au

Raymond Au

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:Classical Music and computer technology

The new driver solved the screen crash I mention earlier.

Thanks a lot.

jsimpson746

jsimpson746

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I had a completely working system and had the web driver working in DP2 from the posts above. Once I installed the new b07 build today, I get a endless reboot loop after initial restart. Can only boot with nv_disable=1 - can't boot with -x, -f, or -F and "-v debug=yes" gives me no useful information. It stops at different places every time, no panic, nothing I can read that indicates what is causing the reboot. There does seem to be a lot of entires containing 80211, not sure if that is normal or not, even if it isn't what would that have to do with the Nvidia web drivers?

Anyone have any ideas? I would post the output of verbose but my first attempt to do so didn't work correctly so if that would help, let me know and I can keep trying (a few tips on getting that text would be helpful too).

Thanks!

i7-6700K

Gigabyte-Z170MX-Gaming 5

GTX 980

64 GB 2400 RAM

480GB SSD

Clover (latest build) with dual boot windows 10 on a separate SSD

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 452 posts

I had a completely working system and had the web driver working in DP2 from the posts above. Once I installed the new b07 build today, I get a endless reboot loop after initial restart. Can only boot with nv_disable=1 - can't boot with -x, -f, or -F and "-v debug=yes" gives me no useful information. It stops at different places every time, no panic, nothing I can read that indicates what is causing the reboot. There does seem to be a lot of entires containing 80211, not sure if that is normal or not, even if it isn't what would that have to do with the Nvidia web drivers?

Anyone have any ideas? I would post the output of verbose but my first attempt to do so didn't work correctly so if that would help, let me know and I can keep trying (a few tips on getting that text would be helpful too).

Thanks!

i7-6700K

Gigabyte-Z170MX-Gaming 5

GTX 980

64 GB 2400 RAM

480GB SSD

Clover (latest build) with dual boot windows 10 on a separate SSD

Same prob i have on eVGA GTX 970 and X99 chipset. looks like GPU pm problem.

dvil

dvil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Hi,

same problem as above, it seems like the problem is that the web driver is not being loaded, NVDAStartupWeb:official is shown during boot. I'm using nvda_drv=1 as boot argument (this works fine for El Capitan) but for some reason it's being ignored in Sierra. Any suggestion to force web driver load?

Similar configuration that jsimpson746, but with 750Ti

Cheers

Sorted, I had to set manually nvda_drv=1 in the nvram, hope it helps.

kif.007

kif.007

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:informatique, développement et Hacknitosh

I have exactly the same problem can not load the web driver under sierra, would anyone a solution. Even with the latest Clover 3590 it does not work.

Faun

Faun

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

There seems to be an updated driver, I just ran the updater app and found 367.05.10.05b07

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-07-08 at 19.29.37.png

Try running

sudo kextcache -system-prelinked-kernel

Worked for me with my 970

Edit: scratch that, it worked for 2 reboots now I'm back to black screens without nv_disable :\

edit2: well, after running the command a few more times it does seem to have worked. I think there might be a kernel cache issue in the public beta and dev preview 2

^try. it took a few attempts but it boots up fine every time now

GTX 970

Moviemakergr

Moviemakergr

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 452 posts

Same prob i have on eVGA GTX 970 and X99 chipset. looks like GPU pm problem.

Οκ guys i found my solution

instal clover from here > http://www.insanelym...ial-edition-v3/

and chose two consecutive times (with restart) to use webdrivers from nVidia driver manager.

Attached File  About_This_Mac.jpg   48.49KB   47 downloads

Update

and patching for Macpro 6.1 works nice too.

harimax

harimax

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

patching for Macpro 6.1 how do you do???

oraton

oraton

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
anyone know about pascal support?

2bad0

2bad0

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

To get it working I enabled clover nvram emulator (emu variable) and installed startup rc scripts to enable the driver.Then select Nvidia Web-driver from menu bar applet and reboot

Don't know if it's a clover issue a difference in the way Nvidia detects which driver is active ,be it OS X default or web.

jsimpson746

jsimpson746

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

So I tried every method described below my post and have got none of them to work. I seem to have tried every combination of those and still anytime I boot without nv_disable=1 I get stuck in a reboot loop.

