[mode off topic on]

Guys, about your issues with Sierra, did you ask... Siri?   :P

↳ "Hey, Siri... Does Clover boot macOS 10.12?"

"My name is Slice, not Siri!!!"

[mode off topic off]

:lol:

• Like 11

Two new features that I noticed:

1. There is now an option to place folders on top when sorting folders/files by name in Finder.

2. When you have multiple audio devices, the audio icon in the menu bar allows you to select which device you want to use.

Both are positive improvements in my opinion.

• Like 2

Everything's working great except

1) it won't fully restart if restarted from the OS (hangs on a black screen), and

2) I can't get audio to work on my ALC889. Does anyone have any ideas by chance? USB 3.0, both displays, everything's working, and I'm on Mac Pro 5,1 (tried iMac 12,1 and audio still didn't work. Doesn't recognize any input or output devices).

Does anyone have any help? I'm really hoping I can get audio to work again at least!! Loving it otherwise.

Thanks!

I tried binary patch airportbrcm4360 kext and got kp. I think it might be useful to share this result since it help us track where the problem is.

The function I am working is wlcStart(). The patch is to find 0f842f010000 with 0f852f010000 because it will jump to error calling function without this patch. The address for the code is 0x171fb. I'm pretty sure that macos does hit this line.

• Like 3

according to this picture your loading kernel 15.3.0 ie El Capitan since Sierra is 16.0.0

You're right! What a mess I've made! All fixed now. Sierra running fine here. 

I tried binary patch airportbrcm4360 kext and got kp. I think it might be useful to share this result since it help us track where the problem is.

The function I am working is wlcStart(). The patch is to find 0f842f010000 with 0f852f010000 because it will jump to error calling function without this patch. The address for the code is 0x171fb. I'm pretty sure that macos does hit this line.

Hi - are you working at getting WiFi working for those of us with the wifi chipset BCM4321?  If so, that is fantastic :)

No KP for me but it didn't stop the wifi errors I get at boot up and the hardware isn't recognized by Sierra even though it is seen by DPCI Manager.

EDIT:  Just started getting a KP with the binary patch this morning.

[mode off topic on]

Guys, about your issues with Sierra, did you ask... Siri?   :P

↳ "Hey, Siri... Does Clover boot macOS 10.12?"

"My name is Slice, not Siri!!!"

[mode off topic off]

:lol:

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

• Like 1

:hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:  :hysterical:

This certainly adds value to the thread...  :( Guess a mod should do more clean-up.

hello

i have the same problem 

also see a msg saying something is gated

i think apple are doing some kind of hardware check .. there

hope u have some kind of progress in this

all the best

good hack

Finally I was able to install 10.12 on my PC, the problem was GT610, I booted up with HD 4600 and its ok, but I have only one problem, the audio (ALC892) don´t work, I tried with AppleHDA Patcher 1.3 to put AppleHDA and HDAEnabler in S/L/E and /EFI/CLOVER/kextS/10.12 AND Other but audio still not working.

Here someone getting black screen?

it happens to me, using a GeForce GT610.

Me too, and I think that everyone have this similar issue with this gc.

If I remember, you've suggested to use flag nv_disable=1, still no luck?

Everything's working great except

2) I can't get audio to work on my ALC889. Does anyone have any ideas by chance? I'm on Mac Pro 5,1 (tried iMac 12,1 and audio still didn't work. Doesn't recognize any input or output devices).

Does anyone have any help?

I've this same codec and everything works fine (as iMac12,2).

If you want i can post my AppleHDA to you make some tests — but keep in mind: there's no guaratee that will work with you hardware once that I'm noob with AppleHDA edits.

But I think that soon more kexts will be available.

Edit: Mirone has updated ApleHDA patcher, take a look: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/312518-apple-unveils-macos-sierra/?p=2243917

Me too, and I think that everyone have this similar issue with this gc.

If I remember, you've suggested to use flag nv_disable=1, still no luck?

no, I installed already deleting the GeForce and NVidia kexts,
but wanted to know if people with other graphical cards
have this same problem.
  • Like 1

but wanted to know if people with other graphical cards

have this same problem.

My GT210 works fine.

The screen goes black between first and second stage boot (which didn't happen with previous OS X), but only for a couple of seconds and then second stage loads.

Just to be more specific about GT610…

I've this card enabled oob until El Cap and I have none flags on Clover related to this one.

I just have to use Graphics/Inject/No due to HD3000, once that's enabled by DSDT. Without this flag, HD3000 is recognized as HD2000, but I know that is purely cosmetic.

My GT210 works fine.

The screen goes black between first and second stage boot (which didn't happen with previous OS X), but only for a couple of seconds and then second stage loads.

Very strange, this problem seems to affect
only GT610.

Just to be more specific about GT610…

I've this card enabled oob until El Cap and I have none flags on Clover related to this one.

I just have to use Graphics/Inject/No due to HD3000, once that's enabled by DSDT. Without this flag, HD3000 is recognized as HD2000, but I know that is purely cosmetic.

the same here no problem with El Capitan.

@Mirone, here the GT610 works. ATM can't use the HDMI cable, but the DVI connector is ok. Going to download the Web drivers and let you know.

I downloaded another image of Sierra today
I will test as soon as you get home,
which installation method you use?
which the manufacturer of your video card?