Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

You never know lol

If I am correct here is the lanchd source, http://www.opensource.apple.com/tarballs/launchd/launchd-842.1.4.tar.gz

www.opensource.apple.com

Has them all now...

Nice!

EDIT: hmmm... plenty less entries than 10.8...

For example: no IOUSBFamily, etc...

Shame, Apple, shame!

But we have dyld, launchd, xnu...

Hmmm... they are giving less and less with each major release... :(

• Like 2

Welcome to the new Apple. Free upgrades to OS and early sources.

Yeah... unfortunetely less sources than it used to be...

10.8.5 has all like any 10.8

10.9 = a lot less sources.

I don't like where this is going.

They are locking down more sources with each major release...

Not good...

• Like 4

Yeah... unfortunetely less sources than it used to be...

10.8.5 has all like any 10.8

10.9 = a lot less sources.

I don't like where this is going.

They are locking down more sources with each major release...

Not good...

Its possible an attempt to stop developers like yourself making kexts for unsupported hardware. Just a theory though or they just aren't uploaded yet.

Making Mavericks USB just in the hope of some patched goodies :P

Has Apple maybe changed the license recently? Since the os is being released as in a way "freeware"

Maybe... but lets hope they do give xnu + sources needed to build it in 10.10 / 11.0...

That's what I'm worried about...

They can deny posting ANY APSL licensed source because they own it :S

Its possible an attempt to stop developers like yourself making kexts for unsupported hardware. Just a theory though or they just aren't uploaded yet.

Making Mavericks USB just in the hope of some patched goodies :P

Any / all are possible.

Need to get the proper sources + xcode 5.0.1 + cltools...

Probably can do in the weekend...

• Like 6

Downloaded the XNU sources late at night yesterday. As I was tired I just compiled as is to test if my Xcode was working fine and would be up to the task. All went right, then I tried compiling the kernel with Andy's AMD patches, which obviously returned a lot of errors, so I gave up and decided to test it all the day after: that means today. I'll report back if I come up with something useful.

All the best!

Well, applying good old SinetekBronzovkaAnVoodoo_rc4 to xnu-2422.1.72 is a no go: too many files changed names or doesn't exist at all (such as a bunch of .s files under osfmk/i386) resulting in too many compilation errors for me to compile in a reasonable time frame. It's necessary to start almost from scratch, and since I don't have time to engage full-time, I think i'm back from kernel coder wannabe status to guinea pig. Good luck, Andy, Sinetek and Bronzovka!

• Like 1

Well, applying good old SinetekBronzovkaAnVoodoo_rc4 to xnu-2422.1.72 is a no go: too many files changed names or doesn't exist at all (such as a bunch of .s files under osfmk/i386) resulting in too many compilation errors for me to compile in a reasonable time frame. It's necessary to start almost from scratch, and since I don't have time to engage full-time, I think i'm back from kernel coder wannabe status to guinea pig. Good luck, Andy, Sinetek and Bronzovka!

My experience is it still has most code the same inside but some things moved.

Some things may need to be recoded...

I installed the cltools for Xcode 5.0.1.

I'm currently building tools like ctfmerge, ctfdump, ctfconvert (dtrace) and ctf_insert (cctools).

Then I'm going to try applying the patch manually the needed files...

I'll keep you posted...

NOTE to other coders: some arm code may need to be excluded in order to build ctf_insert... (no problem, we don't build iPhone / iPad kernel...)

• Like 3

For those that want it.

The ctf tools for building xnu (saves cctools + llvm + dtrace build)

ctf_tools_Mavericks.zip

First for FX, if that will be working , then for the old cpu AMD.

I'm modding my patches for current kernel.

Lots already done.

I also noticed I can apply my code signature patch perfectly to the new kernel...

So code signing... no problem ;)

EDIT: NOTE: The kernel has totally no i386 (32-bit) code inside as Mavericks never had a 32-bit kernel.

So some patches that patched the 32-bit code are obsolete...

• Like 2

I'm modding my patches for current kernel.

Lots already done.

I also noticed I can apply my code signature patch perfectly to the new kernel...

So code signing... no problem ;)

EDIT: NOTE: The kernel has totally no i386 (32-bit) code inside as Mavericks never had a 32-bit kernel.

So some patches that patched the 32-bit code are obsolete...

Yes, i noticed that. In fact, it was strange that Mountain Lion's still had them (understandable on the 32-bit dp1, but it never came to the final version).