[GUIDE] Samsung Ativ Smart Pro XE700T1C 10.10.x and 10.11.0 [100%]

duduclx

314 posts in this topic

@macaholic how did you 3G modem working? doesn't work for me.. i can't connect..

here are the things for HDMI Audio: add the clover patch to the config.plist with a plist editor or textedit and use the AppleHDA.kext from Post #48

<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>10.10-Capri-Port _0x5-DP2HDMI</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AgUAAAAEAAAHAQAA
				</data>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleIntelFramebufferCapri</string>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AgUAAAAIAAAGAAAA
				</data>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>

About 3G modem,

Please, explain mode used

Static chap dynamic

3G cdma ....

That's really important !

It's can be user/password related to.

Better have to try on Windows, and contact your provider.

I have no sim card to test.

But i'll try to find a Nano to micro converter to test it.

About kexts from keiner99, i prefer use native kext and patch it,

Or explain how to modify this.

For hdmi-audio, the ativ have only one port.

So the patch can be only on one port.

I'll do a new one without needed kext.

Thanks to all.

Hello,

I have followed this guide and re-install osx 10.10 several times. i got most of the features to work such as bright and battery as stated from the guide. i also was able to get audio to work with a pre-patched AppleHDA and dsdt. I am having a problem with sleep. it has the instant wake up problem but with a black screen. When i press any key, the screen light up. I have attached the dsdt, config, and ssdt and message log for trouble shoot. The reason for wake is "Wake reason: XHC1 EHC2 EHC1".  My usb flash drive/sd eject when attempt to sleep. Please help. Sorry, cannot attach files but gave link to box instead.

https://app.box.com/s/r4kghzm2ignd57gtcw9f7h0t27tn3llt

Thank you.

@duduclx:

I had tried to upgrade to 10.11 this afternoon. I can boot to desktop successfully, but regret immediately because the pen-tablet drivers refuse to work !!  :( 

What is more, the CPU frequency seemed failed with 10.11. I can see it ticking only around 800+ MHz, never more than 900   :(  :(  :( 

Sleep is quite normal, memory leak is even lesser than 10.10, but I lose my hand-writing ability and that is what I really need. Before the new pen-tablet driver become available, I shall stick to 10.10 for a better support  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

• Like 1

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298815-guide-samsung-ativ-700t-yosemite/?p=2083188

Sorry for the awkward post but this it's the link to the solution I use every update when I have this problem after.

I'm out of town and can't access this properly but it is always the usb3 kext getting put back in the extensions.

Hope this is helpful.

The genericusb is not a good driver.

Not recommanded (by rehabman).

We better have a look to dsdt patch (mux or other).

Btw, I used it first, then remove it to apply a dsdt patch.

For 10.11 and wacom driver issue, maybe we have to uninstall and reinstall it, and put back the plist.

Finally get the stylus pen to work in absolute mode with portrait orientation!!  :D

Turn the screen with fb-rotate or manual-setting to 90 degrees, and run following script:

on run

repeat until application "TabletDriver" is running
		delay 1
	end repeat

tell application "TabletDriver"

set tabletNumber to 0
		set transducerNumber to 0
		set positioning mode of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to absolute
		set SCRAREA to screen area of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber as list

if item 3 of SCRAREA = 1920 then
			set tablet area of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to {0, 0, 28518, 17468} as list
		end if

if item 3 of SCRAREA = 1080 then
			set tablet area of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to {3580, 160, 17800, 25500} as list
		end if

end tell

end run

Only 0 and 90 degrees orientations is coded in this script, no 180/270 degrees orientations because I don't need them. :P 

I export the script to an executable on my Desktop for easy access once I change my orientations, and also add it to my login items to make it correct my stylus configurations automatically after any reboots.  :thumbsup_anim:

The tablet areas of landscape and portrait modes could have to be fine-tuned if my numbers not fitting your tablets.  :wink_anim:

