HELP TOPIC - for help in OS X Yosemite (10.10) and below

Deltac0

2,805 posts in this topic

BOOT!

But... https://dl.dropbox.c...18 22.11.17.jpg xD

It's a USB drive installated with a original copy of ML downloaded from the Apple (app?) Store on my friend's mac.

May be a bad restore. I had that problem before. Try restoring the drive again

I need help please :) i don't understand... that problem i tried one other Nforce ata GE=No or Yes same error..

Boot using the -x flag.

May be a bad restore. I had that problem before. Try restoring the drive again

Perhaps the drive is formatted as Master Boot Record, and OSX is having difficulties with it, since Voldemort - whose spells he used - didn't include support. He must make sure the drive is formatted as Guid Partition Table, and this time use a reliable method we can support, like the one i posted to him. ;)

All the best!

Perhaps the drive is formatted as Master Boot Record, and OSX is having difficulties with it, since Voldemort - whose spells he used - didn't include support. He must make sure the drive is formatted as Guid Partition Table, and this time use a reliable method we can support, like the one i posted to him. ;)

All the best!

Must have missed the post that the black magic was mentioned. Yes either the new tool or MyHack would suit.

@iskorini

the fx_kernel is sinetek's kernel which was the first working one for AMD-ML

yes! it requires AnV's patched corecrypto.kext

if you're installing the osx on Micro$oft's MBR partition instead of Apple's GUID one,

then you also need to replace the

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall

with the pre-patched one which supports MBR

btw, which version of ML are you installing?

@zozourban

AppleNForceATA: found 0 units

it seems that your current AppleNForceATA.kext is not compatible with your nForce SATA/ATA controller

maybe you could try AnV's AppleNForceATA.kext repatched by imk

http://www.insanelym...for-sl-3264bit/ <--- read post #14

the -x flag won't help if the osx can't find its root partition (still waiting for root device)

@theconnactic

AFAIK, the osx can be installed on both GUID & MBR partition

only for MBR, you just have to patch the

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall

lol the low life greedy bast4rd doesn't deserve to be called as Lord Voldemort

Hi guys! I'm fairly new to this whole hackintoshing thing, given I have an AMD CPU, but since I found out there's an AMD kernel, I can't sleep over the fact I could be running OS X right now :P

Using a VMWare Workstation machine, I followed the ML vanilla instructions, using the latest AMD kernel and the MBR patch. The USB boots into Chameleon just fine, but it fails to start the installer.

It gets stuck at an IOAPIC error. I tried with -x and -f as well, to no avail. arch=i386 does nothing (of course, since ML is 64-bit only). I attached the images corresponding to -v only and "-v -x -f".

Could it be an incorrect BIOS setting? I set SATA to AHCI mode and Suspend to S3 only, but I doubt any of that has any relation to my problem :P

Should I use a DSDT? I have no idea how to use those, really...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

post-1142923-0-24344600-1363678821_thumb.jpg

post-1142923-0-67233300-1363678870_thumb.jpg

Hi!

No, it's something wrong in VMWare setup. Don't you have a spare HDD, on which you could install OSX natively? Personally, i'm not very fond of nor have much knowledge about virtualization (despite having started to use OSX on VMWare, just like you).

All the best!

Hi guys! I'm fairly new to this whole hackintoshing thing, given I have an AMD CPU, but since I found out there's an AMD kernel, I can't sleep over the fact I could be running OS X right now :P

Using a VMWare Workstation machine, I followed the ML vanilla instructions, using the latest AMD kernel and the MBR patch. The USB boots into Chameleon just fine, but it fails to start the installer.

It gets stuck at an IOAPIC error. I tried with -x and -f as well, to no avail. arch=i386 does nothing (of course, since ML is 64-bit only). I attached the images corresponding to -v only and "-v -x -f".

Could it be an incorrect BIOS setting? I set SATA to AHCI mode and Suspend to S3 only, but I doubt any of that has any relation to my problem :P

Should I use a DSDT? I have no idea how to use those, really...

