Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

which Kernel work on ML 10.8.3 (AMD Athlon ii x2 245)?

AnV's 10.8.2 amd_kernel has been reported working on 10.8.3... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd-dont-ask-help-here-use-the-help-topic/page__st__1460#entry1878822

Sinetek patched the 10.8.3 XNU at some point but I don't remember he posted the kernel.

Hi guys, I was sick a few days, so I was not possible to report me. The last test I made, were working successful with OpenGL with my Nvidia GTX 550Ti, it works and Mountain Lion starts, the graphics memory is displayed completely correct, OpenGL Viewier recognize my working graphics card, but the construction of the dock are very slow! Occasionally I get an error message

NVDA (Private): Channel timeout!
com.apple.launched com.apple.dock.extra
NVDA(OpenGL):Channel timeout!

(see image)

I get this message when I install only one injector in S / L / E for example patched NVkush.kext

Once when I install three patched injectors such as: NVKush.kext, Natit.kext and ATY_Init.kext, I get no error message, but that does not stay that way, so we desperately need someone to modified the GeForceGLDriver.bundle

by various adjust the GeForceGLDriver.bundle \ Contents \ MacOS \ libclh.dylib from the previous OSX versions and the patch of IONDRVSupport.kext.

Conclusion: we need to modify the libclh.dylib, unfortunately I have no idea how to do.

PS: Bronzovka, I have tested your kernel, unfortunately no success boot

Edit:

Netkas, did you see an opportunity to fix the problem? :D

IMG_6114a.jpg

Edited by spakk

Any way to get VLC to work on my AMD machine?

Everything work well,just VLC will not load videos.

Says something about me not having opnecl acceleration.

The sound works only after the error.

Seems odd since quicklime opens the videos and are watchable.

Any way to use accelerated graphics with amd 7660G graphics card?

Came here to show all my respect to Andy Vandjick: just updated to 10.8.4, and i can confirm his kernel miraculously still works just like a champ, even being meant for 10.8.2!

All in all, the system performs better than 10.8.3 - a little bit less glitches, 10.8.3 was slightly more troublesome than the others - and as good as 10.8.2.

HD 5450 Silent users, patch the current 10.8.4 kexts (before restarting the machine, of course)! Don't think you can use the patched ones from 10.8.3 - or 10.8.3, for that matter - because all you'll get will be a white screen. Patched graphics doesn't seem to survive their own system version.

All the best!

• Like 3

Hi guys, I was sick a few days, so I was not possible to report me. The last test I made, were working successful with OpenGL with my Nvidia GTX 550Ti, it works and Mountain Lion starts, the graphics memory is displayed completely correct, OpenGL Viewier recognize my working graphics card, but the construction of the dock are very slow! Occasionally I get an error message

NVDA (Private): Channel timeout!
com.apple.launched com.apple.dock.extra
NVDA(OpenGL):Channel timeout!

(see image)

I get this message when I install only one injector in S / L / E for example patched NVkush.kext

Once when I install three patched injectors such as: NVKush.kext, Natit.kext and ATY_Init.kext, I get no error message, but that does not stay that way, so we desperately need someone to modified the GeForceGLDriver.bundle

by various adjust the GeForceGLDriver.bundle \ Contents \ MacOS \ libclh.dylib from the previous OSX versions and the patch of IONDRVSupport.kext.

Conclusion: we need to modify the libclh.dylib, unfortunately I have no idea how to do.

PS: Bronzovka, I have tested your kernel, unfortunately no success boot

Edit:

Netkas, did you see an opportunity to fix the problem? :D

because no one has any idea how I can fix this?

Hi to all !

I found one problem !

1) on intel :

post-31928-0-77132200-1370488177_thumb.png

2) on AMD :

post-31928-0-88353400-1370488208_thumb.png

Why ?

What is this?

Should show how "0xffffffffffffff9c" on amd !!!

:blink:

Hey Bronya don't forget what my specs are: P4631 mobo GA-VM900M (Via) and the card a nvidia gt 440...

It would be helpful if someone with a nforce or amd chipset and nvidia card could post a ioreg for you to compare those values, it wouldn't?

We need to check if those values of the pci2pcibridge on nforce chipsets are also on 32bit then we can possibly blame it for the graphics corruption.

• Like 1

Well, Bronzovka, I think you did find the problem. That's really big deal, so way to go! Now the next logical step would be to search the cause of this. I'm reading the sources of the kernel (AnV version) and until now find nothing. I'll post here if I step at anything.

All the best!

• Like 1

Interesting ! Then it is address 0xffffff9c does not is cause ... .

Then what problem ? )) Framework OPENGL ? )) Or controller driver ? Example ATI5000Controller .

I need try on intel ati radeon 5770 ...

hello gils83 !

It is Graphicsinjector - it same how aty_init.kext or other .

On ioreg show how "PCE2@2" , why no show how on intel "PEGP", "PEXG", "POP2" ?? maybe AppleACPI for PCE2 not supporting ?

Hi @Gils + @Bronya

Unfortunately, the kernel of Bronya does not work with my hardware, I've done everything, but so far without success. I would very much like to be able to test it successfully in order to say which kernel is suitable for my hardware. but so far the best running amd_kernel by Andy. I can not possibly read all the dialogues in recent weeks, so I guess I'm not up-to-date.

Hi @Gils + @Bronya

Unfortunately, the kernel of Bronya does not work with my hardware, I've done everything, but so far without success. I would very much like to be able to test it successfully in order to say which kernel is suitable for my hardware. but so far the best running amd_kernel by Andy. I can not possibly read all the dialogues in recent weeks, so I guess I'm not up-to-date.

Hi ! What problem with my kernel ?

I don't can sent in your PM ???

gils83 ! Yes , it is address for 64 bit ! And name "PEGP" ...

I have just read this short dialogue, it comes to Intel and AMD chipset ID, it confused me a bit, please look this:

http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1002

What's in this statement true?

......In that case you'd better change vendor 1022. That's AMD's real ID. This one is an ATI legacy, it contains ATI hardware from before the acquisition and all graphics cards from ATI/AMD - that's why we still use "nee ATI" here. AMD CPU parts and chipsets use 1022.

By the way, brackets are used for marketing names. In this case nobody knows the name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. So I think using [AMD] is right - it's also used at SiS.

I have just read this short dialogue, it comes to Intel and AMD chipset ID, it confused me a bit, please look this:

http://pci-ids.ucw.cz/read/PC/1002

What's in this statement true?

......In that case you'd better change vendor 1022. That's AMD's real ID. This one is an ATI legacy, it contains ATI hardware from before the acquisition and all graphics cards from ATI/AMD - that's why we still use "nee ATI" here. AMD CPU parts and chipsets use 1022.

By the way, brackets are used for marketing names. In this case nobody knows the name Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. So I think using [AMD] is right - it's also used at SiS.

but it corresponds to the CPU FX6100 of Gils, see post 2500, pci1022 .....

I think that it is problem IOPCIFamily and AppleACPIPCI , because in ioreg in "IOACPIPlane" on amd no configure for videocard .

On intel there is configure for video card.

post-31928-0-93628800-1370548091_thumb.png

Why and how fix for amd ? Only dsdt ?