388 posts in this topic

10.12 Audio/Temporary Fix

edit config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch/

1. Duplicate:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-06-15 at 5.10.45 PM.png

2. Edit:

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-06-15 at 5.13.08 PM.png

Credit: pcpaul/#10344

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/284656-clover-general-discussion/?p=2243118

I don't get this, how do you have the command work in the first place? Here it says 10.12 not supported.

Hello, I need help.

I had an ALC268 on an Acer 5315 (C2D, GMA X3100, 3 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD) working flawlessly with the kexts AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler3.kext from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/ from the file AppleHDA-272.18.1-ALC268.zip with Yosemite.

Now, I've updated to El Capitan 10.11.5, and everything is working except audio! I have (used Kext Utility) this AppleHDA.kext into S/L/E now, and I've tried to inject it using Clover:

<key>Audio</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>Inject</key>
                        <string>3</string>
                </dict>

and it doesn't work.

I wonder what can I do? I cannot find any information about ALC268 in this post.

I'm attaching config.plist, non-patched DSDT.aml and acer5315.ioreg if this can help (zip file).

Thank you very much,

PS I've read this post is only for desktops... Where I can find help for laptops in El Capitan? Does anybody doing that? Or laptop sound is dead?

5315-details.zip

Hello, I need help.

I had an ALC268 on an Acer 5315 (C2D, GMA X3100, 3 GB RAM, 120 GB SSD) working flawlessly with the kexts AppleHDA.kext and HDAEnabler3.kext from http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298663-applehda-for-yosemite/ from the file AppleHDA-272.18.1-ALC268.zip with Yosemite.

Now, I've updated to El Capitan 10.11.5, and everything is working except audio! I have (used Kext Utility) this AppleHDA.kext into S/L/E now, and I've tried to inject it using Clover:

<key>Audio</key>
                <dict>
                        <key>Inject</key>
                        <string>3</string>
                </dict>

and it doesn't work.

I wonder what can I do? I cannot find any information about ALC268 in this post.

I'm attaching config.plist, non-patched DSDT.aml and acer5315.ioreg if this can help (zip file).

Thank you very much,

PS I've read this post is only for desktops... Where I can find help for laptops in El Capitan? Does anybody doing that? Or laptop sound is dead?

Solved using the Yosemite way. The problem was related to Kext Utility that didn't work properly. I installed the kexts under S/L/E using DPCIManager and it worked.

I don't get this, how do you have the command work in the first place? Here it says 10.12 not supported.

you need to open the script with a text editor and where there is os version, add few line like the 10.11 but modified with 10.12.. script running 100%, now i need to try the fix for get audio work

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Toleda,

I am still unable to get my audio working after several attempts.  I have included all the necessary troubleshooting files as described in the troubleshooting section of this thread.  All files are in the attached zip file below.  Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

1.) Description of my Audio problem.  No sound working & audio volume OSD doesn't work. System information only displays "HDMI/Display Port" under Hardware --> Audio after running ALC_Clover patch script.  (Before applying patch I see all my inputs listed under Hardware -->Audio-->Intel HD Audio, but I have no working sound.  My DSDT has HDEF patched with layout-ID value of 1).

2.) OS X 10.11.5 El Capitan/Dell XPS 14Z Laptop MB (L412Z) /Dell/Insyde BIOS/2.49 GHz Intel Core i5/Intel HD Graphics 3000

3.) Procedure Used:  audio_cloverALC-110.command from the guide in this thread.

jeremy_ALC269_trouble.zip

cloverALC supports Gigabyte BRIX/ALC269 only.  Desktop solution does not work on a laptop.

Post #1/Realtek Codecs and Applications/ALC269/0x10ec0269/BRIX

Thanks for the clarification.  Is there a preferred method you would refer me to for patching my AppleHDA.kext via Clover injection?  Or will I have to manually patch my native AppleHDA.kext?  If the later, is there a good guide for doing this on El Capitan?  I can dump my audio codec info via Linux.  I have a working Yosemite AppleHDA.kext but am looking for the best way to patch the native kext going forward and get my internal mic working. (that doesn't currently work with my patch Yosemite kext).  I have manually patched AppleHDA.kext in the past, but only on a desktop back in the Leopard days.

Is there a preferred method you would refer me to for patching my AppleHDA.kext via Clover injection?

