Bootloader BIOS IOReg Device Properties LSPCI Dump VBIOS SMC ACPI NVRAM

• Please log in to reply
189 replies to this topic

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Plus, after running safari automatically opens the result page while my default program for web is chrome.
Does DarwinDumper contain code to launch safari to open the result page ?

The DarwinDump.htm file is a standard file and should open in your OS the same way as any other .htm file.
If you select 'Get Info' for the file in the Finder, what do you see under the 'Open with:' section?
If it reads Safari and you want to open that and all other .htm files in Chrome then select Chrome from the list and click the 'Change All...' button.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod

The DarwinDump.htm file is a standard file and should open in your OS the same way as any other .htm file.
If you select 'Get Info' for the file in the Finder, what do you see under the 'Open with:' section?
If it reads Safari and you want to open that and all other .htm files in Chrome then select Chrome from the list and click the 'Change All...' button.

It's already chrome there.
Along with DarwinDumper first came out, I've been using it. At that time, it just open safari for the result page. So I've already modified the default program for htm file. At first glance, the htm file in my hack has chrome's icon on it. I also double check the "get info" tab. It also showing chrome as the default program. Dunno what's wrong here. :(

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts
hmm... I've just run a test here and I see the same result you are describing.

Chrome is set to be the default application for .htm files and the file opens in Chrome:

1 - when I double-click it in the Finder

2 - running open /path/to/file/DarwinDump.htm from the Terminal

So the above two work as they should and behave according to the man page:
The open command opens a file (or a directory or URL), just as if you had double-clicked the file's icon. If no application name is specified, the default application as determined via LaunchServices is used to open the specified files.

So to echo your question, why is the .htm file load up in Safari when the open command is issued from the DarwinDumper script?

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts

hmm... I've just run a test here and I see the same result you are describing.

Chrome is set to be the default application for .htm files and the file opens in Chrome:

1 - when I double-click it in the Finder

2 - running open /path/to/file/DarwinDump.htm from the Terminal

So the above two work as they should and behave according to the man page:
The open command opens a file (or a directory or URL), just as if you had double-clicked the file's icon. If no application name is specified, the default application as determined via LaunchServices is used to open the specified files.

So to echo your question, why is the .htm file load up in Safari when the open command is issued from the DarwinDumper script?

I don't know either. Since you already experienced the problem, maybe you can find related stuff in source.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts
Lol.. yeah. My last statement was really a rhetorical question rather then me asking you :)
But I think the issue is because the script is running as the superuser so the default app for .htm files in LaunchServices for the superuser would be Safari. When you/I change our default app associations then they're only set applicable for our user accounts. I'll see if I can find a suitable fix.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts

Lol.. yeah. My last statement was really a rhetorical question rather then me asking you :)
But I think the issue is because the script is running as the superuser so the default app for .htm files in LaunchServices for the superuser would be Safari. When you/I change our default app associations then they're only set applicable for our user accounts. I'll see if I can find a suitable fix.

Yep, nice guess. It may be the real cause.

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,095 posts

Hey blackosx
Try this, could be handy :wink2:
download

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Hey blackosx
Try this, could be handy :wink2:

Hi STLVNUB

Thanks. I've tried it and it running the following works great:
./DefaultApplication -ext htm
However, it doesn't let me read the default application for a different user.

I've since found that after enabling Chrome as default app for .htm files.
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.plist gains the following:
<dict>
<key>LSHandlerContentType</key>
<string>public.html</string>
<key>LSHandlerRoleViewer</key>
<string>com.google.chrome</string>
</dict>
So I'm thinking I can use this as a reference to see if the user has changed their default web app.

dmazar

dmazar

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 256 posts
As a user, I do not care in which browser it opens. I need DarwinDumper's output. Just my hint.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 740 posts

As a user, I do not care in which browser it opens. I need DarwinDumper's output. Just my hint.

:D
It's just an imperfection. :thumbsup_anim:
It doesn't bother too much just as you said.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Revised version (v2.5.1) attached to the opening post.

