JahStories

769 posts in this topic

hello

for now my real problem .. the 2º stage only show in verbose

if it show without verbose .. for me is good

black screen with progress bar .. then 2º stage from boot.efi

that make my day

good hack

SunKi please can you make it so it loads the logo from the theme root  folder so if we change theme the logo will still be displayed?

yes, it should not be difficult

like this:

EFI_FILE         *RootThemeDir = NULL;
    SelfRootDir->Open(SelfRootDir, &RootThemeDir, L"EFI\\CLOVER\\themes", EFI_FILE_MODE_READ, 0);
    EG_IMAGE         *Logo = egLoadImage(RootThemeDir, L"appleLogo_apple_white.png", TRUE);
  • Like 2

This may be a Clover/graphics question and not actually related to the boot logo but I here's what I get.  The first photo is the first stage boot and the second photo is the second stage boot.  Anything I can do to fix the graphics in the second stage boot?

post-270804-0-51097600-1405093821_thumb.jpg  post-270804-0-82671800-1405093837_thumb.jpg

And so does background and icons :D

Again the logo files are not related to the theme, it was simply a convenient place to store the file(s). The boot logo loads after any theme is shown so what will some theme setting gonna do for this?

i used 

Again the logo files are not related to the theme, it was simply a convenient place to store the file(s). The boot logo loads after any theme is shown so what will some theme setting gonna do for this?

i used yours and it works perfect no issues 

little off topic :)

i made a clover theme that perfectly matches new black boot :D

hope you guys like it!

Same here my black animed  themes 

I hope you like this themes 

perfect  fit with the White Apple  :rofl:  :lol:

also i found if we set nvram variable BackgroundClear to 0 then we have grey boot progress bar and black theme 2 stage boot process.

if we don't set BackgroundClear then progress bar will be black and 2 stage from grey theme.

so i did it in bareBoot (my boot loader) and users have ability choose theme for boot process.

its work for me ;)

if (gSettings.YoBlack) {
    Status = gRS->SetVariable (
                    L"BackgroundClear",
                    &gEfiAppleNvramGuid,
                    EFI_VARIABLE_BOOTSERVICE_ACCESS | EFI_VARIABLE_RUNTIME_ACCESS,
                    sizeof (BackgroundClear),
                    &BackgroundClear
                  );
  }
  • Like 6

This is actually really cool that it's a PNG because that means we can use whatever we want for the logo. Also I can't tell cause I haven't done this yet on my vivobook, but isn't that a gray logo in the themes folder in the screenshot? I'm assuming that's the one that's not replaced yet then. Thanks for the code, this is really awesome. I don't mind that it's not "vanilla" at all because it looks and acts exactly the same as a real Mac so I don't see any problem with that.