[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

Problem solved by installing r4049 of Clover.

Did not changed anything else.

Thank you very much for helping me with this issue!

@Denicio: maybe an idea to include this version of Clover in the guide?

Sounds good to me, thanks!

• Like 1

Sidenote: Don't upgrade to the latest AppleALC.kect v1.1.0. Detection of ALC892 doesn't work...

S/L/E work fine! in clover/kexts/10xx dont work for me too new versions.

• Like 1

Have some starnge issue, - 2 front usb ports are not working. The hardware is exactly as in this topic. I use Benq monitor with USB 2.0 ports. Is there any limits of active ports? Another qustion  is hardware monitor. Original Fake SMC has no sensor kextx included. I was once trying to install  some sensor kexts by rehabman but  as result  had to reinstall  Sierra due to  boot panic. Actually found hwsensors  6.24.1421.pkg   on the net but I am not brave enough to check it.

Anyone had experience with this package. Is it working smooth or panic Sierra on boot?

Have some starnge issue, - 2 front usb ports are not working. The hardware is exactly as in this topic. I use Benq monitor with USB 2.0 ports. Is there any limits of active ports? Another qustion  is hardware monitor. Original Fake SMC has no sensor kextx included. I was once trying to install  some sensor kexts by rehabman but  as result  had to reinstall  Sierra due to  boot panic. Actually found hwsensors  6.24.1421.pkg   on the net but I am not brave enough to check it.

Anyone had experience with this package. Is it working smooth or panic Sierra on boot?

The layout of this motherboard guide is meant for all the USB ports available + 2 front USB 3.0, but not USB extensions like the one you have on your monitor (it might be taking up existing USB ports from the motherboard). Also, the FakeSMC included in this guide is not the one used for the sensors.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello, 

First I wanted to thank Denicio for his fantastic post, it helped me a lot during my installation.

I have been able to run OS X Sierra smoothly following this guide, but I still have some thins not working, and I thought that you might be able to help me here.

My configuration is the following:

- Asrock h170m itx ac

- i5 6500

- evga gtx 1060 6gb (I have been able to install the new pascal web drivers)

- 16 gb ram ddr4

I also purchased and installed the following Wifi/bt card:

BMC94360CD

Things not working:

- Audio (only have been able to test hdmi audio. I have tried installing ACL892 driver through [url="http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/"]#####[/url] but it doesn't work at all)

- BT (wifi works natively, but Bluetooth is not even recognised by the system)

-------

P.S: it is my first mackintosh so go easy on me plz

Hello, 

First I wanted to thank Denicio for his fantastic post, it helped me a lot during my installation.

I have been able to run OS X Sierra smoothly following this guide, but I still have some thins not working, and I thought that you might be able to help me here.

My configuration is the following:

- Asrock h170m itx ac

- i5 6500

- evga gtx 1060 6gb (I have been able to install the new pascal web drivers)

- 16 gb ram ddr4

I also purchased and installed the following Wifi/bt card:

BMC94360CD

Things not working:

- Audio (only have been able to test hdmi audio. I have tried installing ACL892 driver through ##### but it doesn't work at all)

- BT (wifi works natively, but Bluetooth is not even recognised by the system)

-------

P.S: it is my first mackintosh so go easy on me plz

Hey, thanks for the kind words! First of all AppleALC.kect should be installed in System/Library/Extensions along with Lilu.kext in the newer versions, use a utility like Kext Wizard to do this. As for the Bluetooth, the only way to make it work is to have sorted out all your USB ports successfully, please attach your EFI/Clover folder as a .zip so I can take a look :)

Hey, thanks for the kind words! First of all AppleALC.kect should be installed in System/Library/Extensions along with Lilu.kext in the newer versions, use a utility like Kext Wizard to do this. As for the Bluetooth, the only way to make it work is to have sorted out all your USB ports successfully, please attach your EFI/Clover folder as a .zip so I can take a look :)

I have tried to install AppleALC and Lilu kexts in System/Library/Extensions with KextWizard (I have also tried similar programs) but once I reboot I search them in that folder and they are not there (I have disabled SIP as well but it seems I cannot install kexts, maybe I am skipping some step idk). And it is weird because I tried using another program for loading the kexts (kext utility) and it says something like "AppleALC kext already found in S/L/E, creating backup..." , but when I go to that folder it is not there.

I have attached my clover .zip, thank you very much (again :) )

CLOVER.zip

• Like 1

I have tried to install AppleALC and Lilu kexts in System/Library/Extensions with KextWizard (I have also tried similar programs) but once I reboot I search them in that folder and they are not there (I have disabled SIP as well but it seems I cannot install kexts, maybe I am skipping some step idk). And it is weird because I tried using another program for loading the kexts (kext utility) and it says something like "AppleALC kext already found in S/L/E, creating backup..." , but when I go to that folder it is not there.

post ur files here, just run, files generate in desktop

RunMe.app.zip

• Like 1

it is attached

Check

-Clover with these options

MaLd0n 2017-05-01 às 11.03.24.png

-Replace full folder(need activate video INTEL, AMD or NVIDIA)

