Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Gils and I are currently testing 10.8.3 i386 over IRC. He has it booting, but no QE/CI. Now we will test replacing the QE/CI frameworks with the DP1 editions. Any ideas anyone?

Gils et moi testes 10.8.3 i386 en's moment. Gils reussi a le demarrer, sauf pas de QE/CI. mentant on teste avec les frameworks QE/CI de DP1. Des suggestions quelqu'un?

I've got these problems.The OS do not allow to finish the instalation. It is interrupted on login session

Hi Adrian, again please read previous posts as this subject has been covered before.

To boot to single user mode use "-s"

Ok purposed new solution for those stuck at the Country Select Section (Setup Assist):

Boot to single user mode and set a root password.

# /sbin/mount -uw /
# launchctl load /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.opendirectoryd.plist
# passwd root

Type your new password

Then copy the file either from a Lion setup (I think you can make your own but I just copied from Lion)

/var/db/.AppleSetupDone

Now to fix the login loop.

of course it is, that's the first time I hear of success with nvidia and ML.

the login loop is something i have seen.. you can go and delete the failing dylib, no clue if that will fix it for ya.

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libcldcpuengine.dylib

^^^ that procedure is just a bandaid really, we need to figure out a real fix

I haven't tried Sinetek's fix myself as I need to reinstall DP1

Attached is my copy of the .AppleSetupDone

AppleSetupDone.zip

Hi Adrian, again please read previous posts as this subject has been covered before.

To boot to single user mode use "-s"

I haven't tried Sinetek's fix myself as I need to reinstall DP1

Attached is my copy of the .AppleSetupDone

Hi Duran,

I have tried Sinetek's fix, it works... I just get problems with my graphics, QE/CI works perfectly but some of my icons are messed up, such as the volume, eject and wifi icons on the top right of the bar... I assume it is directly related with the libcldcpuengine.dylib file

• Like 2

You don't need the AppleSetupDone file from someone else guys..

from single user mode:

mount -uw /

cd /var/db

touch .AppleSetupDone

and that's it.

Awesome so that is how to create your own! :)

Thanks SS01

So I went playing around with 2 versions of libcldcpuengine.dylib

10.7.5 - Login Loop

10.8.2 - No Login Loop, but the icons are just not there (can click on them though)

Anyone got DP2, DP3, DP4, GM and 10.8.1? :D

not if there is only AnVs latest Kernel ... he patched that .....if u decide to put several released kernels there .....yes (since the early stage ones from Sinetek would need the patched corecrypto ...)

A whole AMD Pandora App prob. better since we are a bit different ;) so people dont get to much choices

;)

hi guys! I got it almost there! mountain lion works with the latest amd_kernel from Andy with my Nvidia GTX 550 TI :hammer:

cinebench test makes the cpu-test, its works fine,- but cinebench aborts the test cl-test after a few minutes!

I upload the same test images :king:

GA990FXAUD3 with GTX550TI.tiff

test3.tiff

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

No my friend, Gils! I work with standard Mountain Lion DP4 and with arch = x86_64 :wink2: :thumbsup_anim:

I have reinstalled everything again today and I have installed the modified Nvidia / Geforce drivers with the other chipset drivers in to the Extensions folder, that's it.! see my last upload of the modified Nvidia graphics drivers

Ohne Titel 3.tiff

Edited by spakk

Mountain Lion 10.8.2 has now been working for more than six hours without a problem, that is, as yet, no kernel panic ! The graphics are very good! no graphics problems! the start time to boot up mountain lion is relatively short (about 2:35 minutes !)

