158 posts in this topic

So I tried the 3rd way, for clover. Although I put in what you wrote, when i rebooted trim was not enabled. So i checked the plist and the values had changed themselves to

Find* [HEX] - AE0F00000000000A  

and

Replace* [HEX] AAAAAAAAAAAAAA0A

It did this twice even after rebooting twice. Out of curiosity I went to look in my system/library/extensions and I couldn't even find a IOAHCIBlockStorage kext. Is this my problem? Why don't I have one and where can i get one? Or am I just doing something insanely wrong? I'm a total noob. thanks.

So I tried the 3rd way, for clover. Although I put in what you wrote, when i rebooted trim was not enabled. So i checked the plist and the values had changed themselves to

Find* [HEX] - AE0F00000000000A  

and

Replace* [HEX] AAAAAAAAAAAAAA0A

It did this twice even after rebooting twice. Out of curiosity I went to look in my system/library/extensions and I couldn't even find a IOAHCIBlockStorage kext. Is this my problem? Why don't I have one and where can i get one? Or am I just doing something insanely wrong? I'm a total noob. thanks.

The third method has been tested by a lot of people (in this thread there are a lot of them. I'm using this method from Mavericks. 

The kext is located at /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

The third method has been tested by a lot of people (in this thread there are a lot of them. I'm using this method from Mavericks. 

The kext is located at /System/Library/Extensions/IOAHCIFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/IOAHCIBlockStorage.kext

Okay i found that the kext does exist but it still won't enable and changes to what i wrote before. I was doing this through clover configurator. When I open the plist directly without clover configurator it says this:

<key>KextsToPatch</key>

<array>
<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>TRIM Enabler</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>
rg8AAAAAAAo=
</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>
qqqqqqqqqgo=
</data>
</dict>

Is this my problem? Should I just change it here manually? If so, any idea why clover configurator is changing it like it is?

Okay i found that the kext does exist but it still won't enable and changes to what i wrote before. I was doing this through clover configurator. When I open the plist directly without clover configurator it says this:

KextsToPatch

Comment
TRIM Enabler
Find
rg8AAAAAAAo=
Name
IOAHCIBlockStorage
Replace
qqqqqqqqqgo=

Is this my problem? Should I just change it here manually? If so, any idea why clover configurator is changing it like it is?

If you want to use Clover Configurator you must put the value as Data. You have entered it as base64 string. The third methos shows you how to put the patch directly in config.plist without use of clover configurator.

So, if you want to use Clover Configurator go to Kernel and Kext Patches add a new row and

in name put IOAHCIBlockStorage

in find hex put 004150504C452053534400

in replace hex put 0000000000000000000000

in comment you can write what you want (a description for example)

in InfoPlistPatch leave it as is (unchecked)

Then save and reboot.

• Like 1

If you want to use Clover Configurator you must put the value as Data. You have entered it as base64 string. The third methos shows you how to put the patch directly in config.plist without use of clover configurator.

So, if you want to use Clover Configurator go to Kernel and Kext Patches add a new row and

in name put IOAHCIBlockStorage

in find hex put 004150504C452053534400

in replace hex put 0000000000000000000000

in comment you can write what you want (a description for example)

in InfoPlistPatch leave it as is (unchecked)

Then save and reboot.

Haha okay, that was silly. I'm obviously very new.

That worked perfectly and my boot was super fast! Thanks so much for your guide and for your fast responses.

(ps. might I suggest for the sake of noobs, putting this part about how to do it with clover configurator in the original guide? maybe?)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for this great guide.  I have two Samsung 740 SSD 256GB drives one for windows 8 and other for OSX 10.1.1.   I have clover UEFI on the OSX drive.  I enabled trim method 3.   I see this message on every boot.  The message appears 3 times and I cannot figure out why?

The Disk You Inserted Was Not Readable by This Computer, initialize, Ignore or Eject.  I tried all three and it does nothing.  Could it be the trim enabler patch is not enough and I need the trim enabler kext or not?  I tried a google search but most questions are for a corrupted flash drive etc.

OSX runs fine but that message comes up on every boot.  At first I did remove a flash drive improperly and wonder if I should refresh the cache if for some reason it remains in the cache or not?