• Like 2

Using fb-rotate, I write another script to turn then screen and pen/tablet from 0 to 90 degrees to-and-fro on the fly:

on run

set tabletNumber to 0

set ORIENT to orientation of tablet tabletNumber
		set ROTMODE to orientation of tablet tabletNumber

end tell

tell application "Finder"

set SCRAREA to bounds of window of desktop as list

end tell

if item 3 of SCRAREA = 1920 then

do shell script "/real-path-to-the-app/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 90"

else

do shell script "/real-path-to-the-app/fb-rotate -d 0 -r 0"

end if

repeat until ROTMODE is not equal to ORIENT

delay 1

set tabletNumber to 0
			set ROTMODE to orientation of tablet tabletNumber

end tell

end repeat

if ROTMODE = landscape then

set tablet area of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to {0, 0, 28518, 17468} as list

end if

if ROTMODE = portrait then

set tablet area of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to {3590, 160, 17800, 25500} as list

end if

end tell

tell application "EasyOnTheEyes"

quit

end tell

repeat until application "EasyOnTheEyes" is not running

delay 1

end repeat

run application "EasyOnTheEyes"

end run

Remember to change "real-path-to-the-app" to the fb-rotate on your machine.  :wink_anim:

"EasyOnTheEyes" is my quick night-mode mask. Too pity I don't know how to rotate it with AppleScript, so I shut it down and re-launch it to force it to the correct orientations.  :P  If you don't need it, please remove the lines from the script by yourself.  :lol:

My ATIV is XE700T1C-A02US, which is listed on the SAMSUNG official website, so it should be quite "typical" "standard" in specs including on-board devices and firmware, I guess.

However, I can't get the backlight to work like others do at first...

The RehabMan patch of IGPU seemed not accessible with MaciASL in recent days, so I have to add PNLF and LCD1234 manually by myself. After my twitches, the DSDT works successfully to get the backlight adjustable, the battery and the USB3 seemed working perfectly, but the ATIV failed to sleep...

I tried lots of solutions to make it sleep, and all of them failed. The only one working is from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298815-guide-samsung-ativ-700t-yosemite/page-1?hl=+xe700t1c

Thank you mactabletman, your DSDT works great in sleep !!

But this DSDT gives no backlight. I had tried everything to make it work, yet there is no backlight available.

Then I start to compare the 2 DSDTs of my original and this one from mactabletman for the possible differences, and find out that they vary a lot in many details. I don't know what on earth makes them looked so different, but in the last few lines of GFX0 I noticed something wrong:

OperationRegion (SNVS, SystemMemory, 0xDA09BF18, 0xD0)

from mactabletman's DSDT.

OperationRegion (SNVS, SystemMemory, 0xDA053F18, 0xD0)

from my DSDT.

So I changed mactabletman's DSDT to my addresses, BINGO ! Now I have backlight and sleep together on my ATIV finally.   :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

I don't really know what happened to the PM portion of mactabletman's DSDT, so I cannot explain why it works so perfect in sleep (No shxt, just like a real Mac do !). I think the modified DSDT may help some noob guys like me, so I upload it here and use at your own (risk) !!

DSDT.aml.zip

• Like 2

Have anyone ever tried 10.11 successfully with fully-working sleep or CPU turbo boosts on ATIV? Both failed on my 1st test drive few days ago and make me very upset.   :(

What is more, WACOM has not released any 10.11 drivers yet, and it seemed to be a long way before they do this:

http://us.wacom.com/elcapitan/?linkId=17413149

Looking forward to any good news coming soon...  :angel:

My ATIV is XE700T1C-A02US, which is listed on the SAMSUNG official website, so it should be quite "typical" "standard" in specs including on-board devices and firmware, I guess.

However, I can't get the backlight to work like others do at first...

The RehabMan patch of IGPU seemed not accessible with MaciASL in recent days, so I have to add PNLF and LCD1234 manually by myself. After my twitches, the DSDT works successfully to get the backlight adjustable, the battery and the USB3 seemed working perfectly, but the ATIV failed to sleep...

I tried lots of solutions to make it sleep, and all of them failed. The only one working is from here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/298815-guide-samsung-ativ-700t-yosemite/page-1?hl=+xe700t1c

Thank you mactabletman, your DSDT works great in sleep !!

