[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

Hello, me again after a little while. i replaced my config.plist with your plist and it removed the menubar {censored} but now when i go to kext wizard to install my wireless kexts they are not wanting to work even after a restart. i hope you could help me figure this out because i had issues installing sierra, on my macbook i have sierra and i made the bootable usb drive then installed it and it turned out to be el capitan and im like ???? finally last night i got sierra installed. 

Hello, me again after a little while. i replaced my config.plist with your plist and it removed the menubar {censored} but now when i go to kext wizard to install my wireless kexts they are not wanting to work even after a restart. i hope you could help me figure this out because i had issues installing sierra, on my macbook i have sierra and i made the bootable usb drive then installed it and it turned out to be el capitan and im like ???? finally last night i got sierra installed. 

Hello! What is the problem exactly with your wireless? Which model is it, what files are you trying to install? Please be as descriptive as possible.

Hello! What is the problem exactly with your wireless? Which model is it, what files are you trying to install? Please be as descriptive as possible.

the issue with my wireless is that it wont detect in the network option in system preferences. Im using the AzureWave BCM94352HBM. i have tried the file included and or using a different kext file for the same model. 

the issue with my wireless is that it wont detect in the network option in system preferences. Im using the AzureWave BCM94352HBM. i have tried the file included and or using a different kext file for the same model. 

OK, four things are part of the solution.

1) Make sure you have the BCM injector on Clover kexts.

2) Darkvoid's patch for Sierra should be enabled on KextsToPatch.

3) Your USB ports should be working in pristine condition, because the Mini PCIe Wifi card is using one of them internally.

4) Execute sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && kextcache -u / and restart.

3) You USB ports should be working in pristine condition, because the Mini PCIe Wifi card is using one of them internally.

thanks the steps above worked. now onto another question when I connect my second monitor it does not want to be recognized by Mac I'm using an hdmi and DisplayPort for monitors. if i leave the computer sit for a few minutes it crashes and reboots nd its in a cycle any idea on what could be happening?

• Like 1

Hi, Thanks Denicio and everyone else here, for submitting this guide, I just finished a rig like this but using the Asrock DL version not the AC, so far none of the Ethernet interface aren't working, keeps blinking between CABLE UNPLUGGED AND NOT CONNECTED on System Preferences -> Network, all the fields like IP ADDRESS, SUBNET MASK, ETC are blank, so don't know whether I missed a ketx or something else, don't know whether this is a common problem on this mobo, I'd appreciate your comments

HARDWARE:

MOBO: Asrock H170M-ITX/DL

CPU: i3 6100

RAM: 8GB crucial

post-1944521-0-23523700-1484679740_thumb.jpg

post-1944521-0-18978700-1484679777_thumb.jpg

I can only mac an assumption but i dont think you have the right ethernet drivers installed. The drivers that should be installed are IntelMalius, and Realtek (i think they have the same ethernet jacks) latest version 

Thanks Commander for your reply, after I post the first question, I just restart the hack and it started to work, thanks anyway for your time and answer!

3) Your USB ports should be working in pristine condition, because the Mini PCIe Wifi card is using one of them internally.

Hi Denicio, thanks for your previous reply regarding a question of mine related to this topic, but still have some questions as to the reply above:

1.- when you talk about BCM injector on step #1 of your previous reply, I infer you're talking about EFI/clover/kexts/other/BCM94352Injector.kext , is that right?

2.- when you talk about Darkvoid's patch for sierra being enabled, I understand I have to edit clover/config.plist, then on KernelAndKetxsPatches/KextstoPatch/ search for this specific patch(Darvoid's) and set the field DISABLED to NO, is that right?

3.- when you say USB ports have to be in a pristine condition, what do you mean with that?

thanks again!

Hi Denicio, thanks for your previous reply regarding a question of mine related to this topic, but still have some questions as to the reply above:

1.- when you talk about BCM injector on step #1 of your previous reply, I infer you're talking about EFI/clover/kexts/other/BCM94352Injector.kext , is that right?

