• Please log in to reply
6507 replies to this topic

fgrjhtd

fgrjhtd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

About Turbo and speedstep test, please, these version (will be 775 next commit).

My model is lenovo y470
I would often get stuck at done7 for about 50% possibility
HD3000 also has artifacts.
on the contrary, chameleon works fine.
memory detection also has problems.
Here's my infos.

Menno

Menno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
I have everything working fine now with clover and raid boot :). Though I have to -f to startup if not it would hang. Kernel cache isnt always reliable here. Sometimes it starts without -f sometimes not... (I would get some memory map error with the same memory codes or something after 10 secs it starts).

Also did a msr dump. This is normal for my i7-3930K @ 4.2ghz right?

16-10-12 10:43:25,000 kernel[0]: CoreCount: 6
16-10-12 10:43:25,000 kernel[0]: ThreadCount: 12
16-10-12 10:43:25,000 kernel[0]: 0xE2: 0x1e008400
16-10-12 10:43:29,870 com.apple.SecurityServer[19]: Session 100002 created
16-10-12 10:43:30,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(42)
16-10-12 10:43:30,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 42
16-10-12 10:43:30,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(12)
16-10-12 10:43:30,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 12 42
16-10-12 10:43:31,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(42)
16-10-12 10:43:31,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 12 42
16-10-12 10:43:32,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(12)
16-10-12 10:43:32,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 12 42
16-10-12 10:43:33,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(12)
16-10-12 10:43:33,000 kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 12 42

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,199 posts

My model is lenovo y470
I would often get stuck at done7 for about 50% possibility
HD3000 also has artifacts.
on the contrary, chameleon works fine.
memory detection also has problems.
Here's my infos.

How useful is your message?

I have everything working fine now with clover and raid boot :). Though I have to -f to startup if not it would hang. Kernel cache isnt always reliable here. Sometimes it starts without -f sometimes not... (I would get some memory map error with the same memory codes or something after 10 secs it starts).

Also did a msr dump. This is normal for my i7-3930K @ 4.2ghz right?

The key -f is absent in Clover.

shiecldk

shiecldk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

@shiecldk

This is the best result that I've got...

Doesn't matter if with your or mine SSDT and MacPro/iMac SMBIOS...

Always Minimum (1600), Regular (2800) and Turbo (3000/3100)...

If a disable turbo or remove SSDT and enable Generate C/P-States only 1600 and 2800...

Nothing different than this...

:wallbash:

If I overclock to 2900mhz for example, I got 1600, 2900, 3000 and 3100... (as you can see at the picture)

If I set max turbo to 3300 (with different SSDT), 1600, 2800, 2900, 3000, 3100, 3200 and 3300...

Resuming, my speedstep is based on turbo???

How are your states??? you can get better results than this???

:help:

This is my SSDT...

http://pastebin.com/EiXSKnVF

Did you replace MacPro5_1.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources, and set SMBios to Mac Pro 5,1 with the SSDT I gave you?

This is my result with the MacPro5_1.plist file and the SSDT (mine is from x16~x42):
Posted Image

My UEFI is set to "CPU Clock Ratio: 33 , Turbo: 41/42/42/42".

Try to set UEFI setting to "CPU Clock Ratio: 28 , Turbo: 30/31/31/31 and keep other settings Auto" with your i5-2300.
Report to me if speedstep still doesn't work. :)

About Turbo and speedstep test, please, these version (will be 775 next commit).

Slice,
Can I set resolution in config.plist?
When boot from UEFI->boot0->boot1->BOOT->CLOVERX64.efi->Apple's boot.efi->mach_kernel, the resolution is 1920x1080.
But when boot from UEFI->CLOVERX64.efi->Apple's boot.efi->mach_kernel, the resolution is only 800x600 or 640x320.

ugokind

ugokind

InsanelyMac Deity

• Donators
  • 1,714 posts
  • Interests:Apicoltura
    Mac
    Linux
    Homebrew
    Australia
    Spremermilcervello
I'm interested in this test. I'm i7 Sandybridge.. Mbp8,2. are there any plist for smcplugins for my kind of smbios?
Is it really necessary to have a good sleep?

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,199 posts

Slice,
Can I set resolution in config.plist?
When boot from UEFI->boot0->boot1->BOOT->CLOVERX64.efi->Apple's boot.efi->mach_kernel, the resolution is 1920x1080.
But when boot from UEFI->CLOVERX64.efi->Apple's boot.efi->mach_kernel, the resolution is only 800x600 or 640x320.

No.
These resolutions are obtained by GOP driver located in BOOT file or in UEFI ROM. I can't change anything in your UEFI ROM.

I'm interested in this test. I'm i7 Sandybridge.. Mbp8,2. are there any plist for smcplugins for my kind of smbios?
Is it really necessary to have a good sleep?

Sorry, I didn't understand your question.
Clover is already working with SandyBridge and with MBP82. Just let it to do all automatically.

Menno

Menno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
lol! I thought -f was working because it booted. Well that's pretty stupid. Did some more tests and it just really random if it boots or hangs. Kernel will just lock up sometimes.. and this is a issue with mountain lion and not lion. Hmm weird stuff. (Have 2 installs)

About the UEFI ROM. I am guessing IF the videocard itself contains an efi rom, it would display the correct resolution? The motherboard uefi will read a PCIe efi compatible rom and load the resolution table? If not it would load the bios compatible (most pc cards) rom and defaults to 1024x768 or lower? I have option in my uefi to to toggle priority on PCIe Cards 'legacy rom' and 'efi rom' if that makes any sense.

I have a 'old' Radeon HD6870 still flashed with an efi extensions. Maybe I'll try that when I have the time.

Slice

Slice

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 3,199 posts

lol! I thought -f was working because it booted. Well that's pretty stupid. Did some more tests and it just really random if it boots or hangs. Kernel will just lock up sometimes.. and this is a issue with mountain lion and not lion. Hmm weird stuff. (Have 2 installs)

May be you need this patch?
http://www.insanelym...2/#entry1853204
http://www.insanelym...some-disks-fix/

About the UEFI ROM. I am guessing IF the videocard itself contains an efi rom, it would display the correct resolution? The motherboard uefi will read a PCIe efi compatible rom and load the resolution table? If not it would load the bios compatible (most pc cards) rom and defaults to 1024x768 or lower? I have option in my uefi to to toggle priority on PCIe Cards 'legacy rom' and 'efi rom' if that makes any sense.

I have a 'old' Radeon HD6870 still flashed with an efi extensions. Maybe I'll try that when I have the time.

Will be interesting if you find something useful this way.
But I said not only about resolution table. The table is good because it used by Clover boot.
I said that Graphics driver in UEFI bios is wrong. My driver located in BOOT file is good. It is the driver written by me on the base of EDK2 driver but differ.

kyndder

kyndder

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Thanks for answering Slice...

I'm at my job now, but when I came back home I'll make a test...

Did you replace MacPro5_1.plist in /System/Library/Extensions/IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext/Contents/Resources, and set SMBios to Mac Pro 5,1 with the SSDT I gave you?

I made a comparison between your plist and vanilla one and found no differences, so I only set SMBIOS to MP5,1...

This is my result with the MacPro5_1.plist file and the SSDT (mine is from x16~x42):
Posted Image

This is a working speedstep... :thumbsup_anim:

But I see no point have a step above my max turbo clock (41)....

My UEFI is set to "CPU Clock Ratio: 33 , Turbo: 41/42/42/42".

Try to set UEFI setting to "CPU Clock Ratio: 28 , Turbo: 30/31/31/31 and keep other settings Auto" with your i5-2300.
Report to me if speedstep still doesn't work. :)

Mine already is Ratio=28 and Turbo=31/30/30/29... Tried others combinations as I told above, but I'll
remade again later just in case I made something wrong...

shiecldk

shiecldk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Thanks for answering Slice...

I'm at my job now, but when I came back home I'll make a test...

[/size][/font][/color]

I made a comparison between your plist and vanilla one and found no differences, so I only set SMBIOS to MP5,1...

[color=#000000][font=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif][size=3]

This is a working speedstep... :thumbsup_anim:

But I see no point have a step above my max turbo clock (41)....

Mine already is Ratio=28 and Turbo=31/30/30/29... Tried others combinations as I told above, but I'll
remade again later just in case I made something wrong...

Maybe I uploaded wrong one...

I'm pretty sure this one has some modifications made by me. (Speedstep is not available for me with the origin MacPro5_1.plist.)
One of the difference is in "StepContextDict."
Attached File  MacPro5_1.plist.zip   2.61KB   51 downloads

Please give it a try, XD. But still be careful of KP...

Menno

Menno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

May be you need this patch?
http://www.insanelym...2/#entry1853204
http://www.insanelym...some-disks-fix/

Will be interesting if you find something useful this way.
But I said not only about resolution table. The table is good because it used by Clover boot.
I said that Graphics driver in UEFI bios is wrong. My driver located in BOOT file is good. It is the driver written by me on the base of EDK2 driver but differ.

It's not a 'waiting for root device' but total system lockup/freeze after the kernel boots. (Not always, random after restarts) I have to reset the machine.
I think its UEFI related, because BIOS/Legacy Clover always boots without problems. Maybe something in one of the uefi drivers. (tried all the combinations) or I just have a wacky uefi. (asrock extreme 11)

Clover also gives in bios mode a very quick warning flash 'There is a TSC detection problem and needs calibration' before displaying the gui boot menu. (Also in system log in OS X). (I have to voodoo sync kext installed)

About the graphics.. chameleon boot menu has a resolution/vesa of 2560x1440x32 when the resolution is specified in org.chameleon.boot.plist if graphics mode is not specified the graphics/vesa resolution is 1024x768

clover bios mode gives me 1024x768
clover direct uefi gives me 1024x768

but thats is just how the implementation works I think if bios mode is just a extra layer to emulate all uefi.

(all geforce gtx 670)

I will try the radeon card tonight.

kyndder

kyndder

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Or maybe I didn't look carefully...

Anyway, when I came home I'll try Slice's CLOVERX64.efi and if still the same, I'll review
your steps...

Thanks!

xmen107

xmen107

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Clover cannot boot my windows 7 installed with gpt-mbr hybrid partition tables, it detects windows partition as Legacy OS but freeze in "Booting OS...". I tried to set LegacyBoot key from PBR to MBR, but it doesn't make any sense. I wonder if the Clover can only boot Windows EFI?
BTW, can I manually set a proper resolution for Clover just like Chameleon(with Graphic Mode key)?
Thanks.

I have same problem :(

kyndder

kyndder

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

I have same problem :(

Guys, Slice already told once that legacy boot may work and may not work...

The main goal of the project is UEFI booting, for legacy boot we already have Chameleon...

For all you guys that have issues booting legacy OS's, and don't want to reinstall Windows/Linux
using Clover's firmware, is to follow dmazar's guide to have Clover / Chameleon / XPC / RevoBoot
at the same HDD/USB Stick > http://www.projectos...?showtopic=2493

This way, when you need to use Windows, just press "1" and boot it with Chameleon...

kyndder

kyndder

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

I'm pretty sure this one has some modifications made by me. (Speedstep is not available for me with the origin MacPro5_1.plist.)
One of the difference is in "StepContextDict."
Attached File  MacPro5_1.plist.zip   2.61KB   51 downloads

Please give it a try, XD. But still be careful of KP...

It worked!!! Thanks shiecldk!!!

:yoji:

This is the difference between vanilla and your plist... I promise that next time I'll use DiffMerge
instead of believe in my eyes... :bag:

http://pastebin.com/W6GEtVWc

Where you found this plist, It's from another OS X version or modified by you (just curiosity)????

Now I have a really working speedstep...

Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-10-17 at 12.18.18 AM.png   245.78KB   141 downloads

Thanks again!!!

fgrjhtd

fgrjhtd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

How useful is your message?

The key -f is absent in Clover.

I'm very sorry to look at this
Attached File  DarwinDumperReports.zip   931.33KB   3 downloads

shiecldk

shiecldk

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 233 posts

It worked!!! Thanks shiecldk!!!

:yoji:

This is the difference between vanilla and your plist... I promise that next time I'll use DiffMerge
instead of believe in my eyes... :bag:

http://pastebin.com/W6GEtVWc

Where you found this plist, It's from another OS X version or modified by you (just curiosity)????

Now I have a really working speedstep...

Attached File  Screen Shot 2012-10-17 at 12.18.18 AM.png   245.78KB   141 downloads

Thanks again!!!

You're welcome. :)
I can't see the difference in Xcode also.... (One time I couldn't find the plist edited by me.)

The plist is a mixture between MacMini5,X or MacBookPro8,X with other SMBios.
So if you set SMBios to MacMini5,X or MacBookPro8,X, you may also get a working speedstep.

The key point is to replace "the item which contain CPU info under CtrlLoopArray", and "ControlArray".
The plist files also contain GPU power control info which works with AGPM.
So if you want GPU speedstep works with nvidia cards, keep an eye on these plists and AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext/Contents/Info.plist.

You can modify the plist yourself if you want to set system to other SMBios.
I'll help you if you don't know how to this.

By the way, my hackintosh can't boot with the SMBios, MacMini5,X, after flashing the UEFI firmware. So I have to use a modified plist and set system to other SMBios.

Menno

Menno

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
OK. I have educated myself some more in the graphics uefi part :). It's very simple. The addon pcie graphics card needs a vbios with UEFI GOP. Sadly my MSI Geforce GTX670/OC doesn't have that. There was a uefi update for my motherboard yesterday that adds UEFI GOP support. If I try to enable 'ultra fast (windows 8 feature which requires UEFI GOP) ' it states that my videocard does not include UEFI GOP. Mailed MSI in the hope they have a hybrid vbios.

I am guessing all the resolution stuff is also handled by this?

Alex Auditore

Alex Auditore

InsanelyMac Legend

• Donators
  • 700 posts
Hello. Did anyone could to download the usual MBR-windows with clover? I had told with slice. He said to me the he couldn't make the legacy-boot for this to work. But he though it possible. I think somebody can improve clover and make necessary modification.

kyndder

kyndder

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

Hello. Did anyone could to download the usual MBR-windows with clover? I had told with slice. He said to me the he couldn't make the legacy-boot for this to work. But he though it possible. I think somebody can improve clover and make necessary modification.

http://www.insanelym...00#entry1860945

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, EFI, Clover

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy