[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

Hi Denicio 

Yes OOB is what we got it for

many thanks for your help

the wifi on the card is working fine, just the Bluetooth so I shall go and see what I can organise

As for fitting it on the board, with the streacom case there is one pack plane for a single half heigh pci-e card, the 1x card fits in the 16x slot just fine, have done this lots in the past with smaller cards in different configurations of pc's.

Will post here if it is anything related to the ASRock setup

Cheers

Bakerman

• Like 1

Hi Denicio 

Yes OOB is what we got it for

many thanks for your help

the wifi on the card is working fine, just the Bluetooth so I shall go and see what I can organise

As for fitting it on the board, with the streacom case there is one pack plane for a single half heigh pci-e card, the 1x card fits in the 16x slot just fine, have done this lots in the past with smaller cards in different configurations of pc's.

Will post here if it is anything related to the ASRock setup

Cheers

Bakerman

Sounds very interesting, would love to see photos at some point.

Hi Denicio

Quick update

your comments prompted me to think that maybe there was an issue with the internal USB header, routed a cable outside the case to one of the other usb ports and BAM Bluetooth up and running.

Now I got to work out why the internal ports suddenly stopped being picked up.

Cheers for all the help and of course seasons greetings all :)

Bakerman

• Like 1

Hi Denicio

Quick update

your comments prompted me to think that maybe there was an issue with the internal USB header, routed a cable outside the case to one of the other usb ports and BAM Bluetooth up and running.

Now I got to work out why the internal ports suddenly stopped being picked up.

Cheers for all the help and of course seasons greetings all :)

Bakerman

That's the spirit of hackintosh right there!

AppleALC.kext is in the kext folder? Did you mont the EFI partition?

I am glad to give an update that my HDMI audio is now working :D

I'm not sure what did the trick, but after my last post here, I turned off my PC, removed the RTL8821AE card, cleared the CMOS, loaded the defaults then after booting the HDMI audio appeared on my sound preferences!

Also, on Clover: Devices - Audio, mine is still set to 1.

• Like 2

Hi Denicio as requested here is a picture of the card sitting in the x16 slot

it's a bit of a hack-job because the backplate that comes with the card is full-size, so we had to modify the blanking plate with three antenna holes, I use stickypads to hold it in place only because the rear bracket is not attached

oh and the USB cable supply is no that cable that's not yet connected, this goes to the internal usb front panel connector on the motherboard, keeping things tidy.

I also fixed the no Bluetooth issue, I tried connecting an external USB port to the card and it showed up, then when reconnecting the internal ports it carried on working.  Very strange.

post-1841623-0-58506400-1482435994_thumb.jpg

Hi Denicio as requested here is a picture of the card sitting in the x16 slot

it's a bit of a hack-job because the backplate that comes with the card is full-size, so we had to modify the blanking plate with three antenna holes, I use stickypads to hold it in place only because the rear bracket is not attached

oh and the USB cable supply is no that cable that's not yet connected, this goes to the internal usb front panel connector on the motherboard, keeping things tidy.

I also fixed the no Bluetooth issue, I tried connecting an external USB port to the card and it showed up, then when reconnecting the internal ports it carried on working.  Very strange.

Very hacky, that's some build you got there, keep it up! :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi Denicio im a first time hackintosh builder and im having some issues with the intel hd530 artifacts in the top left corner. i have followed all of the guides and nothing seems to work everything is recognized but for some reason it still has the artifacts in the menu bar. im using the asrock z170m-itx/ac with a supported ac chip and an i5-6400 

Thanks,

hi Denicio im a first time hackintosh builder and im having some issues with the intel hd530 artifacts in the top left corner. i have followed all of the guides and nothing seems to work everything is recognized but for some reason it still has the artifacts in the menu bar. im using the asrock z170m-itx/ac with a supported ac chip and an i5-6400 

Thanks,

Hi Commander_dew,

Just letting you know that I just followed Denicio's guide and my system's graphics is working fine. We have the same board, ASRock Z170M-ITX/AC.

• Like 1

Thanks,

Indeed it seems weird, in the config.plist everything regarding the artifacts fix is included. I used to make the mistake of not injecting Intel and not setting a platform IG, I hope you're not having the same omissions. Best of luck!

Denisio, merely out of curiosity, how long in your pc restarts?you can time?

pls i wait your news

I think it should be about 8 seconds from Clover to Login Screen. The key to this performance is the HECI -> IMEI patch, or else it takes much-much longer. I will make a video tonight and upload it.

Hi Denicio,

Thank you very great guide. I just built system following your guide. Now everything work fine except dual displays (hdmi + dvi) do not work. When the system boot, there are signals on both hdmi & dvi. However, when OSX loading, the dvi signal loss.

Could you help me make dvi work on this system please.

Cheers. 

Hi Denicio,

Thank you very great guide. I just built system following your guide. Now everything work fine except dual displays (hdmi + dvi) do not work. When the system boot, there are signals on both hdmi & dvi. However, when OSX loading, the dvi signal loss.

Could you help me make dvi work on this system please.

Cheers. 

Hello zeally7, thank you for your kind words. I am aware of the problem and it seems that HD530 has this limitation on macOS. Some people were able to make it work by connecting the primary monitor to HDMI, and then hot-plugging the second monitor on DVI.

Hello zeally7, thank you for your kind words. I am aware of the problem and it seems that HD530 has this limitation on macOS. Some people were able to make it work by connecting the primary monitor to HDMI, and then hot-plugging the second monitor on DVI.

Thank you very much, I will try hot plug method. If I could find other solution, I will update here.

• Like 1