2.- when you talk about Darkvoid's patch for sierra being enabled, I understand I have to edit clover/config.plist, then on KernelAndKetxsPatches/KextstoPatch/ search for this specific patch(Darvoid's) and set the field DISABLED to NO, is that right?

3.- when you say USB ports have to be in a pristine condition, what do you mean with that?

thanks again!

Hello! Both yes to 1, 2. As for 3, this means that if in your case SSDT-2.aml does not apply (meaning you have a different motherboard as opposed to this guide), then you need to sort out how your USB ports will play nicely first.

Hello! Both yes to 1, 2. As for 3, this means that if in your case SSDT-2.aml does not apply (meaning you have a different motherboard as opposed to this guide), then you need to sort out how your USB ports will play nicely first.

Many thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Denicio, at the last part of this guide you recommend: Replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus-64.efi in drivers64UEFI. It's proprietary, but it's faster. --- I mounted my SSD's EFI and found VBoxHfs-64.efi at the location specified, but where can I get the HFSPlus-64.efi? sorry I haven't searched on the internet for this file yet, thought it could be in your guide's downloadable files, but it isn't there either, don't know whether I misunderstood something here, on the other hand,  what is this file for? and what does it improve? thanks in advance! 

Hi Denicio, at the last part of this guide you recommend: Replace VBoxHfs-64.efi with HFSPlus-64.efi in drivers64UEFI. It's proprietary, but it's faster. --- I mounted my SSD's EFI and found VBoxHfs-64.efi at the location specified, but where can I get the HFSPlus-64.efi? sorry I haven't searched on the internet for this file yet, thought it could be in your guide's downloadable files, but it isn't there either, don't know whether I misunderstood something here, on the other hand,  what is this file for? and what does it improve? thanks in advance! 

You guesses right, because it's proprietary you need to look it up on your own, Google it :)

You guesses right, because it's proprietary you need to look it up on your own, Google it :)

thanks!

Sorry for asking again about this topic, does this file  hfsplus-64.efi has to be specific to sierra 10.12.2 or the MOBO model? found one, the file size is around 25k, I've seen other files with names like hfsplus.efi not sure whether they are the same, guess one is 64bit mode and the other 32bit

Another question, Do I have to change any file, the .aml file or other, in case I change my i3 6310 for an i5(7) 6xxx? or even adding more RAM? thanks!

thanks!

Sorry for asking again about this topic, does this file  hfsplus-64.efi has to be specific to sierra 10.12.2 or the MOBO model? found one, the file size is around 25k, I've seen other files with names like hfsplus.efi not sure whether they are the same, guess one is 64bit mode and the other 32bit

Another question, Do I have to change any file, the .aml file or other, in case I change my i3 6310 for an i5(7) 6xxx? or even adding more RAM? thanks!

Yeah, you're obviously looking at different versions of the file, I can't either distinguish between then because you can't check the version (any 64 bit will work though). The file size of the one I have is 24.900 bytes. As for your second question, no you don't need to change anything, upgrade fearlessly :)

What are your full specs anyway?

Yeah, you're obviously looking at different versions of the file, I can't either distinguish between then because you can't check the version (any 64 bit will work though). The file size of the one I have is 24.900 bytes. As for your second question, no you don't need to change anything, upgrade fearlessly :)

What are your full specs anyway?

Thanks Denicio, my current full specs are the following:

1.- i3 6100

2.- Asrock H170m-itx/DL

3.- 8Gb RAM crucial DDR4 

4.- SSD 128GB

5.- sierra 10.12.2

6.- Mini PCIe BCM94352HMB Wifi+BT(waiting for it to arrive)

7.- Onboard HD530 via HDMI

The hfsplus-64.efi I got is 25,572 bytes, guess both, yours and mine are similar, just wanted to make sure that this file doesn't require any specificity regarding the MOBO, macOS or something else!

