10.8.5 here

Updated 29-August-2013

Revised the attached zip file with...

• Updated to Clover b1974
  • Updated ethernet driver AppleIntelE1000e.kext to v2.4.14
  • Updated to Rehabman's FakeSMC.kext + Sensors to v5.2.772
  • Updated to Rehabman's VoodooPS2Controller.kext to v1.8.6 
  • Replaced VoodooBattery.kext with Rehabman's AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext
  • Replaced v1.3.5 AppleACPIPlatform.kext with ErmaC's patched ML (v.1.7) version

Cuts boot time in half - the rotating thing only goes round and round about 5 times now vs 12+ !!!

Sleep/wake seems to work just as good as with the snow leopard ACPI kext ... note: the "moon" icon takes a little longer to light up!

Updated 31-July-2013

• updated generic config.plist to remove boot args WithKexts NoCaches and added them in SystemParameters section
  • updated to Clover 1942

Updated 22-July-2013

• Updated to Clover b1928 
  • Updated VoodooPS2Controller.kext to v1.8.5 (RehabMan version)
  • Updated FakeSMC.kext to v5.2.724 (RehabMan version with sensors - adding Plugins for ACPI and CPU only)
  • Streamlined DSDT
  • Slight mods to OEM config.plist ( not sure if it made a difference! for sleep ) 

Updated 19-June-2013 

• Fixed OEM config.plist to inject the EDID (sorry i had removed for some testing  but forgot to put it back!)
  • Replaced OEM dsdt.aml with same EDID
  • Updated to Clover b1888
  • change generic config.plist to be more "generic" compared to OEM/<yourproduct>/config.plist

-------------------------------------

T420 users:

Attached is a current full /EFI pack for T420 on Clover and OSX 10.8.4

Notes:

there are 3 kext folders 

10.8 (which are good for vanilla boot) before using OEM folder and/or modified kexts are in place.

• FakeSMC.kext v5.2.772 - core hack mechanism + plugins -  Follow link to download full package - so you can install HWMonitor.app etc (just select Plugins ACPI and CPU)
  • VoodooPS2Controller.kext v1.8.5 v1.8.6 - Keyboad/Trackpad -   Follow link to get full package and installation instructions to install daemon Note: may still be subject to random sleep/wake issues... versions 1.8.5+ are proving to be more reliable.
  • AppleIntelE1000e.kext v2.2.14 v2.4.14- gigE - goes in /System/Library/Extensions/IONetworkingFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns

10.8-SLE which can be combined with above and will replace your /S/L/E versions.

• IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext -  makes DVD an internal device so iDVD player works.
  • AppleHDA.kext (patched 10.8.4)- for full audio support - note: requires matching DSDT sections using Conexant Codec and layoutID 12.
  • AppleACPIPlatform.kext (v1.7) - upgraded to ErmaC's Patched ML kext for sleep/wake + battery
  • AppleSmartBatteryManager (v1.33) VoodooBattery.kext - using Rehabman's kext configured for v3 ACPI per his instructions to show/track battery info on menu bar - requires rollback AppleACPIPlatform.kext

​10.8-Chameleon - extra patched kexts in /S/L/E for use with Chameleon 

• AppleCPUPM, AppleRTC and AppleSNBGraphicsFB - are not really necessary to install/replace with clover since it does the patching. Install for Chameleon compatibility. 

The DSDT (in OEM) has some new mods in the IGPU are that seem to remove glitches/hangs on either Clover or Chameleon - go figure?! And there is generic dsdt for non-1600x900 users to try.

Basic instructions and notes:

1. install vanilla 10.8.4 to GUID formated disk - use USB or other method
  2. install standard Clover b1888 b1928 b1942 b1974 into ESP - use link to download from sourceforge.
  3. replace /Volume/ESP/EFI with contents in zip
  4. boot up vanilla 10.8.4 with clover - this will use the kexts and "top" level config.plist
  5. now install kexts from ESP or zip to boot drive into /S/L/E (from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.8 and 10.8-SLE) or use myhack method. see notes above
  6. here is the tricky part - fix OEM folder to match your system 
  7. DO NOT just hastily rename the folder OEM/4236AT9 to match your productID -  you may need to modify some things to make it compatible with your specific model details.  If you have a 2.5 Ghz CPU and 1600x900 LCD, you can probably just use items as is - that is rename 4236AT9 to match your product name. 

- the OEM/4236AT9/ACPI/patched/ssdt.aml is CPU specific - dont use unless you have i5-2520 (or similar)

- the OEM/4236AT9/config.plist is CPU and display specific. 

