Ozmosis

xpamamadeus
6,231 posts in this topic

Read this: #5039 post, use Clover Configurator to update your 14,2 date and S/N version for your OzmosisDefaults, and post screenshots before and after, to know if really FakeSMC make glitch

thx for the prompt reply and assistance. changed that and my SMBIOS to iMac 15,1 and now fully loading into 10.13 ;)

HBP

I cleared bootargs. Now:

After you have done comparing the values of (BootArgs '0xBB33B000' & kernel '0xB87D3000') in patcher & Ozmosis log and they are all matched but still pointing to the wrong address, I have no other words to say. Im no longer work with current project at repo ATM. Hope this man / other could help you.. by improving this 'bad' block?

Patcher log:

10:341 (00:000) | KernelAndKextPatcherInit: Start
10:347 (00:005) | Found BootArgs at 0xBB33B000
10:347 (00:000) | RelocBase: 0xB85D3000
10:347 (00:000) | Found 64Bit kernel at 0xB87D3000

Ozmosis log:

10:033 00:010 Found BootArgs 0xBB33B000 Version 0x2 Revision 0x0
10:037 00:004 Found Darwin Kernel Version 16.7.0: Thu Jun 15 17:36:27 PDT 2017; root:xnu-3789.70.16~2/RELEASE_X86_64 0xB87D3000 Kernelcache

Here I recompile it again with some extra infos & sample log.

• Like 1

ammoune78, on 12 Oct 2017 - 3:53 PM, said:snapback.png

Read this: #5039 post, use Clover Configurator to update your 14,2 date and S/N version for your OzmosisDefaults, and post screenshots before and after, to know if really FakeSMC make glitch

thx for the prompt reply and assistance. changed that and my SMBIOS to iMac 15,1 and now fully loading into 10.13 ;)

HBP

so I have again run into an interesting error. this setup works on Clover (my backbootloader) but when I implement it onto my Ozmosis settings I get blank screen no signal problem. it still boots into the system (I can remote into it) but no screens.  I have NvidiaGraphicsFixup installed in the ROM, but that doesn't;'t seem to be effecting ether 10.12.5(my main drive) or 10.13 (my test bench). Would really love to get Oz working so that I don't have to rely on Clover to work right.

also, what file formate do I need to have the Extra Kexts(that don't fit in ROM) to have Oz see and parse them?thinking of striping my Oz rom to simply Oz, APFS, injector, and leaving the rest of the FakeSMC and other mods to the /EFI/Oz/Darwin/Extensions directory.

in that folder what file format does Oz expect? Kext or FFS or do I have to create an additional kext folder somewhere to get the kexts on disk to be usable by Ozmosis?

just updated to the Ozmosis version that has been floating around that said it was HS compliment, but can still run 894M osmosis as well.

the Softraid bootability from 894M makes it so that if the information (overides/kexts) are correct you can load APFS drives from it, they act like software raid disks and boot like CoreStorage containers.

lost in thought. I would like to get Ozmosis Rock solid before changing my Fusion main drive to 10.13.

HBP

Thank you very much

the AcpiPatcher seems to work well.

two things:

1.unlike clover, it also patch the ssdt in /EFI/OZ/ACPI/LOAD

2.the AcpiPatcherLog.txt not showing anything related to acpi

00:100 (00:100) | KernextPatcher (rev 93): Start at 2017.10.14, 15:47:52 (GMT+0)00:100 (00:000) | Running from: MemoryMapped(0xB,0xC0672004,0xC14C8003)/FvFile(99665243-5AED-4D57-92AF-8C785FBC7558)
00:101 (00:001) | Loaded Plist: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,2F1C32E4-C0E8-4AA8-B446-9083BC297831,0x28,0x64000)\EFI\KernextPatcher.plist
00:101 (00:000) | KextsToPatch: 3 requested
00:101 (00:000) |  - [00]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (Remove USB limit MacOS HighSierra) | MatchOS: 10.13.x | BinPatch | len: 4
00:101 (00:000) |  - [01]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (Remove USB limit MacOS Sierra) | MatchOS: 10.12.x | BinPatch | len: 7
00:101 (00:000) |  - [02]: AirPortAtheros40 (Wi-Fi Region to 0x64) | BinPatch | len: 7

