Yosemite: Audio - Realtek ALC AppleHDA

toleda

793 posts in this topic

Notebook Acer Extensa 2510g

ALC283 (1 combo jack 3.5 headphone/microphone).

Unable to support codecs I don't own.  The ALC283 solution noted in this thread is for NUC and supports headphone only.  if headphone, works, consider adding the mic to the pathmap (Platforms.xml).

try to follow this instruction but i don't have "Config.plist" because I didn't use Clover and My Chameolon boot.plist

Wrong .plist, see Dolnor/EAPD-Codec-Commander

Unable to support codecs I don't own.  The ALC283 solution noted in this thread is for NUC and supports headphone only.  if headphone, works, consider adding the mic to the pathmap (Platforms.xml).

Thank you for your reply. However can you more specific where is this Info.plist which I need to modify. Thanks

Speaker working is fine!

Headphones working, bun with mono quality and noise with crackling. If turn off first or second channel, problem with mono quality is gone and this working!

Microphone (built-in) working is fine, but not working microphone, connected to combo jack (i not use microphone in jack). I would like to correct sound in headphone)

where is this Info.plist which I need to modify.

Xcode makes the kext and includes the Info.plist.  It is unlikely you will need to edit the .plist.

Headphones working, bun with mono quality and noise with crackling.

Microphone (built-in) working is fine, but not working microphone,

Issue with AppleHDA and the 283.  In my testing with the NUC (no longer available), audio worked correctly after a wake.  Other solutions may be mentioned in NUC threads, use Google search.  External mic will not work until it is added to the kext.

Xcode makes the kext and includes the Info.plist.  It is unlikely you will need to edit the .plist.

Thank you toleda for your help. After a little struggle, it now seems to work after waking up. Also want to extend my Thanks to TimeWalker75a.

Hi Toleda,

Is there anything in your command file that could have caused my laptop to get stuck while booting?

After installing the AppleHDA.kext- I ran your "audio_realtekALC-100_v1.04d.command"

It has caused Clover not to work (as OSX and even the OSX installer from USB both get stuck while booting).

Here's what I did:

1. Upgraded to 10.10.3. Rebooted.

2. Set audio to 1 in clover (inject)
2. Deleted all audio Kexts (S/L/E) and installed latest AppleHDA.kext. Rebooted.
3. Mounted my EFI partition, then ran toleda's .command. It executed without fault, and I rebooted.\

Now OSX get's stuck booting.

I tried removing new content from the config.plist. I installing using "-v" and this is what I got:

141261d1434565691t-clevo-p650se-sager-np

Any ideas?

2. Deleted all audio Kexts (S/L/E)

Any ideas?

Bad, very bad.  Do not delete any kexts from S/L/E. What guide are you using?

Audio edits do not cause boot problems.  The result of an audio problem is the Desktop and no audio devices.

Screenshot shows graphics is not loading.  Why nv_disable=1?

Suggest an install over the exiting install to replace deleted kexts.

• Like 1

Bad, very bad.  Do not delete any kexts from S/L/E. What guide are you using?

Audio edits do not cause boot problems.  The result of an audio problem is the Desktop and no audio devices.

Screenshot shows graphics is not loading.  Why nv_disable=1?

Suggest an install over the exiting install to replace deleted kexts.

Well a kind user guided me through it- I've learned my lesson. 

I have tried a re-install but the OSX installer (from my USB) freezes during loading too. So I presume installing the wrong kext has courpted my Clover setup? What can I try? Thanks

I have tried a re-install but the OSX installer (from my USB) freezes during loading too. 

Different problem.  USB Installer loads OS X into RAM; not effected by anything on or not on the disk.  What changed on the USB?

Make a new USB installer if the current Installer is not working.

Different problem.  USB Installer loads OS X into RAM; not effected by anything on or not on the disk.  What changed on the USB?

Make a new USB installer if the current Installer is not working.

When I said "All audio kexts" I just the AppleHDA.Kext (and a VoodooHDA I had installed too).