OTHERWISE, If you do NOT have 1600x900 LCD:

- replace OEM config.plist with config.no-edid.plist

- edit and change config.plist Graphics section - set DualLink to 0

- replace (move/rename) the generic-dsdt.aml file to  OEM/<4236AT9/ACPI/patched/dsdt.aml

(this one does not have DualLink or EDID definitions)

If you do NOT have same speed/type CPU (i5 2520) then do these 3 things:

- remove ssdt.aml - may not work for your CPU 

- edit and change config.plist ACPI section - change generate P/C states to true - clover may do a good job for your CPU.

- edit and change config.plist CPU section - fix speeds (or remove CPU section) to match your CPU. 

Attached Files

Edited by tluck, 24 September 2013 - 08:51 PM.

Tetonne

Tetonne

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

T420 users:

attached is a current full EFI pack for T420 on Clover v1858 and OSX 10.8.4

Notes:

there are 2 kext folders 

10.8 (which are good for vanilla boot) before using OEM folder and/or modified kexts are in place.

10.8-SLE which can be combined with above and will replace your SLE versions.

- VoodooPS2Controller seems still cause random sleep issues.

- AppleCPUPM, AppleRTC and AppleSNBGraphicsFB are not really necessary to install/replace as clover does the patching.

The DSDT (in OEM) has some new mods in the IGPU are that seem to remove glitches/hangs on either Clover or Chameleon - go figure?! And there is generic dsdt for non-1600x900 users to try.

everything is ok here with this new pack (generic dsdt is ok too)

thanks a lot

updated to 1888 ;)

Kogen Mantis

Kogen Mantis

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 98 posts

Today we had some fun with k3nny about the OSX Mavericks icon in ThinkPad theme and we came up with this. (just in case you were wondering who is making the Mavericks)

Attached File  t430-clover-mav.jpg   74.21KB   15 downloads

I think this Mavericks icon will be the official 10.9 Developer Preview icon in ThinkPad theme :)

Here is the file: Attached File  os_mav.icons.zip   49.5KB   13 downloads

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Hey guys... still frustrated with the graphics glitches in my 1600x900 T420 (HD3000 only). Injected EDID with the DSDT, still no changes. Anyone know what I can do to understand what is causing the problem and fix it? Using tluck's pack and using my own EDID in the DSDT.

dnr

dnr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Could you please upload this(T420-EFI-CLOVER-b1888.zip ) as pkg? I can't boot when I create my own 

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

@dnr

- i suggest you first install with the standard clover installer (pkg) then you can replace the /EFI/CLOVER layers+items in stages.

- the generic config.plist + kexts should be able to boot up - not all things will work but it should be good to get running.

- the OEM directory name needs to match your product ID and then further you may need to modify config.plist to adjust speeds to match your CPU.

this then has the custom DSDT to get the rest of things working (as they did on chameleon)

dnr

dnr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

I tried to install with standrd clover installer, I can boot up.

Then I replaced /EFI/CLOVER folder on EFI partition, and I can't boot.

P.S: I also changed product id in EFI/CLOVER/OEM/ folder to my product ID: 4236W63

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

@dnr - 

where does it get stuck? using that OEM folder presumes you moved all the kexts from /EFI/CLOVER/kexts to your system in /S/L/E. just checking.

@honeywell

when I  Kogen's EDID - i get rid 99.99% glitches and hangs. but besides EDID, i did upgrade to BIOS 1.44 and i shut off VT-d virtualization. even when using my old dsdt .... tried to recreat the problem but now i barely get glitches or hangs, compared to what i used to get (had to use quartz debug to turn off 2d acell  it was so painful). 

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

My BIOS is 1.44. How do you turn off VT-d virtualization?

dnr

dnr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

@tluck

I forgot to put kexts to /S/L/E, now I done this with "kext drop" and can boot up. Thank you for you help!

@honeywell

in ThinkPad bios:
Security > Intel ® VT-d Feature [Disabled]

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

I got Clover and all that jazz working. I'm using my own EDID in both config.plist and dsdt.aml/dsdt.dsl. Still getting graphics hangs, albeit rarer. There is one failproof way of inducing graphics hangs/glitches though, and that is fullscreen Safari. Extreme lag when switching tabs. Very frustrating, as I would love to use Safari in fullscreen. :(

Also, I have an SSD and a storage HD. (no cd drive) I am unable to boot up Clover with my HD inserted. In order to boot, I must remove the HD, boot, then insert it when it finishes booting. Otherwise after pressing the power button, the ThinkPad logo shows up, then I get an infinite black screen. Any ideas?

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

@honeywell - 

cool. great news that things are coming together for you on clover. 

1) EDID - the built-in EDID is what is/was causing glitches for me. injecting Kogens EDID fixes things up. ag6952563 was getting good results too using this one. 

2) SSD - i dont have a pure SSD ... i have read other treads talking about enabling TRIM - maybe you have done that? here is something from a google on "clover ssd trim"

IOAHCIBlockStorage patch to enable TRIM support for any SSD by scrax

<key>X</key>
<dict>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>QVBQTEUgU1NE</data>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>AAAAAAAAAAAA</data>
</dict>

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Don't think it has to do with TRIM. TRIM is for a faster, speedier SSD. I think Clover tries to search for some sort of OS on the HDD, which causes the Clover GUI to never appear. That's my best guess right now, dunno how to fix that though. Thanks for the TRIM patch though!

tluck

tluck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,806 posts

@honeywell

with the SSD installed/connected - is this in main HD slot or the DVD bay slot - so you are getting stuck or not even getting to the clover GUI? but yes. clover does read (or tries to read) stuff on the disks once it discovers the device. what is your boot order  and where is clover installed?  is your SSD MBR or GUID formatted. are you set to UEFI only mode in the BIOS ( good way to test to make sure MBR disks dont get read). BTW, what kind of SSD do you have? you mention speedier ones? i just have a seagate momentus XT - so-called hybrid disk.

fdandy006

fdandy006

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Yes this is a common issue in newer OSX versions and since you are using 10.8.2 you must drop DMAR table or disable VT-d in ThinkPad Setup. (just like in post #46).

Update: Try this striped EFI folder for installing. Updated Clover to r1133, fixed theme selector color, new LAN drivers, new PS2 drivers, new FakeSMC and DualLink=0 by default

Hi Guys, Im trying to get my 420 running an manage to do the install, however back to 'waiting for AppleSMC' which eventually errors on 'SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0xfff'

To that end - I want to try this stripped EFI but am unsure how to use it?  How do I update the USB stick to use this stripped EFI Folder?  

Model of Lenovo T420 is: 4180-F75

UPDATE - sorry, found it at POST 183.  Lets see how it goes.

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

@tluck

SSD is in the main HD slot. HDD is in the slot where the optical drive was (I bought a caddy). I don't even get to the Clover GUI once I boot with the HDD in the slot. Without the HDD in the slot (only SSD in the computer) it works like a charm. SSD is GUID so that works fine. I am set to UEFI only mode. I have the Samsung 840 SSD. Boot order with both HDs in is:

1. Windows Boot Manager

2. ATA HDD0 Samsung SSD 840 Series (this is the SSD)

3. ATA HDD2

4. USB FDD

5. USB CD

6. ATAPI CD0

7. ATA HDD1 ST9500420AS (this is my HDD i believe)

8. USB HDD

9. PCI LAN

list goes on but I don't think anything past that is relevant

I tried switching 1 and 2 but I get the same black screen.

Also, I'm unable to get iMessages to work. I saw this post http://www.insanelym...10#entry1918837 but haven't tried it. I don't exactly understand how to do this... anyone have clearer step-by-step instructions?

fdandy006

fdandy006

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Hi Guys, Im trying to get my 420 running an manage to do the install, however back to 'waiting for AppleSMC' which eventually errors on 'SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0xfff'

To that end - I want to try this stripped EFI but am unsure how to use it?  How do I update the USB stick to use this stripped EFI Folder?  

Model of Lenovo T420 is: 4180-F75

UPDATE - sorry, found it at POST 183.  Lets see how it goes.

Still can't get it going.  I have renamed the folder under OEM to 4180F75.  Now I get the white apple screen and can't see where it eventually fails.

Anyone got any ideas?

I'm using Mountain Lion 10.8, and T420-EFI-CLOVER-b1888.zip

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

@fdandy006

When you boot with the USB, go to options, and add "slide=0 -v NoCaches WithKexts" to the boot flags. This should allow you to boot vanilla. Then update to 10.8.4. When you restart, boot with those flags again and install Clover r1888, and add tluck's stuff to your EFI folder. Also make sure to install all the kexts in tluck's kext pack. Then, reboot and you should have a fully working hacktinosh!

Also note: Booting with -x (safe mode) and installing Clover in safe mode will force Clover to create the EFI partition in HFS - not MSDOS.

fdandy006

fdandy006

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Thanks Honeywell.

I tried the above.  It gets stuck on - waiting for AppleSMC, eventually will move to 'SuperIODevice: [Fatal] found unsupported ship ID=0xfff', the show ethernet address.

After that it eventually reboots.

What am I missing?

honeywell

honeywell

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Do you have any non-vanilla kexts installed in S/L/E? You shouldn't add any kexts until you've installed Clover and tluck's pack. Here's what I did:

1. Install Mountain Lion 10.8.

2. Boot from USB with flags "slide=0 -v NoCaches WithKexts."

3. Update to 10.8.4. (don't know if this is matters, but I did not install the firewire update - if you did this, it could be causing your error)

4. Reboot with the same flags as step 2. You should be on 10.8.4 now.

5. Install Clover, put tluck's stuff in (rename the folder inside OEM to match your mobo), install the kexts. This must be done all at once (without rebooting).

That should be it.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: UEFI, ThinkPad, T420, Lenovo, Clover

Topic Stats Last Post Info

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2016 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy