[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

I'm not having any issues, running the latest updates.

Are you up to date with Clover and the latest AppleALC.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Lilu.kext?

I just ran into this KP with Lilu 1.1.1. I had 10.12.6 running smoothly with your instructions, but patch 2018-001 killed my system. What version(s) were you running?

post-1373527-0-34021100-1519165847_thumb.jpg

I just ran into this KP with Lilu 1.1.1. I had 10.12.6 running smoothly with your instructions, but patch 2018-001 killed my system. What version(s) were you running?

Here is a list of the kexts and there version numbers in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/AppleALC.kext     1.2.2

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext     1.2.3

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/IntelMausiEthernet.kext     2.2.0

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/Lilu.kext     1.2.2

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/Shiki.kext     2.2.0

I used Clover v2.4k r4369 EFI bootloader.

I think you can skip the sensors.kexts, I had them there just for testing.

Succes!

Here is a list of the kexts and there version numbers in my EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder:

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/AppleALC.kext     1.2.2

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC_ACPISensors.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC_CPUSensors.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC_GPUSensors.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC_LPCSensors.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/FakeSMC.kext     6.26-322-g1b20eab7.1765

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext     1.2.3

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/IntelMausiEthernet.kext     2.2.0

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/Lilu.kext     1.2.2

EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/Shiki.kext     2.2.0

I used Clover v2.4k r4369 EFI bootloader.

I think you can skip the sensors.kexts, I had them there just for testing.

Succes!

Thanks,

I will update Lilu, AppleALC and IntelGraphics. What does Shiki do?

Regarding Safari/system crash  please try Google earth web version and Google play Kiosk . For me its most common source of making system non responding. Only solution is power off from mains and restart. Besides this Safari issues all applications ran smooth except Google Earth. Actually installed also Win 10 via  WMware and works perfect. Anyway still cannot trace the source of Safari malfunction .

... please try Google earth web version and Google play Kiosk ...

I don't fully understand what you mean. Google Earth Web is a plugin only possible in Chrome and Google Play Kiosk is the Android App store?

I downloaded the desktop version of Google Earth and that's running fine.

• 2 weeks later...

Google Earth in Chrome is crashing  when browsing in 3D. Also latest Google Earth Pro  desktop crushing on start permanently.   I downloaded  older version  of  desktop  app and works  but sometimes  beachballing or hangs.  I think there is some incompatibility  or may be inner conflict in library with other programs. Re  Google Play Kiosk it is also available in Safari. But beachbolling and system freeze happens on many others huge websites with lot of multimedia.  In general  HD 530 is rather week in hard tasks  , but my computer is much too small to put  additional graphic card. So far for everyday use it is enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have problem with HD 530. It can boot only with fake id. Kexts in other library: AppleALC, IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu, Shiki. 

I've tried everything. What is wrong?

(10.12.6, clover 4411. The High Sierra installer stops as well)

Thanks! 

Hi Users,

This is my first contact with hackintosh, so i am quite fresh in this subject.

I have followed instalation guide and at step N "On the last restart, this time boot from your newly created Macintosh HD" my machine cannot reboot from HD showing fallowing message:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device
or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key"

My system configuration is:

Z170M-ITX/ac P7.20

i5-6600K 3.50GHz

Geforce GTX 960

Thanks for your help in advance

6 hours ago, Lukaszzz said:

Hi Users,

This is my first contact with hackintosh, so i am quite fresh in this subject.

I have followed instalation guide and at step N "On the last restart, this time boot from your newly created Macintosh HD" my machine cannot reboot from HD showing fallowing message:

My system configuration is:

Z170M-ITX/ac P7.20

i5-6600K 3.50GHz

Geforce GTX 960

Thanks for your help in advance

First of all congratulations for getting this far. Actually, this is correct you don't have a bootloader until you install Clover on your main HD. But in order to do so, keep your installation USB plugged in (because it has the Clover bootloader), and select your finalized HD which now contains macOS. Once you have booted into your main HD, follow the rest of the steps.

Edited by Denicio

46 minutes ago, Denicio said:

First of all congratulations for getting this far. Actually, this is correct you don't have a bootloader until you install Clover on your main HD. But in order to do so, keep your installation USB plugged in (because it has the Clover bootloader), and select your finalized HD which now contains macOS. Once you have booted into your main HD, follow the rest of the steps.

Thank you for an answer. Actually I came to the point when I cannot choose HA after booting from USB.

1. I make partition, compuert is working wor a while and reboot then.

2. Computer reboot, start from USB again and there is an option to choose Clover or HD. Instalation process continue, I see 18 minutes progress bar, then when is's done the compuer restarts again.

3. Reboot again and I see:
If I insert USB now it takes me to the begining, only difference is I do not see countdown. 

Does it mean that I have to install Clover manualy ?

Thanks

Edited by Lukaszzz

20 hours ago, DutchAcerOne said:

You have a different mobo ASRock H170M Pro4?

With Google I find a thread on tonymacx86.

When I built the machine, it worked without problem. Last year, I bought a GTX 1060. (worked as well).

Now, there is a problem without the dVGA. (ofc uninstalled the nvidia webdriver)

10 hours ago, Lukaszzz said:

Thank you for an answer. Actually I came to the point when I cannot choose HA after booting from USB.

1. I make partition, compuert is working wor a while and reboot then.

2. Computer reboot, start from USB again and there is an option to choose Clover or HD. Instalation process continue, I see 18 minutes progress bar, then when is's done the compuer restarts again.

3. Reboot again and I see:
If I insert USB now it takes me to the begining, only difference is I do not see countdown. 

Does it mean that I have to install Clover manualy ?

Thanks

First two steps looks proper. About the 3rd one, it is correct to insert the USB, yes. You do not see your finalized HD to continue booting from? What choices do you have?

23 minutes ago, Denicio said:

First two steps looks proper. About the 3rd one, it is correct to insert the USB, yes. You do not see your finalized HD to continue booting from? What choices do you have?

Clover only, at 3rd rebootn I have no option to choose HD.

And when I choose Clover it taken me to same menu as i get first time when I plug USB with clean HD with only difference that my mouse and keyboard doesn't work.

Edited by Lukaszzz

On 3/25/2018 at 11:03 AM, szuszinho said:

Hi,

I have problem with HD 530. It can boot only with fake id. Kexts in other library: AppleALC, IntelGraphicsFixup, Lilu, Shiki. 

I've tried everything. What is wrong?

(10.12.6, clover 4411. The High Sierra installer stops as well)

Thanks! 

On 10.12.6 the solution is 19120000 4 displays patch.

Edited by szuszinho
  • Like 1

On 3/27/2018 at 7:43 AM, Denicio said:

Aa the 3rd step I can only choose USB and it takes me to installer menu, like in the 1st step, however I can't use mouse or keyboard.

On 1/4/2018 at 2:02 PM, fixpol said:

10.13.4 do not installs. After upgrade process and restart indicates same version. Repeating procedure   gives no result.

I used to get this repeated procedure in a previous version, when I had not updated "apfs.efi" to the latest version.

Installed version 10.13.4 without problems (no apfs).

First updated all the kexts (AppleALC.kext, IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, Lilu.kext, Shiki.kext) to the latest version and then installed the latest Clover r4411. 

10.13.4.jpg

Edited by DutchAcerOne

Finally I managed to upgrade 10.13.4. The problem was  made by myself as I have hide unused boot entries in Clover.  Because upgrade needs couple of restarts the install reboot was invisible. Seem to be OK now.