It might be a different problem- but isn't too much of a coincidence that both the installer & OSX OS both stop while loading (at the exact same time)? This was the USB I used to install OSX a month ago and it hasn't been touched since.

The only thing that makes sense is that something I did changed Clover itself- because clover no longer wants to boot anything OSX.

Hi

After trying everything, no audio from the Digital Out on my Rampage V. Device is seen, but no sound.

Attached are all the relevant files. Tried with/without the x99 plist additions, legacy and clover give the same prelink errors.

As I am using a 5960x, I can hazard a guess at the modified kernel & IOPCIFamily/AppleACPIPlatform kexts causing the script to fail.

Thanks for looking.

Archive.zip

After trying everything, no audio from the Digital Out on my Rampage V. Device is seen, but no sound.

Is sound working from the Green port?

Script completed successfully, kernel cache rebuild was not successful due to other kext problems.

Replace the ssdt with the ssdt from Post #237 Haswell-E mach_kernel patch (5960X, 5830K and 5820K) Yosemite - Page 12 - OSx86 10.10 (Yosemite) - InsanelyMac Forum.

Restart and reply with new IOReg.

Hi toleda,

OS X version/motherboard model/BIOS version/processor/graphics:  10.10.2 / GA-X99-UD5-WIFI / F10b / i7-5930K / R9 290X

Procedure/Guide Used: Clover Patch/http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/301585-haswell-e-mach-kernel-patch-5960x-5830k-and-5820k-yosemite/page-12?do=findComment&comment=2078817

Files attached.

After installing the patched AppleHDA.kext for version OS X 10.10.2, I see the sound devices. But there is no sound. When I playing a sound files via iTunes slider does not move.

Without npci=0x2000 (recommendation from MIrone) system don't load.

If I installing AppleHDA from http://www.tonymacx86.com/attachments/yosemite-desktop-guides/113806d1416036368-haswell-e-x99-motherboard-temporary-guide-os-x-10-10-working_audio.zip or doing Clover Path for AppleHDA.kext version10.9.4 then audio is work and iTunes also work, but HDMI not work.

10.10.2-Toleda.zip

there is no sound. When I playing a sound files via iTunes slider does not move.

HDMI not work.

config.plist/ACPI/DSDT/Fixes/NewWay_80000000/Yes; no sound, remove.

HDMI audio; edit dsdt/BR3A/HDAU/onboard-1 to onboard-2

Toleda - Thank to you, I have audio working on Yosemite. There is however one problem. I get no sound out from the Green (line Output) socket on my Z97X-UD7 TH Mbd.

This shows up in Mavericks just the same. The IOReg file seems to have no errors. When I enter System Prefs>Sound - I have two Line Outs showing that I can choose from.

That doesn't seem correct. When I choose internal speaker - I get sound output. What thoughts do you have about this. Thank you for your help.

Toleda - In the change log - on the first page of this post it is listed -

1. v2.1- 8/12/2014 - 9 Series/EAPD added to 887, 892, 898, 1150, credit: kidalive

Is this already implemented in the ALC1150 modified AppleHDA.kext after running the script?

My problem isn't caused by sleep and wake. It boots up without sound out of the line output connector?

toleda, In AppleHDA.kext version 10.10.2 I replace AppleHDAController.kext and DspFuncLib.kext (dependencies from AppleHDAController ) from version 10.9.4 and sound from green out work. It seems the problem is AppleHDAController. Audio outputs will test tomorrow.

It boots up without sound out of the line output connector?

The amp is not powered up. The change log notes EADP pin config is set, necessary and not sufficient.  Codec Commander does EADP, in addition to starting AppleHDA upon wake.  See the README for linked repo.

toleda, In AppleHDA.kext version 10.10.2 I replace AppleHDAController.kext and DspFuncLib.kext (dependencies from AppleHDAController ) from version 10.9.4 and sound from green out work. It seems the problem is AppleHDAController. Audio outputs will test tomorrow.

Interesting.