macOS Ventura on Dell XPS 17 L702x Optimus

mackyreddy

955 posts in this topic

Hi folks,

the download of the pre-installed image seems to be down, for the reason of a suspended account.

Any chances for a re-up ?

I'm on a L502X, but running into some problems updating 10.81 -> 10.8.2

Might be nice of just getting the image somehow :)

---------------------

Hallo zusammen,

Ich hoffe mir kann einer auch in deutsch helfen da mein Englisch nicht gerade sehr gut ist

Ich habe volgendes Problem

Meine CPU Temperatur ist immer min. bei 59 Grad und wenn ich z.B. irgendetwas mit Bildbearbeitung starte geht die Temp sofort über die 65 Grad hinaus

Das ist doch bestimmt nicht gesund denn ich habe hier auch schon gelesen das mit dem Kexts-Paket die Temp bei ca. 42 Grad sein soll.

Was kann ich machen das meine Temp. auch wieder nach unten geht?

Ich kann auch keine Lüfter auslesen also dafür fehlen mir auch die Sensoren-Kexte

Ich bin jetz auf ML 10.7.2 und es läuft auch alles super bis ebend auf die Temp. die mir angst macht.

Ich würde mich sehr über Eure Hilfe freuen

PS: Ich habe den XPS L702 ohne 3D

@ ALL-DDL

Hi,

Patched the proper SSDT matching your CPU ?

On German:

Hast du für deine CPU die richtige SSDT installiert?

Nutze einfach Doix Package, da sollten die richtigen Files, mit Beschreibung enthalten sein. Unter anderem auch die Kext für HWSensors

http://www.insanelym...ibly-l702x-too/

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I installed the latest A19 bios, just want to let you all know they enabled UEFI, which means EFI Booting and support of GPT.

Thought you would all want to know.

• Like 1

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know I installed the latest A19 bios, just want to let you all know they enabled UEFI, which means EFI Booting and support of GPT.

Thought you would all want to know.

Hello, where did you download the file?? When I try to download it from Dell's website I only have this message:

"Sorry, the requested file could not be downloaded." :wallbash::(

thanks guys, i was actually waiting for dell to fix the broken links.

May be in few days i will patch & attach A.19 DSDT.aml

By the way if u guys are interested in stripped down Windows 7 or 8 version, check few posts above i had uploaded many releases, choose according to ur tastes.

Have u guys installed A.19 ? if so whats ur opinion on the new bios, any major changes. Have u guys created A.19 DSDT ?

cheers

Have u guys installed A.19 ? if so whats ur opinion on the new bios, any major changes. Have u guys created A.19 DSDT ?

cheers

Yeah I installed it so I could use GPT and install windows using EFI. Runs great so far!

Hey Guys Hearing some problems regarding A.19 bios, those who have installed or updated to new A.19 bios just dont perform a clean installation of 7 or 8. As it would lead to an un bootable state. This is reason why dell seems to have removed download links. So stay away from new A.19 if u guys not updated, those who have already update just dont do a clean installation of windows 7 or 8.

• Like 1

Yeah, they have issues with nvram and runtime variables. If you do clean install with UEFI Windows boot manager sets itself as boot order 0 and overrides keybindings for entering BIOS setup an boot menu .. so you can't access them anymore.

This problem with RTS impacts how clover works as well. Also I was told by Dell to do a clean install because after upgrading to 8 sleep is no longer working nor does hibernate.. even though BIOS changeling says its fixed ...! Dell is a company of shame.

Its really shame on the part of Dell, especially their support to elite or premium class laptop such as XPS really sucks. Being one among the great Fotune 500 doesnt even have ethics and doesnt know how to be consistent. A.12 was good, A.14 was a disaster, A.16, A.17 & A.18 were just ok and Now another disaster with A.19. My previous $400 Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop never had such problems and still going great, just because of that i made my decision to go for XPS.

I'm having some issues trying to get the ML friendly image running on my XPS 17. I don't know if it is because of my current setup, here it is: I had installed a 2nd hard disk and at first installed Lion on it with the iAtkos L2 DVD method, keeping my Win 7 partition on the 1st hard disk. Lion was working perfectly this way, except somehow the disks would keep on switching back and forth randomly when booting up in either windows or OSX: ie. Windows disk would either display as disk0 or disk1 and OSX disk would display as the opposite, but those would switch at reboot sometimes.

I have then repartitionned the 1st hard disk into 2 partitions, installed Windows 7 in the 1st and then restored the ML Friendly image onto the 2nd one and then installed Chameleon onto that partition and used the DSTs and other files from my 10.7 disk.