Thanks

Does the message come on the osx drive or windows drive? If osx check you don't have partitions on it that osx cannot read.

My fault really sorry I had 3 WD black unformatted drives I forgot about.  I formatted them and those messages went away.  I completely forgot they were connected and freaked out over nothing.

Thanks

Among others setting I have the following on config.plist KernelAndKextPatches section. However the TRIM Support always set to No.

Until I manually patch the binary using the second method. 

I still want to have it patched by Clover if possible. Any idea what is wrong? Clover version is 3055.

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
		<False/>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelCpu</key>
		<false/>
		key>KernelPm</key>
                <true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				RXh0ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				SW50ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				i4eMAQAA
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				uA8AAACQ
				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Handoff Fix</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>

Among others setting I have the following on config.plist KernelAndKextPatches section. However the TRIM Support always set to No.

Until I manually patch the binary using the second method. 

I still want to have it patched by Clover if possible. Any idea what is wrong? Clover version is 3055.

<key>KernelAndKextPatches</key>
	<dict>
		<key>AppleRTC</key>
		<true/>
		<key>AsusAICPUPM</key>
		<False/>
		<key>Debug</key>
		<false/>
		<key>KernelCpu</key>
		<false/>
		key>KernelPm</key>
                <true/>
		<key>KextsToPatch</key>
		<array>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>AppleAHCIPort</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				RXh0ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				SW50ZXJuYWw=
				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>External icons patch</string>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA=
				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
			</dict>
			<dict>
				<key>Name</key>
				<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
				<key>Find</key>
				<data>
				i4eMAQAA
				</data>
				<key>Replace</key>
				<data>
				uA8AAACQ
				</data>
				<key>Comment</key>
				<string>Handoff Fix</string>
			</dict>
		</array>
	</dict>

That's strange !

I've got the same values in my config.plist with clover 3050 and my two SSD have the TRIM enabled.

Do you have AHCI enable in your bios ? (I'm not sure it's related...)

• Like 1

That's strange !

I've got the same values in my config.plist with clover 3050 and my two SSD have the TRIM enabled.

Do you have AHCI enable in your bios ? (I'm not sure it's related...)

Thanks for the hint, I reviewed that plist section and there are 2 things:

- one of the key had the value set to False ==> changed to false

- one of the tag was malformed : key> ==> fixed this to <key>

I copied back the original binary, run the kextcache -prelinked-kernel, and reboot, TRIM now is set to YES

• Like 1

Thanks for the hint, I reviewed that plist section and there are 2 things:

- one of the key had the value set to False ==> changed to false

- one of the tag was malformed : key> ==> fixed this to <key>

I copied back the original binary, run the kextcache -prelinked-kernel, and reboot, TRIM now is set to YES

Well Done :D

i don't use clover so what is best method for me? I see method 2 and 4. How will i get in using method 4? Will i just type -v or -x when booting? I am not by my computer so can't test out yet. 

I have chameleon but my hackintosh boots straight from apple logo screen like real mac will -x or -v still work? Need to fix this asap thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Does Clovers kext-patching disable signing? Or does it manage to keep it enabled due to the fact that it makes the patching to the cache?

Follow up: Is there a way to verify the kext-dev-mode status?

No, Clover patch the kext on-the-fly so you don't need kext-dev-mode to enable patched kext, but you need FakeSMC.kext and this needs kext-dev-mode. Add it as arguments in clover or as option. Use clover configurator to do this.

If you have FakeSMC.kext loaded and the system boots fine the kext-dev-mode is enabled.

No, Clover patch the kext on-the-fly so you don't need kext-dev-mode to enable patched kext, but you need FakeSMC.kext and this needs kext-dev-mode. Add it as arguments in clover or as option. Use clover configurator to do this.

If you have FakeSMC.kext loaded and the system boots fine the kext-dev-mode is enabled.

I know that I don't need to set the kext-dev-mode myself when patching with clover, but I was a littlest curious if clover automatically enables this when you choose to patch something.

And about that FakeSMC-thingy. That can't be correct. I have booted just fine with FakeSMC and its plugins in clover/kexts/10.10 (or other) since Yosemite release. Injection of course, thats the only way i would do it.