But this DSDT gives no backlight. I had tried everything to make it work, yet there is no backlight available.

Then I start to compare the 2 DSDTs of my original and this one from mactabletman for the possible differences, and find out that they vary a lot in many details. I don't know what on earth makes them looked so different, but in the last few lines of GFX0 I noticed something wrong:

OperationRegion (SNVS, SystemMemory, 0xDA09BF18, 0xD0)

from mactabletman's DSDT.

OperationRegion (SNVS, SystemMemory, 0xDA053F18, 0xD0)

from my DSDT.

So I changed mactabletman's DSDT to my addresses, BINGO ! Now I have backlight and sleep together on my ATIV finally.   :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

I don't really know what happened to the PM portion of mactabletman's DSDT, so I cannot explain why it works so perfect in sleep (No shxt, just like a real Mac do !). I think the modified DSDT may help some noob guys like me, so I upload it here and use at your own (risk) !!

attachicon.gifDSDT.aml.zip

thanks for dsdt i use it on  OS X 10.11 and all is working fine.  just the sleep is not working. the computer wakeup immediately of the sleep and i am too noob in this i don't know how repair it. about the drivers for wacom i use the out of the box drivers of OS X. when wacom launch his drivers i test it. and for the turbo boosts how i manage to look if is working?. thanks and sorry for my bad english

edit: my processor is performing normally whit the ssdt i create on 10.10 minimum 800mhz maximum 2.50 ghz. only the sleep (i think its easy to fix) and the wacom drivers (wait that wacom launch)  to fully functionally in 10.11

@edwinvarelas:

I think you're right, the new USB limitations of 10.11 keep our ATIV from sleeping. 

You can try to solve that problem with these helps:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/306777-guide-usb-fix-el-capitan-1011/

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/308325-guide-1011-full-speed-usb-series-89-keeping-vanilla-sle/?p=2172365

Wish you good luck and good news to share with us !!   :D

@edwinvarelas:

Great !! You did it !!!   :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Yet I will wait for the coming WACOM drivers.   :)

BTW, I have changed the eraser tip to right-click successfully:

on run
		set screenNumber to 0
		set tabletNumber to 0
		set BTNFUNC to button function of button 4 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber
		if BTNFUNC is equal to auto erase then
			set button function of button 2 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to pan
			set button function of button 3 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to double click
			set button function of button 4 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to right click
		else
			set button function of button 2 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to right click
			set button function of button 3 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to double click
			set button function of button 4 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to auto erase
		end if
	end tell
end run

The buttons on the stylus will be switched between { click, right-click, double-click, auto-erase, } and { click, pan/scroll, double-click, right-click, } for better fit of drawing mode and browsing mode usages.  :P

• Like 1

@edwinvarelas:

Great !! You did it !!!   :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

Yet I will wait for the coming WACOM drivers.   :)

BTW, I have changed the eraser tip to right-click successfully:

on run
		set screenNumber to 0
		set tabletNumber to 0
		set BTNFUNC to button function of button 4 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber
		if BTNFUNC is equal to auto erase then
			set button function of button 2 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to pan
			set button function of button 4 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to right click
		else
			set button function of button 2 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to right click
			set button function of button 4 of transducer transducerNumber of tablet tabletNumber to auto erase
		end if
	end tell
end run

The buttons on the stylus will be switched between { click, right-click, double-click, auto-erase, } and { click, pan/scroll, double-click, right-click, } for better fit of drawing mode and browsing mode usages.  :P

i think wacom don't update the drivers soon. http://us.wacom.com/en/support/drivers/

Latest Drivers for Bamboo Tablets

Create, Capture, Connect, Splash Date Size   Windows - Driver 5.3.5-3 (XP, Vista, Win 7, 8 and 10) 08/20/2014 38.2 MB download

MacOSX - Driver 5.3.6-6 (10.8x - 10.11) 1/7/2015 29 MB download

• Like 1

@Leon Hong about sleep issues on 10.11:

There was a post about this but I think it was deleted. It solved my sleep issue. After linking Rehabman's ASL patches for dsdt on MaciASL, DO NOT PATCH the USB3 Multiplex as OP instruction, but rather DO PATCH "USB3_0x0D" . After following this my XE700T1C-A01 sleeps perfectly, just like a real mac, including deep sleep/hibernate.

@keiner99 post 48

TY muchos for sharing AppleHDA  and reset method. Many hours wasted trial and error until this. Problem for me was DSDT needed to be edited from this

Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DCKA,   1, 
                        Offset (0x01), 
                DCKM,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                DCKS,   1, 
                        Offset (0x08), 
                    ,   15, 
                PMES,   1
            }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                {
                    Return (Buffer (One)
                    {
                        0x03
                    })
                }

Return (Package (0x06)
                {
                    "layout-id", 
                    Buffer (0x04)
                    {
                        0x0C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00
                    }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                    Buffer (0x0A)
                    {
                        "onboard-1"
                    }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                    Buffer (Zero) {}
                })
            }
        }

to this

Device (HDEF)
        {
            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)
            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
            {
                DCKA,   1, 
                        Offset (0x01), 
                DCKM,   1, 
                    ,   6, 
                DCKS,   1, 
                        Offset (0x08), 
                    ,   15, 
                PMES,   1
            }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
            {
                Store (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                        Buffer (Zero) {}
                    }, Local0)
                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))
                Return (Local0)
            }

100% hardware working , Except Touchable Gestures in 10.11 

They working in 10.10 but not 10.11 . Ive purchased the software awhile back . Ive inquired about support but no reply  :thumbsdown_anim:  :no:

Anyone have multitouch gestures working in 10.11?

• Like 2

@Leon Hong about sleep issues on 10.11:

There was a post about this but I think it was deleted. It solved my sleep issue. After linking Rehabman's ASL patches for dsdt on MaciASL, DO NOT PATCH the USB3 Multiplex as OP instruction, but rather DO PATCH "USB3_0x0D" . After following this my XE700T1C-A01 sleeps perfectly, just like a real mac, including deep sleep/hibernate.

@keiner99 post 48

TY muchos for sharing AppleHDA and reset method. Many hours wasted trial and error until this. Problem for me was DSDT needed to be edited from this

Device (HDEF)        {            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)            {                DCKA,   1,                         Offset (0x01),                 DCKM,   1,                     ,   6,                 DCKS,   1,                         Offset (0x08),                     ,   15,                 PMES,   1            }            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)            {                If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))                {                    Return (Buffer (One)                    {                        0x03                    })                }                Return (Package (0x06)                {                    "layout-id",                     Buffer (0x04)                    {                        0x0C, 0x03, 0x00, 0x00                    },                     "hda-gfx",                     Buffer (0x0A)                    {                        "onboard-1"                    },                     "PinConfigurations",                     Buffer (Zero) {}                })            }        }
to this

Device (HDEF)        {            Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)            OperationRegion (HDAR, PCI_Config, 0x4C, 0x10)            Field (HDAR, WordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)            {                DCKA,   1,                         Offset (0x01),                 DCKM,   1,                     ,   6,                 DCKS,   1,                         Offset (0x08),                     ,   15,                 PMES,   1            }            Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)            {                Store (Package (0x06)                    {                        "layout-id",                         Buffer (0x04)                        {                            0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00                        },                         "hda-gfx",                         Buffer (0x0A)                        {                            "onboard-1"                        },                         "PinConfigurations",                         Buffer (Zero) {}                    }, Local0)                DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))                Return (Local0)            }
100% hardware working , Except Touchable Gestures in 10.11

They working in 10.10 but not 10.11 . Ive purchased the software awhile back . Ive inquired about support but no reply :thumbsdown_anim::no:

Anyone have multitouch gestures working in 10.11?

Yes in my laptop osx 10.11 the multitouch gestures its working fine. Try whit the wacom driver and uppd provided in my Lasts posts to test

edit: my sleep its working the first time after reset they sleep just fine but if i power off the laptop after sleep they power off the screen but the power led and fans don't power off. the second sleep after reset the power less don't go off and if i undock and dock the laptop the sleep broken.