CLOVER.zip

-Run it

Olarila.command.zip

-Reboot

-After reboot i need new ioreg

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

DSDT.Asrock H170M ITX AC.zip

Patches

-FIX ERRORS AND WARNINGS

-HPET

-SATA

-LED PULSE in SLEEP MODE

-DMAC

-SLPB

-DARWIN

-LPC

-XHCI

-PLUGIN TYPE

-HDAS to HDEF

-HDEF

-RTC

-IRQs

-SBUS

-BUS1

-MCHC

-ALS0

-SHUTDOWN

-LAN

-USBX

-PMCR

-EC

-PNLF

-HDMI NVIDIA / ATI

Dont use XOSI, XDSM... use original devices

• Like 1

Check

-Clover with these options

attachicon.gifMaLd0n 2017-05-01 às 11.03.24.png

-Replace full folder(need activate video INTEL, AMD or NVIDIA)

attachicon.gifCLOVER.zip

-Run it

attachicon.gifOlarila.command.zip

-Reboot

-After reboot i need new ioreg

attachicon.gifIORegistryExplorer.app.zip

attachicon.gifDSDT.Asrock H170M ITX AC.zip

Patches

Dont use XOSI, XDSM... use original devices

I tried this and now I have a "forbidden" sign whenever I try to boot, the only way I know to fix it is to enter in recovery mode

• Like 1

From what I can see here are my observations:

- You have several AppleHDA related patches on "KextsToPatch" section, not needed.

- Also on "KextsToPatch" you don't need the Boot Glitch fix, it's only for Intel GPU.

- Either you keep "Rename HDAS to HDEF" or "FixHDA_8000, not both!

- On "Drop Tables" you need to specify your SSDT-2.aml file for it to work.

- You are using "uia_exclude" on your boot flags, this is not needed if you don't use USBInjectAll.kext.

Simple solution: Download again the latest config.plist from this guide :) All my remarks above are included on the guide's files.

I think you are very close to making it work, Bluetooth for example relies on correct USB layout configuration. Keep it up!

From what I can see here are my observations:

- You have several AppleHDA related patches on "KextsToPatch" section, not needed.

- Also on "KextsToPatch" you don't need the Boot Glitch fix, it's only for Intel GPU.

- Either you keep "Rename HDAS to HDEF" or "FixHDA_8000, not both!

- On "Drop Tables" you need to specify your SSDT-2.aml file for it to work.

- You are using "uia_exclude" on your boot flags, this is not needed if you don't use USBInjectAll.kext.

Simple solution: Download again the latest config.plist from this guide :) All my remarks above are included on the guide's files.

I think you are very close to making it work, Bluetooth for example relies on correct USB layout configuration. Keep it up!

I have done a clean installation now, still not all usb are working, neither bt nor audio. Should I install the kexts MalD0n said? I have tried installing clover and replacing the folder as he said and I couldn't even boot the system :(

Send me ansjuan iMac.zip

I have done a clean installation now, still not all usb are working, neither bt nor audio. Should I install the kexts MalD0n said? I have tried installing clover and replacing the folder as he said and I couldn't even boot the system :(

If you followed my suggestions, I would like to take a look at your CLOVER folder one more time :) Maybe I am missing something.

If you followed my suggestions, I would like to take a look at your CLOVER folder one more time :) Maybe I am missing something.

I have attached it. I have also successfully installed lilu and appleALC kexts in S/L/E, but it is still not working :S . Many thanks in advance for the effort anyway Denicio :)

I have attached some screenshots as well. It is weird because it seems to be at least something installed in audio. Nothing for bt though, I am even considering buying a dongle, because I am not being able to make it work in windows 10 too (I have dual boot)

CLOVER ansjuan.zip

post-2074781-0-26622000-1494158078_thumb.png

post-2074781-0-06826100-1494158086_thumb.png

post-2074781-0-96696300-1494158094_thumb.png

Hi,  I got some issues with video, usually on youtube.  Safari  hangs  computer with perpetual sound phrase in background.   Keyboard and mouse non responsive. Only reset wakes  sierra again. Is  it any solution?

I have attached it. I have also successfully installed lilu and appleALC kexts in S/L/E, but it is still not working :S . Many thanks in advance for the effort anyway Denicio :)

I have attached some screenshots as well. It is weird because it seems to be at least something installed in audio. Nothing for bt though, I am even considering buying a dongle, because I am not being able to make it work in windows 10 too (I have dual boot)

OK there are a few more things I've noticed:

- On /kexts just keep one folder populated! Either 10.12 or Other  :) Not many at a time.

- Delete USBInjectAll.kext from all your folders, you don't need it. And maybe that is the reason your USB / Bluetooth layout is not working properly.

- Your AppleALC.kext is v1.0.19, delete it. Install the latest version of AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext on System/Library/Extensions only! Latest is v1.1.1.

- On config.plist you have enabled Audio Layout 3, why? The correct is 1.

- On config.plist also: Don't inject Intel, nor platform-ig for Intel... You have a NVIDIA card, right?

Try to follow these, and report back. Good luck and skills!

• Like 1

OK there are a few more things I've noticed:

- On /kexts just keep one folder populated! Either 10.12 or Other  :) Not many at a time.

- Delete USBInjectAll.kext from all your folders, you don't need it. And maybe that is the reason your USB / Bluetooth layout is not working properly.

- Your AppleALC.kext is v1.0.19, delete it. Install the latest version of AppleALC.kext and Lilu.kext on System/Library/Extensions only! Latest is v1.1.1.

- On config.plist you have enabled Audio Layout 3, why? The correct is 1.

- On config.plist also: Don't inject Intel, nor platform-ig for Intel... You have a NVIDIA card, right?

Try to follow these, and report back. Good luck and skills!

USBInjectAll deleted from all folders, including S/L/E

AppleALC and Lil 1.1.1 installed just in S/L/E

audio layout 1 set

I have a NVIDIA card yes, I think I disabled those options as well, I have attached my clover folder 

----

Still not working though, idk what is wrong :S

CLOVER ansjuan.zip

post-2074781-0-45232300-1494172966_thumb.png

post-2074781-0-05940000-1494172974_thumb.png