When booting from the 1st hard disk, the disk0-disk1 mixing up would still occur, but also sometimes things were working or they weren't: one bootup and ML would have USB working and no artifacts, the next bootup USB wouldn't work and I was getting lots of artifacts. I have come to think that it was maybe booting up and getting the boot sequence from the 10.7 partition on my 2nd hard disk from time to time when USB was working.

I have also tried taking out the 2nd hard disk, but then it wouldn't boot anymore, giving me a Boot0/Boot1 error which even after setting the partition as active, it wouldn't work. I have also tried restoring the ML image to a usb stick and installed Chameleon, but I still get the Boot0/Boot1 error.

I'm kind of out of ideas as to how to get ML to run on my 1st hard disk, I'd really like to just format the 2nd disk and just use it for storage. Maybe I just don't know how to install Chameleon properly? Or I haven't gotten the right Chameleon package? I'm using the latest one...

Brockoli

Got it to work finally! I restored the friendly Mountain Lion image to the 2nd partition, copied all the DDST's and extra folder over from my 2nd disk's Lion partition. At this point I was getting a message about no operation system found. I fixed it by resetting the active partition with Windows 7's boot disk command line and DISKPART, then used EasyBCD to enable it. I do not have a fancy bootloader, but at least it works now...

Hello everyone, Using this guide i successfully installed 10.7.4 even i had A.19 Bios on 2nd attempt. i had 10300+ score on geekbench before upgrading to 10.7.4 but now i have only 8300+. Everything seems working besides Sleep. Waiting mountain lion friendly image to re-uploaded to mediafire to give it a try.

I have 2670QM processor on a non-3D l702x. Used only kexts provided by this guide. So i can confirm it works on A.19 bios,

(as i said my only problem remains sleep which is ok. I'd appreciate any advice on geekbench. just worried i dont get max performance out of my system Thanks)

Can anyone attach or upload A.19 DSDT.dsl without any modifications ? check the first page of this thread, there are instructions on how to generate DSDT.dsl.

I am bit skeptical about A.19 and haven't updated my bios, i am still stuck with A.12. So i have decided to patch and release A.19 DSDT for those who have already updated.

@ romturk

Well i will be uploading 10.8.3 image, once its available. So meanwhile those who want to update please do it manually.

thanks zpecter, i will patch and release A.19 DSDT.aml

By the way does USB 2.0 works or do i need to patch it ?

Regarding OS X Mountain Lion try to install manually from scratch, by following the guide posted on the first page or just wait few more days, as iATKOS ML is just around the corner.

Edit:

For A.19 DSDT check the first post

I tried to install Mountain Lion several times and different ways, from a clean image downloaded from the appstore and other versions, and always the same result, it reboots after loading ketxs. It seems there is a problem with the USB, that's the last line I can see on a screenshot. It's weird.

guys does A.19 DSDT's which i have posted does work or not ? I can see 9 & 12 people downloaded the respective DSDT's.

But if u can confirm whether it works or not, then i can attach it to the first post. As i am currently in a position where i cant test myself.

So please reply with some feedback.

regards

Custom A19 BIOS:

- unlocked menus + UEFI Boot

- native speedsteep

- updated cpu microcodes from v23 to v28

- untouched Nvidia GPUs

--------------- above my @kasar

--------------- below by myself

- updated Intel vbios from 2104 to 2137 (thanks @jkbuha) ...should allow for higher VESA resolutions

- PlatformSmm backported from A12 to fix sleep/wake issues for OS X

To flash run 'FLASH_the_modded_bios.bat' and follow onscreen instructions. Make sure laptop is running on AC.

L702x_A19_OSX_Fix.zip

• Like 5

guys does A.19 DSDT's which i have posted does work or not ? I can see 9 & 12 people downloaded the respective DSDT's.

But if u can confirm whether it works or not, then i can attach it to the first post. As i am currently in a position where i cant test myself.

So please reply with some feedback.

regards

Hello, I couldn't try it because I can't boot into Mountain Lion, but I'll try with Lion and we'll see. :wink2:

Custom A19 BIOS:

- unlocked menus + UEFI Boot

- native speedsteep

- updated cpu microcodes from v23 to v28

- untouched Nvidia GPUs

--------------- above my @kasar

--------------- below by myself

- updated Intel vbios from 2104 to 2137 (thanks @jkbuha) ...should allow for higher VESA resolutions

- PlatformSmm backported from A12 to fix sleep/wake issues for OS X

To flash run 'FLASH_the_modded_bios.bat' and follow onscreen instructions. Make sure laptop is running on AC.

Is it safe to install this rom? Will it work with Windows 8 too?