Changes from 2.5.0 -> 2.5.1

- exFAT format partitions should no longer be unknown to the gatherDiskUtilLoaderinfo script (thanks dmazar). I've only worked from blank and NTLDR examples so I'll need to run more tests in the future to make sure everything is identified correctly. Please tell me if what I've done doesn't work.
- HTML report nav links now expand (by design they do not collapse) relevant table as well as jumping to it.
- The collapse / expand arrows have now been replaced with clickable table header bars. Way better!
- Re-ordered nav links to match alphabetical order of tables, and removed 'Top' nav link.
- Adjusted HTML report for the Diskutil & Bootloader table to better fit longer names. The Active column is now gone, though a single space remains for an asterisk.
- Renamed 'Windows NTFS Loader' to 'Windows NTFS NTLDR'.
- Tweaked the look of the Pashua window.

You're right. Thanks for helping me keep focused.

@p.H - I've left the code as it was. It would be easier if you changed the .htm file association to Chrome for your root account than for me to work out an algo to find your local user browser association setting and open the file in that from the script. Thanks for the feedback though.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts
Revised version (v2.5.2) attached to the opening post.

Changes from 2.5.1 -> 2.5.2

- Added EDID dump using edid-decode by Adam Jackson. (Link to source in the opening post).
- Appended some info to the header of generateHTMLreport.sh script.
- Log now terminates after HTML report is complete and saved in actual dump folder.

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,140 posts
?
Attached File  problem.png   144.69KB   37 downloads

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts
Thanks for the report Mohamed Khairy.
The interface buttons and checkboxes are actually correctly spaced but it looks like the background image has been scaled.
However, I don't understand why that's happened?

I'll run some tests here and see what i can find out.. In the mean time can anybody else confirm is this has happened to them?

EDIT: I've had make a revised version due to an issue with the edid-decode binary. I've attached this new version (v2.5.3) to the opening post. I also adjusted the permissions of the background image. Can you test that to see if that has the same interface issue?

Changes from 2.5.2 -> 2.5.3

- Replaced edid-decode binary by a version complied by Slice.

EDIT: Revised version (v2.5.4) attached to the opening post.

Changes from 2.5.3 -> 2.5.4

- Replaced edid-decode binary by a leo-compatible version complied by Slice.

kocoman

kocoman

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
Is there a way to get PIO and DMA mode for the hard drives and the kext they are using (same for sound, video etc)?

thanks

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco

?
Attached File  problem.png   144.69KB   37 downloads

hello

same thing here

good hack

STLVNUB

STLVNUB

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 1,095 posts

I've since found that after enabling Chrome as default app for .htm files.
~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.plist gains the following:

<dict>
<key>LSHandlerContentType</key>
<string>public.html</string>
<key>LSHandlerRoleViewer</key>
<string>com.google.chrome</string>
</dict>
So I'm thinking I can use this as a reference to see if the user has changed their default web app.

Maybe this can be a user preference, check if this exists and present a flag in GUI for it.
Good job, this has certainly come a very long way.

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts

Is there a way to get PIO and DMA mode for the hard drives and the kext they are using (same for sound, video etc)?

Without doing any research, I don't know.
But any useful information that's read, decoded or analysed by any tool that you know of can be included in DarwinDumper.

@artur-pt , @Mohamed Khairy
I find it strange how it I don't see the issues you've reported to the DarwinDumper interface on either my iMac or hack. And it must not happen for everyone otherwise I would have seen more reports.
I would however like to nail this so can you give me any more information on the problem to work with? What version of OS X are you running?
Thanks

Maybe this can be a user preference, check if this exists and present a flag in GUI for it.
Good job, this has certainly come a very long way.

Thanks STLVNUB. I may look at doing something with this when I have time but it's not high on my list.

artur-pt

artur-pt

InsanelyMacaholic

• Local Moderators
  • 4,420 posts
  • Interests:TechManiaco
hello blackosx

i'm in 10.8.2 only with last version i have that issue.

i go test in 10.7.5 to see if any thing related to ox version, and report back, perhaps something related with res (1366x768)

thanks

blackosx

blackosx

InsanelyMacaholic

• Coders
  • 3,052 posts
Thanks for offering to investigate further artur-pt. I'll keep my eye out for any feedback you post.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Bootloader, BIOS, IOReg, Device Properties, LSPCI, Dump, VBIOS, SMC, ACPI, NVRAM

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy