Bluetooth on Hackintosh

121 posts in this topic

Hi,

In Dell studio laptops there is an intagrated dell 370 bluetooth card (BCM2046B1) which is recognised as an USB periph in system information but can not work ;

The external bluetooth light is off but when i uninstall bluetooth Vista driver (i'm dualbooting) and reboot on OSX the light is on... and my phone can "see" my computer, but can not connect (need a code). In OSX i can not find any bluetooth options and when i want to use The "bluetooth exchange file utility" (translation from french...) it says there is no bluetooth stuff connected or installed on the computer...

Any advices would be kind

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

it might be important for every bluetooth user on hackintosh

it was discovered on ASUS F5SL, where bluez was crashing frequently due to old version of AppleSMBIOS installed.

things has changed after installing corresponding new version of AppleSIMBIOS667(for such particular ASUS model)

now bluetooth is always working one

i have a trust dongle. had a hard time to get it working under windows xp several months ago. and under os x.. it was amazing how quickly and smoothly it worked out of the box. plus syncing you mobile phone is incredibly easy - also out of the box.

i reckon you should buy a quality dongle, and it will just work.

greg

osx seems to handle bluetooth far better. I had the same problem. It wouldn't even work in vista and confusing to search chinese sites for xp drivers, but it worked OOB with mac and mac bluetooth client is awsome. Most dongless seem to work OOB, even on hackintosh.

i have one of these dongles (as pictured above) 100M 2.4G USB 2.0 Bluetooth Dongle V2.0 EDR Adapter PC

picture

My hack is able to send files to my powerbook and my mobile phone (se w800i) but cannot recieve anything from any source.

I am running leo4all updated to 10.5.5 with the patched combo update using the vanilla kernel 9.5.0. system specs are in my sig

any ideas as to what might be going on?

Hi,

I have a bluetooth USB dongle and it only works in "safe mode" (booting with -x). In normal mode, the "/usr/sbin/blued" process crashes repeteadly and continuously. I have deleted "com.apple.bluetooth.plist" and rebooted. No changes: the same problem. The menu bar icon says: "Bluetooth: no disponible" (yes, in spanish, like me ;-).

Anyone with the same problem? Any solution? Any idea?.

Thanks in advance!!!

P.S. Sorry, my english is very poor. I can write it in spanish if someboby needs it...

Hi

I have the Logitec Di Novo keyboard with bluetooth hub. Unfortunately the Logitech hub is not recognized by OSX. The mouse and keyboard do work but OSX says "no BT device."

I also have the DBT-120 which works well on OSX. Once flashed with the Apple firmware it won't work on Windows anymore.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Sitecom CN-521 Bluetooth 2.0 USB Adapter - v2 001

Works OOB, tested w/ Nokia 2630 mobile phone and iSync plugin. I do not have headsets to test with :(

It is a Toshiba brand, w/ Cambridge Silicon Radio chip (CSR BC04, see Data sheet) Class 1 Bluetooth v2.0+EDR compliant ;)

I began reading the present thread and this one. "Some third-party USB Adapters are not fully compatible with Macs (despite what they claim on the box). Pairing and File Transfers usually work ok, but syncing does not." :( It is crucial to have iSync working.

Yesterday I went to a megastore and began looking on every System Profiler of the bunch of Macs there :D iMacs were Broadcom, so were Airs and MBPros, but there was a white MacBook4,1 running 10.5.5 (priced 949 Euro, btw) w/ Manufacturer: Cambridge Silicon Radio :dev:

Apple only supports the internal Bluetooth modules supplied as standard with their Macs. They are Broadcom or Cambridge Silicon Radio: see and see (csr, as sometimes can bee seen on the chip if the the plastic shell is enough transparent :whistle: In my country kind a like dongles are sold as Klever make. They are very close in shape and board to the blue one picture posted above Post #91).

It has to be noted that even the D-Link DBT-120 adaptor with hardware version of C1 or later can have problems w/ waking from sleep: see and see.

Finally :Dthis article. This guy can be knowledge helpful on components and if you read through the links our community is cited, too ;-)

All links have been TinyURLed for safety reason.

• 5 months later...

Hi there. I have a Broadcom 2045 bluetooth dongle but it wont work on Mac OSx 10.5.3 everything works great except this usb dongle. (my Dell Inspiron 1525 doesnt have built-in usb)

BCM2045B2:

Version: 1.00

Bus Power (mA): 500

Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Broadcom

Product ID: 0x4500

Vendor ID: 0x0a5c

BCM2045B3 ROM:

Bus Power (mA): 132

Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp

Product ID: 0x4502

BCM2045B3 ROM:

Bus Power (mA): 132

Manufacturer: Broadcom Corp

Product ID: 0x4503

As you may know, product and vendor ID are on hexadecimal, I convert them to decimal, to know the values, and edited the Info.plist on:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext/Contents

Because of vendor Id matches, I just changed the product id to match. But after reboot it doesnt work, and while booting, with -v, no error found about bluetooth.

So I don't know. It is probably a mistake to change the kexts info.plist like that, but I dont know programming kexts in xCode, so I wont do it. But i need some Mac Kexts or Drivers for it!!

I forgot to say that when I plug my dongle the light turns on permanently (blue led). And Mac prompts Keyboard Setup Assistant... :S help

Anyone has an idea?

Hi there. I have a Broadcom 2045 bluetooth dongle but it wont work on Mac OSx 10.5.3 everything works great except this usb dongle. (my Dell Inspiron 1525 doesnt have built-in usb)

As you may know, product and vendor ID are on hexadecimal, I convert them to decimal, to know the values, and edited the Info.plist on:

/System/Library/Extensions/IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext/Contents

Because of vendor Id matches, I just changed the product id to match. But after reboot it doesnt work, and while booting, with -v, no error found about bluetooth.

So I don't know. It is probably a mistake to change the kexts info.plist like that, but I dont know programming kexts in xCode, so I wont do it. But i need some Mac Kexts or Drivers for it!!

I forgot to say that when I plug my dongle the light turns on permanently (blue led). And Mac prompts Keyboard Setup Assistant... :S help

Anyone has an idea?

Also have the same problem. Has no one found a way to have proper BT support for this device? every post regarding this has been left unanswered.

The fact is that the solution is so close to us, but we cant see it. I think, name, product and vendor ID must match. Only product ID doesnt match.

The original kexts comes with vendor ID of this Bluetooth and the name (Broadcom 2045)... but for some reason, beyond the vendor ID mismatch, it is not working...

• 2 months later...

andy i'm using DBT-120, Snow Leopard seems to have broke my wake with BT keyboard/mouse. In bluetooth/advanced my allow bluetooth to wake computer has been greyed out since moving from 10.5.x i suspect apple has dropped support for the DBT since i believe all intel macs support integrated bluetooth.

let me know if you find a fix

• 1 month later...

Apple have a update for Bluetooth

http://support.apple.com/downloads/Bluetoo...re_Update_2_0_1

This update is included in later system, my ASUS P5K Pro with OSX 10.5.8 runs Broadcom BCM2045 dongle without problem, iSync and filesharing works with sony ericsson mobile, (latest ericsson isync plug 1.0)

I have a iPC install, I have not change to the kext for the bluetooth.

For the records: I got myself a Sitecom CN-516 Bluetooth USB 2.0 module just today. Plugged it into my Hackintosh, rebooted and had the Bluetooth PrefPane showing in System Preferences. Since I just tried connections to my iPhone, I cannot really estimate whether any other peripherals would work with this bt-stick... Will check back though, as soon as I get my hands on my pre-ordered Magic Mouse... :-)

edit #1: works with headset (tested with motorola h680)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just a heads up for Nokia users. If you can't get bluetooth to work (like me :rolleyes: ) there may be an alternative.

http://europe.nokia.com/support/product-su...-to/using_isync

I was able to successfully sync my Nokia 5630 via USB using PC suite connection and isync. I simply could not get my bluetooth to work with a generic BT 2.0 dongle on my hackintosh with SL, though it works fine on my Powerbook G4 in Tiger.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I want to share my experiences with USB Bluetooth dongles and an Apple Magic Mouse with you guys. I purchased the Magic Mouse and bought a noname USB dongle, and of course I ran into troubles (mouse wouldn't work after wakeup). After some googling, I decided to buy the Targus Bluetooth USB dongle, the older, grey and long one.

The doongle works perfectly fine with the mouse. It also works when I put the computer into sleep-mode and wake it up pushing the power-button. Unfortunately I can't wakeup my hackintosh by using the mouse itself. But then I ran into another trouble: when booting up the hackintosh, it would just freeze at checking the ram and boot again on its own. I unplugged the Bluetooth dongle and the computer was able to boot-up again.

I did some tests and found out, that if I unplug my Apple Aluminum keyboard and keep the Bluetooth dongle plugged, my computer would boot-up properly. So then I decided play with some BIOS-settings and I was successful: I DISABLED the following functions: - USB Mouse function; - USB Keyboard function; - USB Mass Storage function. These are to be found in the integrated peripherals section of your Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard. These functions should enable support for legacy peripherals. The reason I had enabled them in the first place was because without enabling them I wasn't able to load the CD-bootloader from Kakewalk, respectively Chameleon (he has a Post in this forum) in order to get a vanilla install of Snow Leopard loading.

Now everything works perfect. By the way: The Kakewalk-install is really dead-simple, just use exact the same BIOS settings that Adam proposed on Lifehacker. Integrated Sound, Sleep/Wakeup, QE/CI. I just can say: It just works ;-)

Here is the setup of my Hackintosh:

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P

RAM: Patriot 4 GB Kit DDR2 800 MHz (2 x 2 GB Kit) (Model: PDC24G6400ELK)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93 GHz

Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce 9800 GT Silent Cell 1GB DDR3 (GV-N98TSL-1GI)

DVD/Burner: LG GH22NS

Power: BeQuiet! Straight Power E7 450 Watt

Tower: Lian Li PC-A05NB Midi tower

CPU-cooler: Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme Rev. C Heatsink