10.8.2 Final! (C54)

mitch_de

128 posts in this topic

After I disabled VT-d in BIOS it also works with the original 10.8.2. AppleACPIPlatform.kext.

Using a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5 TH with BIOS F9.

Hi, I have "IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14c00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA" error message from console. The USB port not charging iPad.

Have to roll back to 10.8.1 IOUSBFamily.kext to fix the problem .. do u have to do that ?

BTW, nice to see you here.

Upon further use i noticed that GTX 670 drivers have only OpenGL 2.1 and lower.

And Starcraft 2 crashes.

hey i got mine running fine ...

Hi, I have "IOUSBFamily did not receive enough extra current for the SuperSpeed device (4-Port USB 3.0 Hub) at 0x14c00000, asked for 400mA but got 0 mA" error message from console. The USB port not charging iPad.

Have to roll back to 10.8.1 IOUSBFamily.kext to fix the problem .. do u have to do that ?

I got the same messages, still the USB 3.0 ports are working for external hard disks. Didn't try if they can charge devices.

Removed oemsmbios and repaired permissions etc. now got Voodoohda KP so going to delete that and see what happens

voodoohda and applehda cannot stay together

you have to remove one of them.

Updated through app store, no issues what so ever.

+1

voodoohda and applehda cannot stay together

you have to remove one of them.

Just use AppleHDADisabler and don't bother about updates.

Just use AppleHDADisabler and don't bother about updates.

Hi, slice.

I once use a application which can disable any kexts.

So voodoohda and applehda can stay together.

by the way, I want to know is clover able to restart after kernel panic ?

Hi, slice.

I once use a application which can disable any kexts.

So voodoohda and applehda can stay together.

by the way, I want to know is clover able to restart after kernel panic ?

This is kernel function, not bootloader.

sudo pmset autorestart 0

This is kernel function, not bootloader.

sudo pmset autorestart 0

well, I look into the pmset command in terminal

it says like this.

autorestart - automatic restart on [b]power loss[/b] (value = 0/1)

does power loss equal to kernel panic ?

After upgrade sleep is not working (using lid and from menu)

Battery Icon is gone

Anyone know a solution ?

HP laptop DV8, see my sig

//Peter

hello

if u use any kext for the battery must install all again, and maybe resolve u sleep problem

because the battery kext use another appleacpiplatform

good hack

Updated, then patched the AppleHDA.kext for my sound, and replaced ATI kexts with Exotic Patched ATI kexts.

Speedstep seems working (Mhz/multiplier changing like it should, temps are normal, performance normal, fan RPMs are normal) without acpi rollback.

BTW, nice to see you here.

hey i got mine running fine ...

Yeah, i got an SC2 update today, now it works. seem to be related to 10.8.2 :-)

I can boot in safe boot without problems only with -x, but I can't boot normally. :(

Did you try rolling back AppleACPIPlatform.kext.? Tell me about your system, like cpu, board etc ... see if i can help

BTW boot flag -x -v -f also rebuild extensions cache

Updated, then patched the AppleHDA.kext for my sound, and replaced ATI kexts with Exotic Patched ATI kexts.

Speedstep seems working (Mhz/multiplier changing like it should, temps are normal, performance normal, fan RPMs are normal) without acpi rollback.

What is

Exotic Patched ATI kexts?

Hi, after update I got this issue:

Photo%2021-09-2012%2015%2045%2020%20(HDR).jpg

What can I do? Tried changing AppleACPIPlatform but it didn't work.

Thanks in advance!

VooDoo kexts. On my desktop, it's sound. Perhaps on your laptop, it'll be the others, for sure, because of decendencies.

Did you try rolling back AppleACPIPlatform.kext.? Tell me about your system, like cpu, board etc ... see if i can help

BTW boot flag -x -v -f also rebuild extensions cache

Yes, I rolledback the AppleACPIPlatform, but it hangs on the exact same spot, so I think that's not the issue. I booted with -x -v -f, then tried normal boot, but it didnt work(it worked with the flags, but I can also boot only with -x :) ).

My CPU is Intel Core2Duo 2.19GhZ; GPU - nVidia GeForce G105M w/ CUDA; 4GB RAM

VooDoo kexts. On my desktop, it's sound. Perhaps on your laptop, it'll be the others, for sure, because of decendencies.

I have only trackpad kext from VooDoo, nothing else. Could that be the issue?

Got a Dell XPS M1530 Laptop here, nVidia graphics, everything works fine in 10.8, but every time I try to update to 10.8.2 (Combo Update) I can't boot. It either has KP in normal mode, or in safe boot it hangs at PCI Configuration Begin. I don't even get the opportunity to roll back the ACPI kext. Any ideas?

Here's some pics... First is normal, second is safe boot. I removed OemSMBIOS.kext too. No difference.

R8rhQ.jpg

8OUDt.jpg

Thanks,

LULightTec

Hi, Lulighttec!

Add NullCPUPowerManagement.kext and unixservice ACPI rollback to your S/L/E and boot with the flag npci=0x2000 (preferentially add the flag to your org.chameleon.boot.plist). You shouldn't have removed the oemSMBIOS driver: that's a bad advice from Tony's.

Please report back if you can, for us to know if it worked.

P.S.: Just for you to know sometimes the PCI Begin thing is not a real freeze, but just a loss of console output: if you take time, perhaps your system successfully boots in the end.