Hi there guys, having 2 issues with my ethernet connexions, don't know whether there are some people here facing the same: 

1.- When plugging the ethernet cable into the connector next to the HDMI output(the red one in the attached picture), there is no connection at all, no DHCP, no IP, nothing at all, that is what system preferences->network status shows, always in red and showing NOT CONNECTED

2.- The ethernet connection that works, the connector close to the audio in/out connectors, stop working when you unplug the ethernet cable and put it back again, preferences->network shows NOT CONNECTED AND CABLE UNPLUGGED status, you need to restart the hack with the ethernet cable plugged in so it can hook the DHCP again, if you happen to unplug your ethernet cable, you'll have to reboot the hack with the cable plugged in to have Internet again!

Any clues on this matter? 

Thanks in advance!

post-1944521-0-47723800-1485387533_thumb.png

Hi Denicio, already asked you about this, but still doubtful about the bluetooth feature, is the above 4 steps  procedure only for wifi activation on the  AzureWave BCM94352HMB/BCM94352? do I have also to follow  the below procedure you left in some post to activate bluetooth feature? 

1) For Bluetooth, download the latest package from RehabMan's repo, and install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into System/Library/Extensions with Kext Wizard or any other utility of this sort. Bluetooth won't work as expected if you place those in Clover's kext folder (tried it).

thanks in advance!

1. Got Bluetooth up and running now!

2. Installed the Realtek8111.kext and the 2nd Ethernet interface works now as well, without the glitches of the first one. I can yank the cable out, put it back in and Ethernet is reconnected.

3. Will do, after I browsed that thread to see if someone else has this problem too.

4. I have run into a weird flaw here. Normally I work at 2560x1600@36Hz. Sometimes when I reboot, resolution changes to 2200x1600@60Hz, the image is stretched to the right, the high res Apple logo is off center to the right, and once the desktop has started the disk icons fall off the screen. After a while I get all kinds of screen noise, distortion etc up to a point where the screen goes black, and I have to reboot. It could be due to the HDMI<->DVI cable, but that is something I have to test.

Thanks for all your support and good work Denicio, it's really helpful and this is starting to turn into a really nice system.

Tom

Hi peerke, wanted to ask you about the Realtek8111.kext, considering I'm having the same issues you had with the ethernet, my case on a Asrock H170M-itx/DL:

1.- In your case, were you working on the Asrock h170M-itx or a Gigabyte(your signature) mobo?

2.- was this RehabMan/OS-X-Realtek-Network the kext you used and instructions followed?

3.- Does it fix the issues on both ethernet ports? I know that, originally, there is one(closest to the audio jacks) that doesn't work after you unplug the cable, then you've to restart, the other(closest to hdmi connector) doesn't work at all after sierra installation

thanks for your comments!

Hi Denicio, already asked you about this, but still doubtful about the bluetooth feature, is the above 4 steps  procedure only for wifi activation on the  AzureWave BCM94352HMB/BCM94352? do I have also to follow  the below procedure you left in some post to activate bluetooth feature? 

1) For Bluetooth, download the latest package from RehabMan's repo, and install BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into System/Library/Extensions with Kext Wizard or any other utility of this sort. Bluetooth won't work as expected if you place those in Clover's kext folder (tried it).

thanks in advance!

Hi peerke, wanted to ask you about the Realtek8111.kext, considering I'm having the same issues you had with the ethernet, my case on a Asrock H170M-itx/DL:

1.- In your case, were you working on the Asrock h170M-itx or a Gigabyte(your signature) mobo?

2.- was this RehabMan/OS-X-Realtek-Network the kext you used and instructions followed?

3.- Does it fix the issues on both ethernet ports? I know that, originally, there is one(closest to the audio jacks) that doesn't work after you unplug the cable, then you've to restart, the other(closest to hdmi connector) doesn't work at all after sierra installation

thanks for your comments!

The procedure for Bluetooth is as you described. The only reason why this should not work, is if your USB configuration is not working correctly. Please open IORegistryExplorer 2.1, and Save your IOReg file, attach it here in the forum and I will take a look!