I have installed chimera bootloader, it works fine

Edited by spakk

I will now test Heaven Benchmark and will report back later

how did you manage to stabilize bugs Sandbox / AppleID coreservice timeout ..... etc? :)

I can not answer you, unfortunately, I do not know! sorry Gils

I can tell you only that I have adapted so much :moil: that I do not remember exactly what the reason is for the improvement :worried_anim:

what I can offer is that I need to uploade a image of my installation, if it help to find the cause

In any case, whatever the method, it is a great news! :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks Gils, It works almost perfectly

not if there is only AnVs latest Kernel ... he patched that .....if u decide to put several released kernels there .....yes (since the early stage ones from Sinetek would need the patched corecrypto ...)

A whole AMD Pandora App prob. better since we are a bit different ;) so people dont get to much choices

;)

What is the weight in kb, of AMD kernel? Serve also the Lion version ...

This is the problem ... mmmh. Function replacement of the kernel can be useful if you have also a kernel with Atom support, but too many versions exist to put inside.

...and Download section,..... has only one kernel available.... ;)

Micky

There is positive news! Nvidia GTX 550 TI works with full QE/CI see entry in the terminal

many thanks to Wayang-NT (Tonyxxxxx)

there's an easiest way to know is QE/CI enabled or no ... do with Terminal .... check it out ....

1. Open Terminal and type

sudo -s

fill password

then type:

defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor

2. If you have QE/CI enabled, there will be like this:

{ tileHeight = 256; tileWidth = 256; }

but if don't maybe QE/CI not yet enabled

3. Do this to enabling QE/CI

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor -dict tileHeight -int 256 tileWidth -int 256

4. Restart machine and do some tests to check QE/CI

enjoy it ....

• Like 1

here is the proof

Nvidia GTX 550 TI working with full QE/CI

see pic

see my message ( #1872 and #1887 )

Here are the custom Nvidia drivers and other chipset driver etc, but download the driver from my message #1887

(these are the latest drivers)

i have modified the info.plist for the most Nvidia graphics cards (VendorID and DeviceID)

good luck

working with full QE-CI - GTX550 TI-AMD.tiff

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Congratulations, spakk!

While everyone was trying heterodhox workarounds, you silently made it the right way. Going to test asap.

All the best!

P.S.: Downloaded your pic: why are the menu bar not translucid? Did you try to enable this?

• Like 1

Congratulations, spakk!

While everyone was trying heterodhox workarounds, you silently made it the right way. Going to test asap.

All the best!

P.S.: Downloaded your pic: why are the menu bar not translucid? Did you try to enable this?

I'm going this afternoon to upload the current modified drivers and other files here. Thus, other users have the opportunity to test the

• Like 1

I created kernel_i386/x86_64 for ML_DP1 , fine working 32 bit or 64 bit with working QE/CI without artifacts !

I created kernel_i386/x86_64 for 10.8.2 :

1) if flag arch=i386 , not working, panic /APIC/ , because 10.8.2 only x86_64 (64bit) without 32 bit !

2) if flag arch=x86_64 , working, but artifacts in Safari !

In 10.8.2 i found one :

AMDRadeonAcceleration.kext <-- it it same ATIRadeonX3000.kext, but ATIRadeonX3000.kext deleted .

1)AMDRadeonAcceleration.kext <-- artifacts !

2)ATIRadeonX3000.kext <-- without artifacts ! It is best driver .

I try in terminal write :

defaults write com.apple.safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1 <-- for me working . But small artifacts .!

Wait for kernel ! I work ...

• Like 5

I created kernel_i386/x86_64 for ML_DP1 , fine working 32 bit or 64 bit with working QE/CI without artifacts !

Congrats, man! Unfortunately i cannot test these for now because i don't have any space left of my HDD for another partition.

I created kernel_i386/x86_64 for 10.8.2 :

1) if flag arch=i386 , not working, panic /APIC/ , because 10.8.2 only x86_64 (64bit) without 32 bit !

2) if flag arch=x86_64 , working, but artifacts in Safari !

In 10.8.2 i found one :

AMDRadeonAcceleration.kext

1)AMDRadeonAcceleration.kext

2)ATIRadeonX3000.kext

I try in terminal write :

defaults write com.apple.safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1

Wait for kernel ! I work ...