I am assuming that enabling nvram emulator in cover is the "EmuVariableUefi" driver under "Drivers UEFI 64 BIT" - On the install drivers screen, I have the following installed;

EmuVariableUefi

OsxAptioFix2Drv

VBoxHfs

And under extra drivers, OsxFatBinaryDrv UEFI

Boot Flags are just dart=0 and nada_drv=1, of course that isn't working causing the reboot loop

I have tried both MacPro 6,1 and iMac14,1 (which was working great before this)

Please let me know if anyone has any ideas....

jsimpson746

jsimpson746

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

When trying to 

set manually nvda_drv=1 in the nvram

I used 'sudo nvram boot-args="nvda_drv=1"' and the response I get is "nvram: Error setting variable - 'boot-args': (iokit/common) general error"

I have tested the nvram and confirmed values, even boot arguments I write like "-v", are retained after reboot. Though, when I rebooted it did not boot in verbose mode. So I am not sure even finding a way to add nada_drv=1 to my nvram is going to help if it is ignoring it. 

Why all of a sudden is the nvda flag in clover not enough for macOS? Is there a different flag I can try to force it to use the web drivers? 

jsimpson746

jsimpson746

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Ok I was able to get it to work. First thing I had to do was uninstall "EmuVariableUefi" in clover. After reboot, I was able to see the hidden file "NVRAM.plist" in the root OS directory, duplicate, edit, delete original, and replace with edited plist to include boot-arg "nvda_drv=1". Once I switched back my SMBIOS to iMac 17,1 booted up fine with the web drivers working!! Had to double check that my board id was still set to none in the graphic policy kext as well, but it was.

Also, I uninstalled the web drivers in the system preference pane and reinstalled during this process so that also could have helped. 

So now I am booting without any bootflags in clover, everything seems fine even without "dart=0" and the web driver utility is actually telling me it is using web drivers (check box next to it) which it never had done that before, so that made me happy.....haha

Thanks everyone for your posts as it all helped me tremdously in finally finding this solution.

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,463 posts

Guys, I'm getting reboots when trying to boot with the Nvidia driver on a GTX 950.

It used to work with DP1. Then I updated to DP2, I thought it's the driver. So now I also updated the driver, and I got the same issue: reboot on second stage boot, when booting with nvda_drv=1. The only way I can boot right now, is with nv_disable=1. But, of course, that denies the purpose of having the Nvidia driver installed in the first place.

Any idea what's wrong here? Am I missing something?

@ROBASEFR

@ROBASEFR

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Guys, I'm getting reboots when trying to boot with the Nvidia driver on a GTX 950.

It used to work with DP1. Then I updated to DP2, I thought it's the driver. So now I also updated the driver, and I got the same issue: reboot on second stage boot, when booting with nvda_drv=1. The only way I can boot right now, is with nv_disable=1. But, of course, that denies the purpose of having the Nvidia driver installed in the first place.

Any idea what's wrong here? Am I missing something?

I had the same problem, but now with latest Nvidia Web Driver - 367.05.10.05b07 it is Ok.

and Activate manually the Webdriver usage in Configuration panel

Hope this helps

arsradu

arsradu

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 1,463 posts

I had the same problem, but now with latest Nvidia Web Driver - 367.05.10.05b07 it is Ok.

and Activate manually the Webdriver usage in Configuration panel

Hope this helps

Well, I do have that driver version. And that's exactly what I can't seem to be able to do: activate it.

I mean, I do activate it, it requires restart, and after restart, it goes into restart again (the issue described in my previous post). I think the driver doesn't get activated, for some reason. Just can't pin point the reason.

jimmydigital00

jimmydigital00

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

I have the same problem with my 980 but if I just reboot 1 or 2 times the driver will load and everything is fine.

The only boot argument I am using is nvda_drv=1

dvil

dvil

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

Well, I do have that driver version. And that's exactly what I can't seem to be able to do: activate it.

I mean, I do activate it, it requires restart, and after restart, it goes into restart again (the issue described in my previous post). I think the driver doesn't get activated, for some reason. Just can't pin point the reason.

Do you have the variable nvda_drv 1 defined in your nvram? It seems like the bootarg option is no longer recognised by the web driver. Type sudo nvram nvda_drv=1 in the console and check that the line nvda_drv 1 appears in you nvram (sudo nvram -p) and that it is persistent between boots. boot-args nvda_drv=1 seems like it is being ignored by the web driver.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nvidia web driver, updates, macOS, Sierra

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2017 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy