[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

I MADE IT!! I switched from dvi to hdmi (I had already tried hdmi, but maybe not with the same config) and now audio is working!!! :) :) thank you very much guys.

Still, I think that bluetooth is not working (I am trying to use airdrop to test it)

and neither is ethernet

Any suggestions?

P.S: I rebooted and it just stopped working :(. I want to point out that I have the computer currently connected to a tv, and it worked when the tv's name appeared on the list of audio output devices

Ok, I think that the only remaining issue is with the TV, ethernet seems to work or at least it appears in systems preferences, same for bluetooth (I have to test it somehow, airdrop does not seem to work). I do not know what can be wrong with audio, it worked and when I rebooted it just stopped working, so weird... :S

• Like 1

Ok, I think that the only remaining issue is with the TV, ethernet seems to work or at least it appears in systems preferences, same for bluetooth (I have to test it somehow, airdrop does not seem to work). I do not know what can be wrong with audio, it worked and when I rebooted it just stopped working, so weird... :S

I am glad you have solved most of your problems, please don't forget to run the following command when you make changes on your kexts: sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Hi,  I got some issues with video, usually on youtube.  Safari  hangs  computer with perpetual sound phrase in background.   Keyboard and mouse non responsive. Only reset wakes  sierra again. Is  it any solution?

I think I've seen this before, once or twice on my system. How often does this happen?

Almost every time I watch longer videos on Safari, like  youtube or bbc iplayer  comp  freezes  after 30-40 min. I think. it can be some cache problem.

This may sound weird, but when it freezes, does the reset button on your computer resets right away?

All good with the 10.12.5 update guys.

Problems here...

A week ago I installed Clover v2.4k_r4061, with the last update my problem was a old version of Clover. So my hope was I was prepared for the future.... And I had no problems until today.

I downloaded the 10.12.5 update via the normal way, restarted, the updates was installed but it never came to a full boot.

The progress bar stops at 90% or so.

Restarted with verbose and safe modus but that doesn't help.

Any ideas to get this working again?

Problems here...

A week ago I installed Clover v2.4k_r4061, with the last update my problem was a old version of Clover. So my hope was I was prepared for the future.... And I had no problems until today.

I downloaded the 10.12.5 update via the normal way, restarted, the updates was installed but it never came to a full boot.

The progress bar stops at 90% or so.

Restarted with verbose and safe modus but that doesn't help.

Any ideas to get this working again?

Where does it stuck? By the way, the progress bar indeed stops at 90% for a while after you first install the update, maybe you rushed into resetting?

Where does it stuck? By the way, the progress bar indeed stops at 90% for a while after you first install the update, maybe you rushed into resetting?

Still having problems.

First restored from Time Machine backup 10.12.4 and downloaded MacOScomboUpdate10.12.5.

Then updated iTunes and Office 2016.

Restarted.

Made a new TM-backup because of newer versions of iTunes and Office 2016.

Restarted.

Installed MacOScomboUpdate10.12.5 and when promped rebooted computer.

15:26 started update

15:30 rebooted

15:31 progress bar 100%

15:32 screen goes blank

15:35 "no input" on screen

15:40 hard reset computer

15:41 progress bar 100%

15:42 screen goes blank, "no input"

15:50 hard reset computer, tried verbose, single user, safe modus, no effect

Any ideas?

Only using the internal HD graphics

I don't know what the IntelGraphicsFixup is, followed this manual to the letter.

Right but after 10.12.5 integrated graphics have problems
Apple has brought changes ...

Try the kext ...

Right but after 10.12.5 integrated graphics have problems
Apple has brought changes ...

Try the kext ...

Yeah, forgot to mention I am using a R9 270x as of late.

• Like 1

So the captain is leaving the ship? We will mis you... ;-)

Not leaving, the base is the same, but with a few quirks :) I wanted to display output on a 4k TV, that's why I had to use DisplayPort.

Did you manage to fix your problem?

Did you manage to fix your problem?

No, still no succes.

I don't know exactly what to do, tried several locations for the two kext's lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Tried clover/kexts/other, clover/kexts/10.12, local hd /L/E with [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] (the name of the tool we are not allowed to use here...)

And the end-effect are kernel panics and boot loops.

What is the definitive instruction for us follwing this thread to solve this issue?

No, still no succes.

I don't know exactly what to do, tried several locations for the two kext's lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext.

Tried clover/kexts/other, clover/kexts/10.12, local hd /L/E with ##### (the name of the tool we are not allowed to use here...)

And the end-effect are kernel panics and boot loops.

What is the definitive instruction for us follwing this thread to solve this issue?

I'll try to disable to PCIe GPU and switch to Intel on the weekend, I will have a solution soon enough I hope.

EDIT: It seems that the solution is this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322239-pre-release-macos-sierra-10125/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2418219, but you said you tried exactly that? Did you install the kexts using Kext Wizard or manually by hand?

EDIT: It seems that the solution is this http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/322239-pre-release-macos-sierra-10125/page-3?do=findComment&comment=2418219, but you said you tried exactly that? Did you install the kexts using Kext Wizard or manually by hand?

I found that thread and tried it, but no succes.

Will restore my 10.12.4 TM-backup and do another try.

So simple copy the two kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/10.12 I presume?

No further settings in Clover Configurator?

Are there other people watching this thread with simular problems (or succes)? We all have the same configuration...

Update: I restored a 10.12.4 TM-backup, placed Lilu.kext and Intelgraphicsfixup.kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other.

Then I installed the 10.12.5 combo-update. After the restart no desktop ( I even think a got a KP, I'm not sure.)

Via windows on a second HD I was able to remove the two kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other.

After restarting no desktop.

Tried disabling Intel-injectoin, no succes.

Then I read somewhere a tip for changing the "platform-id" from "19200000" to "12345678" (just an invalid number) and that works!

I get a desktop, however without acceleration.

Then I tried to install the two kexts in /L/E/ but that gave KP's and reboots. With or without the normal platform-id or disabled intel-injection.

Removed these two kexts from /L/E/ and I have a stable machine now (with an invalid platform-id, and without a good video driver).

Any ideas?

Update: I restored a 10.12.4 TM-backup, placed Lilu.kext and Intelgraphicsfixup.kext in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other.

Then I installed the 10.12.5 combo-update. After the restart no desktop ( I even think a got a KP, I'm not sure.)

Via windows on a second HD I was able to remove the two kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other.

After restarting no desktop.

Tried disabling Intel-injectoin, no succes.

Then I read somewhere a tip for changing the "platform-id" from "19200000" to "12345678" (just an invalid number) and that works!

I get a desktop, however without acceleration.

Then I tried to install the two kexts in /L/E/ but that gave KP's and reboots. With or without the normal platform-id or disabled intel-injection.

Removed these two kexts from /L/E/ and I have a stable machine now (with an invalid platform-id, and without a good video driver).

Any ideas?

Problems with Intel Graphics will eventually be available as a KextsToPatch solution, I would personally stay on 10.12.4 and wait for some development.

• Like 1

Thanks fpr advise in post 282. Now I  have a piece of hardware totally useless. Cannot  make any new fresh install of 10.12.4.   When I boot from install  USB key instead of   installation  I get  OSX tools screen. I  chosen  reinstall  and  after happened worse. Hackintosh get  10.12.5 from net and installed. So I couldn even get my desktop again.  So I wiped my SSD, but  have two hidden volumes OSX Base system  and  OSX install ESD, which are not eresable.

This is constant loop I canot leave. Please advise what I can do  to make new clean install?

Thanks fpr advise in post 282. Now I  have a piece of hardware totally useless. Cannot  make any new fresh install of 10.12.4.   When I boot from install  USB key instead of   installation  I get  OSX tools screen. I  chosen  reinstall  and  after happened worse. Hackintosh get  10.12.5 from net and installed. So I couldn even get my desktop again.  So I wiped my SSD, but  have two hidden volumes OSX Base system  and  OSX install ESD, which are not eresable.

This is constant loop I canot leave. Please advise what I can do  to make new clean install?

I am sorry if this ruined your system. But below the post you mentioned, you will see a continuation of this conversation that makes it clear a user had problem with this update...

My two cents on this subject is the following: Keep your main installation on the internal HDD/SDD intact on every update, but try to update a second installation that you have on an external HDD. This is a good practice to see whether a certain update is good for your system or not.

Thanks, but it slightly late advise.  Anyway  I was able to run  10.12.4 with   fake graphic id 0x1234,  but accelaration is close to none.  It looks that  my graphic chip 530 works  differently.  It shows multiple screens  on upper bar, works in DVI  mode without modifications,  etc. So some changes already were done in hardware by upgrade. My question is  if is any fix for intel graphic besides lilu and intelfix kexts which  caused permanent kernel panic.

And one more thing!  I finally got some stable 10.12.5 upgrade   with   12345678 fake graphic id. This is crucial.  Lilu kext  is problem maker causing  KP so do not use it. Actually have HD 530 working but with 8 MB  memory what is the cause of slow graphic.  Anyone  have any advice  how to increase safely memory  to run more smooth.  Probably due to small  memory.  movie player like VLC  output only sound,