The procedure for Bluetooth is as you described. The only reason why this should not work, is if your USB configuration is not working correctly. Please open IORegistryExplorer 2.1, and Save your IOReg file, attach it here in the forum and I will take a look!

Thanks for your reply Denicio, the situation is this; at first I got a bluetooth usb dongle, the Gmyle broadcom 20702A3, it didn't fully work cause after each hackintosh restart or turnoff I had to unplug the dongle plug it back again and pairing the device(headphone for audio output) one more time, though once paired and connected headphones worked well. Then decided to get the azurewave mini pci card BCM94352HMB, so far the wifi works wonderfully, but the BT 4.0 feature isn't working, I mean, can't pair my BT headphones, sierra can't detect them. You can turn on and off the BT from sierra, see the BT icon on the top bar, get into BT PREFERENCES but that is it(no devices detected), as you can see in the images azurewave4 and 3. I followed exactly the procedure above that includes BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. You can see azurewave's SYSTEM REPORT -> HARDWARE->BLUETOOTH -> profile in azurewave2.png and its IOUSB profile in azurewave1.png  Now after this procedure involving these Bcrm**** kexts, kext wizard, etc, when I plug the Gmyle usb dongle , it works perfectly without a hitch, its correspondent SYSTEM REPORT -> HARDWARE->BLUETOOTH -> is in gmyle1.png and its IOUSB configuration in gmyle2.png, But the bluetooth feature from the azurewave mni pci-e card doesn't work, which is the one I need, wanna have the card 100% functional.

I wasn't allowed by the forum to upload the IOREG file, was in kind of a hurry when I posted this, lemme know whether you need further info here in order to get activated the azurewave BT feature! thanks in advance for your help!

post-1944521-0-00725900-1485799506.png

post-1944521-0-97685900-1485799511_thumb.png

post-1944521-0-63066200-1485799893_thumb.png

post-1944521-0-51267200-1485799900_thumb.png

post-1944521-0-79755000-1485799965_thumb.png

post-1944521-0-15366300-1485800433_thumb.png

Thanks for your reply Denicio, the situation is this; at first I got a bluetooth usb dongle, the Gmyle broadcom 20702A3, it didn't fully work cause after each hackintosh restart or turnoff I had to unplug the dongle plug it back again and pairing the device(headphone for audio output) one more time, though once paired and connected headphones worked well. Then decided to get the azurewave mini pci card BCM94352HMB, so far the wifi works wonderfully, but the BT 4.0 feature isn't working, I mean, can't pair my BT headphones, sierra can't detect them. You can turn on and off the BT from sierra, see the BT icon on the top bar, get into BT PREFERENCES but that is it(no devices detected), as you can see in the images azurewave4 and 3. I followed exactly the procedure above that includes BrcmPatchRAM2.kext & BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext. You can see azurewave's SYSTEM REPORT -> HARDWARE->BLUETOOTH -> profile in azurewave2.png and its IOUSB profile in azurewave1.png  Now after this procedure involving these Bcrm**** kexts, kext wizard, etc, when I plug the Gmyle usb dongle , it works perfectly without a hitch, its correspondent SYSTEM REPORT -> HARDWARE->BLUETOOTH -> is in gmyle1.png and its IOUSB configuration in gmyle2.png, But the bluetooth feature from the azurewave mni pci-e card doesn't work, which is the one I need, wanna have the card 100% functional.

I wasn't allowed by the forum to upload the IOREG file, was in kind of a hurry when I posted this, lemme know whether you need further info here in order to get activated the azurewave BT feature! thanks in advance for your help!

Which folder did you place the two .kext for Bluetooth?

Which folder did you place the two .kext for Bluetooth?

in Machintosh HD/system/Library/Extensions using KEXT WIZARD app as you can see in the image attached! thanks for your reply!

BTW Denicio, have you tried this guide on Sierra 10.12.3?

post-1944521-0-25689900-1485806457_thumb.png