Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Well, Andy: that's why i always recommend Gigabyte UEFI: it almost seems that Gigabyte engineers are fond of a little hackintoshing.

That said, can you post pics of your BIOS settings? Since legacy boot is working from USB, it really should work from HDD too: it has to be some overlooked detail. Or else, you must perhaps update your BIOS: what revision is it?

All the best!

I'll post a pic later.

It's the stock UEFI BIOS version of the board.

I'm not at home right now so I can't quickly snap one... ;)

I almost gave up on clover as it boots, works, but can't wake from sleep. But kept on reading the thread here and there and learned there is legacy booting and clover UEFI booting. (correct me if I am wrong, please).

so I boot with clover installed partition (named Mac HD), goes to GUI, then there are two HDD icon, one with boot Mac HD, other one with boot UEFI from Mac HD, I choose boot UEFI from Mac HD, then blacks out, then get a new GUI and no more boot MAC HD icon. I understand sleep/wake problem when UEFI boot with clover, but legacy is OK.

When I choose first selection boot MAC HD, am I booting legacy mode?

Also, I see AppleEHCI will unload across sleep message but I don't get that when I boot with chameleon, so I patch USB using dsdtmask, but I get KP saying something about ACPI.

Any ideas?

Since yesterday I just get black/yellow icons in Clover UI, themes aren't working. I saw JrCs reported the same - anyone know how to get the clover icons appearing normally again? Tried erasing efi partition and doing a fresh install. currently have r1649 installed and its still showing the corrupted theme.

[EDIT] Fixed, mostly. Added a GUI section to the clover config.plist (needed because refit settings have been merged in) and set theme there. black_green is broken (only shows ssd icons, not OS) but thats a known issue I believe.

What is the formating Clover wants for this new section? One of the most frustrating things about this bootloader is things are changing so quickly and the developers never document their changes especially ones that "break" it. Is it just:

<key>GUI</key>

<dict>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Metal</string>

</dict>

What is the formating Clover wants for this new section? One of the most frustrating things about this bootloader is things are changing so quickly and the developers never document their changes especially ones that "break" it. Is it just:

<key>GUI</key>

<dict>

<key>Theme</key>

<string>Metal</string>

</dict>

Install the latest version and check the config-sample.plist for clues. Also make sure to select a theme in the installer because the theme.plist needs to be added (new file).

As for things changing quickly, remember this is still in development, the developers are changing course when they think it's right so expect more changes for a while. I think the integration of every variable in config.plist is great, it was something they needed to do eventually. And the new pref panel will hopefully develop into a great tool, right now it can change every Clover nvram variable, check for updates and change the preferred theme.

Things are looking great now and it will surely get better, thanks devs!

• Like 1

I got overclock to work i see the change in hwmonitor 1.6ghz on low and 4.2ghz on load. I just need to fix my system profile to macpro 5,1 cuz people report they get more pstates and correct power management.

Install the latest version and check the config-sample.plist for clues. Also make sure to select a theme in the installer because the theme.plist needs to be added (new file).

As for things changing quickly, remember this is still in development, the developers are changing course when they think it's right so expect more changes for a while. I think the integration of every variable in config.plist is great, it was something they needed to do eventually. And the new pref panel will hopefully develop into a great tool, right now it can change every Clover nvram variable, check for updates and change the preferred theme.

I have installed the latest version (1654) and there is no config-sample.plist with my install, thats part of the problem. There doesnt seem to be any point to get an up to date version of it either online unless you go into the repo and hunt it down manually.

I understand things are changing fast because it is still relatively early in development, but their documentation often lags a few releases at the best of times. Unless you dive into the repo and read all of the commits its hard to figure out exactly what they are doing half of the time until they update the changelog, which often takes days after said build is pushed as prefered download. You are then left scrambling trying to get your system working again unless you go online to ask, like I am, or hope the installer and bundled documentation is brought up to date on the next release.

I have installed the latest version (1654) and there is no config-sample.plist with my install, thats part of the problem. There doesnt seem to be any point to get an up to date version of it either online unless you go into the repo and hunt it down manually.

I understand things are changing fast because it is still relatively early in development, but their documentation often lags a few releases at the best of times. Unless you dive into the repo and read all of the commits its hard to figure out exactly what they are doing half of the time until they update the changelog, which often takes days after said build is pushed as prefered download. You are then left scrambling trying to get your system working again unless you go online to ask, like I am, or hope the installer and bundled documentation is brought up to date on the next release.

The config sample is included in the installer but it looks like it won't overwrite your current config, move or rename the one you're using and run the installer again.

