Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

As of today, kext injection from EFI is non-functional. I'm sure Slice is working on it.

As a workaround, setting SIP to 0x01, 0x03, 0x65, 0x67 and probably other combinations as well (other than 0x00 that is), should give you a bootable and functional system (SIP will be disabled).

You don't "need" to add anything, since Clover adds 0x67 by default (hope I'm not wrong about this). So, only if you want to lower the access to let's say 0x01 so that you allow access only to unsigned kexts, will you need to change your RtVariables to reflect this change.

So, basically, after having booted once with SIP disabled (CSR 0x67, for example), the kext cache gets build with my injected caches from /L/E (e.g FakeSMC, AppleHDA, etc) and after that the kexts are untouched until the cache is rebuilt (e.g. OS X upgrade or kext installation), right?

You don't "need" to add anything, since Clover adds 0x67 by default (hope I'm not wrong about this). So, only if you want to lower the access to let's say 0x01 so that you allow access only to unsigned kexts, will you need to change your RtVariables to reflect this change.

This explains why, after using CC and having it clear my CSR config, it still booted just fine, and SIP was disabled… :)

Thanks for the help, btw! :)

So, basically, after having booted once with SIP disabled (CSR 0x67, for example), the kext cache gets build with my injected caches from /L/E (e.g FakeSMC, AppleHDA, etc) and after that the kexts are untouched until the cache is rebuilt (e.g. OS X upgrade or kext installation), right?

Yes.

This explains why, after using CC and having it clear my CSR config, it still booted just fine, and SIP was disabled… :)

Thanks for the help, btw! :)

You're welcome. :)

I get that too. It's not a Clover issue, just another bug with El Capitan.

Ah, that explains it! :) I tried different CsrActiveConfig flags and it never fixed it (initially, 0x67 didn't make it happen, but when I returned to it after trying 0x00, 0x01 and 0x03, it happened with it too).

You don't "need" to add anything, since Clover adds 0x67 by default (hope I'm not wrong about this).

Well I just did the test and no, Clover (r3253 at least) doesn't add 0x67 or any other value related to CsrActiveConfig by default. You have to write it right in the config.plist by yourself.

And As you said, the config.plist must be edited with an appropriate text editor rather than Clover Configurator since it's not ready yet and will overwrite any "unknown" RtVariables ;).

Well I just did the test and no, Clover (r3253 at least) doesn't add 0x67 or any other value related to CsrActiveConfig by default. You have to write it right in the config.plist by yourself.

Interesting… When I didn't have any CsrActiveConfig defined on my config.plist (CC accident), it still booted with SIP off… :o

And As you said, the config.plist must be edited with an appropriate text editor rather than Clover Configurator since it's not ready yet and will overwrite any "unknown" RtVariables ;).

I dont think you are using in the right way ;  Clover r3253 ( Source Forge Package )   ad this key on Default config.plist

170.png

Clover Installer does not change your config.plist if you have one on EFI 

If you whant testing in the right way, Install Clover on  blank usb and you see the default config.plist

I attach the default config

• Like 2

Not sure if this is related to boot flags/Clover but I've been getting a ton of  "This is the first time you open ______ application" every time I boot up… Known issue? :X

Yes me too with El Capitan PB4, Canon Printer and  Dropbox both report first time opened when started automatically at boot,

I dont think you are using in the right way ;  Clover r3253 ( Source Forge Package )   ad this key on Default config.plist

Clover Installer does not change your config.plist if you have one on EFI 

If you whant testing in the right way, Install Clover on  blank usb and you see the default config.plist

I attach the default config

Thanks for the insight.

So Clover actually set this on the very first install. Which means that if you upgrade from a previous version, it will not add it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the insight.

So Clover actually set this on the very first install. Which means that if you upgrade from a previous version, it will not add it.

Thats right !   B)  Its an Intelligent Installer  :D  :lol:

Good to know ;).

So now we just have to wait for a Clover Configurator update so we avoid messing up the config.plist every time we want to modify something and we'll be fine :D !

Exacly Clover does not change your previous config ,He knows if you have config.plist  

This is not what makes CC  :hysterical:  I am not using CC   :rolleyes:

I know CC isn't perfect just as Chameleon Wizard isn't but It's still a user-friendly approach of customizing the config.plist.

And I don't forget that many people doesn't even understand what a config.plist is meant for… After all, that's what I love in OS X : yummy GUI and no scaring lines of "code-style" things :lol:.

That said, I agree that these tools can mess up a lot of things ;).

Does clover has access at boot to osx file system? Can't it just check if your efi\clover\kext exist in /l/e and if not copy them to there?

Clover has RO access, not RW.

Slice, 

Latest instaled version is clover 3185. Every newer version gives me a blinking cursor in the left upper corner.I can't use the newer versions of clover due to this "little" problem. Any clue what should I try.

Thanks

Slice, 

Latest instaled version is clover 3185. Every newer version gives me a blinking cursor in the left upper corner.I can't use the newer versions of clover due to this "little" problem. Any clue what should I try.

Thanks

If you have CsmVideo driver installed, remove it

Thank you

Out of curiosity,

Is it a hard limit?

It is very hard to write RW driver. No other reason.

Slice, 

Thanks

It depends on:

1. Legacy or UEFI boot.

2. Before Clover GUI or before OS start.

3. Don't set Boot->Log

4. You may set Boot->Log and upload here the result.

It depends on:

1. Legacy or UEFI boot.

2. Before Clover GUI or before OS start.

3. Don't set Boot->Log

4. You may set Boot->Log and upload here the result.

1.Legacy

2.Before Clover GUI

3.Boot log is off

If you have CsmVideo driver installed, remove it

Thanks for suggestion. 

I'll try later at home

1.Legacy

It seems you have a problem with BOOT file.

You may use your good working boot-3185 and install Clover 3253.

Doesn't matter. Boot file never changed his functionality.

I also may propose you to check "Use BiosBlockIO". It often works fast and more compatible with different hardware.