Any help is appreciated! Thanks!

Welcome!

I second what connactic said, but if you must use VMWare, try booting with cpus=1.

@iskorini

the fx_kernel is sinetek's kernel which was the first working one for AMD-ML

yes! it requires AnV's patched corecrypto.kext

if you're installing the osx on Micro$oft's MBR partition instead of Apple's GUID one,

then you also need to replace the

with the pre-patched one which supports MBR

btw, which version of ML are you installing?

Hi,

@Theconnactic: I can not restore my usb drive, if I ask again the mac of my friend he kills me xD he's very possessive :D

@Mac_carol: Wher I can find this file? My OSX Version is 10.8.3.

Hi,

@Theconnactic: I can not restore my usb drive, if I ask again the mac of my friend he kills me xD he's very possessive :D

@Mac_carol: Wher I can find this file? My OSX Version is 10.8.3.

Patched OSInstall files for 10.8.3 are here: http://www.insanelym...lion-mbr-patch/

Or create installer with myHack, which applies the MBR patch automatically.

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly (or I don't understand your replies), but I already have a VM up and running (I downloaded a pre-made VM, and it works great). I used it to create the USB, and I'm trying to install it natively. I was hoping I could install it in a small partition alongside Windows and Ubuntu (hence the MBR patch), but I could just format the whole thing if I need to, then add it back.

My physical machine doesn't start the OS X installer, but I could test it with another VM, if that helps.

Maybe I didn't express myself correctly (or I don't understand your replies), but I already have a VM up and running (I downloaded a pre-made VM, and it works great). I used it to create the USB, and I'm trying to install it natively. I was hoping I could install it in a small partition alongside Windows and Ubuntu (hence the MBR patch), but I could just format the whole thing if I need to, then add it back.

My physical machine doesn't start the OS X installer, but I could test it with another VM, if that helps.

Oh, I see. I believed you were trying to install in the VM. Oops! :worried_anim:

As I said, try cpus=1. :)

Thanks a lot.

I must replace both files or only /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Install.framework/Frameworks/OSInstall.framework/Versions/A/OSInstall?

You must replace both files.

fx_kernel, I think I have to take my friend's mac for re-restore my USB-Drive.

The installer don't start, it isn't a problem of HDD, i think...

Ohh you are on FX? fx_kernel is deprecated. Use the kernel by Andy Vandijck that is linked in the first post of "Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD", and install the Clover loader: http://www.osx86.net...html#post124362

Change install location to your USB drive. You must have Mac OS X to run the pkg - this is the only way to install Mountain Lion on FX.

Nothing. It gets stuck at exactly the same point.

Try cpus=1 acpi=off PciRoot=1 -v -x

Ohh you are on FX? fx_kernel is deprecated. Use the kernel by Andy Vandijck that is linked in the first post of "Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD", and install the Clover loader: http://www.osx86.net...html#post124362

Change install location to your USB drive. You must have Mac OS X to run the pkg - this is the only way to install Mountain Lion on FX.

The FX kernel is the only working kernel.

I don't have a mac and in VM don't boot :(

Same results.

Maybe I did something wrong? For instance, when it came to the FakeSMC kernel, I got a little confused, there were many files. I downloaded the FakeSMC_plugins rev609 zip and only added one that said "FakeSMC.kext" to /S/L/E. I'm not even sure that's how you do it...

Or how about other kernels? I thought Andy Vandijck's was the best one, though, and that's the one I have.

Could someone help me, I'm completely new to hackintosh and want to convert my pc, here is what I got from CPU-Z, could someone let me know which versions and stuff I need to install?

Processor: AMD Athlon II X3 450 SSE, SSE2, SSE3, SSE4A

Motherboard: ASUS M4N68T-M-LE-V2

Chipset NVIDIA: Geforce 7025

Southbridge: NVIDIA nForce 630a

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6450

If you already have the USB installer, download and open VirtualBox and create a new Virtual Machine. This done, you assign your USB stick as boot priority and boot from it. Post here the results, preferentially with printscreens.

All the best!