[Guide] macOS Sierra 10.12.x on ASRock H170M-ITX/ac

Denicio

438 posts in this topic

Supplementary info. 1013.4  was causing permanent crashes. My PS2 mouse  can be the cause as I suspect Voodoo -Ps2- controller kext to be outdated. Anyway additionally some overload of processors caused overheating - do not now the reason but some process in background went like crazy. Only solution was using Time Machine back to 10.13.3. And everything work fine. Weird but true.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

just Update Kexts  and use whatever kext instead intelgrafix. I updated using external pendrive with last clover and mojave. Some apps do not work properly after update  due to uncompatibility with Mojave.

Tried to install Mojava but no succes. Run the update, but after the automatic restart things went wrong severly, computer even switched itself off...
Luckily I could restore a Time Machine backup and I have no problems staying at High Sierra.

I'm still using the combination IntelGraphicsFixup and Shiki kexts.
In several forums it is advised to use WhateverGreen in stead of Shiki. But I don't know how to do that exactly, simple removing Shiki and installing WhateverGreen.kext made the machine crash at startup.

Maybe you can help me with this, what are your settings in your config.plist? Will you upload your EFI-folder as a zip or at least your config.plist?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks to your link I was able to switch to WhateverGreen.kext without much trouble.

I followed the instructions on [Guide] Intel Framebuffer patching using WhateverGreen and I was able to clean up my config.plist to an absolute minimum. Al the work is done by that WhateverGreen.kext, great!

I saw that your config.plist is very different (bigger). I uploaded mine, so you can see the differences. (I'm still on 10.13.6)

config.plist

Edited by DutchAcerOne

I forget to mention I'm using only 6 kexts in Other-folder.

20 hours ago, fixpol said:

Actually trying your config,plist  no graphic output in a middle of boot.

I forget to tell you I'm using only 6 kexts in EFI subfolder 'Other':

used kexts.jpg

Edited by DutchAcerOne

use same plus HM monitor sensors , plus voodoo PS2 controller  and voodoo  HD as in Mojave no sound without this kext. Now I am adjusting config.list removing  most of useless parts. System is booting OK after removing all patches. One more thing  is graphic  which must be adjusted  putting  my ig-platform-id  0x193B0005 in data format ( and I have no idea how to convert).So working on it.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi at all!

Is there anyone who can share his clover boot folder for High Sierra? I can not start the installation from the USB stick. :-(
My configuration is the one in the signature, then the kexts and the config.plist included.
Thank you so much!

Here is my CLOVER folder.

I used Clover v2.4k r4798, I think it is wise to use the (somewhat) the same verison.

I'm using a wifi-dongle, so build-in wifi will propably not work, but for installing this would be suitable.

Succes!

CLOVER.zip

Edited by DutchAcerOne

6 hours ago, DutchAcerOne said:

I used Clover v2.4k r4798, I think it is wise to use the (somewhat) the same verison.

I'm using a wifi-dongle, so build-in wifi will propably not work, but for installing this would be suitable.

Succes!

CLOVER.zip

Thanks!!!! I will say you!!!

On 1/19/2019 at 12:53 PM, DutchAcerOne said:

Succes!

CLOVER.zip

Unfortunately, any attempt to install ends like this.
I enclose the photos.
Can anyone explain to me what it depends on?

20190119_201623.jpg

20190119_201646.jpg

Did you follow the instructions from topic starter?

Some time ago I renewed my usb installation stick for 10.13 (High Sierra) and used the EFI zip from post #1.

I had to made minor changes in the path to the installer so it worked for High Sierra installation medium.

I only tried starting from the usb and it reached the Mac OS Installer.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/2/2019 at 2:11 PM, DutchAcerOne said:

Does it help when I make an image of my working boot usb stick and make it available on wetransfer.com or similar?

Then you can ‘burn’ that image with disk utility to your own stick?

I could do that earlist on monday.

I would very much appreciate your config and any other kexts you utilize to get the boot stick running. 

Trying to install Mojave and hitting the garbled, "waiting on r/boot device" message. 

@Nicko NDP

Looks like your USB ports have stopped working, as the garbled screen indicates.

Sometimes it will continue if you put your USB stick in another USB port.

Edited by STLVNUB

On 2/15/2019 at 9:11 PM, alexzman said:

I would very much appreciate your config and any other kexts you utilize to get the boot stick running. 

Follow the instructions of the topic starter and you can use my EFI folder some posts earlier to use on the bootable usb.

On 2/15/2019 at 9:11 PM, alexzman said:

Trying to install Mojave and hitting the garbled, "waiting on r/boot device" message.

I'm very happy with High Sierra and don't see reasons for using Mojave.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2019 at 5:11 AM, DutchAcerOne said:

Does it help when I make an image of my working boot usb stick and make it available on wetransfer.com or similar? 

Then you can ‘burn’ that image with disk utility to your own stick? 

I could do that earlist on monday.

plz share it,i got an error just similar to Niko's.

does usb3.0 or 2.0 stick matter?

Edited by olee

On 3/14/2019 at 12:32 PM, olee said:

plz share it,i got an error just similar to Niko's.

does usb3.0 or 2.0 stick matter?

Sorry, I've to pull back that offer. I made a new bootable stick based on the instructions of topic starter, but I'm not able to make a good instruction how to install this enormous image on a new usb-stick. These instructions would be more complicated then these of the topic starter....

Edited by DutchAcerOne

• 1 month later...

Has anybody had sleep wake function working with this motherboard? Im using a i3 7100 processor Intel hd 630 graphics and Mojave. Everything is working great but when I try to wake from sleep system crashes and restart. 

I have made custom ssdt for usbinjectall and the ports are perfectly configured. 

Any ideas for the wake/sleep?