Thank you very much

the AcpiPatcher seems to work well.

two things:

00:100 (00:100) | KernextPatcher (rev 93): Start at 2017.10.14, 15:47:52 (GMT+0)00:100 (00:000) | Running from: MemoryMapped(0xB,0xC0672004,0xC14C8003)/FvFile(99665243-5AED-4D57-92AF-8C785FBC7558)
00:101 (00:001) | Loaded Plist: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1F,0x2)/Sata(0x0,0xFFFF,0x0)/HD(1,GPT,2F1C32E4-C0E8-4AA8-B446-9083BC297831,0x28,0x64000)\EFI\KernextPatcher.plist
00:101 (00:000) | KextsToPatch: 3 requested
00:101 (00:000) |  - [00]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (Remove USB limit MacOS HighSierra) | MatchOS: 10.13.x | BinPatch | len: 4
00:101 (00:000) |  - [01]: AppleUSBXHCIPCI (Remove USB limit MacOS Sierra) | MatchOS: 10.12.x | BinPatch | len: 7
00:101 (00:000) |  - [02]: AirPortAtheros40 (Wi-Fi Region to 0x64) | BinPatch | len: 7

Clover patches SSDT as well but in another folder.

Clover patches SSDT as well but in another folder.

Far as I know, isnt Clover will patch all loaded ssdts unless user decided to drop oem ssdt? >>>

Thats why Clover have this such of messages:

12:627 (00:000) | :: PatchAllSSDT
12:627 (00:000) | Patching Table ID: 'SataTabl' | Len: 0x877
12:627 (00:000) |  - [00]: (GFX0 [to] GFX2) (47465830 -> 47465832) bin not Found / already patched!

Im not sure what 'another folder' is :)

You may try another build here. Prev it used same instance of Clover Memlog lib.

Any way to boot Sierra/High Sierra with SIP enabled?

With Oz, sorry I believe no.

Ok, whats the trick in getting Oz (my version) to work with High Sierra, 

:king:  :hammer:  :wallbash:  :boxing:  :geek:  :happymac:

AcpiPatcher. Sample included.

Thank you very much! Did I correctly understand, that I should to insert AB6CE992-8D17-4C3A-A414-0FEAA3904504.ffs and AcpiPatcher.plist into the Ozmosis, then flash it and place AcpiPatcherLog.tht in the EFI folder for correct use of AcpiPatcher? Or AcpiPatcher.plist should olso be in the EFI folder?

Hi cecekpawon,

is one of your extensions able to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (AsusAICPUPM) dynamically at boot?

With a new hack, I'm using ozmosis.efi from EFI. I got HS installed with the help of NullCPUPowerManagement.kext, then I patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and removed NullCPUPowerManagement.kext to get working PM.
But this way I can't start Recovery...

Any help?

Far as I know, isnt Clover will patch all loaded ssdts unless user decided to drop oem ssdt?

Clover patches all SSDT's in firmware but not those which are loaded from EFI folder (from my experience).

Both approach are fine of course,

Just mean I can't share same ssdt between Clover and Oz.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

You can flash the ffs, but plist must be in one of your EFI folder. Patcher will start to looking its config from self dir / 1st founded ESP (like previously release). PatcherLog.txt will automatically created. I suggest to play safe first by bcfg the driver instead of flashing it. Please reload your current KernextPatcher (if any, due the MemLog problem mentioned above) to work with this AcpiPatcher. >>>

• Like 1

is one of your extensions able to patch AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (AsusAICPUPM) dynamically at boot?

But this way I can't start Recovery...

As long the kext is on prelinked, yes. About recovery >>> I dont have HS :)

Clover patches all SSDT's in firmware but not those which are loaded from EFI folder (from my experience).

Both approach are fine of course,

Just mean I can't share same ssdt between Clover and Oz.

I take a look the source again and yeah you are right. Clover will patch all ssdt and load user ssdt right after. Please take my beer..

I think it could be done, by start patching all loaded OEM tables (or just indexing em all as filters to patch later) immediately after successfully reading user config instead of after exitbootservices, but why?

If I start this proc on exitbootservices I can convinced the loaded image is valid darwin boot.efi to prevent applying patch to other OS, but with another problem Oz already done injecting all user tables.

Do you have any concrete example and its benefit to only patching OEM tables?

Im start thinking to add another plist entry (like drop table) as filters by each signatures to ignored. But man..

It's doesn't really matter to me, just one drawback is I need different ssdt for clover and Oz.

I use (among others)

GFX0-->IGPU

PEGP-->GFX0

In clover my ssdt is already using the modified devices for injsction.

If I use the same ssdt with Oz I have two devices named IGPU.

So my ssdt with Oz still use PEGP and GFX0

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

It's doesn't really matter to me, just one drawback is I need different ssdt for clover and Oz.

Yes as I expected. After we were done renaming device name with patcher, our custom ssdt should pointing to wrong device. Thats why I will stick to this way ATM since its make more sense for me to patch all loaded ssdts. But maybe I will find more convenience way later..

Yes, I add a boot entry for the recovery with bcfg from shell.

You can mount your recovery and check the targeted kext is on prelinkedkernel with LZVN decompressor or check your log with Debug ON to list all kexts. More..

/Volumes/Recovery HD/com.apple.recovery.boot/prelinkedkernel
<key>Preferences</key>
<dict>
  <key>Debug</key>
  <true/>
  <key>SaveLogToFile</key>
  <true/>
</dict>
  • Like 1

This thread was made by a hacker. Its 'ilegally' taken from QUO bios get shared for everyone. Im bit late to join the party, whereas fun part is on earliest pages on this thread. I believe Ozmosis designed as professional product, but it seem halted for a while before it reaches their main goal.

I get slap this time, sorry DF, Im just too dumb.

About APFS, ATM, why dont we just learn like unsupported mac did? Even real mac, they manually load all required drivers from disk. While most people here refuse to do the same ways.

Here the related contents from dosdude1s script

hey bro,there is no "APFS Boot Selector.prefPane" and "BOOTX64.efi" in the zip file.

how can i use it??????

just found startup.nsh

hey god,i search it ,no result. :P  :P  :P  :P  :P

just found startup.nsh

is this ?

echo -off
set StartupDelay 1
set -v efishellmode 1.1.2
set apfsBootUUIDdir ".apfsbootuuid"
set macOSBootFile "System\Library\CoreServices\boot.efi"
set targetUUID "A43465F6-5134-3A38-A3D1-9171AAFB3C02"
for %i run (0 9)
if exist fs%i:\EFI\apfs.efi then
load fs%i:\EFI\apfs.efi
connect -r
map -u
endif
endfor
for %m run (0 9)
if exist "fs%m:\%apfsBootUUIDdir%\%targetUUID%" then
echo "Starting macOS..."
fs%m:\%macOSBootFile%
exit
endif
endfor
for %l in A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
if exist "fs%l:\%apfsBootUUIDdir%\%targetUUID%" then
echo "Starting macOS..."
fs%l:\%macOSBootFile%
exit
else
if %l == Z then
echo "Boot file not found, exiting..."
endif
endif
endfor

This is a complete file:

apfs.zip

Please tolerate my pending performance :P  :P  :P  :P  :P 

You can flash the ffs, but plist must be in one of your EFI folder. Patcher will start to looking its config from self dir / 1st founded ESP (like previously release). PatcherLog.txt will automatically created. I suggest to play safe first by bcfg the driver instead of flashing it. Please reload your current KernextPatcher (if any, due the MemLog problem mentioned above) to work with this AcpiPatcher. >>>

So It isn't most suitable for me. Clover patches DSDT.aml in firmware, bat config.plist is located in EFI folder. And I need that config.plist also be in the firmware. But thanks anyway!