Copy working 269 files from working 269 AppleHDA.kext to native AppleHDA.kext.  269 mic is a different problem, not considered.

1. Extract from the working 269/AppleHDA.kext:

a. Info.plist from AppleHDA.kext> Contents> Plugins>AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext>Contents>Info.plist

b. layout(hex(Audio ID)).xml.zlib from AppleHDA.kext>Contents>Resources>layoutx.xml.zlib

c. Platforms.xml.zlib from AppleHDA.kext>Contents>Resources>Platforms.xml/zml.zlib

2. Install cloverALC/269.  

3. Rename: layoutx.xml.zlib to layoutx.zml.zlib and Platforms.xml.zlib to Platforms.zml.zlib

4. Remove existing AppleHDA.kext>Contents>Resources>layout1.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib

5. Install layoutx.zml.zlib and Platforms.zml.zlib to AppleHDA.kext>Contents>Resources>

6. Edit EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11/realtekALC.kext>Contents>Info.plist with 269 Info.plist/ConfigData

7. Install edited realtekALC.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/10.11

8. Rebuild kernel cache and restart.

Run the El Capitan Installer over the current EL Capitan install to restore native AppleHDA.kext.

Hello Mr. Guru. I am currently running VoodooHDA but I really want to fix my audio problems with my mic and audio port. My laptop is running El Capitan 10.11.5. 

In the link below are all the files I can think of the will help you help me. My laptop is a MSI GE70 2PE Apache Pro.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2niqt4c0lbfbu86/Sound%20Fix.zip?dl=0

Toleda, thanks for writing and maintaining all this code.  And thank you for trying so diligently to keep this thread on topic.  It's not easy on a  public forum, but it sure makes it more readable for newcomers.

My question is which of the three methods is preferred?  I installed OS 10.10.5 using Clover, so it seems like any of them would work.  It sounds like cloverALC and pikeralphaALC have the benefit of not being broken by OS updates, that's all I can think of.

After following this guide, I see the devices listed in System Prefs, but I don't hear any sound.  Occasionally, I'll hear sound for just a second of two when I click Internal Speakers in system prefs, then it's silent otherwise.

I'm running OS X 10.10.5 on an X99 motherboard with ALC1150

This is what I did:

1. Start with a vanilla AppleHDA.kext
  2. Run audio_cloverALC-110.command, answering YES to clover audio ID injection and audio ID 1.
  3. Reboot
  4. Now I see the devices in system prefs, but hear no audio
  5. Copy DSDT patch from config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist to rename ALSA to HDEF
  6. Copy AppleHDAController patch from config-audio_cloverALC-x99.plist.zip
  7. Reboot

Did I miss a step?  In steps 5 and 6, was I supposed to edit the find/replace numbers at all?  I attached all the troubleshooting files you asked for.

Edit: Trying to troubleshoot, I notice that kextstat | grep realtek returns nothing.  I do see realtekALC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10.  Not sure why it's not being loaded.  Also, why does your script place it there instead of /S/L/E?

Audio Troubleshooting.zip

Trying to troubleshoot, I notice that kextstat | grep realtek returns nothing.  I do see realtekALC.kext in /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.10.  Not sure why it's not being loaded.  Also, why does your script place it there instead of /S/L/E?

realtekALC.kext does not load as there is no executable. IOReg shows the configdata as expected.

edit config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO.

Verify Speakers on motherboard Green and SysPrefs/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers

Reply with new files.

edit config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NO.

Verify Speakers on motherboard Green and SysPrefs/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers

Which things do you want me to edit inside the Fixes section?  I have a whole bunch of fixes turned on there, most of which were default from the Clover install.  I tried disabling all of them, but that makes the problem worse.  Now no sound devices appear in system prefs.

My motherboard doesn't actually have colored ports, they are all gold.  But they are labeled line in, mic in, line out, rear, c/sub, SPDIF.  So I believe this corresponds to your "Audio ID 1".

Now no sound devices appear in system prefs.

My motherboard doesn't actually have colored ports, they are all gold.  But they are labeled line in, mic in, line out, rear, c/sub, SPDIF.  So I believe this corresponds to your "Audio ID 1".

No files, no suggestions.

Line Out (Green) uses SysPrefs/Sound/Output/Internal Speakers