Clover General discussion

ErmaC
29,866 posts in this topic

Don't worry Slice, take your time :)
anyone knows what are the states (x12, x37, x39 only?) of MacPro6,1 original?

Slice, I'm reading that 1620v2 of MacPro works in turbo state x39 only single core, but I can't see x39, only x38 with ssdtPRGen and max x37 (4 core active always?) with Clover.

Pike, with ssdtPRGen i need to change APFL generated (from Zero to 0x04 i think). I'm not expert with power management but with your script my system works almost always at x37.

Super Respect for your awesome work! Thanks!!!

• Like 1

I have tried to get Clover to consistently work as my boot loader of choice. I recently loaded MacOS X 10.6 onto a USB formatted as GUID and loaded Clover into the EFI partition. I managed to load the OS but upon loading that disk iClover was loaded onto, the disk will not boot up 10.6.

ON the USB and the Disk/EFI I have run these Terminal commands:

(1)sudo fdisk440 -f boot0ss -u -y /dev/rdisk1

(2)dd if=/dev/rdisk1s1 count=1 bs=512 of=origbs

(3)cp boot1f32alt newbs

(4)dd if=origbs of=newbs skip=3 seek=3 bs=1 count=87 conv=notrunc

(5)dd if=newbs of=/dev/rdisk1s1 count=1 bs=512

(6)cp BOOT /Volumes/Kingston/

(7)cp -r EFI /Volumes/Kingston/

Now, I see no reason to do steps 6 and 7 because I first loaded the boot loader files onto the USB and the Disk/EFI (the Clover Bootloader installs the 4 directories and the boot file)

Can anyone tell me what I am missing to get the Disk to load from the contents of the /EFI partition?

Hi fellas,

Despite i inject a SMC version via FakeSMC (AXIPAAAC), Clover overrides it with is own ; is there a flag i can use in the config.plist ?

Many thanks.

If you tell about version 3.3 then:

- HWInfo.kext uses value from Clover to override default value from FakeSMC.info.plist. The priority needed to make dynamic changes for these key depending on Clover settings on the fly;

- if you want a priority of FakeSMC.info.plist then you can erase HWInfo.kext. Be happy!

If you use kozlek's version then I don't know his rules.

@Simonej

I made a revision 2678 that should work for your chipset. Test please.

Set c-states as follow

<key>ACPI</key>
	<dict>
		<key>SSDT</key>
		<dict>
			<key>Generate</key>
			<dict>
				<key>CStates</key>
				<true/>
				<key>PStates</key>
				<true/>
			</dict>
			<key>EnableC7</key>
			<true/>
			<key>EnableC6</key>
			<true/>
			<key>EnableC4</key>
			<false/>
			<key>EnableC2</key>
			<false/>

@magnifico

As far as I remember you have the same chipset. Are you able to test c-state PM in your case?

CLOVERX64.efi-2678.zip

@magnifico

As far as I remember you have the same chipset. Are you able to test c-state PM in your case?

No, I sold the motherboard with the x79 chipset,sorry .

Ps: but him for me a need Patched AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement for ivy bridge ?

Thank you Slice, problem is not solved;

-I have same error "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power management not initialized"

-No states other 12-37.

-My Config was http://pastebin.com/HZZPbfYZ now is http://pastebin.com/49HrYrpd

I want to see your generated SSDTs and boot.log

-Log http://www64.zippyshare.com/v/73718371/file.html

-SSDT http://www52.zippyshare.com/v/28896861/file.html

Edit: In my Boot log I read AMD Radeon R9 but I don't have R9, I have Radeon 7950.

It is the same just rebranded. 

7950 == R9 280. 

I decided to keep new name for a future.

About state generation I found a mistake. Test new revision, please.

CLOVERX64.efi-2678a.zip

Same error "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power, maybe It's problem of my motherboard AsRock X79 Professional?

Boot.log= http://pastebin.com/fbbgxh4m

I tried to search, from what I understand 1620v2 works only with single core at x39, from what I see on my system also remains at x37 in single core.

Same error "ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::registerLPCDriver - WARNING - LPC device initialization failed: C-state power, maybe It's problem of my motherboard AsRock X79 Professional?

Boot.log= http://pastebin.com/fbbgxh4m

I tried to search, from what I understand 1620v2 works only with single core at x39, from what I see on my system also remains at x37 in single core.

At this moment this is my mistake but I still not see why. There are no significant messages in boot.log to understand.

I will think more. If you can then you may insert additional DBG into findCPU procedure.

Hello community,

I finally managed to install Clover without those nasty boot0 and boot1 errors. But when I now boot my computer, after the POST there is just that blinking "_" for 4-5 seconds. Then a "7" appears on the screen for 3 seconds. After that, the computer just restarts. I searched for a solution for hours but didn't find anything. Please help me!

System specs:

Fujitsu T8100

Core 2 Duo T8100

GMA 965 graphics chipset (X3100 core) which is not supported of course, so I work with VESA 3.0 Graphics

1024x768 internal display

btw I am using Niresh's mavericks

Hello community,

I finally managed to install Clover without those nasty boot0 and boot1 errors. But when I now boot my computer, after the POST there is just that blinking "_" for 4-5 seconds. Then a "7" appears on the screen for 3 seconds. After that, the computer just restarts. I searched for a solution for hours but didn't find anything. Please help me!

System specs:

Fujitsu T8100

Core 2 Duo T8100

GMA 965 graphics chipset (X3100 core) which is not supported of course, so I work with VESA 3.0 Graphics

1024x768 internal display

btw I am using Niresh's mavericks

I have very similar computer. See my signature #2.

X3100 is supported very good but up to 10.7.5. I think you have to stay at this version.

About Clover. You seems to choose Boot BiosBlockIO that may not work on notebooks.

Choose ordinary boot Sata-64

Tested but same error, I think the problem is dependent by states generation, if I use SSDT i haven't this problem. Don't worry too much Slice, but I noticed a small performance improvement in single and multiple core! and Clover is working in single core x37 instead of x39

No, I installed in normal Sata-64.

After reinstall, now it says b1t:init6 and reboots. It's just throwing random errors onto my head.

I have same behavior on lenovo 3000 n100.

I try one of first version of clover and have same problem.

Clover canot be used on this machine...

Tested but same error, I think the problem is dependent by states generation, if I use SSDT i haven't this problem. Don't worry too much Slice, but I noticed a small performance improvement in single and multiple core! and Clover is working in single core x37 instead of x39

Corrected in rev.2681.

Make full DarwinDump with it.

• Like 1

So i can forget Clover? That would be a shame...

On what machine?

Screen Shot 2014-05-28 at 0.35.51.png

@xpamamadeaus

fwiw, i am using clover to boot a Lenovo T60.  it has C2D T5600. this is a very similar model/spec to the 3000, I believe.  Note: i run lion 10.7.4 as that is the highest level because of the 32-bit ATI X1300 gfx driver. but works works for snow leopard 10.6.8 too.