Waiting, and i'm confident it will be a very stable kernel! :D

About the small Safari artifacts, are you sure you followed strictly the steps, as described here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287453-how-to-enable-safari-with-107-64-bit-or-108-on-amd-machines/?

Because, done the right way, it should wipe out the artifacts for good (at least it did with my rig).

All the best!

BIOS settings note!

AHCI enabled

Boot-order should note that if their NTFs-HDD and HFS+-HDDs used (first the HFS +-HDD than the NTFs-HDD, also make sure that their HDD connects to the right connector, first HFS +-HDD than NTFS-HDD.

If you have an IDE- HDD then of course you enable IDE in the BIOS, if you use SATA HDD then enable SATA.

1. as the very first thing you formatted the HDD with GUID / Mac OS X Extended ( journaled) !!! Not Mac OS (Case-sensitive), and Mac OS (Case-sensitive, Journaled) otherwise there may be problems with Adobe programs

2. then takes an executable Hackintosh or a real Mac and open the Disk Utility which iatkos ml2.dmg

Guys! I have purchased an official Mountain Lion 10.8.2 version from Applestore !!!, unfortunately, I had limited success with the installation.

3. I have installed Iatkos ML2 on my Intel-based Hackintosh with Leopard 10.5 (Yes, this is possible with iatkos ML! Thanks again here on the

iatkos-team) selects all the drivers for your AMD Hackintosh and let's start the installation!

in my case, I selected the following settings:

Bootloader Options:

-> GraphicsEnabler -> yes

-> kernel Cache -> yes

-> Built-in Ethernet -> yes

-> PCI-Root-1 -> yes

-> USB-Fix -> yes

Graphics Mode:

-> in my case -> 1600x1200x32

Patches:

-> FakeSMC -> yes

-> Disabler -> yes

-> EvOreboot -> yes

-> RTC -> yes

-> SleepEnabler -> yes

Mac Model:

in my case -> imac12,1 ( was then manually modified in imac13, 2 )

Drivers:

->SATA/IDE -> in my case all yes

->SOUND->yes

->USB3,0 -> none

->Hardware Sensors -> in my case all yes

->PS/2 -> yes

->Laptop-> none

VGA:

->Nvidia 10,8.2 drivers ->yes

->OpenCL RAM 2 GB+patch ->yes

->C92 core HDMI->yes

->Network->yes

I hope it will help you further :king:

Edit:

after complete the installation i have installed my customized driver, see my upload-link. see #1887

than i installed the libcorecrypto.dylib in the folder usr/lib/

my custom extra folder with my custom DSDTs, the patches from Andy + Sinetek and amd_kernel by Andy ( see my upload-link see #1887 ) in to root,

at last I have installed chimira bootloader

that's it

Edit:

the other Kext drivers you need to modified with your Chipset Vendor ID and Device ID

Edited by spakk

Congrats, man! Unfortunately i cannot test these for now because i don't have any space left of my HDD for another partition.

That's what Virtualbox is for :D

Congrats spakk! I will test this later, adding the 10.8.3 7xxx drivers.

That's what Virtualbox is for :D

Congrats spakk! I will test this later, adding the 10.8.3 7xxx drivers.

I adjusted the driver with the most common Nvidia vendor and device ID, if your Nvidia Grafik card should not be included, then you need modified the info.plist! that, all the latest drivers from 10.8.3!

hello spakk :)

it's weird that you're not translucent bar with CI / QE?

you change the resolution and you can make video capture with QuickTime?

i will make later with QuickTime a video stream, currently, do I save my work (Mountain Lion) with carbon copy cloner

I have QuickTime yet tested, I hope it works!! currently, I will not interfere the clone process

We need urgently tester who can confirm the result! I have neglected once everything, no sound etc installed, I'll try anything to subsequently later

Edited by spakk