There's a thread at proyectosx.com dedicated only to Clover commit explanations, go check it out if you want to use the latest.

The config sample is included in the installer but it looks like it won't overwrite your current config, move or rename the one you're using and run the installer again.

There's a thread at proyectosx.com dedicated only to Clover commit explanations, go check it out if you want to use the latest.

Already tried that, it gave me a basic config.plist that didn't have the new GUI options and didn't give me the sample one. tried to manually extract the efi folder.pkg and contents from the installer using pacifist with an error. Tried to grab ISO but it does not include a sample-config and everything in the DOCS folder is out of date.

ok found the post with the information about the new GUI fields: http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=2656&view=findpost&p=30613

Thanks for the hint about the projectosx.com thing!

Already tried that, it gave me a basic config.plist that didn't have the new GUI options and didn't give me the sample one. tried to manually extract the efi folder.pkg and contents from the installer using pacifist with an error. Tried to grab ISO but it does not include a sample-config and everything in the DOCS folder is out of date.

ok found the post with the information about the new GUI fields: http://www.projectos...indpost&p=30613

If you really want to use the latest, build it yourself, then you'll have all the latest files unpackaged, and the installers too. Check out CloverGrower and CloverGrowerPro, they're really easy to use.

ok found the post with the information about the new GUI fields: http://www.projectos...indpost&p=30613

I just commented this issue here. The standard install won't write the GUI into the config yet (r1654), for now you gotta do that yourself.

I just commented this issue here. The standard install won't write the GUI into the config yet (r1654), for now you gotta do that yourself.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. I used to do daily compiles but kept running into these problems, just a bit frustrated that after it working well for the better part of a month their preferred download packages started having the same issues as nightlies. Now just to get Drop0em to not always be checked even if I flag it as no. :(

This is the best bootloader out there by far, just wish it was a bit more consistant in the releases the group pushes to the community and they kept up on documentation is all.

Thanks everyone for the help and suggestions. I used to do daily compiles but kept running into these problems, just a bit frustrated that after it working well for the better part of a month their preferred download packages started having the same issues as nightlies. Now just to get Drop0em to not always be checked even if I flag it as no. :(

This is the best bootloader out there by far, just wish it was a bit more consistant in the releases the group pushes to the community and they kept up on documentation is all.

If u always wanna keep up with latest version then u MUST read these.

Clover Changes

Clover code history

and ofcourse this two main threads

ENGLISH

and sometimes when u dont find all needed infos there go to

RUSSIAN

Good luck.

Agreed - Devs res[ond very quickly to issues - this is a good thread to find out what is going on with changes. I find it is best to try and keep up with them.

http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2656&st=20

I finally got my vanilla install working with Clover. I created a USB stick with two partitions. On one Clover was installed, the other the InstallESD.dmg. I had to boot with boot-arg "WithKexts". It installed the first time I tried, now I'm trying to boot with Clover through the EFI partition, but didn't get it working properly yet. I'll post a guide soon!

I used Clover in several motherboards Gigabyte with C2D (775) without problems.

I updated my computer to a Mother MSI Z68MA-ED55 with a i3 2100 (1155).

I installed Clover and I get this screen when I start my computer.

77870142.jpg

How can I solve this?

Thanks

More input:

57767384.jpg

77870142.jpg

How can I solve this?

Thanks

More input:

57767384.jpg

detele or move clover folder before installing this new version.

With the latest problem, I still can't shutdown completely.

Moreover, SoundFlower does not work properly with Clover, the sound becomes noise after some minutes.

Try adding in EmuVaribleUEFI-64.efi to fix shutdown issues

77870142.jpg

How can I solve this?

Thanks

More input:

57767384.jpg

You need to now have a GUI section in your config.plist (refit.conf ported over to config.plist http://www.projectosx.com/forum/index.php?s=&showtopic=2656&view=findpost&p=30613 )

Also make sure when updating you update the theme so that "theme.plist" is included inside of the theme's folder.

• Like 1

detele or move clover folder before installing this new version.

I have not any old clover folder. I just installed this new version after formatting the HDD.

Thank you.

You need to now have a GUI section in your config.plist (refit.conf ported over to config.plist http://www.projectos...indpost&p=30613 )

Also make sure when updating you update the theme so that "theme.plist" is included inside of the theme's folder.

Great job! Thank you very much for your help.

20130517182222.jpg

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>PCI</key>
<dict>
<key>USBInjection</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>USBFixOwnership</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>InjectClockID</key>
<string>Yes</string>
</dict>
<key>SystemParameters</key>