• Please log in to reply
1882 replies to this topic

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

USB 3.0.

I've just installed 828M, but I see it was happening earlier on 820M at least. After a fresh boot or restart, the front panel USB3.0 connector work correctly under control of XHCI at 5Gb/s. After waking from sleep, there is an error in system.log :

kernel[0]: USBF:    2619.241    AppleUSBXHCI::RestoreControllerStateFromSleep - Error restoring controller state USBSTS = 0x401

and the USB3.0 is now controlled by EHCI instead of XHCI and down to 480Mb/s.

I tried toggling the XHCI handover in the BIOS, bu the machine locked up when I plugged in the external drive.

My case has no USB 3.0 front panel, I will get the cable separate and investigate...

AFAIK I have to repeat myself, but providing dumps will help in/to solve some of the issues, as you can see at this moment I can't reproduce your bug, you didn't mentioned the OS version, the bug may be caused by your specific usb adapter and so on...

just installed 828M bios. now sleep works and HDMI Sound. only no volume control  from toolbar 

thats no big deal for me . 

Digital audio, that includes HDMI audio, has no control from toolbar, blame Apple for that, but is not a hack thing....

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 306 posts

KING. Im very happy. from what i see in about my mac. new bois changed the personality to vervet from hoolock which maverick  was using in the last bios also duel monitors work. now

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 233 posts

My case has no USB 3.0 front panel, I will get the cable separate and investigate...

AFAIK I have to repeat myself, but providing dumps will help in/to solve some of the issues, as you can see at this moment I can't reproduce your bug, you didn't mentioned the OS version, the bug may be caused by your specific usb adapter and so on...

Digital audio, that includes HDMI audio, has no control from toolbar, blame Apple for that, but is not a hack thing....

Thanks for looking at this. Having tried the drive in one of the backplane sockets, I get the same problem, so nothing to do with the front panel. The drive is a Toshiba USB3.0 500GB external which lights up white for a USB2 connection, and blue for a USB3 one.

I've attached (I hope) a darwindump. I'm on Mavericks GM (10.9).

When I had 828M installed, I deleted the DSDT I had installed in /Volumes/EFI/Efi/Quo/ACPI/load to get Vervet framebuffer. With 828M, I seemed to have sleep problems - it would sleep, wake up after a few seconds and then stay awake for the duration set in Energy Saver (20minutes) beforer sleeping again. So I reinstalled 820M without putting the DSDT back, but it did not revert to hoolock, but stayed with Vervet. I'm confused!

Attached File  DarwinDumper_2.8.6_Ozmosis_1.01.0828_Mav_John.zip   6.04MB   6 downloads

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts

Just tested the USB3.0 ports under Mavericks, they are fine for me and USB 3.0 devices does survive and function at same speed after sleep.

BUT, in your particular case, i need a dump before sleep to pronounce 100%, till then I bet is the KVM Switch fault!

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 306 posts

as far as im concerned bios changed personalaty  frame buffer that worked for me. to vervet from hoolock using saphire Vaper-x 5770

have HDMI And sleep working. no need to change dstd i wouldnt know how to. just no volume control in tool bar which ive been told is a fault in the os

@ntsmkfob what graphics card are you using?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

Not a "fault", Baldy, but a deliberate option. Is this way by design!

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,691 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

Not a "fault", Baldy, but a deliberate option. Is this way by design!

Yes ALL digital audio (SPDIF, HDMI) has no hardware volume control in OS X.
In essence it is always node connects to node...

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 306 posts

@theconnactic Anv.

thanks for that info

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 233 posts

as far as im concerned bios changed personalaty  frame buffer that worked for me. to vervet from hoolock using saphire Vaper-x 5770

have HDMI And sleep working. no need to change dstd i wouldnt know how to. just no volume control in tool bar which ive been told is a fault in the os

@ntsmkfob what graphics card are you using?

Hi Baldy_man, same as you - a Sapphire Vapor-X 5770! I've used 2 screens on it for 2/3 years, so most of my initial problems were getting 2 screens running without the cushion of Clover.

BALDY_MAN

BALDY_MAN

InsanelyMac Sage

• Donators
  • 306 posts

@ntmkfob. the update to latest bios fixed my system. ( it changes the personalalty from Hoolock to vervet and that made 2 screens work HDMI and sleep) 

ntsmkfob

ntsmkfob

InsanelyMac Geek

• Donators
  • 233 posts

Just tested the USB3.0 ports under Mavericks, they are fine for me and USB 3.0 devices does survive and function at same speed after sleep.

BUT, in your particular case, i need a dump before sleep to pronounce 100%, till then I bet is the KVM Switch fault!

Hi TK,

I disconnected all USB devices except the Logitech unifying receiver for the keyboard/mouse. The KVM was only used as a USB hub to get the Logitech receiver onto my desk as it has pitiful range.

Anyway, problem persists without the KVM, hub on one of the monitors and the USB iMic sound card thingy.

I tried it without connecting the USB3 drive before sleep - same problem. I tried it with and without the Logitech software for the unifying receiver (the LCC software can be pretty flaky) - same problem. I can't try without the logitech kb/mouse as I don't have any wired keyboard/mice stuff these days.

I tried it with a different USB3.0 drive and lead - same problem.

It's obvious it is an easy problem to work round, and if no-one else is experiencing it, please don't waste too much sleep over it. But thanks for your help.

I've attached a darwindump taken straight after a fresh boot.

Attached File  DarwinDumper_2.8.6_Ozmosis_1.01.0828_Mav_John.zip   6.32MB   4 downloads

@ntmkfob. the update to latest bios fixed my system. ( it changes the personalalty from Hoolock to vervet and that made 2 screens work HDMI and sleep) 

Hi Baldy_man,  having got the 5770 to work with a DSDT and 820M, I tried 828M, but it seemed to give me sleep problems I didn't have before. However, it looks as though it managed to stash the correct info about the 5770 into NVRAM, so when I switched back to 820M, it remembered to use Vervet instead of dropping back to hoolock. I didn't need the DSDT and I didn't want it while trying to solve the USB problem.

I'll wait to see if The KING comes up with anything re USB3.0 and try 828M again.

THe KiNG

THe KiNG

InsanelyMac Legend

• Retired Developers
  • 791 posts
It's obvious it is an easy problem to work round, and if no-one else is experiencing it, please don't waste too much sleep over it. But thanks for your help.

Not that easy b/c it will require some work on your end:

1. clean install and use of latest BIOS

2. use of wired kb/mouse

Then start adding USB devices one by one and test sleep/wake to see who fault is.

AFAIK there is no other easy way.

v3nom

v3nom

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Can someone confirm that Thunderbolt Displays are working?

IronManJFF

IronManJFF

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Can someone confirm that Thunderbolt Displays are working?

Yes they are, it has been confirmed numerous times

Rene204

Rene204

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Hi, got this Board now, and want to use it with an 24" ACD, can i use the Thundebolt-Ports as an miniDisplay-Port Video-Out ?

will  use the i7-3770(k) CPU with integrated Graphics.

Can someone give me some Information about...?

Thanks a lot... Rene

Just read about a dsdt.aml.. still i need one...?

where i can get a working one..?

bs0d

bs0d

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Hi, got this Board now, and want to use it with an 24" ACD, can i use the Thundebolt-Ports as an miniDisplay-Port Video-Out ?

will  use the i7-3770(k) CPU with integrated Graphics.

Can someone give me some Information about...?

Thanks a lot... Rene

Just read about a dsdt.aml.. still i need one...?

where i can get a working one..?

Yes that should work fine.

Motherboard already has tuned DSDT,nothing else required apart from the AppleHDA kext.

Rene204

Rene204

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Thanks for your fast feedback... it would be nice.. i will post my success to install if the Board arrives to me and i can get a i7-3770 CPU.

Rene

Nubira

Nubira

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 48 posts

Thanks for your fast feedback... it would be nice.. i will post my success to install if the Board arrives to me and i can get a i7-3770 CPU.

Rene

It does work I tried that it even pushes sound through it. It was to a hdmi in to my tv though. I have the 3770k cpu

Geesu

Geesu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts

Anyone have an issue w/iMessage on Mavericks after updating to 828? I set my SystemSerial and BaseBoardSerial + rebooted, still not allowing me to login :/

Skorobeus

Skorobeus

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

So I'm not 100% sure if this is the right place for this question but I figure I'll throw it out there and see what happens.  I just put my build together with the QUO board.  Using an Asus GTX670, and whenever it's in the system and I power on, all I get is the QUO splash, one beep, a second beep after about 10 seconds, then another beep after 10 seconds and eventually it goes to a blank screen with just a blinking cursor in the top left.

No keyboard interaction is accepted, and it never proceeds past this point.

It's worth noting that this was not the behavior out of the box, I was able to get into the BIOS menu with the discrete card until I flashed to 828M.  The onboard video still works fine, I installed Mavericks and have it up and running just fine with the onboard.  But I get no joy with the discrete.

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction or show me the magic sauce to get this puppy working.

Thanks!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mobo

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy