68 replies to this topic

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 738 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh & NBA & COD4 promod

Indeed!

On GA-EP45-DS3 (F9) I have used just custom DSDT.aml, FakeSMC, AppleHDA rollback and RealtekRTL81xx kexts. There was no need to patch AppleRTC. The system with 10.8.1 is fully functional and stable. To verify the rersult, I have completely reinstalled the system over the weekend.

Regards

How was that ?
Did ESB2 make sense ?

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Indeed!

On GA-EP45-DS3 (F9) I have used just custom DSDT.aml, FakeSMC, AppleHDA rollback and RealtekRTL81xx kexts. There was no need to patch AppleRTC. The system with 10.8.1 is fully functional and stable. To verify the rersult, I have completely reinstalled the system over the weekend.

Regards

There's no noticeable change to AppleRTC (MacOS exec file)from DP1 thro 10.8.2 , so elusive changes in other areas have overcome the CMOS resets. Hopefully for later system updates, we'll not need the patch at all.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 738 posts

There's no noticeable change to AppleRTC (MacOS exec file)from DP1 thro 10.8.2 , so elusive changes in other areas have overcome the CMOS resets. Hopefully for later system updates, we'll not need the patch at all.

Apple didn't update the AppleRTC.kext
so we don't need to patch again :)

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Apple didn't update the AppleRTC.kext
so we don't need to patch again :)

So when was the last time you needed the patch?

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 738 posts

So when was the last time you needed the patch?

I guess Mountain Lion DP4.
After several days with DP4 , I got back to Lion.
When Mountain Lion really came out, I installed it all completely new.
So that should be my last time when I patched AppleRTC

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

So that should be my last time when I patched AppleRTC

I understand as such: the last time was with DP4. Now with ML thro 10.8.2 it is just vanilla AppleRTC.kext. Correct?
Thanks.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 738 posts

I understand as such: the last time was with DP4. Now with ML thro 10.8.2 it is just vanilla AppleRTC.kext. Correct?
Thanks.

Nope
I installed Mountain Lion 10.8.0 when it released officially
I patch the AppleRTC at that time.
For 10.8.1 and 10.8.2 updates, since Apple didn't bring in new AppleRTC
So I didn't patch RTC again :)
Hope you understand what I mean this time.

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
@p.H
Thanks. Apple recompiled the AppleRTC.kext with each update but the AppleRTC exec file remained the same.
From your earlier remarks I was excited you were not needing the patch. Alas, it was not true.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 738 posts

@p.H
Thanks. Apple recompiled the AppleRTC.kext with each update but the AppleRTC exec file remained the same.
From your earlier remarks I was excited you were not needing the patch. Alas, it was not true.

sorry, didn't quite follow your last words.
What's not true ?

BTW, Maybe quoting my post is better so that I can follow along.

rayap

rayap

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
That, you did not need any patched AppleRTC.kext at all.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 738 posts
:(
sorry for making you puzzled :)
Better for us to clear it out

iawval

iawval

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts
Well, Thank You, rayap, the appleRTC hack may not be directly related to sleep, but apparently solved following problem on my XW8400 which for all the rest needs practically nothing to run flawlessly:
I have a RAID stripe 3 disk array connected to SAS, after sleep & wake one of the component disks would completely disappear to OS.
What the reason of this behaviour I don't know, but after this hack it didn't happen anymore.

LoBlanc

LoBlanc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
I understand the idea here is to find out the real cause of the malfunction. But in the meanwhile for those who want a fully operational system I recomend to install the AppleRTC.kext from SnowL. Fully operational on my venerated P35-DS3R (ML 10.8.2, chamaleon installed in a separated partition as I have done many times following former suggestions from BlackosX -my greetings Sir-). Credits to JUN HO (topic/253992-cmos-resets-on-restarts-after-sleep-and-wake-in-107-lion/page__st__20) who found it out first.

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 738 posts

I understand the idea here is to find out the real cause of the malfunction. But in the meanwhile for those who want a fully operational system I recomend to install the AppleRTC.kext from SnowL. Fully operational on my venerated P35-DS3R (ML 10.8.2, chamaleon installed in a separated partition as I have done many times following former suggestions from BlackosX -my greetings Sir-). Credits to JUN HO (topic/253992-cmos-resets-on-restarts-after-sleep-and-wake-in-107-lion/page__st__20) who found it out first.

Using the patched kext should just work fine :)
Never met with obstacles

LoBlanc

LoBlanc

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Didn't work for me. I had it sometime under investigation but I did not get it really (elegantly) working with the RTC patched version. Perhaps I had other dependencies, since a.o. i tried different dsdt's...

p.H

p.H

InsanelyMac Legend

• FAQ Team
  • 738 posts

Didn't work for me. I had it sometime under investigation but I did not get it really (elegantly) working with the RTC patched version. Perhaps I had other dependencies, since a.o. i tried different dsdt's...

for waking up causing CMOS reset is only related to AppleRTC.kext
for restarting causing CMOS reset is related to dsdt edits

piratx

piratx

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Let's see if that fix my sleep/wake problem on Asus P5QC too. Will let you guys know :)

Thank you rayap

edit: It won't work and I stuck at [ PCI configuration begin ] message with -v

Edited by piratx, 07 April 2013 - 12:10 AM.

mugatuboochu

mugatuboochu

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Could this be why after installing Mountain Lion on my laptop with Windows 7 Dual Boot that my clock keeps resetting and doesn't save when logging back into Windows? Do I need to apply this cmos reset fix? :worried_anim:

star-affinity

star-affinity

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Could this be why after installing Mountain Lion on my laptop with Windows 7 Dual Boot that my clock keeps resetting and doesn't save when logging back into Windows? Do I need to apply this cmos reset fix? :worried_anim:

Yes, that's probably it. I have the same problem. :(

jamiethemorris

jamiethemorris

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 298 posts
The clock thing is something different. Windows uses a different method for getting the time. Here is how to fix that: http://prasys.info/2...ith-osxwindows/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: CMOS Resets, AppleRTC

Topic Stats Last Post Info

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy